2011 Volkswagen Eos Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Jun 12, 2015
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Average insurance rates for a 2011 Volkswagen Eos are $1,192 a year including full coverage. Comprehensive insurance costs an estimated $224 a year, collision insurance costs $346, and liability costs $464. Buying a liability-only policy costs as little as $514 a year, and high-risk insurance costs $2,574 or more. Teen drivers receive the highest rates at up to $4,634 a year.
Annual premium for full coverage: $1,192
Rate estimates for 2011 Volkswagen Eos Insurance
Rate data is compiled from all 50 U.S. states and averaged for all 2011 Volkswagen Eos models. Rates are based on a 40-year-old male driver, $500 comprehensive and collision deductibles, and a clean driving record. Remaining premium consists of UM/UIM coverage, Medical/PIP, and policy fees.
Price Range by Coverage and Risk
For a 40-year-old driver, prices range range from as low as $514 for just liability insurance to a high of $2,574 for high-risk insurance.
These differences highlight why it is important for drivers to compare rates for a targeted area and risk profile, instead of making a decision based on price averages.
Use the form below to get rates for your location.
Enter your zip code below to view companies based on your location that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Recommended Companies for Cheap 2011 Volkswagen Eos Insurance
Finding lower premiums on insurance coverage is always nearly impossible for consumers new to buying insurance online. Consumers have so many options available that it can easily become a real hassle to compare prices.
It’s important to shop coverage around yearly since rates trend upward over time. Just because you found the best deal for Eos coverage last year a different company probably has better rates today. There is a lot of bad information regarding insurance coverage on the web, but I’m going to show you some proven techniques to put money back in your pocket.
These factors can influence what you pay for Volkswagen Eos insurance
Smart consumers have a good feel for the factors that help determine the rates you pay for insurance coverage. Understanding what determines base rates empowers consumers to make smart changes that may reward you with lower insurance coverage prices.
The following are some of the items used by your company to calculate rates.
- More miles equals more premium – Driving more miles each year the higher your rate. Most insurance companies rate vehicles based on their usage. Cars and trucks left parked in the garage qualify for better rates than those used for commuting. Make sure your insurance coverage coverage shows the proper vehicle usage. If your policy improperly rates your Eos may be costing you.
- Bad driving skills means higher rates – Your driving record has a big impact on rates. Even a single citation can boost insurance rates forty percent or more. Careful drivers receive lower rates than bad drivers. Drivers who get serious violations like reckless driving, hit and run or driving under the influence may be required to file a SR-22 with their state DMV in order to continue driving.
- Sex matters – The statistics show women are more cautious behind the wheel. Now that doesn’t mean men are worse drivers. Women and men have accidents in similar percentages, but the male of the species tend to have more serious accidents. Men also tend to get more serious tickets such as reckless driving.
- Car features impact rates – Purchasing a vehicle with anti-theft technology or alarm system can get you a discount on your insurance coverage. Anti-theft devices such as LoJack tracking devices, vehicle tamper alarm systems or GM’s OnStar system all aid in stopping your car from being stolen.
- Your job and insurance rates – Did you know your insurance coverage rates can be affected by your occupation? Jobs such as judges, executives and dentists tend to pay the highest average rates because of job stress and lengthy work days. Other occupations such as actors, historians and performers have the lowest average rates for Eos coverage.
- Don’t skimp on liability – Liability coverage provides coverage if you are found liable for personal injury or accident damage. Liability provides legal defense up to the limits shown on your policy. Carrying liability coverage is mandatory and cheap when compared with rates for comp and collision, so drivers should carry high limits.
- Older drivers pay less – Older insureds are viewed as being more responsible, tend to file fewer claims and tend to be better behind the wheel. Teenage drivers tend to be careless and easily distracted when behind the wheel and because of this, their insurance coverage rates are much higher.
Pay less for 2011 Volkswagen Eos insurance
Companies that sell car insurance don’t always publicize all their discounts very well, so we break down some of the more common and also the lesser-known discounts you could be receiving.
- Anti-theft Discount – Vehicles with anti-theft systems help deter theft and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- New Car Discount – Buying coverage on a new vehicle can cost up to 25% less since new cars are generally safer.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Having multiple cars or trucks on one policy can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Driver Safety – Taking part in a course teaching defensive driving skills could cut 5% off your bill depending on where you live.
- Own a Home – Being a homeowner can help you save on insurance due to the fact that maintaining a home demonstrates responsibility.
A little note about advertised discounts, most discounts do not apply to the entire policy premium. The majority will only reduce individual premiums such as liability, collision or medical payments. So when it seems like all the discounts add up to a free policy, you won’t be that lucky.
Insurance companies that possibly offer these discounts include:
Double check with each company which discounts they offer. Discounts might not apply everywhere.
Tailor your coverage to you
When buying adequate coverage, there really is not a perfect coverage plan. Everyone’s situation is a little different.
For instance, these questions can aid in determining if your situation will benefit from professional help.
- Am I covered if I crash into my own garage door?
- Can my teen drive my company car?
- When can I cancel my policy?
- Do I need PIP (personal injury protection) coverage in my state?
- Should I have a commercial auto policy?
- Should I buy additional glass protection?
- Are rental cars covered under my policy?
- What are the financial responsibility laws in my state?
If you’re not sure about those questions then you might want to talk to an insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form.
Insurance coverage basics
Knowing the specifics of insurance aids in choosing the right coverages at the best deductibles and correct limits. Policy terminology can be difficult to understand and coverage can change by endorsement.
This coverage will cover injuries or damage you cause to other’s property or people. It protects you against claims from other people. It does not cover your own vehicle damage or injuries.
Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. As an example, you may have values of 50/100/50 that means you have $50,000 bodily injury coverage, a total of $100,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $50,000 of coverage for damaged property.
Liability insurance covers claims such as structural damage, court costs, medical expenses, repair costs for stationary objects and attorney fees. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is a personal decision, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as much as you can afford.
This coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You need to pay your deductible first then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive can pay for things like falling objects, a tree branch falling on your vehicle, damage from a tornado or hurricane, hail damage and a broken windshield. The maximum amount your insurance company will pay is the market value of your vehicle, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Uninsured and underinsured coverage
This coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants from other motorists when they either have no liability insurance or not enough. Covered claims include injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants and also any damage incurred to your Volkswagen Eos.
Because many people only carry the minimum required liability limits, their limits can quickly be used up. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is very important.
Coverage for medical payments
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage pay for expenses such as funeral costs, doctor visits and prosthetic devices. They are used in conjunction with a health insurance program or if you lack health insurance entirely. It covers not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants and also covers being hit by a car walking across the street. Personal Injury Protection is not an option in every state but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Collision insurance pays to fix your vehicle from damage caused by collision with a stationary object or other vehicle. You first must pay a deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision coverage protects against things like driving through your garage door, rolling your car, crashing into a building and damaging your car on a curb. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so you might think about dropping it from vehicles that are 8 years or older. Drivers also have the option to choose a higher deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
Buy Smart and Save
The cheapest 2011 Volkswagen Eos insurance is possible both online as well as from independent agents, so compare prices from both to get a complete price analysis. Some insurance companies don’t offer online price quotes and these small insurance companies work with independent agents.
You just read some good ideas how you can shop for insurance online. The key concept to understand is the more companies you get rates for, the higher the chance of saving money. You may be surprised to find that the lowest rates come from some of the lesser-known companies.
As you prepare to switch companies, it’s not a good idea to reduce coverage to reduce premium. There have been many cases where an insured cut comprehensive coverage or liability limits and learned later that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. Your goal should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage at an affordable rate while not skimping on critical coverages.
For more information, take a look at the articles below:
- Young Drivers: The High Risk Years Video (iihs.org)
- Auto Theft Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Child Safety Seats (Insurance Information Insitute)
- When is the Right Time to Switch Car Insurance Companies? (Allstate)
- If I File a Claim will My Insurance Go Up? (Insurance Information Insitute)
Rates by U.S. City
|New York City, NY||$1,884|
|Los Angeles, CA||$2,040|
Need a specific model?
Choose your model and trim below
Rates by Driver Age
Full coverage, $500 deductibles
Rates by Deductible
Full coverage, driver age 40
Rates by Liability Limit
Full coverage, driver age 40
Rates for High Risk Drivers
Full coverage, $500 deductibles, two speeding tickets, and one at-fault accident
If a financial responsibility filing is required, the additional charge below may also apply.
Potential Rate Discounts
If you qualify for discounts, you may save the amounts shown below.
|5-yr Accident Free||$80|
|5-yr Claim Free||$76|
|Paid in Full/EFT||$48|
Discounts are estimated and may not be available from every company or in every state.