Cheapest 2012 Honda Pilot Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Jun 5, 2023
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
I can’t think of a single person who likes having to buy insurance, in particular when their premiums are too high.
Since consumers have many options when it comes to insurance, it can be diffult for consumers to choose the right insurance company.
Free Auto Insurance Quotes
All major auto insurance companies allow you to get prices online. Obtaining pricing is quite simple as you just type in the coverage amounts you desire as requested by the quote form. After the form is submitted, their rating system will order information on your driving record and credit history and returns a price quote. Online quotes streamlines rate comparisons, but the time it takes to visit different websites and fill out multiple forms can get tiresome after awhile. Unfortunately, it is important to perform this step in order to get better auto insurance pricing.
There is an easier way!
An easier way to find cheaper rates is to use a quote form that obtains quotes from more than one company. It’s a real time-saver, requires less work, and makes price shopping online a little more enjoyable. Once the form is submitted, it is rated with multiple companies and you can pick your choice of the quotes that you receive.
If the quotes result in lower rates, you simply finish the application and buy the policy. The entire process takes 15 minutes at the most and may save quite a bit of money.
To compare rates using this form now, click here and begin entering your coverage information. If you have coverage now, it’s recommended that you enter the coverage information exactly as they are listed on your policy. Using the same limits helps guarantee you will get rate quotes for similar coverage.
Save $401 a year? Really?
Companies like State Farm, GEICO and Progressive regularly use ads on TV and radio. All the ads make the same claim that you’ll save big if you move to their company. How does each company make almost identical claims? This is how they do it.
Different companies can use profiling for the type of driver that makes them money. For example, a driver they prefer might be profiled as over the age of 50, has no prior claims, and has great credit. A propective insured who meets those qualifications gets the lowest rates and therefore will cut their rates substantially.
Consumers who fall outside the “perfect” profile will have to pay a more expensive rate and ends up with the driver buying from a lower-cost company. Company advertisements say “people who switch” not “everybody who quotes” save that much money. That is how insurance companies can confidently advertise the way they do.
Because of the profiling, you need to get a wide range of price quotes. It’s not possible to predict which insurance company will fit your personal profile best.
Save big with these ten discounts
Insurance can be prohibitively expensive, buy you may qualify for discounts that you may not even be aware of. Certain discounts will be applied when you quote, but less common discounts must be manually applied before you get the savings.
- New Car Discount – Adding a new car to your policy can be considerably cheaper compared to insuring an older model.
- Organization Discounts – Being a member of a professional or civic organization may earn a discount when buying car insurance for Pilot coverage.
- Good Student – Getting good grades can earn a discount of 20% or more. The good student discount can last up until you turn 25.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Keeping the miles down on your Honda could be rewarded with lower rates on the low mileage vehicles.
- Sign Online – A few companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks just for signing your application over the internet.
- Early Switch Discount – Some insurance companies reward drivers for buying a policy before your current expiration date. It’s a savings of about 10%.
- Own a Home – Owning a home can help you save on car insurance because owning a home shows financial diligence.
- Defensive Driver – Taking a driver safety course could cut 5% off your bill if you qualify.
- Passive Restraints – Vehicles with factory air bags may earn rate discounts of more than 20%.
- Employee of Federal Government – Employees or retirees of the government could cut as much as 10% off for Pilot coverage with select insurance companies.
Drivers should understand that most of the big mark downs will not be given to all coverage premiums. The majority will only reduce specific coverage prices like liability and collision coverage. So when the math indicates adding up those discounts means a free policy, companies don’t profit that way. Any qualifying discounts will cut your premiums.
For a list of insurers offering car insurance discounts, click here.
But I don’t know anything about car insurance
When choosing adequate coverage, there really is not a perfect coverage plan. Each situation is unique so this has to be addressed. For instance, these questions might help in determining whether or not you would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Is my 2012 Honda Pilot covered for flood damage?
- Why is insurance for a teen driver so high?
- Do I pay less for low miles?
- Is business property covered if stolen from my car?
- Should I put collision coverage on all my vehicles?
- Am I covered by my spouse’s policy after a separation?
If you can’t answer these questions, you might consider talking to a licensed agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Auto insurance coverage information
Knowing the specifics of a insurance policy can help you determine appropriate coverage and the correct deductibles and limits. Insurance terms can be impossible to understand and nobody wants to actually read their policy. These are typical coverages available from insurance companies.
Uninsured and underinsured coverage – Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage provides protection from other drivers when they do not carry enough liability coverage. Covered claims include hospital bills for your injuries as well as damage to your Honda Pilot.
Because many people carry very low liability coverage limits, it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is important protection for you and your family. Usually these limits are set the same as your liablity limits.
Liability car insurance – This coverage provides protection from injuries or damage you cause to people or other property that is your fault. Coverage consists of three different limits, per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. Your policy might show values of 50/100/50 that translate to a $50,000 limit per person for injuries, a limit of $100,000 in injury protection per accident, and $50,000 of coverage for damaged property. Occasionally you may see a combined single limit or CSL which combines the three limits into one amount without having the split limit caps.
Liability coverage pays for claims such as repair costs for stationary objects, funeral expenses, attorney fees, medical expenses and repair bills for other people’s vehicles. How much liability should you purchase? That is up to you, but you should buy higher limits if possible.
Comprehensive coverages – This coverage pays for damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You first must pay your deductible and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive can pay for things like damage from getting keyed, hail damage, damage from flooding, hitting a bird and hitting a deer. The maximum payout a insurance company will pay at claim time is the ACV or actual cash value, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible consider dropping full coverage.
Collision coverage – Collision coverage pays for damage to your Pilot resulting from colliding with another car or object. You have to pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision coverage protects against claims such as colliding with another moving vehicle, crashing into a ditch, scraping a guard rail and sideswiping another vehicle. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from vehicles that are older. Drivers also have the option to raise the deductible in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Coverage for medical payments – Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance provide coverage for bills for pain medications, surgery and doctor visits. The coverages can be used to fill the gap from your health insurance policy or if there is no health insurance coverage. Coverage applies to you and your occupants as well as any family member struck as a pedestrian. PIP is only offered in select states but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
And the best car insurance company is…
When buying insurance coverage, never buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. Too many times, someone dropped physical damage coverage and found out when filing a claim that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. Your aim should be to purchase plenty of coverage for the lowest price while still protecting your assets.
Cheaper 2012 Honda Pilot insurance is possible on the web and with local insurance agents, and you should be comparing both to get a complete price analysis. There are still a few companies who do not offer online quoting and many times these smaller companies only sell through independent insurance agents.
Additional car insurance information is available on the following sites:
- Eight Auto Insurance Myths (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Should I Buy a New or Used Car? (Allstate)
- Uninsured Motorist Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Choosing a Car for Your Teen (State Farm)
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- If I File a Claim will My Insurance Go Up? (Insurance Information Insitute)
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I find the cheapest insurance for my 2012 Honda Odyssey?
To find the cheapest insurance for your 2012 Honda Odyssey, consider the following steps:
- Shop around: Obtain quotes from multiple insurance providers to compare rates and coverage options.
- Opt for higher deductibles: Choosing a higher deductible can lower your insurance premium, but make sure you can afford to pay the deductible if you need to make a claim.
- Maintain a clean driving record: Having a history of safe driving can help you secure lower insurance rates.
- Explore available discounts: Inquire about any discounts you may be eligible for, such as multi-policy, multi-vehicle, or good driver discounts.
- Consider usage-based insurance: Some insurance companies offer programs where your rates are based on your driving habits, potentially resulting in lower premiums if you have good driving behavior.
What factors influence the cost of insurance for a 2012 Honda Odyssey?
Several factors can affect the cost of insurance for a 2012 Honda Odyssey, including:
- Age and driving experience: Younger and inexperienced drivers typically pay higher insurance premiums.
- Location: Insurance rates can vary based on your location due to factors like crime rates and accident frequency in the area.
- Vehicle usage: The intended use of your Honda Odyssey, such as personal or business, can impact insurance rates.
- Coverage and deductible: The type and level of coverage you choose, as well as your deductible amount, can affect your insurance premium.
- Driving record: A history of accidents or traffic violations can result in higher insurance rates.
- Credit history: Some insurance providers consider credit history when determining premiums.
- Safety features: The presence of safety features in your 2012 Honda Odyssey, such as anti-lock brakes, airbags, or an anti-theft system, can potentially lower your insurance costs.
Are there any specific insurance providers known for offering affordable rates for a 2012 Honda Odyssey?
While specific insurance rates can vary based on individual circumstances, it’s generally a good idea to consider obtaining quotes from various insurance providers. Some well-known insurance companies often offer competitive rates for auto insurance, including:
- State Farm
- USAA (for military personnel and their families)
Are there any insurance discounts available specifically for a 2012 Honda Odyssey?
Insurance discounts can vary depending on the insurance provider, but some common discounts that may apply to a 2012 Honda Odyssey (or any vehicle) include:
- Multi-policy discount: If you insure your Odyssey and other policies, such as home or renters insurance, with the same provider, you may qualify for a discount.
- Multi-vehicle discount: If you insure multiple vehicles on the same policy, you may be eligible for a discount.
- Good driver discount: Maintaining a clean driving record with no accidents or traffic violations can often lead to discounted rates.
- Safety features discount: If your 2012 Honda Odyssey is equipped with safety features like anti-lock brakes, airbags, or an anti-theft system, you may qualify for a discount.
- Low mileage discount: If you don’t drive your Odyssey extensively, you may be eligible for a discount.
- Good student discount: If you have a student driver with good grades, you may qualify for discounted rates.
- Pay-in-full discount: Some insurers offer discounts if you pay your premium in full rather than in installments.
Are there any additional tips to lower the cost of insurance for my 2012 Honda Odyssey?
Here are some additional tips to potentially reduce the cost of insurance for your 2012 Honda Odyssey:
- Take a defensive driving course: Successfully completing a defensive driving course can sometimes qualify you for discounted rates.
- Maintain a good credit score: Some insurance companies consider credit history when determining premiums, so maintaining a good credit score may help lower your rates.
- Remove unnecessary coverage: Review your insurance policy to ensure you’re not paying for coverage you don’t need, but be cautious to maintain adequate protection.
- Avoid filing small claims: Consider handling minor damages out of pocket instead of filing a claim, as multiple claims can lead to higher premiums.
- Regularly review your policy: As your circumstances change, such as moving or adding safety features, update your insurance provider to see if it affects your rates.
- Bundle insurance policies: If you have multiple insurance needs, bundling them with one provider may result in discounted rates.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- GMC Sierra Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Ford Focus Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area