2012 MINI Cooper Roadster Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Oct 12, 2017
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Looking for cheaper auto insurance rates for your MINI Cooper Roadster? I can’t think of a single person who looks forward to paying for auto insurance, especially when the price is too high. Drivers have multiple insurance companies to buy insurance from, and although it’s nice to have a selection, too many choices makes it more difficult to locate the cheapest rates.
Take discounts and save
Car insurance is not cheap, but companies offer discounts to help offset the cost. Certain discounts will be applied at the time of purchase, but a few must be specially asked for in order for you to get them. If you aren’t receiving every discount available, you are throwing money away.
- Homeowners Savings – Being a homeowner can help you save on car insurance because of the fact that having a home requires personal responsibility.
- Defensive Driving Course – Successfully completing a defensive driving course can save you 5% or more and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- Accident Forgiveness – A few companies permit an accident before hitting you with a surcharge as long as you don’t have any claims for a certain period of time.
- Anti-lock Brake System – Vehicles equipped with ABS or steering control are safer to drive and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Drivers Ed for Students – Require your teen driver to enroll in driver’s education if it’s offered in school.
- Good Students Pay Less – Performing well in school can earn a discount of 20% or more. This discount can apply well after school through age 25.
- Early Signing – A few companies offer discounts for buying a policy prior to your current policy expiration. This can save 10% or more.
- Low Mileage – Fewer annual miles on your MINI can qualify you for a substantially lower rate.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Buying insurance for multiple cars or trucks on one policy can get a discount on all vehicles.
It’s important to understand that most credits do not apply to all coverage premiums. Most cut the cost of specific coverages such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. Even though it may seem like it’s possible to get free car insurance, it doesn’t quite work that way. But any discount will cut the amount you have to pay.
Companies who might offer these benefits include:
Double check with each company what discounts are available to you. Savings might not apply in your state.
Car Insurance Prices
Getting a cheaper price on 2012 MINI Cooper Roadster insurance is a fairly straight forward process. Consumers just need to invest a little time comparing price quotes provided by online insurance companies. This can be done in just a few minutes using one of these methods.
- Probably the best way to get the best comparison quotes is to use a rate comparison form (click to open form in new window). This type of form saves time by eliminating separate quote forms for each company. One simple form will get you price quotes instantly.
- A slightly less efficient method to get quotes online is to manually visit the website for each individual company and complete a new quote form. For examples sake, let’s say you want comparison quotes from USAA, Progressive and Liberty Mutual. You would have to go to every website to enter your coverage information, which is why most consumers use the first method. For a handy list of car insurance company links in your area, click here.
- The hardest method to compare rates is driving to local insurance agencies. The ability to buy insurance online has reduced the need for local agents unless you have a need for the personal advice that only a license agent can provide. It is possible to get prices online and get advice from an agent in your area and we’ll touch on that later.
It doesn’t matter which method you choose, just ensure you are comparing identical coverages on every quote. If the quotes have mixed coverages you can’t possibly decipher which rate is best.
Which policy gives me the best coverage?
When it comes to choosing the right insurance coverage, there really is not a perfect coverage plan. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs and your policy should reflect that. For instance, these questions can aid in determining whether your personal situation might need professional guidance.
- Do I have coverage if my license is suspended?
- When would I need rental car insurance?
- Is business equipment covered while in my vehicle?
- Should I file a claim if it’s only slightly more than my deductible?
- Who is covered when they drive my 2012 MINI Cooper Roadster?
- Can my teen drive my company car?
If you’re not sure about those questions but a few of them apply then you might want to talk to a licensed agent. If you don’t have a local agent, complete this form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier It only takes a few minutes and you can get the answers you need.
The coverage is in the details
Knowing the specifics of a insurance policy aids in choosing the best coverages and the correct deductibles and limits. Policy terminology can be ambiguous and coverage can change by endorsement. Listed below are typical coverages available from insurance companies.
Liability insurance can cover damage or injury you incur to other’s property or people that is your fault. It protects you against claims from other people. It does not cover damage to your own property or vehicle.
Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. As an example, you may have limits of 50/100/50 that means you have $50,000 bodily injury coverage, a per accident bodily injury limit of $100,000, and property damage coverage for $50,000. Alternatively, you may have a combined limit that pays claims from the same limit with no separate limits for injury or property damage.
Liability can pay for claims like structural damage, pain and suffering, medical expenses, legal defense fees and emergency aid. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is a decision to put some thought into, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as much as you can afford.
UM/UIM (Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist) coverage
Your UM/UIM coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants when other motorists are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. It can pay for hospital bills for your injuries and damage to your MINI Cooper Roadster.
Due to the fact that many drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits, it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is a good idea. Most of the time the UM/UIM limits are similar to your liability insurance amounts.
Medical payments and PIP coverage
Med pay and PIP coverage provide coverage for short-term medical expenses for dental work, rehabilitation expenses and hospital visits. They are often utilized in addition to your health insurance program or if you do not have health coverage. Coverage applies to not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants as well as if you are hit as a while walking down the street. PIP is not available in all states and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Collision insurance will pay to fix damage to your Cooper Roadster resulting from colliding with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You first must pay a deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision coverage pays for claims like crashing into a building, scraping a guard rail, sustaining damage from a pot hole, crashing into a ditch and colliding with a tree. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from vehicles that are older. Another option is to choose a higher deductible in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Comprehensive auto coverage
Comprehensive insurance pays for damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You first must pay your deductible and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for things such as hitting a deer, damage from getting keyed, hitting a bird, falling objects and fire damage. The highest amount you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the ACV or actual cash value, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value consider dropping full coverage.
The best insurance company isn’t always the cheapest
Discount 2012 MINI Cooper Roadster insurance can be bought from both online companies as well as from independent agents, and you need to comparison shop both so you have a total pricing picture. Some insurance providers don’t offer you the ability to get quotes online and usually these smaller companies provide coverage only through local independent agents.
We just presented many ways to get a better price on insurance. The key thing to remember is the more providers you compare, the better likelihood of reducing your rate. Drivers may discover the lowest premiums are with a small local company. These smaller insurers may only write in your state and offer lower rates than their larger competitors like Allstate and Progressive.
More information can be read below:
Frequently Asked Questions
- How Much Does Car Insurance Cost?
- Cheap Car Insurance: Myth or Reality?
- Will a Speeding Ticket Raise My Car Insurance Rates?
- Car Insurance Rates 2018: Why are Prices Increasing?
- How Much Does Car Insurance Cost for a 16 Year Old?
- Which Cars are Cheapest to Insure?
- Does a Teenager with a Learner’s Permit Need to be Listed on my Policy?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Toyota Highlander Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Hyundai Elantra Insurance
- Dodge Grand Caravan Insurance
- Hyundai Santa Fe Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area