Cheaper 2012 Toyota Camry Car Insurance Quotes
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Aug 23, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Want the cheapest insurance rates for your Toyota Camry? Are you sick and tired of trying to scrape together enough money to insure your Toyota every month? You are in the same boat as many other drivers.
You have so many auto insurance companies to buy insurance from, and even though it’s nice to have a selection, it makes it harder to compare rates and cut insurance costs.
You should take the time to shop coverage around occasionally since rates are variable and change quite frequently. Just because you found the best rates for Camry insurance six months ago you can probably find a better price now. Don’t believe everything you read about insurance online, so by reading this article, you’re going to learn the easiest ways to find affordable insurance.
Cheap Auto Insurance Comparisons
Performing a rate comparison can take time and effort if you don’t know the easiest way. You can waste a few hours (or days) discussing policy coverages with insurance companies in your area, or you can utilize online quotes to get pricing more quickly.
Many insurance companies belong to a marketplace where prospective buyers enter their coverage request one time, and each company then gives them pricing based on that information. This system prevents you from having to do quotation requests to every company.
To find out what other companies charge for 2012 Toyota Camry insurance click here (opens in new window).
The single downside to using this type of form is you are unable to specify which carriers you will receive quotes from. So if you want to select individual companies to compare prices, we have a page of companies who write auto insurance in your area.
It doesn’t matter which method you choose, just double check that you are using the exact same coverages for every quote you compare. If you use higher or lower deductibles it’s impossible to determine the best price for your Toyota Camry. Just a small difference in coverages may result in large price differences. Just remember that comparing a large number of companies helps locate the best price.
Don’t miss out on these money-saving discounts
Car insurance is not cheap, but you can get discounts that you may not know about. Most are applied when you complete an application, but a few need to be asked about prior to receiving the credit.
- Drivers Education – Cut your cost by having your teen driver complete a driver education course in high school.
- Clubs and Organizations – Affiliation with a qualifying organization is a good way to get lower rates when shopping for insurance coverage for Camry insurance.
- Multi-policy Discount – If you insure your home and vehicles with one company you may save 10% to 20% off each policy.
- Safety Course Discount – Taking part in a course in driver safety could cut 5% off your bill depending on where you live.
- E-sign – A few companies may give you up to $50 for buying a policy and signing up digitally online.
- Military Rewards – Being deployed with a military unit could mean lower rates.
Drivers should understand that some of the credits will not apply the whole policy. Most cut the cost of specific coverages such as comp or med pay. Even though it may seem like all those discounts means the company will pay you, you won’t be that lucky. But all discounts will help reduce the cost of coverage.
A partial list of companies that may have these money-saving discounts may include but are not limited to:
- State Farm
- Farm Bureau
It’s a good idea to ask all companies you are considering how you can save money. Discounts may not apply in every state.
Do I need special coverages?
When choosing coverage, there really is no single plan that fits everyone. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s and a cookie cutter policy won’t apply. Here are some questions about coverages that can help discover if you would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- I have a DUI can I still get coverage?
- Why am I be forced to buy a membership to get insurance from some companies?
- Can I drive in Mexico and have coverage?
- Do I need medical payments coverage since I have good health insurance?
- Should I have combined single limit or split liability limits?
- Should I drop comprehensive coverage on older vehicles?
- Am I covered when driving someone else’s vehicle?
- When do I need to add a new car to my policy?
- Does insurance cover tools stolen from my truck?
If you can’t answer these questions, you may need to chat with an insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, complete this form.
These factors can influence what you pay for Toyota Camry insurance
Smart consumers have a good feel for some of the elements that come into play when calculating your insurance coverage rates. Understanding what impacts premium levels empowers consumers to make smart changes that could result in better insurance coverage rates.
- Pleasure use saves money – The higher the mileage driven in a year the more you will pay for insurance coverage. The majority of insurers rate vehicles based on their usage. Autos not used for work or commuting can get a lower rate than vehicles that are driven to work every day. An improperly rated Camry may be costing you. Ask your agent if your insurance coverage declarations sheet is showing the correct usage for each vehicle, because it can save money.
- Frequent insurance coverage claims increase rates – Companies award discounts to insureds who do not rely on their insurance for small claims. If you file claims often, you can pretty much guarantee either policy cancellation or increased premiums. Your insurance policy is intended to be relied upon for the bigger claims that can’t be paid out-of-pocket.
- Your location is important – Residing in less populated areas can be a good thing when buying insurance coverage. Less people living in that area means fewer accidents. City drivers tend to have much more traffic to deal with and longer commute times. Longer commute distances can result in more accidents.
- Liability coverage protects you – Liability coverage will protect you when you are found to be at fault for damages from an accident. Liability insurance provides legal defense coverage up to the limits shown on your policy. Liability insurance is quite affordable when compared with rates for comp and collision, so buy as much as you can afford.
- More than one policy can earn a discount – Most insurance companies will give a discount to policyholders who consolidate policies with them. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. Discounts can add up to 10 percent or more. Even with this discount, it’s in your best interest to comparison shop to verify if the discount is saving money.
- Drive a safer car and pay less – Vehicles with high crash test scores can get you lower premiums. These vehicles protect occupants better and fewer injuries translates into fewer and smaller insurance claims and thus lower rates. If your Toyota earned at least an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website or four stars on the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration website it is probably cheaper to insure.
Coverages available on your policy
Learning about specific coverages of insurance can help you determine the best coverages and the correct deductibles and limits. Policy terminology can be ambiguous and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording. Listed below are the usual coverages offered by insurance companies.
Liability coverage protects you from damage or injury you incur to other people or property by causing an accident. This coverage protects you against claims from other people, and does not provide coverage for your own vehicle damage or injuries.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. Your policy might show policy limits of 100/300/100 which stand for a $100,000 limit per person for injuries, $300,000 for the entire accident, and a limit of $100,000 paid for damaged property. Occasionally you may see one limit called combined single limit (CSL) that pays claims from the same limit with no separate limits for injury or property damage.
Liability coverage protects against claims like attorney fees, legal defense fees, bail bonds and court costs. How much liability should you purchase? That is a personal decision, but you should buy higher limits if possible.
Coverage for collisions
Collision coverage pays for damage to your Camry caused by collision with another car or object. You will need to pay your deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision insurance covers claims such as backing into a parked car, crashing into a building and damaging your car on a curb. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so consider dropping it from vehicles that are older. You can also bump up the deductible to bring the cost down.
Comprehensive (Other than Collision)
This coverage covers damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You first must pay your deductible then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive coverage pays for things such as theft, a tree branch falling on your vehicle, damage from flooding and fire damage. The maximum amount you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the market value of your vehicle, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Medical expense insurance
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP provide coverage for expenses for things like funeral costs, prosthetic devices, EMT expenses, doctor visits and dental work. They can be utilized in addition to your health insurance policy or if there is no health insurance coverage. Medical payments and PIP cover not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants in addition to getting struck while a pedestrian. PIP is not an option in every state and may carry a deductible
Protection from uninsured/underinsured drivers
Your UM/UIM coverage provides protection when other motorists either have no liability insurance or not enough. It can pay for injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants and also any damage incurred to your Toyota Camry.
Since a lot of drivers carry very low liability coverage limits, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is important protection for you and your family. Most of the time these limits do not exceed the liability coverage limits.
A tidy conclusion
Cheaper 2012 Toyota Camry insurance is available from both online companies in addition to many insurance agents, so you should compare both in order to have the best chance of saving money. There are still a few companies who do not provide you the ability to get quotes online and many times these small insurance companies only sell through independent insurance agents.
We just showed you a lot of tips how to reduce insurance prices online. It’s most important to understand that the more providers you compare, the better your comparison will be. Consumers may even find the most savings is with some of the lesser-known companies. These companies may have significantly lower rates on certain market segments than their larger competitors like Allstate or State Farm.
To learn more, feel free to browse the articles below:
- Auto Insurance Facts and Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Reducing Your Risks in a Car Crash Video (iihs.org)
- Teen Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Property Damage Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Determining Your Vehicle’s Value and Repair Cost (Insurance Information Insitute)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will GEICO insure a car not in my name?
- What is covered in a Jeep powertrain warranty?
- Are Jeeps more expensive to insure?
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Dodge Grand Caravan Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Subaru Outback Insurance
- Hyundai Tucson Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area