Cheapest 2013 Toyota FJ Cruiser Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Jun 5, 2023
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Searching for lower car insurance rates for your Toyota FJ Cruiser? Feel like you’re a prisoner to high-priced car insurance? Trust us when we tell you you are not the only one feeling buyer’s remorse.
Insurance companies such as Allstate, Liberty Mutual and State Farm all claim big savings, bombarding you with TV and radio ads and it is challenging if not impossible to ignore the propoganda and do the work needed to find the best deal.
If you currently have a car insurance policy, you will most likely be able to reduce your rates substantially using this strategy. Finding affordable coverage is easy if you know what you’re doing. Although vehicle owners can benefit by having an understanding of how the larger insurance companies market insurance on the web.
Which Car Insurance is Cheapest?
When shopping for car insurance there are multiple ways of comparing price quotes from different insurance companies. The easiest way by far to find the cheapest 2013 Toyota FJ Cruiser insurance rates is to perform an online rate comparison. This can be done using a couple different methods.
The recommended way to get quotes would be an industry-wide quote request form click here to open form in new window. This type of form eliminates the need for repetitive form entry for each company you want a rate for. One quote request will return price quotes from multiple low-cost companies.
Another way to compare rate quotes requires a visit to each individual company website and complete a new quote form. For instance, we’ll pretend you want comparison quotes from Liberty Mutual, GEICO and Allstate. To get each rate you have to go to every website and enter your policy data, which is why the first method is more popular.
For a handy list of car insurance company links in your area, click here.
It’s up to you which method you use, but make absolute certain that you use exactly the same information for every quote you compare. If the quotes have different liability limits you can’t possibly find the best deal for your Toyota FJ Cruiser. Just a small difference in insurance coverages may cause a big price difference. Keep in mind that having more price comparisons helps you find a lower rate.
Discounts are basically free money
Companies offering auto insurance don’t necessarily list all available discounts in an easy-to-find place, so the following is a list of some of the best known and also the lesser-known savings tricks you should be using.
- Claim Free – Drivers with accident-free driving histories can save substantially compared to frequent claim filers.
- Payment Discounts – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time instead of making monthly payments you may reduce your total bill.
- Club Memberships – Being a member of a civic or occupational organization is a good way to get lower rates when shopping for insurance for FJ Cruiser insurance.
- Bundle and Save – If you have multiple policies with one insurance company you may earn at least 10% off all policies.
- Paperless Signup – Certain companies give back up to $50 for buying your policy on their website.
- Use Seat Belts – Requiring all passengers to use a seat belt could save 15% off the personal injury premium cost.
- Life Insurance Discount – Companies who offer life insurance give a break if you buy auto and life insurance together.
- Low Mileage – Low mileage vehicles can qualify you for discounted rates on garaged vehicles.
A little note about advertised discounts, some credits don’t apply to your bottom line cost. Some only apply to specific coverage prices like liability and collision coverage. Even though it may seem like you could get a free insurance policy, insurance companies aren’t that generous.
To see a list of companies who offer insurance discounts, click here.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Which insurance is the “right” coverage?
When choosing coverage, there isn’t really a “perfect” insurance plan. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s so your insurance needs to address that. Here are some questions about coverages that could help you determine if your insurance needs will benefit from professional help.
- When should my teen driver be added to my policy?
- Am I covered when using my vehicle for business?
- Can I get a multi-policy discount for packaging my home and auto coverage?
- What is the rate difference between pleasure use and commuting?
- Does insurance cover tools stolen from my truck?
- What is covered by UM/UIM coverage?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions, you might consider talking to an agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form or click here for a list of car insurance companies in your area.
Car insurance policy coverages for a Toyota FJ Cruiser
Understanding the coverages of your car insurance policy helps when choosing which coverages you need for your vehicles. The terms used in a policy can be difficult to understand and nobody wants to actually read their policy. Listed below are the normal coverages offered by car insurance companies.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist (UM/UIM)
This provides protection from other drivers when they do not carry enough liability coverage. This coverage pays for injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants as well as damage to your Toyota FJ Cruiser.
Since a lot of drivers carry very low liability coverage limits, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages should not be overlooked.
Comprehensive insurance coverage covers damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You need to pay your deductible first then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive coverage protects against claims like theft, vandalism, a broken windshield, damage from getting keyed and damage from flooding. The highest amount a car insurance company will pay at claim time is the actual cash value, so if the vehicle’s value is low consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Med pay and Personal Injury Protection (PIP)
Med pay and PIP coverage kick in for immediate expenses for doctor visits, chiropractic care and dental work. They are often used to fill the gap from your health insurance program or if you are not covered by health insurance. Coverage applies to not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants and will also cover if you are hit as a while walking down the street. PIP coverage is not universally available and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Collision coverage protection
Collision coverage pays for damage to your FJ Cruiser resulting from colliding with another car or object. A deductible applies then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision can pay for claims like sustaining damage from a pot hole, colliding with another moving vehicle, colliding with a tree and hitting a parking meter. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from vehicles that are 8 years or older. It’s also possible to increase the deductible in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Liability insurance will cover injuries or damage you cause to other people or property that is your fault. This coverage protects you against claims from other people, and does not provide coverage for damage to your own property or vehicle.
Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. Your policy might show limits of 50/100/50 that means you have a $50,000 limit per person for injuries, a total of $100,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and property damage coverage for $50,000.
Liability insurance covers claims such as repair bills for other people’s vehicles, funeral expenses and bail bonds. How much liability should you purchase? That is a decision to put some thought into, but you should buy higher limits if possible.
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I find the cheapest auto insurance rates for my 2013 Toyota FJ Cruiser in 2023?
The easiest way to find the cheapest rates is to perform an online rate comparison. You can use an industry-wide quote request form or visit individual company websites to get quotes.
What is the recommended method to get insurance quotes?
The recommended method is to use an industry-wide quote request form that eliminates the need for repetitive form entry. This form will provide price quotes from multiple low-cost companies.
How can I ensure accurate comparisons when getting quotes?
Make sure to use exactly the same information for every quote you compare. Even a small difference in insurance coverages can cause a big price difference. Having more price comparisons helps you find a lower rate.
Are there discounts available to lower my insurance rates?
Yes, there are various discounts offered by insurance companies. Some of the best known and lesser-known savings tricks include:
- Good driver discounts
- Multi-policy discounts
- Safe driver discounts
- Anti-theft device discounts
- Good student discounts
- Low mileage discounts
Which car insurance coverage is the “right” coverage?
There isn’t a one-size-fits-all insurance plan. Your insurance needs depend on your specific situation. To determine the right coverage for you, consider the following questions:
- How much liability coverage do you need?
- Do you want coverage for uninsured/underinsured motorists?
- Do you need comprehensive coverage for non-collision damage?
- Are you interested in medical payment or personal injury protection?
- What deductible and collision coverage do you prefer?
What are the typical coverages offered by car insurance companies?
The normal coverages offered by car insurance companies include:
- Liability insurance: Covers injuries or damage you cause to others or their property.
- Uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage: Protects you when the other driver has insufficient liability coverage.
- Comprehensive insurance: Covers non-collision damage to your vehicle.
- Collision coverage: Pays for damage resulting from colliding with another car or object.
- Med pay and personal injury protection (PIP): Provides immediate coverage for medical expenses.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Chevrolet Impala Insurance
- Jeep Grand Cherokee Insurance
- Subaru Outback Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area