Cheapest 2014 Kia Sorento Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Jun 5, 2023
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Buyers have lots of choices when searching for the lowest priced Kia Sorento insurance. You can either spend your time driving around to compare prices or save time using the internet to find the lowest rates.
There is a better way to shop for insurance so we’re going to tell you the absolute fastest way to get price quotes for your Kia and locate the lowest possible price from local insurance agents and online providers.
It’s important to compare rates every six months because prices fluctuate regularly. Despite the fact that you may have had the lowest rates for Sorento coverage two years ago you can probably find a lower rate today. Ignore everything you know about insurance because you’re about to learn the best way to find the best coverage while lowering your premiums.
Which Car Insurance is Cheapest?
Most companies quote pricing on their websites. This process is pretty painless as you simply enter your coverage information into the quote form. Upon sending the form, the company’s rating system makes automated requests for credit information and your driving record and returns a price quote based on these and other factors.
Online quotes makes it a lot easier to compare rates but the time required to go to many different websites and type in the same information can get tiresome after awhile. Unfortunately, it is important to perform this step if you want to find the lowest possible prices on car insurance.
The preferred way to locate the lowest prices requires only one form that gets prices from a bunch of companies at once. It saves time, reduces the work, and makes online shopping much more efficient. Immediately after you send the form, it gets priced with multiple companies and you can pick any one of the quote results.
If one or more price quotes are lower than your current rates, it’s easy to complete the application and buy the new coverage. This process can be completed in a matter of minutes and you’ll know if lower rates are available.
In order to use this form to compare rates, click here to open in new window and enter your information. If you have your current policy handy, we recommend you input the coverage information exactly as they are listed on your policy. This makes sure you will have rate comparison quotes for the exact same coverage.
Tailor your coverage to you
When buying adequate coverage, there really is not a cookie cutter policy. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s.
For instance, these questions can aid in determining if your situation may require specific advice.
- Do I have coverage for damage caused while driving under the influence?
- Is my ex-spouse still covered by my policy?
- Do I benefit by insuring my home with the same company?
- Do I need roadside assistance coverage?
- Is my custom paint covered by insurance?
- Which companies will insure high-risk drivers?
- Does my car insurance cover rental cars?
- Why does it cost so much to insure a teen driver?
- Do I need more liability coverage?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but one or more may apply to you then you might want to talk to a licensed agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, take a second and complete this form. It’s fast, free and can provide invaluable advice.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Insurance coverages and their meanings
Understanding the coverages of your insurance policy can help you determine appropriate coverage and proper limits and deductibles. The coverage terms in a policy can be confusing and coverage can change by endorsement.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist (UM/UIM)
This coverage protects you and your vehicle from other motorists when they either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. Covered losses include medical payments for you and your occupants as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Because many people have only the minimum liability required by law, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. So UM/UIM coverage is important protection for you and your family. Normally your uninsured/underinsured motorist coverages are identical to your policy’s liability coverage.
Collision insurance will pay to fix damage to your Sorento resulting from colliding with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. A deductible applies and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision insurance covers things like rolling your car, colliding with a tree, colliding with another moving vehicle and sustaining damage from a pot hole. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so consider dropping it from vehicles that are older. You can also increase the deductible to bring the cost down.
Med pay and Personal Injury Protection (PIP)
Med pay and PIP coverage reimburse you for bills like dental work, doctor visits, rehabilitation expenses and pain medications. The coverages can be used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance plan or if you lack health insurance entirely. They cover you and your occupants in addition to if you are hit as a while walking down the street. Personal injury protection coverage is only offered in select states but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
This coverage covers damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You first must pay your deductible then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive insurance covers things such as rock chips in glass, damage from flooding, damage from a tornado or hurricane, theft and damage from getting keyed. The most your insurance company will pay is the market value of your vehicle, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Auto liability insurance
This coverage will cover damages or injuries you inflict on people or other property by causing an accident. This coverage protects you against other people’s claims, and doesn’t cover damage to your own property or vehicle.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. As an example, you may have values of 100/300/100 that means you have $100,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a total of $300,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $100,000 of coverage for damaged property. Occasionally you may see one number which is a combined single limit which limits claims to one amount and claims can be made without the split limit restrictions.
Liability can pay for things such as structural damage, legal defense fees, medical expenses, funeral expenses and medical services. How much liability should you purchase? That is a decision to put some thought into, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as high a limit as you can afford.
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I find the cheapest insurance for my 2014 Kia Sorento?
Finding the cheapest insurance for your 2014 Kia Sorento involves several steps. Here are some tips to help you get started:
- Shop around: Obtain quotes from multiple insurance companies to compare rates. Each insurer has its own pricing criteria, so it’s essential to compare different options.
- Consider your coverage needs: Determine the coverage level you require based on your circumstances. While it’s important to find affordable insurance, make sure it also provides adequate protection for your vehicle and yourself.
- Opt for higher deductibles: Choosing a higher deductible (the amount you pay out of pocket before insurance kicks in) can lower your premium. However, be prepared to cover this higher amount in case of a claim.
- Explore discounts: Inquire about available discounts, such as multi-policy discounts, safe driver discounts, or discounts for certain safety features on your Kia Sorento. These can help reduce your insurance costs.
- Maintain a good driving record: Your driving history plays a significant role in determining insurance rates. By maintaining a clean driving record, you demonstrate that you are a responsible driver and may be eligible for lower premiums.
Are there any specific factors that can affect the cost of insurance for a 2014 Kia Sorento?
Yes, several factors can influence the cost of insurance for your 2014 Kia Sorento. Some common factors include:
- Vehicle’s value and safety features: The value of your Kia Sorento and its safety features can impact your insurance rates. Vehicles with advanced safety features may qualify for discounts, while expensive or luxury models might have higher premiums.
- Driving history: Your driving record, including any past accidents, traffic violations, or claims, can affect your insurance rates. Drivers with a clean record typically pay lower premiums.
- Location: The place you live can influence insurance costs. Areas with higher crime rates or a history of accidents might result in higher premiums compared to safer neighborhoods.
- Age and gender: Younger and inexperienced drivers generally have higher insurance rates. Additionally, males may have slightly higher premiums due to statistical data indicating higher accident risks.
- Coverage level and deductible: The coverage level you choose and the deductible you’re willing to pay can affect your premium. Higher coverage levels and lower deductibles typically result in higher premiums.
- Credit history: In some jurisdictions, insurance companies may consider your credit history when calculating premiums. Maintaining good credit can positively impact your insurance rates.
Can I get a discount on my 2014 Kia Sorento insurance?
Yes, there are various discounts you can explore to potentially lower your insurance costs for a 2014 Kia Sorento. Some common discounts offered by insurance companies include:
- Multi-policy discount: If you have multiple insurance policies with the same insurer, such as auto and home insurance, you may be eligible for a discount.
- Safe driver discount: Maintaining a clean driving record, free of accidents or traffic violations, can qualify you for a safe driver discount.
- Good student discount: If you or someone covered under your policy is a student with good grades, you may be eligible for a discount. This discount typically applies to young drivers who meet certain academic criteria.
- Safety feature discounts: If your Kia Sorento is equipped with safety features such as anti-lock brakes, airbags, or an anti-theft system, you may qualify for a discount.
- Low mileage discount: If you don’t drive your Kia Sorento frequently or have a low annual mileage, you may be eligible for a discount. This discount is based on the assumption that lower mileage correlates with a lower risk of accidents.
- Affinity group discount: Some insurance companies offer discounts for being a member of certain organizations, professional associations, or alumni groups.
What should I do if I’m still struggling to find affordable insurance for my 2014 Kia Sorento?
If you’re having difficulty finding affordable insurance for your 2014 Kia Sorento, consider the following options:
- Consult an insurance broker: Insurance brokers work with multiple insurance companies and can help you find suitable coverage at competitive rates. They can provide personalized recommendations based on your needs and preferences.
- Reevaluate your coverage needs: Assess your coverage requirements and consider adjusting them if necessary. For example, if your vehicle’s value has significantly decreased, you might want to consider reducing comprehensive or collision coverage.
- Improve your driving record: Focus on maintaining a clean driving record going forward. Over time, your insurance rates may decrease as you demonstrate responsible driving behavior.
- Seek assistance from your insurance company: Contact your current insurance company and discuss your concerns. They may be able to suggest alternative coverage options or discounts that you may have overlooked.
- Consider usage-based insurance: Some insurance companies offer usage-based insurance programs that utilize telematics devices or smartphone apps to track your driving habits. If you’re a safe driver, this option can potentially result in lower premiums.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Toyota Highlander Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Toyota Sienna Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Dodge Grand Caravan Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area