Cheapest 2014 Toyota Yaris Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Jun 5, 2023
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
No one in their right mind looks forward to paying for car insurance, in particular when their premiums are through the roof.
Having so many companies to choose from, it’s nearly impossible to pick the best insurer.
The best way we recommend to get rate comparisons is to know car insurance companies have advanced systems to provide you with free rate quotes. To start a quote, the only thing you need to do is give them rating details such as how much coverage you want, if it has an anti-theft system, an estimate of your credit level, and if you have a valid license. That rating data is submitted instantly to multiple different insurance companies and they respond with quotes quickly.
To check rates on car insurance for your 2014 Toyota Yaris, click here and enter the information requested.
Don’t Pay Full Price with These Six Discounts
Auto insurance companies don’t necessarily list every discount very well, so the following is a list of both the well known and also the lesser-known savings tricks you should be using.
- Accident Waiver – Some insurance companies permit an accident before hitting you with a surcharge so long as you haven’t had any claims for a set time period.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – If you pay your bill all at once instead of making monthly payments you could save 5% or more.
- Discounts for Safe Drivers – Insureds without accidents can pay as much as 50% less for Yaris coverage than their less cautious counterparts.
- Homeowners Pay Less – Owning a house may trigger a car insurance policy discount because owning a home is proof that your finances are in order.
- Student in College – Children who are attending college and don’t have a car may be able to be covered for less.
- Drive Less and Save – Fewer annual miles on your Toyota could be rewarded with a substantially lower rate.
It’s important to understand that most discounts do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Some only apply to individual premiums such as comprehensive or collision. So when the math indicates you can get free auto insurance, it doesn’t quite work that way.
Car insurance companies that possibly offer these benefits include:
- Farmers Insurance
- State Farm
It’s a good idea to ask all companies you are considering what discounts are available to you. Savings may not be available everywhere.
Your Personal Situation Dictates Your Coverage
When it comes to buying proper insurance coverage, there really is no perfect coverage plan. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s and your policy should reflect that. For instance, these questions may help highlight if your insurance needs would benefit from professional advice.
- How high should deductibles be on a 2014 Toyota Yaris?
- Does my car insurance cover rental cars?
- Does liability extend to a camper or trailer?
- When should I not file a claim?
- What can I do if my company denied a claim?
- Do I get a pro-rated refund if I cancel my policy early?
- Where can I get insurance after a DUI in my state?
- Why am I required to buy liability insurance?
- Am I covered by my employer’s commercial auto policy when driving my personal car for business?
- What are the financial responsibility laws in my state?
When comparing quotes on car insurance for a Toyota Yaris, or another other vehicle, you should always ask about the coverage details. Knowing what’s covered is an important part of being a smart car owner.
Specific Coverage Details
Understanding the coverages of a car insurance policy can help you determine the right coverages at the best deductibles and correct limits. The terms used in a policy can be difficult to understand and reading a policy is terribly boring. Shown next are the normal coverages found on the average car insurance policy.
This provides protection from damage that occurs to other’s property or people. Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. As an example, you may have liability limits of 100/300/100 that translate to a limit of $100,000 per injured person, a limit of $300,000 in injury protection per accident, and a total limit of $100,000 for damage to vehicles and property.
Liability can pay for things like repair bills for other people’s vehicles, medical expenses and pain and suffering. How much liability should you purchase? That is a personal decision, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as large an amount as possible.
Comprehensive (Other than Collision)
This coverage pays for damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. A deductible will apply and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for claims such as rock chips in glass, vandalism and damage from flooding. The highest amount your car insurance company will pay is the actual cash value, so if the vehicle is not worth much consider dropping full coverage.
Protection from uninsured/underinsured drivers
This protects you and your vehicle from other drivers when they are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. This coverage pays for injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants and damage to your Toyota Yaris.
Due to the fact that many drivers have only the minimum liability required by law, it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is important protection for you and your family.
Medical expense insurance
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance reimburse you for bills such as rehabilitation expenses, dental work and chiropractic care. They are often utilized in addition to your health insurance program or if there is no health insurance coverage. It covers not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants and also covers any family member struck as a pedestrian. Personal injury protection coverage is only offered in select states and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Collision insurance will pay to fix damage to your Yaris from colliding with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. A deductible applies then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision coverage protects against claims like crashing into a ditch, damaging your car on a curb and hitting a parking meter. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so consider removing coverage from lower value vehicles. Drivers also have the option to increase the deductible to save money on collision insurance.
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I find the cheapest insurance for my 2014 Toyota Yaris?
To find the cheapest insurance for your 2014 Toyota Yaris, consider the following steps:
- Shop around: Obtain quotes from multiple insurance providers to compare rates and coverage options. Different insurers may offer different prices based on various factors.
- Maintain a clean driving record: Having a good driving record with no accidents or traffic violations can help you secure lower insurance premiums.
- Increase your deductibles: Opting for a higher deductible means you’ll pay more out of pocket in the event of a claim, but it can also lead to lower insurance premiums.
- Explore available discounts: Inquire about discounts such as multi-policy discounts (bundling your auto insurance with other policies), safe driver discounts, low-mileage discounts, or discounts for safety features in your Toyota Yaris.
- Consider usage-based insurance: Some insurance companies offer usage-based insurance programs that monitor your driving habits and provide discounts based on your safe driving behaviors.
- Evaluate your coverage needs: Assess your insurance coverage requirements carefully. If your vehicle’s value has depreciated significantly, you might consider dropping comprehensive or collision coverage, but be sure to understand the potential risks and consequences.
Which factors can affect the insurance rates for a 2014 Toyota Yaris?
Several factors can influence the insurance rates for a 2014 Toyota Yaris, including:
- Age and driving experience: Young or inexperienced drivers often face higher insurance premiums due to a higher perceived risk.
- Location: Insurance rates can vary based on where you live. Areas with higher crime rates or higher incidences of accidents may have higher premiums.
- Vehicle usage: The purpose for which you use your Toyota Yaris, such as commuting or personal use, can impact insurance rates.
- Insurance history: Your past insurance claims history and any prior incidents can affect your rates.
- Credit score: In some jurisdictions, insurance companies consider credit scores when determining premiums.
- Safety features: The presence of safety features like anti-lock brakes, airbags, and anti-theft devices in your 2014 Toyota Yaris may result in lower insurance premiums.
Are there any specific insurance companies known for providing affordable coverage for a 2014 Toyota Yaris?
Insurance rates can vary significantly between insurance companies. It’s recommended to obtain quotes from multiple insurers to find the best rates for your specific situation. Some well-known insurance companies that often provide competitive rates include GEICO, Progressive, State Farm, Allstate, and Nationwide. However, it’s important to compare quotes and evaluate the coverage options offered by different insurers to make an informed decision.
Can I get discounts on my insurance for having a 2014 Toyota Yaris?
Yes, you may be eligible for various discounts on your insurance for owning a 2014 Toyota Yaris. Some common discounts you can inquire about include:
- Multi-policy discount: Bundling your auto insurance with other policies, such as homeowners or renters insurance, can often result in discounts.
- Safe driver discount: Maintaining a clean driving record without any accidents or traffic violations can lead to lower insurance premiums.
- Low-mileage discount: If you drive your Toyota Yaris less frequently or have a low annual mileage, you may qualify for a discount.
- Safety feature discounts: Having safety features in your vehicle, such as anti-lock brakes, airbags, or an anti-theft system, can often result in discounted premiums.
- Good student discount: If you or any drivers on your policy are full-time students with good academic records, you may be eligible for this discount.
Should I consider dropping collision or comprehensive coverage to reduce insurance costs for my 2014 Toyota Yaris?
Deciding whether to drop collision or comprehensive coverage depends on various factors. Consider the following points:
- Vehicle value: If your 2014 Toyota Yaris has significantly depreciated in value, the cost of collision or comprehensive coverage might outweigh the potential benefit of making a claim. Assess the current value of your vehicle and compare it to the cost of coverage.
- Personal financial situation: Determine if you have sufficient savings or funds to cover potential repair or replacement costs without relying on insurance coverage.
- Lender requirements: If you have an auto loan or lease on your Toyota Yaris, your lender may require you to maintain collision and comprehensive coverage until the loan is paid off.
- State laws and regulations: Some states have specific requirements or minimum coverage levels for collision and comprehensive insurance. Ensure you comply with any legal obligations.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- GMC Sierra Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Dodge Grand Caravan Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Jeep Wrangler Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area