Cheapest 2014 Toyota Yaris Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Apr 18, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
No one in their right mind looks forward to paying for car insurance, in particular when their premiums are through the roof.
Having so many companies to choose from, it’s nearly impossible to pick the best insurer.
The best way we recommend to get rate comparisons is to know car insurance companies have advanced systems to provide you with free rate quotes. To start a quote, the only thing you need to do is give them rating details such as how much coverage you want, if it has an anti-theft system, an estimate of your credit level, and if you have a valid license. That rating data is submitted instantly to multiple different insurance companies and they respond with quotes quickly.
To check rates on car insurance for your 2014 Toyota Yaris, click here and enter the information requested.
Don’t Pay Full Price with These Six Discounts
Auto insurance companies don’t necessarily list every discount very well, so the following is a list of both the well known and also the lesser-known savings tricks you should be using.
- Accident Waiver – Some insurance companies permit an accident before hitting you with a surcharge so long as you haven’t had any claims for a set time period.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – If you pay your bill all at once instead of making monthly payments you could save 5% or more.
- Discounts for Safe Drivers – Insureds without accidents can pay as much as 50% less for Yaris coverage than their less cautious counterparts.
- Homeowners Pay Less – Owning a house may trigger a car insurance policy discount because owning a home is proof that your finances are in order.
- Student in College – Children who are attending college and don’t have a car may be able to be covered for less.
- Drive Less and Save – Fewer annual miles on your Toyota could be rewarded with a substantially lower rate.
It’s important to understand that most discounts do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Some only apply to individual premiums such as comprehensive or collision. So when the math indicates you can get free auto insurance, it doesn’t quite work that way.
Car insurance companies that possibly offer these benefits include:
- Farmers Insurance
- State Farm
It’s a good idea to ask all companies you are considering what discounts are available to you. Savings may not be available everywhere.
Your Personal Situation Dictates Your Coverage
When it comes to buying proper insurance coverage, there really is no perfect coverage plan. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s and your policy should reflect that. For instance, these questions may help highlight if your insurance needs would benefit from professional advice.
- How high should deductibles be on a 2014 Toyota Yaris?
- Does my car insurance cover rental cars?
- Does liability extend to a camper or trailer?
- When should I not file a claim?
- What can I do if my company denied a claim?
- Do I get a pro-rated refund if I cancel my policy early?
- Where can I get insurance after a DUI in my state?
- Why am I required to buy liability insurance?
- Am I covered by my employer’s commercial auto policy when driving my personal car for business?
- What are the financial responsibility laws in my state?
When comparing quotes on car insurance for a Toyota Yaris, or another other vehicle, you should always ask about the coverage details. Knowing what’s covered is an important part of being a smart car owner.
Specific Coverage Details
Understanding the coverages of a car insurance policy can help you determine the right coverages at the best deductibles and correct limits. The terms used in a policy can be difficult to understand and reading a policy is terribly boring. Shown next are the normal coverages found on the average car insurance policy.
This provides protection from damage that occurs to other’s property or people. Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. As an example, you may have liability limits of 100/300/100 that translate to a limit of $100,000 per injured person, a limit of $300,000 in injury protection per accident, and a total limit of $100,000 for damage to vehicles and property.
Liability can pay for things like repair bills for other people’s vehicles, medical expenses and pain and suffering. How much liability should you purchase? That is a personal decision, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as large an amount as possible.
Comprehensive (Other than Collision)
This coverage pays for damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. A deductible will apply and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for claims such as rock chips in glass, vandalism and damage from flooding. The highest amount your car insurance company will pay is the actual cash value, so if the vehicle is not worth much consider dropping full coverage.
Protection from uninsured/underinsured drivers
This protects you and your vehicle from other drivers when they are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. This coverage pays for injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants and damage to your Toyota Yaris.
Due to the fact that many drivers have only the minimum liability required by law, it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is important protection for you and your family.
Medical expense insurance
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance reimburse you for bills such as rehabilitation expenses, dental work and chiropractic care. They are often utilized in addition to your health insurance program or if there is no health insurance coverage. It covers not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants and also covers any family member struck as a pedestrian. Personal injury protection coverage is only offered in select states and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Collision insurance will pay to fix damage to your Yaris from colliding with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. A deductible applies then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision coverage protects against claims like crashing into a ditch, damaging your car on a curb and hitting a parking meter. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so consider removing coverage from lower value vehicles. Drivers also have the option to increase the deductible to save money on collision insurance.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Kia Optima Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Ford Focus Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Toyota Prius Insurance
- Chevrolet Malibu Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area