Cheapest 2016 Audi A5 Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Jun 6, 2023
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
If shopping for insurance quotes online is new to you, you can be confused due to the large number of online auto insurance companies and websites who claim to have the best auto insurance rates.
It’s smart to price shop coverage once or twice a year due to the fact that insurance rates change quite often. Despite the fact that you may have had the lowest rate for A5 coverage two years ago there may be better deals available now. There is a lot of wrong information about auto insurance on the internet, but we’re going to give you some guaranteed methods to find cheap auto insurance.
If you are paying for car insurance now, you will most likely be able to cut costs considerably using this information. Shopping for the best insurance coverage is simple if you know the tricks. Nevertheless, car owners do need to understand how the larger insurance companies price online insurance and use this information to your advantage.
How to compare free car insurance quotes
Effectively comparing car insurance prices can be a lot of work if you don’t know the most efficient way to do it. You could waste a few hours driving to insurance agencies in your area, or you could save time and use online quoting to get pricing more quickly.
Most of the larger companies belong to a marketplace that allows shoppers to submit one quote, and each participating company can give them a price for coverage. This eliminates the need for quote requests for every car insurance company.
To find out how much you can save on car insurance click to open in new window.
The one disadvantage to getting quotes like this is you can’t choose the companies you want to price. So if you prefer to choose specific insurance companies for rate comparison, we have a page of the cheapest car insurance companies in your area. Click here to view list.
Whichever method you choose, do your best to enter the exact same information with each company. If the quotes have different deductibles it will be impossible to make a fair rate comparison. Just slight variations in insurance coverages or limits can make a big difference in price. And when price shopping your coverage, comparing a wide range of rates helps improve the odds of finding the best rates. Some smaller insurers to not give online quotes, so it’s important to compare quotes from those companies as well.
Five factors that impact insurance prices
When buying insurance coverage it’s important to understand the different types of things that are used to determine your policy premiums. If you know what impacts premium levels, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that could result in cheaper rates. Lots of factors are taken into consideration when pricing auto insurance. Some are obvious such as your driving history, but others are not as apparent such as your marital status or how financially stable you are.
The following are some of the most rate-impacting factors used by your company to calculate rates.
- Premiums are affected by your credit score – Credit score is a big factor in your rate calculation. Drivers who have excellent credit tend to be more responsible and file fewer claims than those with lower credit ratings. So if your credit is lower than you’d like, you could save money insuring your 2016 Audi A5 by improving your credit score.
- Safety first – Vehicles with good safety scores tend to have better insurance rates. Vehicles engineered for safety protect occupants better and reduced instances of injuries means lower claim amounts and cheaper rates on your policy.
- What are good liability limits? – Your insurance coverage policy’s liability coverage will provide protection if ever you are found liable for physical damage or personal injury to other. This coverage provides you with a defense in court up to the limits shown on your policy. This coverage is very inexpensive when compared with rates for comp and collision, so buy as much as you can afford.
- Eliminate unneeded incidental coverages – There are many additional extra coverages that you can get tricked into buying on your insurance coverage policy. Coverages for replacement cost coverage, better glass coverage, and term life insurance may be costing you every month. These coverages may sound good at first, but if you have no use for them get rid of them and save.
- Where you live plays a part – Choosing to live in less populated areas has it’s advantages if you are looking for the lowest rates. Fewer people translates into fewer accident claims and lower theft and vandalism rates. Drivers who live in large cities have to deal with traffic congestion and a longer drive to work. Spending more time driving can result in more accidents.
More discounts mean cheap premiums
Some insurance providers do not list every policy discount in an easy-to-find place, so the list below details some of the more common as well as the least known discounts that may be available. If you are not receiving all the discounts you qualify for, you are not getting the best rate possible.
- Anti-theft System – Cars and trucks optioned with advanced anti-theft systems are less likely to be stolen and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Savings for New Vehicles – Buying insurance coverage on a new vehicle may earn a small discount because newer vehicles are generally safer.
- Good Drivers – Safe drivers can save up to 40% or more on their insurance quote for A5 coverage compared to accident prone drivers.
- Homeowners Pay Less – Simply owning a home can help you save on insurance because maintaining a house is proof that your finances are in order.
- Accident Waiver – but certain companies will forgive one accident before they charge you more for coverage as long as you don’t have any claims for a set time period.
- Clubs and Organizations – Participating in certain professional organizations can get you a small discount on your next insurance statement.
- Smart Student Discounts – A discount for being a good student can earn a discount of 20% or more. This discount can apply until age 25.
- Early Switch Discount – Select companies give a discount for buying a policy prior to your current policy expiring. Ten percent is about the average savings.
- Distant Student – Kids who live away from home at college and leave their car at home may be insured at a cheaper rate.
A little disclaimer on discounts, most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire policy premium. Most only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like physical damage coverage or medical payments. So even though you would think you can get free auto insurance, you aren’t that lucky.
The best insurance companies and some of their more popular discounts are shown below.
- Farmers Insurance offers discounts for good student, business and professional, early shopping, pay in full, switch companies, and teen driver.
- State Farm may offer discounts for Steer Clear safe driver discount, passive restraint, good driver, accident-free, safe vehicle, and multiple policy.
- Liberty Mutual discounts include newly retired, multi-policy, safety features, exclusive group savings, teen driver discount, and newly married.
- MetLife may have discounts that include multi-policy, accident-free, defensive driver, claim-free, good driver, and good student.
- Progressive policyholders can earn discounts including continuous coverage, good student, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, online signing, and online quote discount.
If you are trying to find cheaper insurance quotes, ask all companies you are considering to apply every possible discount. Some discounts might not be offered in your area.
It’s not one size fits all
When choosing proper insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there isn’t really a single plan that fits everyone. Everyone’s needs are different.
For example, these questions can aid in determining if your situation could use an agent’s help.
- Do I need more liability coverage?
- How high should my medical payments coverage be?
- Are split liability limits better than a combined single limit?
- Do I have coverage if my license is suspended?
- Do I have coverage when using my vehicle for my home business?
- Do I need to file an SR-22 for a DUI in my state?
- Do I need replacement cost coverage?
- Should I sign the liability waiver when renting a car?
- Are all vehicle passengers covered by medical payments coverage?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions then you might want to talk to an agent. If you don’t have a local agent, simply complete this short form.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Auto insurance coverage breakdown
Learning about specific coverages of your policy can help you determine appropriate coverage at the best deductibles and correct limits. The coverage terms in a policy can be confusing and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording.
Uninsured and underinsured coverage – This provides protection when the “other guys” are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. Covered losses include injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants and also any damage incurred to your Audi A5.
Because many people have only the minimum liability required by law, their limits can quickly be used up. So UM/UIM coverage is a good idea. Usually these coverages are set the same as your liablity limits.
Comprehensive coverages – This coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You first must pay your deductible and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive can pay for claims such as hitting a bird, vandalism, theft and falling objects. The maximum payout you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the ACV or actual cash value, so if the vehicle’s value is low it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Coverage for medical payments – Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP pay for expenses for funeral costs, surgery, EMT expenses, pain medications and chiropractic care. They are often utilized in addition to your health insurance policy or if you lack health insurance entirely. They cover all vehicle occupants as well as getting struck while a pedestrian. PIP coverage is not an option in every state but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Collision coverages – This coverage will pay to fix damage to your A5 caused by collision with a stationary object or other vehicle. A deductible applies and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision coverage pays for things like damaging your car on a curb, driving through your garage door, hitting a mailbox and sustaining damage from a pot hole. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so consider dropping it from vehicles that are 8 years or older. It’s also possible to raise the deductible in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Liability car insurance – This coverage will cover damage or injury you incur to other people or property in an accident. This insurance protects YOU from legal claims by others, and does not provide coverage for your own vehicle damage or injuries.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. You might see liability limits of 25/50/25 which stand for a $25,000 limit per person for injuries, a total of $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and a limit of $25,000 paid for damaged property. Another option is one number which is a combined single limit which combines the three limits into one amount with no separate limits for injury or property damage.
Liability can pay for claims like bail bonds, legal defense fees, court costs, repair costs for stationary objects and medical expenses. How much coverage you buy is your choice, but buy higher limits if possible.
More choices the merrier
In this article, we presented a lot of techniques to save on 2016 Audi A5 insurance. The key concept to understand is the more you quote insurance, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Consumers could even find that the lowest prices are with a small mutual company.
Cheap 2016 Audi A5 insurance can be found both online in addition to local insurance agencies, and you should compare rates from both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some insurance providers do not provide the ability to get a quote online and these smaller companies prefer to sell through independent agents.
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, do not buy less coverage just to save a little money. There are too many instances where drivers have reduced collision coverage and found out when filing a claim that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. The proper strategy is to buy a smart amount of coverage at the best cost, but do not skimp to save money.
More detailed car insurance information is available in these articles:
- What Determines the Price of My Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Airbag FAQ (iihs.org)
- Collision Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Young Drivers: The High Risk Years Video (iihs.org)
- Speed and Speed Limit FAQ (iihs.org)
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the purpose of this website?
This website is a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Its goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related.
Can this website provide me with car insurance quotes?
Yes, this website allows you to compare quotes from many different companies by entering your ZIP code. The more quotes you compare, the more chances you have to save on your auto insurance.
Are the quotes provided by this website guaranteed?
No, this website is not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider. However, it strives to help you make confident car insurance decisions by providing a platform for comparison shopping.
How often should I shop for car insurance?
It is recommended to price shop for car insurance once or twice a year since insurance rates change quite often. Even if you had the lowest rate for coverage two years ago, there may be better deals available now.
How can I compare car insurance quotes effectively?
The most efficient way to compare car insurance prices is by using online quoting tools. You can save time by submitting one quote through a marketplace that allows multiple insurance companies to provide you with their prices for coverage.
Can I choose specific insurance companies for rate comparison?
If you prefer to choose specific insurance companies for rate comparison, this website also provides a list of the cheapest car insurance companies in your area. However, using the marketplace option may provide you with a wider range of quotes.
What factors impact insurance prices?
Several factors are taken into consideration when pricing auto insurance. Some of the most rate-impacting factors include your driving history, marital status, financial stability, and the type of car you own.
Are there discounts available to reduce premiums?
Yes, insurance providers offer various discounts that can help lower your premiums. Common discounts include safe driver discounts, multi-policy discounts, and good student discounts. It is recommended to ask all companies you are considering about every possible discount you may qualify for.
How do I determine the right insurance coverage for my vehicle?
Choosing the proper insurance coverage depends on your individual needs. It is essential to consider factors such as your vehicle’s value, your financial situation, and your comfort level with deductibles and coverage limits. Consulting with an agent can also help you determine the appropriate coverage for your situation.
What are the different types of coverage in an auto insurance policy?
Auto insurance policies typically include several types of coverage, such as liability coverage, uninsured and underinsured coverage, comprehensive coverage, collision coverage, and coverage for medical payments. Each coverage type serves a specific purpose in protecting you and your vehicle.
How can I find the best insurance rates for a 2016 Audi A5?
To find the best insurance rates for a 2016 Audi A5, it is recommended to compare quotes from both online sources and local insurance agencies. By obtaining quotes from multiple providers, you increase your chances of finding the most affordable rates.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Jeep Grand Cherokee Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Toyota Highlander Insurance
- Nissan Altima Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area