2016 Audi S6 Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Nov 23, 2017
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Average insurance rates for an 2016 Audi S6 are $1,798 a year with full coverage. Comprehensive costs on average $392, collision insurance costs $806, and liability coverage costs $442. Buying a liability-only policy costs as little as $496 a year, and high-risk insurance costs around $3,928. Teenage drivers receive the highest rates at up to $6,582 a year.
Annual premium for full coverage: $1,798
Rate estimates for 2016 Audi S6 Insurance
Rate data is compiled from all 50 U.S. states and averaged for all 2016 Audi S6 models. Rates are based on a 40-year-old male driver, $500 comprehensive and collision deductibles, and a clean driving record. Remaining premium consists of UM/UIM coverage, Medical/PIP, and policy fees.
Price Range by Coverage and Risk
For the average driver, prices range range from as low as $496 for just liability insurance to the much higher price of $3,928 for a driver that may need high-risk insurance.
These differences demonstrate why everyone should compare rates based on a specific location and risk profile, rather than using average rates.
Use the form below to get rates for your location.
Enter your zip code below to view companies based on your location that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Recommended Companies for Cheap 2016 Audi S6 Insurance
Consumers have options when looking for low-cost Audi S6 insurance. You can either waste hours contacting agents to compare prices or leverage the internet to make rate comparisons. There is a right way and a wrong way to buy insurance coverage so you’re going to learn the quickest way to get price quotes for a new or used Audi and get the cheapest rates.
It’s a great practice to compare prices quite often because rates tend to go up over time. Even if you got the best rates on S6 coverage on your last policy you can probably find a lower rate today. You can find a lot of wrong information about insurance coverage on the internet, so with this article, you’re going to get some solid techniques on how to quit paying high insurance coverage rates.
Lower rates by qualifying for discounts
Companies that sell car insurance don’t always advertise all available discounts very well, so we researched some of the best known as well as the least known savings tricks you should be using. If you don’t get every credit you deserve, you’re just leaving money on the table.
- Homeowners Discount – Being a homeowner can help you save on auto insurance because maintaining a house shows financial diligence.
- Anti-theft System – Vehicles with anti-theft systems prevent vehicle theft and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Seat Belt Usage – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to wear their seat belts can save 10% or more off the personal injury premium cost.
- Federal Government Employee – Active or retired federal employment may qualify you for a discount on S6 coverage depending on your company.
- No Claims – Drivers with accident-free driving histories pay much less compared to accident-prone drivers.
- Drive Less and Save – Fewer annual miles on your Audi can earn lower rates on the low mileage vehicles.
It’s important to note that most discount credits are not given to all coverage premiums. A few only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as medical payments or collision. So even though it sounds like you can get free auto insurance, you’re out of luck.
To see a list of companies with discount auto insurance rates, click this link.
The best way we recommend to get rate comparisons is to take advantage of the fact most of the bigger providers allow for online access to give rate comparisons. The only thing you need to do is provide a little information like if it has an alarm system, if the vehicle is leased, what your job is, and your general credit rating. Your information is instantly provided to many highly-rated insurers and they provide comparison quotes very quickly.
Factors influencing Audi S6 insurance rates
An important part of buying insurance is that you know some of the elements that come into play when calculating the rates you pay for car insurance. Understanding what influences your rates allows you to make educated decisions that may reward you with much lower annual insurance costs.
The list below includes a partial list of the pieces companies use to determine rates.
- Frequent car insurance claims increase rates – If you tend to file frequent claims, you can pretty much guarantee either a policy non-renewal or much higher rates. Auto insurance companies give lower rates to insureds who do not file claims often. Auto insurance is intended for the large, substantial claims.
- Your occupation can affect rates – Jobs such as judges, social workers and stock brokers tend to have the highest rates due to high stress and long work hours. On the other hand, professions such as farmers, students and retirees receive lower rates on S6 coverage.
- Where you live – Residing in a rural area can be a good thing when it comes to car insurance. Drivers who live in large cities regularly have much more traffic and longer commute times. Lower population means fewer accidents.
- Women pay lower rates – The statistics show women are more cautious behind the wheel. That doesn’t necessarily mean that women are BETTER drivers than men. Both sexes have accidents in similar percentages, but men cause more damage. Men also have more aggressive citations such as reckless driving. Male drivers age 16 to 19 are the most expensive to insure and therefore are the most expensive to insure.
- Lower miles equals lower premium – The more you drive each year the more you will pay for car insurance. Almost all companies price each vehicle’s coverage based upon how you use the vehicle. Cars and trucks that are left in the garage get more affordable rates compared to those used for work or business. An improperly rated S6 may be wasting your money. Verify your car insurance policy is showing the correct driver usage.
- Mature drivers pay less – More mature drivers are viewed as being more responsible, tend to file fewer claims and get fewer tickets. Young drivers tend to get distracted easily when driving and because of this, their car insurance rates are much higher.
Car insurance is unique, just like you
When it comes to choosing adequate coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is not a perfect coverage plan. Everyone’s situation is a little different.
For example, these questions might help in determining whether or not you would benefit from professional advice.
- Is my ex-spouse still covered by my policy?
- Is my trailer covered?
- What is roadside assistance coverage?
- Are my tools covered if they get stolen from my vehicle?
- Should I bundle my homeowners policy with my auto?
- What are the best liability limits?
- Do I need special endorsements for business use of my vehicle?
If you can’t answer these questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you may need to chat with an agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, simply complete this short form. It is quick, free and you can get the answers you need.
Car insurance coverage specifics
Having a good grasp of a car insurance policy can be of help when determining the best coverages at the best deductibles and correct limits. Car insurance terms can be impossible to understand and reading a policy is terribly boring.
This protects you from damages or injuries you inflict on people or other property that is your fault. It protects YOU from legal claims by others. Liability doesn’t cover damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
Coverage consists of three different limits, per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. Your policy might show liability limits of 50/100/50 which means a limit of $50,000 per injured person, $100,000 for the entire accident, and a total limit of $50,000 for damage to vehicles and property.
Liability coverage protects against things such as loss of income, attorney fees, repair costs for stationary objects, funeral expenses and pain and suffering. How much liability coverage do you need? That is up to you, but you should buy as large an amount as possible.
Your UM/UIM coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants from other drivers when they are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. Covered claims include medical payments for you and your occupants and damage to your Audi S6.
Due to the fact that many drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits, their limits can quickly be used up. So UM/UIM coverage is very important.
Comprehensive or Other Than Collision
This coverage pays for damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You first must pay your deductible and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for claims like hail damage, fire damage, rock chips in glass, vandalism and theft. The highest amount you’ll receive from a claim is the market value of your vehicle, so if the vehicle’s value is low it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Medical costs insurance
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP provide coverage for short-term medical expenses for things like pain medications, ambulance fees, X-ray expenses, rehabilitation expenses and hospital visits. They can be used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance policy or if there is no health insurance coverage. Medical payments and PIP cover you and your occupants in addition to getting struck while a pedestrian. PIP is not available in all states and may carry a deductible
This coverage pays for damage to your S6 from colliding with another car or object. A deductible applies then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision can pay for things like sideswiping another vehicle, rolling your car and sustaining damage from a pot hole. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so you might think about dropping it from lower value vehicles. It’s also possible to increase the deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
Best coverage at the best price
Throughout this article, we presented a lot of tips how to shop for 2016 Audi S6 insurance online. The key thing to remember is the more providers you compare, the better likelihood of reducing your rate. Consumers may even find the lowest priced auto insurance comes from a lesser-known regional company.
Consumers switch companies for any number of reasons including delays in responding to claim requests, being labeled a high risk driver, extreme rates for teen drivers and policy cancellation. Whatever your reason, choosing a new insurance company is not as difficult as it may seem.
The cheapest insurance can be found from both online companies and with local insurance agents, and you need to price shop both in order to have the best chance of saving money. A few companies do not offer you the ability to get quotes online and most of the time these smaller companies sell through independent agents.
Additional auto insurance information is available on the following sites:
Rates by U.S. City
|New York City, NY||$2,841|
|Los Angeles, CA||$3,072|
Rates by Driver Age
Full coverage, $500 deductibles
Rates by Deductible
Full coverage, driver age 40
Rates by Liability Limit
Full coverage, driver age 40
Rates for High Risk Drivers
Full coverage, $500 deductibles, two speeding tickets, and one at-fault accident
If a financial responsibility filing is required, the additional charge below may also apply.
Potential Rate Discounts
If you qualify for discounts, you may save the amounts shown below.
|5-yr Accident Free||$143|
|5-yr Claim Free||$119|
|Paid in Full/EFT||$90|
Discounts are estimated and may not be available from every company or in every state.