Cheapest 2017 Chevrolet Corvette Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Jun 6, 2023
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Feel like you’re a prisoner to an overpriced insurance coverage policy? Believe me when I say there are many people just like you. There are many car insurance companies to buy insurance from, and even though it’s nice to have a choice, it makes it harder to compare rates and cut insurance costs.
Double check you’re getting with these discounts
Companies that sell car insurance do not list every possible discount in a way that’s easy to find, so the list below gives a summary of both the well known and also the more inconspicuous discounts you could be receiving when you buy insurance online.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Cars with anti-lock braking systems can stop better under adverse conditions so you can save 10 percent or more.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Buying coverage for several vehicles with the same insurance coverage company can reduce the rates for all insured vehicles.
- Federal Government Employee – Federal government employees may reduce rates when you quote insurance for Corvette coverage depending on your company.
- Bundled Policy Discount – If you insure your home and vehicles with the same company you may save at least 10% off all policies.
- Home Ownership Discount – Owning a house can help you save on insurance coverage because owning a home means you have a higher level of financial diligence.
Discounts reduce rates, but you should keep in mind that most discounts do not apply to the entire policy premium. Most only reduce individual premiums such as comp or med pay. So when it seems like it’s possible to get free car insurance, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy.
A list of insurance coverage companies and their possible discounts can be found below.
- Progressive has savings for continuous coverage, online quote discount, online signing, homeowner, good student, and multi-policy.
- GEICO policyholders can earn discounts including military active duty, multi-vehicle, seat belt use, air bags, and defensive driver.
- State Farm offers discounts including multiple policy, Drive Safe & Save, good driver, driver’s education, anti-theft, and accident-free.
- Esurance offers premium reductions for DriveSense, online shopper, multi-car, homeowner, defensive driver, and good driver.
- The Hartford may include discounts for vehicle fuel type, anti-theft, driver training, bundle, and defensive driver.
If you are trying to find low cost insurance quotes, ask all the companies how many discounts you can get. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts may not apply in your area.
Ways to get auto insurance rate quotes
The majority of larger companies like Allstate and Progressive allow you to get prices for coverage on the web. Getting quotes is pretty easy as you just type in the coverage amounts you desire into a form. Once you submit the form, their system requests reports for credit and driving violations and generates a price based on these and other factors. Online quotes simplifies rate comparisons, but the work required to visit each company’s website and repetitively complete many quote forms is repetitive and time-consuming. But it is imperative to compare as many rates as possible in order to find lower prices.
The smarter way to compare rates uses one simple form that gets price quotes from more than one company. The form is fast, requires less work, and makes quoting online a little more enjoyable. After sending the form, your coverage is rated with multiple companies and you can pick any one of the quote results.
If you find a better price you simply finish the application and buy the new coverage. The entire process takes just a few minutes to complete and could lower your rates considerably.
To save time and compare rates now, click here and input your coverage information. If you have your current policy handy, we recommend you duplicate as shown on your current policy. Doing this assures you’re receiving a rate comparison based on identical coverages.
Components of your Chevy Corvette insurance prices
Lots of factors are part of the equation when quoting car insurance. A few of the factors are predictable such as your driving record, but other criteria are not as apparent such as your marital status or your vehicle rating.When buying auto insurance it’s important to understand some of the things that play a part in calculating the price you pay for auto insurance. If you know what influences your rates, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that may reward you with better auto insurance rates.
- Tickets and citations cost more than a fine – How you drive has a huge affect on how much you pay. Just one citation could increase your next policy renewal substantially. Drivers with clean records tend to pay less for car insurance compared to bad drivers. Drivers who have received serious violations like DWI, reckless driving or hit and run convictions might be required by their state to prove financial responsibility with their state motor vehicle department in order to prevent a license revocation.
- Always have auto insurance – Driving your car without having proper coverage is against the law and your next policy will cost more because you let your insurance lapse for non-payment. And not only will insurance be more expensive, being ticketed for driving with no insurance could result in fines or a revoked license.
- Proper usage rating affects rates – The more you drive annually the higher the price you pay to insure it. Most insurance companies calculate prices based upon how you use the vehicle. Vehicles used primarily for pleasure use qualify for better rates than vehicles that are driven to work every day. It’s a smart idea to ensure your declarations sheet is showing the right rating data, because improper ratings can cost you money. A policy that improperly rates your Corvette can cost quite a bit.
- You might want pay the small auto insurance claims yourself – If you are the type of insured that files lots of claims you can definitely plan on either policy cancellation or increased premiums. Insurance companies give the best rates to policyholders who do not file claims often. Insurance coverage is designed for the bigger claims that can’t be paid out-of-pocket.
- Rental and towing coverage may not be needed – Insurance companies have many extra bells and whistles that you can get tricked into buying if you don’t pay attention. Coverages for personal injury protection, high-cost glass coverage, and extra equipment coverage are examples of these. These may sound like a good investment when you first buy your policy, but your needs may have changed so consider taking them off your policy.
- What are good liability coverage limits? – The liability coverage on your policy will protect you if ever you are found to be at fault for physical damage or personal injury to other. Your policy’s liability insurance provides legal defense to attempt to prove you were not liable. This coverage is relatively inexpensive as compared to coverage for physical damage, so drivers should make sure they buy enough to cover all assets.
- Gender impacts premiums – Over time, data shows women are more cautious behind the wheel. That doesn’t necessarily mean that men are worse drivers. Both genders cause fender benders in similar percentages, but the male of the species tend to have higher claims. Men also tend to receive more major tickets like driving under the influence (DUI).
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Your situation helps dictate your coverage
When buying proper insurance coverage, there really is no “perfect” insurance plan. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s so your insurance needs to address that. For instance, these questions might help in determining if you would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- I have good health insurance, so how much medical payments coverage do I need?
- Should I buy additional glass protection?
- Is a blown tire covered by insurance?
- Does my 2017 Chevy Corvette qualify for pleasure use?
- What is UM/UIM insurance?
- Do I really need UM/UIM coverage?
- Does my insurance cover a custom paint job?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but one or more may apply to you, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, complete this form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area. It’s fast, free and you can get the answers you need.
Beware of misleading car insurance ads
Drivers can’t escape the ads that promise big savings by Allstate and Progressive. They all say the same thing that people will save if you change your car insurance policy to them.
But how can every company offer you a better deal? It’s all in how they say it.
All the different companies have underwriting criteria for the type of customer that will not have excessive claims. An example of a profitable risk profile might have to be between 25 and 40, has other policies, and drives less than 5,000 miles a year. Any driver who matches those parameters will most likely get cheap prices and will save when they switch companies.
Insureds who are not a match for the requirements will see higher premiums and this results in business not being written. The trick is to say “people that switch” not “all people who quote” can save as much as they claim. This is how insurance companies can advertise the way they do.
This really drives home the point why drivers should do a quote comparison often. It’s impossible to know which company will give you the biggest savings.
Insurance coverage options for a 2017 Chevy Corvette
Learning about specific coverages of a insurance policy aids in choosing appropriate coverage and the correct deductibles and limits. The coverage terms in a policy can be confusing and coverage can change by endorsement. Below you’ll find the normal coverages found on most insurance policies.
This can cover damages or injuries you inflict on people or other property that is your fault. This coverage protects you against claims from other people, and doesn’t cover damage to your own property or vehicle.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. You commonly see values of 100/300/100 that translate to a limit of $100,000 per injured person, a limit of $300,000 in injury protection per accident, and $100,000 of coverage for damaged property. Alternatively, you may have a combined limit that pays claims from the same limit and claims can be made without the split limit restrictions.
Liability coverage protects against things such as medical expenses, loss of income and emergency aid. How much coverage you buy is a personal decision, but consider buying as high a limit as you can afford.
Comprehensive insurance covers damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You need to pay your deductible first then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive coverage pays for things like hitting a deer, falling objects and damage from flooding. The most your insurance company will pay is the actual cash value, so if the vehicle is not worth much consider dropping full coverage.
Auto collision coverage
Collision coverage pays for damage to your Corvette resulting from a collision with another car or object. A deductible applies and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision can pay for claims such as colliding with another moving vehicle, scraping a guard rail, colliding with a tree, hitting a parking meter and backing into a parked car. This coverage can be expensive, so consider removing coverage from vehicles that are older. You can also increase the deductible to bring the cost down.
Uninsured and underinsured coverage
Your UM/UIM coverage provides protection from other drivers when they either have no liability insurance or not enough. Covered claims include medical payments for you and your occupants as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Since many drivers have only the minimum liability required by law, it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage should not be overlooked. Most of the time your uninsured/underinsured motorist coverages are identical to your policy’s liability coverage.
Coverage for medical payments
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage provide coverage for bills such as hospital visits, pain medications, doctor visits and EMT expenses. They can be used in conjunction with a health insurance plan or if you lack health insurance entirely. They cover both the driver and occupants in addition to getting struck while a pedestrian. PIP coverage is not an option in every state and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Quote more. Save more.
As you shop your coverage around, don’t be tempted to buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There have been many cases where an accident victim reduced liability limits or collision coverage only to find out that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. The aim is to find the BEST coverage at the best cost but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
Budget-friendly auto insurance can be sourced both online and from local insurance agents, so get free insurance quotes from both of them in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some insurance companies don’t offer rate quotes online and most of the time these regional carriers provide coverage only through local independent agents.
We just covered many ways to shop for 2017 Chevy Corvette insurance online. The most important thing to understand is the more companies you get car insurance rates for, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even find the lowest rates come from a small local company. Regional companies can often provide lower car insurance rates in certain areas compared to the large companies like GEICO and State Farm.
More information is available at the links below
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- Crash Avoidance Technologies FAQ (iihs.org)
- Credit Impacts Car Insurance Rates (State Farm)
- Things to Know Before you Cancel Insurance (Allstate)
- Five Steps to Filing an Auto Insurance Claim (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Information for Teen Drivers (GEICO)
Frequently Asked Questions
What factors determine the cost of insurance for a 2017 Chevrolet Corvette?
Several factors influence the cost of insurance for a 2017 Chevrolet Corvette, including your driving record, age, location, coverage options, deductible amount, and the insurance company you choose.
Can the trim level of a 2017 Chevrolet Corvette affect insurance rates?
Yes, the trim level of a 2017 Chevrolet Corvette can impact insurance rates. Generally, higher-performance trims may come with higher insurance premiums due to the increased cost of repairs and potential risk associated with more powerful vehicles.
Are there any specific safety features that can help lower insurance costs for a 2017 Chevrolet Corvette?
Yes, certain safety features in the 2017 Chevrolet Corvette can potentially reduce insurance costs. Features such as anti-lock brakes, airbags, traction control, and a robust security system may qualify for discounts on your insurance premium.
Is it possible to find affordable insurance options for a 2017 Chevrolet Corvette?
Yes, it is possible to find affordable insurance options for a 2017 Chevrolet Corvette. By shopping around and comparing quotes from different insurance providers, you can find the best rates that suit your budget.
Can maintaining a clean driving record help reduce insurance costs for a 2017 Chevrolet Corvette?
Yes, maintaining a clean driving record can help reduce insurance costs for your 2017 Chevrolet Corvette. Insurance providers often offer lower rates to drivers with a history of safe driving, as it indicates a lower risk of accidents and claims.
Can completing a defensive driving course help lower insurance premiums for a 2017 Chevrolet Corvette?
Yes, completing a defensive driving course can potentially lead to lower insurance premiums for your 2017 Chevrolet Corvette. Some insurance companies offer discounts to drivers who have completed recognized defensive driving courses, as it demonstrates a commitment to safe driving practices.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Volkswagen Jetta Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Chevrolet Equinox Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area