Cheapest 2017 Ford Fusion Hybrid Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Jun 13, 2023
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Wish you could get a refund on overpriced car insurance? It’s a common feeling and you’re not the only one. Due to the fact that there are so many companies and agents to choose from, it is very difficult to pick the cheapest car insurance company.
Consumers should take time to take a look at other company’s rates before your policy renews since rates are constantly changing. Even if you think you had the lowest premium rates on Fusion Hybrid insurance at your last renewal the chances are good that you can find a lower price today. Forget all the misinformation about car insurance because you’re going to learn the only way to properly buy coverages and cut your premium.
Locating the cheapest coverage can be fairly easy. If you have a policy now or need a new policy, you can learn to cut your premiums while maximizing coverage. Drivers only need an understanding of how to find the lowest price online.
How to compare car insurance quotes
Most of the larger companies such as GEICO, State Farm and Progressive give insurance quotes from their websites. Comparing rates online is fairly simple as you simply type in your required coverages as detailed in the form. Once entered, their rating system automatically orders reports for credit and driving violations and returns pricing information based on the data you entered. Online price estimates makes comparing rates easy, but the time required to go to many different websites and fill out multiple forms is monotonous and tiresome. But it’s necessary to do this if you want to find better prices.
Online rates the easy way
A better way to lower your rates makes use of a single form to obtain quotes from several different companies. The form is fast, eliminates repetitive work, and makes comparison shopping a lot less work. After sending your information, your coverage is rated with multiple companies and you can pick any one of the returned quotes.
If a lower price is quoted, you can simply submit the application and buy the policy. This process only takes a few minutes and could lower your rates considerably.
To save time and fill out one form to compare multiple rates now, click here to open in new window and enter your vehicle and coverage information. If you have your current policy handy, we recommend you copy the insurance coverages as close as possible to your current policy. This helps ensure you will get a rate comparison for similar insurance coverage.
Verify you’re applying every discount
Companies that sell car insurance don’t always publicize every policy discount in an easy-to-find place, so we break down some of the more common and also the lesser-known ways to save on insurance. If you’re not getting every credit you deserve, you are just wasting money.
- Driver’s Ed – It’s a good idea to have your young drivers take driver’s ed class as it will make them better drivers and lower rates.
- Club Memberships – Belonging to qualifying clubs or civic groups could qualify you for a break when getting a insurance coverage quote.
- No Charge for an Accident – This isn’t a discount exactly, but companies like Liberty Mutual, Allstate and State Farm may permit one accident before they charge you more for coverage if your claims history is clear for a particular time prior to the accident.
- 55 and Retired – Drivers over the age of 55 may be able to get reduced rates on Fusion Hybrid insurance.
- Multi-line Discount – Larger insurance companies have a discounted price on car insurance if you buy auto and life insurance together.
- Theft Deterent System – Cars equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems are less likely to be stolen and will save you 10% or more.
- Distant Student Discount – who are attending college and do not have a car may qualify for this discount.
- Data Collection Discounts – Drivers who elect to allow their company to analyze driving patterns through the use of a telematics system such as Snapshot from Progressive or Drivewise from Allstate could save a few bucks as long as they are good drivers.
Discounts save money, but please remember that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire cost. The majority will only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like liability and collision coverage. So when the math indicates all the discounts add up to a free policy, it doesn’t quite work that way.
A few popular companies and their possible discounts are detailed below.
- American Family has savings for air bags, bundled insurance, early bird, Steer into Savings, mySafetyValet, accident-free, and TimeAway discount.
- Nationwide may offer discounts for anti-theft, defensive driving, multi-policy, accident-free, business or organization, and Farm Bureau membership.
- Farmers has discounts for good student, defensive driver, accident-free, good driver, and multi-policy.
- 21st Century may have discounts that include theft prevention, driver training, student driver, early bird, and good student.
- Farmers Insurance discounts include electronic funds transfer, switch companies, early shopping, mature driver, multi-car, bundle discounts, and good student.
- Allstate may include discounts for anti-theft, 55 and retired, anti-lock brakes, FullPay discount, premier discount, and early signing.
When getting a coverage quote, ask every insurance company which discounts can lower your rates. All car insurance discounts might not be offered on policies everywhere. To choose insurers that offer the discounts shown above, follow this link.
When should I discuss my situation with an agent?
When buying coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is not a cookie cutter policy. Everyone’s situation is unique so this has to be addressed. For example, these questions might help in determining if your insurance needs would benefit from professional advice.
- Can I get a multi-policy discount for packaging my home and auto coverage?
- What is the minimum liability in my state?
- When would I need additional glass coverage?
- Do I need replacement cost coverage on my 2017 Ford Fusion Hybrid?
- Is other people’s property covered if stolen from my vehicle?
- Do I need higher collision deductibles?
- What is UM/UIM insurance?
- Does medical payments coverage apply to all occupants?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you may need to chat with an insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, simply complete this short form or go to this page to view a list of companies. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and can help protect your family.
How your Fusion Hybrid insurance prices are determined
An important part of buying insurance is that you know the factors that go into determining auto insurance rates. When you understand what determines base rates, this allows you to make educated decisions that can help you get big savings.
- Vehicle features impact premiums – Choosing a vehicle that has a built-in theft deterrent system can help lower your premiums. Theft deterrent systems like OnStar found on GM vehicles, advanced tracking like LoJack, and vehicle immobilization systems all aid in stopping car theft.
- Liability protection is important – Liability insurance kicks in if ever you are ruled to be at fault for physical damage or personal injury to other. This coverage provides you with a defense in court which can cost thousands of dollars. Liability insurance is pretty cheap when compared with rates for comp and collision, so insureds should have plenty of protection for their assets.
- Vocation and insurance rates – Occupational choices like military personnel, executives and financial analysts usually pay the highest average rates in part from job stress and incredibly demanding work hours. Conversely, careers such as farmers, athletes and performers generally pay rates lower than average on Fusion Hybrid insurance.
- Always keep your policy in force – Allowing your coverage to lapse can be a fast way to increase your renewal premiums. And not only will your rates increase, not being able to provide proof of insurance may result in a fine, jail time, or a revoked license. You may need to provide proof of insurance in the form of an SR-22 filing with your state DMV.
Insurance coverages explained
Having a good grasp of insurance can be of help when determining the best coverages and the correct deductibles and limits. The coverage terms in a policy can be confusing and reading a policy is terribly boring. Listed below are typical coverages found on most insurance policies.
Liability coverages – Liability coverage provides protection from damage or injury you incur to other’s property or people in an accident. This coverage protects you from claims by other people, and doesn’t cover your injuries or vehicle damage.
Coverage consists of three different limits, per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. As an example, you may have policy limits of 50/100/50 that translate to a $50,000 limit per person for injuries, a limit of $100,000 in injury protection per accident, and a total limit of $50,000 for damage to vehicles and property. Another option is a combined limit which provides one coverage limit and claims can be made without the split limit restrictions.
Liability insurance covers things like repair costs for stationary objects, medical expenses, medical services and pain and suffering. How much liability should you purchase? That is your choice, but you should buy higher limits if possible.
Med pay and Personal Injury Protection (PIP) – Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage kick in for short-term medical expenses like EMT expenses, prosthetic devices, ambulance fees and X-ray expenses. The coverages can be used in conjunction with a health insurance policy or if there is no health insurance coverage. Medical payments and PIP cover you and your occupants and also covers if you are hit as a while walking down the street. Personal injury protection coverage is not available in all states but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist (UM/UIM) – Your UM/UIM coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants when the “other guys” do not carry enough liability coverage. Covered losses include hospital bills for your injuries as well as damage to your 2017 Ford Fusion Hybrid.
Since a lot of drivers carry very low liability coverage limits, their limits can quickly be used up. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage should not be overlooked. Frequently these coverages are similar to your liability insurance amounts.
Comprehensive insurance – Comprehensive insurance coverage will pay to fix damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You first have to pay a deductible and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for things such as theft, a broken windshield, hail damage, a tree branch falling on your vehicle and hitting a deer. The highest amount a insurance company will pay at claim time is the actual cash value, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Collision coverage – This pays to fix your vehicle from damage resulting from colliding with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You have to pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision insurance covers things such as backing into a parked car, scraping a guard rail, crashing into a ditch, hitting a parking meter and rolling your car. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from vehicles that are older. Another option is to increase the deductible to save money on collision insurance.
Buy Smart and Save
Lower-priced insurance is available both online in addition to many insurance agents, so you need to shop insurance coverage with both to have the best selection. There are still a few companies who don’t offer rates over the internet and usually these small, regional companies prefer to sell through independent insurance agencies.
Throughout this article, we presented a lot of techniques to compare 2017 Ford Fusion Hybrid insurance rates online. The key thing to remember is the more companies you get car insurance rates for, the higher your chance of finding inexpensive insurance coverage. You may even find the lowest rates are with a lesser-known regional company. Regional companies can often provide lower car insurance rates in certain areas than the large multi-state companies such as State Farm, GEICO and Nationwide.
More information is located at the links below
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- Young Drivers: The High Risk Years Video (iihs.org)
- Should I Buy a New or Used Car? (Allstate)
- How do I File a Claim? (Insurance Information Insitute)
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I get insurance coverage for my 2017 Ford Fusion Hybrid if I have a bad driving record?
While having a bad driving record can make it more challenging to find affordable insurance coverage, there are still options available. Some insurance companies specialize in providing coverage for high-risk drivers. However, these policies often come with higher premiums. It’s advisable to shop around and compare quotes from multiple insurers to find the best rates for your specific situation.
Does the location affect my car insurance rates?
Yes, your location can impact your car insurance rates. Insurance companies consider factors such as the population density of your area, the number of accidents and thefts in your location, and the local laws and regulations. Generally, urban areas tend to have higher insurance rates due to increased traffic and a higher risk of accidents and thefts. Additionally, areas with higher instances of severe weather or natural disasters may also result in higher premiums.
How can I compare car insurance quotes?
Most larger insurance companies like GEICO, State Farm, and Progressive offer online insurance quotes on their websites. You can compare rates online by entering your required coverages in the provided form. The system will generate pricing information based on the data you entered. While online price estimates make comparing rates easy, visiting multiple websites and filling out multiple forms can be tedious. However, it is necessary to do this if you want to find better prices.
Can I get insurance coverage for my 2017 Ford Fusion Hybrid if I use it for ridesharing or delivery services?
Yes, it is possible to get insurance coverage for your 2017 Ford Fusion Hybrid if you use it for ridesharing or delivery services. However, it’s important to note that standard personal auto insurance policies typically do not provide coverage for commercial activities like ridesharing or delivery services. In these cases, you may need additional coverage to ensure you are adequately protected.
Will my insurance rates be affected by the color of my 2017 Ford Fusion Hybrid?
No, the color of your vehicle, including your 2017 Ford Fusion Hybrid, typically does not directly impact your insurance rates. Insurance companies primarily consider factors such as your driving history, the make and model of your car, your location, your age, and other relevant risk factors when determining your insurance premiums.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Hyundai Tucson Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Hyundai Santa Fe Insurance
- Dodge Grand Caravan Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area