Cheapest 2017 Toyota 4Runner Insurance Rates in 2024
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Jun 6, 2023
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
When shopping for cheaper insurance, are you intimidated by the dozens of insurance choices available to you? You’re not alone. You have such a vast assortment of choices available that it can be more work than you anticipated to find the best rates.
It’s a good idea to compare premium rates quite often because prices are rarely the same from one policy term to another. Even if you think you had the best deal on 4Runner insurance last year a different company probably has better rates today. There is a lot of wrong information about insurance online, but in a few minutes you can learn the easiest ways to put money back in your pocket.
Lower insurance rates with these tips
An important part of buying insurance is that you know the factors that aid in calculating your policy premiums. If you have some idea of what controls the rates you pay, this enables informed choices that will entitle you to lower auto insurance prices. Many things are taken into consideration when you get a price on insurance. Some of the criteria are obvious such as your driving record, but other factors are more transparent such as your credit history or how financially stable you are.
- Drive less and pay lower prices – The more miles you rack up on your Toyota each year the more you’ll pay to insure it. Most companies price each vehicle’s coverage based on their usage. Cars that are left in the garage receive lower rates than those used for commuting. Double check that your auto insurance coverage shows the right rating data, because improper ratings can cost you money. An improperly rated 4Runner is throwing money out the window.
- See if your company offers a multi-policy discount – Most insurance companies provide lower prices to policyholders that buy multiple policies in the form of a multi-policy discount. Even with this discount applied, drivers will still want to comparison shop to confirm you are receiving the best rates possible.
- Raise your deductibles for better prices – Physical damage insurance, termed comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, insures against damage to your Toyota. A few examples of covered claims are a broken side mirror, vandalism, and damage caused by flying debris. Physical damage deductibles are how much you are willing to pay if a covered claim is submitted. The higher the amount the insured is willing to pay, the less your company will charge you for insurance on 4Runner insurance.
- Credit history impacts premium rates – Having a bad credit score is a big factor in determining your rates. Drivers who have excellent credit tend to file fewer claims and have better driving records than drivers who have poor credit. If your credit rating leaves room for improvement, you could pay less to insure your 2017 Toyota 4Runner by taking the time to improve your credit score.
- Getting married pays dividends – Having a wife or husband may cut your premiums when shopping for auto insurance. It means you’re more responsible and insurance companies reward insureds because married drivers tend to file fewer claims.
- Lower rates for vehicles with better crash test results – Cars with high safety ratings are cheaper to insure. Vehicles engineered for safety reduce the chance of injuries and lower injury rates means less claims paid and cheaper rates on your policy. If your Toyota 4Runner has ratings of a minimum an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website it may cost less to insure.
- Advanced alarms and GPS tracking – Purchasing a vehicle that has an advanced theft prevention system can help bring down rates. Advanced theft deterrents like OnStar found on GM vehicles, advanced tracking like LoJack, and vehicle immobilization systems can help prevent your vehicle from being stolen.
Find hidden discounts on auto insurance
Car insurance companies do not advertise all possible discounts very clearly, so the following is a list of some of the more common as well as the least known credits available to bring down your rates.
- Online Discount – A handful of insurance companies will give a small break get auto insurance on their website.
- Good Driver Discount – Insureds who avoid accidents may save up to 50% more on 4Runner insurance as compared to drivers with claims.
- No Charge for an Accident – Not necessarily a discount, but some insurance companies may permit one accident before hitting you with a surcharge if you are claim-free prior to being involved in the accident.
- Homeowners Pay Less – Owning a house can save you money due to the fact that maintaining a home requires personal responsibility.
- Discount for Passive Restraints – Cars that have air bags or motorized seat belts may get savings of 20% or more.
- Policy Bundle Discount – If you combine your homeowners and auto policies with one company you will save nearly 15% which can help you find inexpensive auto insurance.
- Driver’s Ed – It’s a good idea to have your young drivers complete a driver education course as it can save substantially.
- Service Members Pay Less – Having an actively deployed family member may qualify for rate reductions.
- Theft Deterent – Vehicles with anti-theft systems are stolen less frequently and can earn a small discount on your policy.
You can save money using discounts, but some credits don’t apply to all coverage premiums. The majority will only reduce individual premiums such as comp or med pay. Just because it seems like all the discounts add up to a free policy, it’s just not the way it works. Any qualifying discounts will definitely reduce your policy premiums.
To see insurance companies that provide some of the discounts listed above, click here to view.
Tailor your car insurance coverage to you
When buying proper insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is not a single plan that fits everyone. Every insured’s situation is different.
For example, these questions can help discover whether or not you will benefit from professional help.
- Do I need motorclub coverage?
- Are my friends covered when driving my 2017 Toyota 4Runner?
- What happens if I owe more than my 2017 Toyota 4Runner is worth?
- Can I afford to pay high deductible claims out of pocket?
- I have health insurance so do I need medical payments coverage?
- Do I need to file an SR-22 for a DUI in my state?
- Do I have any recourse if my insurance company denies a claim?
- Should I buy full coverage?
- Can my teen driver be rated on a liability-only vehicle?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you may need to chat with a licensed insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, complete this form.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Car insurance 101
Having a good grasp of a insurance policy can help you determine appropriate coverage and the correct deductibles and limits. Insurance terms can be confusing and coverage can change by endorsement.
Uninsured Motorist or Underinsured Motorist insurance
This coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants from other drivers when they do not carry enough liability coverage. Covered claims include hospital bills for your injuries as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Since many drivers have only the minimum liability required by law, their limits can quickly be used up. So UM/UIM coverage is a good idea.
Insurance for medical payments
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP pay for expenses such as funeral costs, pain medications, EMT expenses, nursing services and chiropractic care. They are used to fill the gap from your health insurance plan or if you do not have health coverage. Medical payments and PIP cover not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants in addition to any family member struck as a pedestrian. PIP is not an option in every state but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Comprehensive coverage (or Other than Collision)
This pays for damage that is not covered by collision coverage. A deductible will apply and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive can pay for claims such as falling objects, damage from getting keyed and damage from a tornado or hurricane. The most you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the market value of your vehicle, so if the vehicle is not worth much it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
This pays for damage to your 4Runner from colliding with an object or car. You will need to pay your deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision can pay for claims like damaging your car on a curb, colliding with a tree, rolling your car and crashing into a building. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so consider removing coverage from lower value vehicles. Drivers also have the option to bump up the deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
This can cover injuries or damage you cause to people or other property. It protects you against other people’s claims. Liability doesn’t cover damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. You commonly see limits of 25/50/25 which means a $25,000 limit per person for injuries, a total of $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and a limit of $25,000 paid for damaged property.
Liability coverage pays for claims such as funeral expenses, court costs, medical expenses, bail bonds and loss of income. How much coverage you buy is a personal decision, but you should buy as large an amount as possible.
Stretch your dollar
People leave their current company for many reasons like high rates after DUI convictions, poor customer service, an unsatisfactory settlement offer and even denial of a claim. Regardless of your reason, choosing a new insurance company is not as hard as you think.
Cheaper auto insurance can be found from both online companies and with local insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some companies may not offer internet price quotes and usually these regional insurance providers work with local independent agents.
In this article, we covered some good ideas how you can get a better price on 2017 Toyota 4Runner insurance. The key thing to remember is the more rate quotes you have, the higher the chance of saving money. Consumers may even find the most savings is with a smaller regional carrier.
- State Car Insurance Guides (GEICO)
- Young Drivers: The High Risk Years Video (iihs.org)
- Collision Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Airbag FAQ (iihs.org)
Frequently Asked Questions
What factors determine the cost of insurance for a 2017 Toyota 4Runner?
Several factors contribute to the cost of insurance for a 2017 Toyota 4Runner. These factors include the driver’s age, driving history, location, credit score, coverage options, deductible amount, and the specific insurance provider’s rates and discounts.
Can the trim level of the 2017 Toyota 4Runner affect insurance rates?
Yes, the trim level of the 2017 Toyota 4Runner can impact insurance rates. Higher trim levels may have more expensive parts and repairs, which can result in higher insurance premiums. However, insurance rates can also depend on other factors, so it’s best to compare quotes from multiple insurance providers.
Are there any safety features that could lower insurance costs for a 2017 Toyota 4Runner?
Yes, certain safety features on the 2017 Toyota 4Runner may help lower insurance costs. Features such as anti-lock brakes, stability control, airbags, and anti-theft devices can reduce the risk of accidents or theft, making the vehicle less expensive to insure.
Does the location where the 2017 Toyota 4Runner is driven affect insurance rates?
Yes, the location where the 2017 Toyota 4Runner is driven can influence insurance rates. Insurance companies consider factors such as crime rates, population density, and the likelihood of accidents in a specific area. Urban areas with higher crime rates or higher accident rates may have higher insurance premiums.
Can the 2017 Toyota 4Runner’s age affect insurance costs?
Yes, the age of the 2017 Toyota 4Runner can impact insurance costs. Generally, older vehicles like the 2017 model may have lower insurance premiums compared to newer vehicles. This is because older vehicles tend to have lower values, resulting in potentially lower repair costs and lower insurance claim amounts in the event of an accident.
Does the location where I live influence the cost of insurance for a 2017 Toyota 4Runner?
Yes, the location where you live can affect the cost of insurance for a 2017 Toyota 4Runner. Insurance companies consider factors such as the frequency of accidents and thefts in your area, population density, and local repair costs. If you reside in an area with high crime rates or a higher likelihood of accidents, it can lead to higher insurance premiums compared to areas with lower risk factors.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2024
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2024
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Toyota Highlander Insurance
- Toyota Prius Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area