2018 Kia Sedona Car Insurance Quotes – 10 Tricks for Best Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Nov 19, 2019
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Looking for lower car insurance rates for your Kia Sedona? Did you make the mistake of buying an underperforming, overpriced car insurance policy? Believe me when I say you’re not alone. With so many options when it comes to car insurance, it’s nearly impossible to choose the most cost effective company.
Insurance coverage discounts help slash rates
Insurance coverage is not an enjoyable expense, but you may qualify for discounts that can help lower your rates. Many of these discounts will be applied automatically when you get a quote, but some need to be inquired about before you will receive the discount. If they aren’t giving you every credit you qualify for, it’s possible you qualify for a lower rate.
- Braking Control Discount – Cars and trucks equipped with ABS or steering control are safer to drive and will save you 10% or more.
- Distant Student – Any of your kids who are attending college and do not have a car may be insured at a cheaper rate.
- Good Student Discount – Performing well in school can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. This discount can apply until age 25.
- Early Switch Discount – Select insurance coverage companies give a discount for buying a policy before your current coverage expires. It could save around 10% when you buy auto insurance online.
- Accident Waiver – Not a discount per se, but companies like GEICO, Progressive, and Allstate will turn a blind eye to one accident without raising rates if your claims history is clear prior to being involved in the accident.
- Theft Deterent – Cars, trucks, and SUVs optioned with advanced anti-theft systems are stolen less frequently and earn discounts up to 10% off your auto insurance quote.
- Passenger Safety Discount – Options like air bags can get savings of 25 to 30%.
- 55 and Retired – Drivers over the age of 55 are able to get a discount up to 10% on Sedona coverage.
- Student Discount for Driver Training – Require your teen driver to participate in a local driver’s education class if it’s offered in school.
- No Accidents – Good drivers with no accidents have much lower rates when compared with drivers with a long claim history.
One last thing about discounts, most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire policy premium. Most only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. So when the math indicates having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy.
A few of the larger companies and their possible discounts can be found below.
- State Farm discounts include Drive Safe & Save, defensive driving training, driver’s education, multiple autos, and good student.
- GEICO may have discounts that include five-year accident-free, good student, military active duty, membership and employees, emergency military deployment, multi-vehicle, and multi-policy.
- Liberty Mutual policyholders can earn discounts including teen driver discount, safety features, preferred payment discount, new vehicle discount, newly married, newly retired, and multi-car.
- The Hartford offers discounts for bundle, defensive driver, vehicle fuel type, good student, and air bag.
- MetLife has discounts for accident-free, claim-free, good driver, defensive driver, and good student.
- Progressive includes discounts for multi-vehicle, good student, multi-policy, online quote discount, and continuous coverage.
It’s a good idea to ask each insurance company how many discounts you can get. Some discounts might not be offered in your area. To find providers who offer online insurance coverage quotes, follow this link.
Which is the best insurance?
When buying proper insurance coverage for your vehicles, there really is no “best” method to buy coverage. Each situation is unique and your policy should reflect that. These are some specific questions may help highlight if your insurance needs may require specific advice.
- Does insurance cover damages from a DUI accident?
- Will I be non-renewed for getting a DUI or other conviction?
- What can I do if my company denied a claim?
- What is no-fault insurance?
- Should I carry comprehensive and collision coverage?
- What if I total my 2018 Kia Sedona and owe more than it’s worth?
- If my pet gets injured in an accident are they covered?
- What is roadside assistance coverage?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but you know they apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to an agent. To find an agent in your area, fill out this quick form or click here for a list of insurance companies in your area. It only takes a few minutes and you can get the answers you need.
Auto insurance ads are enticing
Drivers can’t get away from all the ads that claim the cheapest prices from the likes of State Farm, Allstate and GEICO. They all advertise claims that you’ll save big just by switching your coverage.
How does every company charge less that you’re paying now? This is the trick they use.
Companies have a certain “appetite” for the type of insured that earns them the most money. For instance, a desirable insured could be between the ages of 40 and 55, has never had a policy lapse, and drives less than 7,500 miles a year. Someone that hits that “sweet spot” will get a cheap rate quote and therefore will pay quite a bit less when switching companies.
Insureds who do not fit the “perfect” profile will see a more expensive rate which usually ends up with business not being written. The trick companies use is to say “customers who switch” not “everybody who quotes” save that much when switching. That is how insurance companies can make claims that they all have the best premium rates.
Different companies use different criteria so it’s extremely important to compare many company’s premium rates. Because you never know which company will provide the lowest car insurance rates.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Car insurance coverage information
Learning about specific coverages of a insurance policy can help you determine the right coverages for your vehicles. The terms used in a policy can be difficult to understand and nobody wants to actually read their policy. These are the usual coverages found on the average insurance policy.
Auto collision coverage
This pays for damage to your Sedona resulting from colliding with an object or car. You first must pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision can pay for claims like crashing into a ditch, crashing into a building, hitting a mailbox and sustaining damage from a pot hole. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so you might think about dropping it from vehicles that are older. It’s also possible to choose a higher deductible to bring the cost down.
Medical expense insurance
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage reimburse you for immediate expenses such as funeral costs, nursing services, pain medications, prosthetic devices and doctor visits. They are used in conjunction with a health insurance policy or if you are not covered by health insurance. They cover both the driver and occupants and also covers if you are hit as a while walking down the street. PIP is not available in all states and may carry a deductible
Comprehensive (Other than Collision)
Comprehensive insurance coverage will pay to fix damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. A deductible will apply then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for claims such as theft, hitting a deer, fire damage, hitting a bird and a broken windshield. The maximum payout your insurance company will pay is the market value of your vehicle, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible consider dropping full coverage.
Protection from uninsured/underinsured drivers
This protects you and your vehicle’s occupants when other motorists are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. This coverage pays for hospital bills for your injuries and damage to your Kia Sedona.
Due to the fact that many drivers have only the minimum liability required by law, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. So UM/UIM coverage is important protection for you and your family. Normally your uninsured/underinsured motorist coverages do not exceed the liability coverage limits.
This protects you from damage that occurs to people or other property that is your fault. It consists of three limits, bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. As an example, you may have policy limits of 50/100/50 that translate to $50,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a total of $100,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and a limit of $50,000 paid for damaged property. Occasionally you may see a combined single limit or CSL which provides one coverage limit and claims can be made without the split limit restrictions.
Liability coverage pays for things such as repair bills for other people’s vehicles, attorney fees and structural damage. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is up to you, but consider buying as large an amount as possible.
Power to the consumer
More affordable insurance coverage can be bought from both online companies and from local agencies, and you need to price shop both so you have a total pricing picture. A few companies may not provide the ability to get a quote online and usually these small, regional companies only sell through independent insurance agents.
As you shop your coverage around, it’s a bad idea to reduce needed coverages to save money. There have been many cases where an insured dropped comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to discover later that the savings was not a smart move. The proper strategy is to find the BEST coverage at a price you can afford, not the least amount of coverage.
More detailed insurance coverage information is available at these sites:
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will GEICO insure a car not in my name?
- What is covered in a Jeep powertrain warranty?
- Are Jeeps more expensive to insure?
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Toyota Prius Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Volkswagen Jetta Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area