Cheapest 2018 Kia Soul Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Jun 6, 2023
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
No one in their right mind rejoices having to buy car insurance, especially when the price is too high.
Companies like State Farm, Progressive and GEICO all claim big savings, bombarding you with fancy advertisements and consumers find it hard to ignore the promise of big savings and effectively compare rates to find the best deal.
It’s smart to compare prices yearly because car insurance prices go up and down regularly. Just because you had the lowest price for Soul coverage on your last policy the chances are good that you can find a lower rate quote today. There is too much inaccurate information about car insurance on the web, but in a few minutes you can learn some proven techniques to put money back in your pocket.
How much is insurance coverage?
When looking for the cheapest car insurance quotes, there are a couple ways to get quotes from many different insurance companies. The fastest way to do a complete rate comparison is to jump online and get quotes. It’s really quite simple and can be done by using one of the methods below.
- Without a doubt, the easiest way to get quotes for comparison is a comparison rater form like this one (opens in new window). This method saves time by eliminating repetitive form submissions for every company. Just one form will get you rate comparisons direct from many companies.
- Another way to find better pricing is going to the website for every company you want to comare and go through the quote process again. For sake of this example, we’ll assume you want to see prices from USAA, GEICO and Farmers. To do that, you would have to spend time going to each site individually to enter the same coverage data repeatedly, which is why most consumers use the first method.To view a list of companies in your area, click here.
The method you choose is up to you, but be sure to compare identical information on every price quote you get. If you enter differing limits it’s impossible to determine the lowest rate for your Kia Soul. Just slight variations in insurance coverages could mean much higher rates. And when comparing insurance coverage rates, know that having more price comparisons gives you a better chance of getting more affordable rates. Some insurance companies are not set up to provide online quotes, so it’s important to compare rates on coverage from those companies, too.
Use discounts on insurance
Not too many consumers would say insurance is affordable, but you might already qualify for some discounts that could drop your premiums quite a bit. Some trigger automatically when you get a quote, but a few must be asked for prior to receiving the credit.
- Driver Safety – Taking a driver safety course could save 5% or more and also improve your driving technique.
- Safety Restraint Discount – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to buckle up can save up to 10 percent (depending on the company) off the medical payments premium.
- Sign Online – A few larger companies give back up to $50 for signing up online.
- Early Signing – A few insurance companies give discounts for switching policies prior to the expiration date on your current policy. This discount can save up to 10%.
- Theft Deterent System – Vehicles equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems help deter theft and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Discount for New Cars – Buying coverage on a new vehicle can cost up to 25% less compared to insuring an older model.
- Active Military Service – Being on active deployment in the military may qualify for rate reductions.
- Drive Safe and Save – Drivers who avoid accidents may save up to 50% more for Soul coverage than drivers with accident claims.
- Federal Employees – Being employed by or retired from a federal job can earn a discount up to 10% for Soul coverage with some insurance companies.
- Discount for Passive Restraints – Cars that have air bags may earn rate discounts of 20% or more.
Keep in mind that some credits don’t apply to the entire cost. Some only apply to individual premiums such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. Despite the fact that it seems like all those discounts means the company will pay you, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy.
Popular insurance companies and a partial list of their discounts are outlined below.
- GEICO policyholders can earn discounts including daytime running lights, air bags, military active duty, membership and employees, multi-policy, seat belt use, and good student.
- Travelers may include discounts for good student, payment discounts, multi-policy, driver training, and new car.
- Nationwide discounts include anti-theft, easy pay, business or organization, multi-policy, and defensive driving.
- Farmers Insurance has savings for business and professional, distant student, switch companies, homeowner, and mature driver.
- Esurance offers discounts including renters, anti-lock brakes, anti-theft, Switch & Save, homeowner, and safety device.
- State Farm includes discounts for Steer Clear safe driver discount, driver’s education, multiple autos, student away at school, and passive restraint.
- Progressive may offer discounts for online signing, good student, homeowner, multi-policy, continuous coverage, online quote discount, and multi-vehicle.
- Mercury Insurance offers premium reductions for location of vehicle, good driver, good student, accident-free, multi-car, low natural disaster claims, and professional/association.
If you need lower rates, check with each company how many discounts you can get. All car insurance discounts may not be offered in your area. To see a list of companies who offer insurance discounts, click here.
You can change your insurance costs
A large part of saving on insurance coverage is knowing the factors that come into play when calculating the rates you pay for insurance coverage. If you have a feel for what influences your rates, this allows you to make educated decisions that may result in lower insurance coverage prices.
Shown below are some of the major factors used by companies to determine rates.
- Continuous coverage lowers prices – Not having insurance is illegal and you may have a hard time finding new coverage because you let your coverage cancel without a new policy in place. And not only will your rates increase, getting caught without coverage can result in a hefty fine and possibly a revoked license. You may then be required to submit proof of financial responsibility or a SR-22 with your state department of motor vehicles.
- Does auto insurance cost more for guys? – Over the last 50 years, statistics have shown females are less aggressive when driving. The data does not necessarily mean that females are better drivers. Females and males tend to get into auto accidents in similar numbers, but guys get into accidents with more damage. Men also tend to receive more major tickets like DUI and reckless driving.
- Drivers with good credit save on insurance coverage – Having a bad credit score factor in calculating your insurance coverage rates. Drivers with excellent credit tend to file fewer claims and have better driving records than those with lower ratings. If your credit rating is not that good, you may save money insuring your 2018 Kia Soul by spending a little time repairing your credit.
- Urban areas may pay more – Living in small towns and rural areas has definite advantages when talking about insurance coverage. Fewer drivers translates into fewer accident claims. People in densely populated areas regularly have more road rage incidents and longer commute times. More time on the road means higher likelihood of an accident.
- Your age impacts your rates – Young drivers are statistically proven to be less responsible when at the wheel of a vehicle and because of this, their insurance coverage rates are much higher. More mature drivers are more responsible, cost insurance companies less in claims and are safer drivers.
- Adjust coverage deductibles and save – Insurance for physical damage to your car, also called comprehensive and collision insurance, protects your Kia from damage. Some coverage claims are a broken windshield, collision with an animal, and windstorm damage. Your deductibles are the amount of money you are required to spend before a claim is paid by your company. The more damage repair cost you choose to pay out-of-pocket, the bigger discount you will receive for Soul coverage.
- Higher prices for specific vocations – Did you know your career choice can influence rates? Occupational choices like judges, architects and accountants tend to have the highest average rates in part from job stress and extremely grueling work hours. On the flip side, jobs like actors, athletes and the unemployed generally pay rates lower than average for Soul coverage.
- Liability coverage limits are a factor – Liability insurance provides coverage when you are found liable for personal injury or accident damage. Your policy’s liability insurance provides you with a defense in court up to the limits shown on your policy. Carrying liability coverage is mandatory and cheap compared to other policy coverages, so drivers should carry high limits.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Tailor your auto insurance coverage to you
When choosing the right insurance coverage for your vehicles, there is no single plan that fits everyone. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s so your insurance needs to address that. These are some specific questions can help discover if your situation might need professional guidance.
- Should I get collision insurance on every vehicle?
- Do I have coverage when using my vehicle for my home business?
- How many claims can I have before being canceled?
- Why do I only qualify for high-risk insurance?
- Who is covered by my policy?
- What is medical payments coverage?
- When should I drop full coverage on my 2018 Kia Soul?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but a few of them apply, you may need to chat with an agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form or click here for a list of auto insurance companies in your area.
But the ad said I’d save 15% in 15 minutes!
Insurance coverage companies such as Progressive, Allstate and GEICO constantly bombard you with television, radio, and online ads. All the companies tend to make the same promise about savings if you change your coverage to them. How is it plausible that every one can give you a lower rate? Here is the trick they use.
Most companies give the best rates for a prospective insured that earns them a profit. A good example of this type of risk profile could be a mature driver, has no claims, and drives less than 7,500 miles a year. A customer that matches those criteria will get very good car insurance rates and will also cut their rates if they switch.
People who do not match those criteria may be forced to pay higher premiums which leads to business not being written. The trick is to say “people that switch” but not “everyone who gets a quote” can get the lowest rates when switching. That is how insurance companies can make those statements. Each company has different criteria, so you really should get car insurance quotes from several different companies. Because without a comparison, you cannot know the company that will have the best premium rates.
Insurance coverage basics
Understanding the coverages of insurance can be of help when determining which coverages you need at the best deductibles and correct limits. The terms used in a policy can be impossible to understand and coverage can change by endorsement. Shown next are typical coverage types offered by insurance companies.
Coverage for medical payments
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance pay for immediate expenses for things like funeral costs, nursing services, prosthetic devices and dental work. They can be used in conjunction with a health insurance policy or if there is no health insurance coverage. It covers you and your occupants and will also cover getting struck while a pedestrian. Personal Injury Protection is not universally available and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Coverage for collisions
Collision insurance covers damage to your Soul resulting from colliding with an object or car. You will need to pay your deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision coverage pays for claims like colliding with a tree, colliding with another moving vehicle, hitting a mailbox, scraping a guard rail and damaging your car on a curb. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so consider removing coverage from lower value vehicles. Drivers also have the option to raise the deductible to save money on collision insurance.
Comprehensive insurance coverage pays for damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. A deductible will apply and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for things like damage from getting keyed, hitting a deer, damage from a tornado or hurricane, hitting a bird and rock chips in glass. The highest amount you’ll receive from a claim is the ACV or actual cash value, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible consider dropping full coverage.
Uninsured and underinsured coverage
This gives you protection from other motorists when they do not carry enough liability coverage. Covered claims include injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants and also any damage incurred to your Kia Soul.
Since a lot of drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits, it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. So UM/UIM coverage is a good idea.
Liability car insurance
This coverage protects you from damage or injury you incur to other’s property or people by causing an accident. This coverage protects you against claims from other people, and doesn’t cover damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. You might see liability limits of 25/50/25 that translate to $25,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a per accident bodily injury limit of $50,000, and a total limit of $25,000 for damage to vehicles and property.
Liability coverage pays for claims such as structural damage, repair bills for other people’s vehicles, attorney fees, bail bonds and repair costs for stationary objects. How much coverage you buy is a personal decision, but consider buying higher limits if possible.
Shop around and save
Low-cost 2018 Kia Soul insurance is attainable on the web in addition to many insurance agents, and you should be comparing both to have the best selection. There are still a few companies who don’t offer rate quotes online and most of the time these smaller providers prefer to sell through local independent agents.
When shopping online for car insurance, never buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There are too many instances where an accident victim reduced comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to regret that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. The proper strategy is to buy enough coverage at the lowest possible cost while still protecting your assets.
- Keeping Children Safe in Crashes Video (iihs.org)
- Safety Tips for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Distracted Driving Extends Beyond Texting (State Farm)
- Credit Impacts Car Insurance Rates (State Farm)
Use our FREE quote tool to compare insurance rates now!
Frequently Asked Questions
Is the cost of insurance for a 2018 Kia Soul generally low?
The cost of insurance for a 2018 Kia Soul can vary depending on multiple factors. However, the Kia Soul is generally considered an affordable vehicle to insure, as it falls into the compact car category with a good safety record.
How can I find the cheapest insurance rates for a 2018 Kia Soul?
To find the cheapest insurance rates for a 2018 Kia Soul, it’s advisable to shop around and compare quotes from different insurance providers. You can contact insurance companies directly, use online comparison websites, or consult with an insurance broker who can help you find the best rates available.
Can I reduce my insurance rates for a 2018 Kia Soul by increasing my deductible?
Generally, opting for a higher deductible can lower your insurance rates. By agreeing to pay a higher amount out of pocket in the event of a claim, insurance companies often offer lower premium rates. However, it’s important to choose a deductible amount that you can comfortably afford to pay in case of an accident.
Are there any specific insurance considerations for older or newer 2018 Kia Soul models?
Insurance rates for both older and newer 2018 Kia Soul models are typically influenced by similar factors. However, it’s worth noting that newer models may have advanced safety features, which could potentially result in lower insurance rates due to the enhanced safety measures.
How can I ensure I’m getting the best insurance coverage for my 2018 Kia Soul?
To ensure you’re getting the best insurance coverage for your 2018 Kia Soul, it’s important to evaluate your specific needs and compare policies from different insurance providers. Consider factors such as coverage limits, deductibles, additional benefits, and customer reviews to make an informed decision about the most suitable insurance coverage for your vehicle.
Will the cost of insurance for a 2018 Kia Soul decrease over time?
Generally, the cost of insurance for a 2018 Kia Soul may decrease over time as the vehicle gets older. However, other factors such as changes in your driving record, location, or insurance provider’s policies can also impact the cost of insurance.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Chevrolet Traverse Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Subaru Outback Insurance
- Toyota Highlander Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area