Cheapest 2018 Nissan Frontier Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Jun 6, 2023
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Trying to find better insurance rates? Buyers have lots of choices when searching for the best price on Nissan Frontier insurance. You can either spend your time calling around trying to get quotes or save time using the internet to get rate quotes. There are more efficient ways to compare insurance rates so we’re going to tell you the proper way to get price quotes for a Nissan and locate the lowest possible price from both online companies and local agents.
Choosing the best insurance company for you is quite easy. If you are paying for car insurance now, you stand a good chance to be able to lower your premiums substantially using these techniques. Drivers only need to know how to buy insurance over the internet.
Lower your insurance premiums
Consumers need to have an understanding of the rating factors that help calculate your premiums. If you understand what determines base rates, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that could result in lower rates.
The following are some of the items insurance coverage companies consider when setting rates.
- Older drivers pay less – Beginning drivers tend to be inattentive when behind the wheel so insurance coverage rates are higher. Having to add a teen driver onto a policy can be quite pricey. Older insureds are shown to be more cautious, are lower risk to insure , and usually have better credit.
- Does your vocation raise your premiums? – Did you know your job can affect your rates? Occupations such as military generalspolice officers and accountants tend to have higher average rates in part from intense work situations and extremely grueling work hours. Other occupations such as actors, engineers and homemakers have the lowest average rates on Frontier coverage.
- Never let your insurance coverage expire – Driving with no insurance is against the law and any future policy may cost more because you let your coverage have a gap. Not only will rates go up, getting caught without coverage can result in a license revocation or jail time.
- Better rates on safer cars – Safer cars tend to have better insurance rates. Vehicles engineered for safety have better occupant injury protection and any reduction in injury severity means your insurance company pays less which can mean better rates for you. If your Nissan Frontier has ratings of a minimum an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website you are probably receiving a discount.
- Big city or small town – Being located in small towns and rural areas is a good thing when shopping for auto insurance. Fewer drivers and short commutes translates into fewer accidents as well as less vandalism and auto theft. Drivers who live in large cities regularly have more aggressive driving styles and more severe claims. More time commuting statistically corresponds to a higher accident and claim rate.
Finding car insurance
There are several ways to shop for car insurance, but there is one way that is less labor-intensive and much quicker. You can waste hours discussing policy coverages with insurance agencies in your area, or you could save time and use online quotes to get the quickest rates.
Many popular insurance companies are enrolled in a marketplace where insurance shoppers only type in their quote data once, and every company then returns a price quote based on that information. This eliminates the need for quote forms for each company.
To compare rates now click here to start a free quote.
The only downside to using this type of form is that you can’t choose the insurers you will receive quotes from. So if you want to choose specific insurance companies to compare prices, we have a listing of companies who write car insurance in your area. Click here to view list.
Compare rates however you want, just make darn sure you compare exactly the same quote data on every quote. If your comparisons have different coverage information you will not be able to determine the lowest rate for your Nissan Frontier.
Take policy discounts and save
Car insurance is not cheap, but there could be significant discounts that you may not know about. Some discounts apply automatically at the time you complete a quote, but a few must be inquired about before you get the savings. If you do not double check each discount you deserve, you’re paying more than you need to.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Cars and trucks that have anti-lock braking systems prevent accidents and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Professional Organizations – Participating in qualifying clubs or civic groups can get you a small discount on your next renewal.
- Discount for Multiple Policies – If you have multiple policies and insure them with the same company you could get a discount of at least 10 to 15 percent or more.
- Good Students Pay Less – Performing well in school can save 20 to 25%. Many companies even apply the discount to college students up until you turn 25.
- Resident Student – who are enrolled in higher education away from home without a vehicle on campus may be able to be covered for less.
- Drive Safe and Save – Safe drivers can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates on Frontier coverage than drivers with accidents.
- Seat Belts Save – Drivers who require all vehicle occupants to buckle their seat belts can save 10% or more on the premium charged for medical payments and/or PIP.
A quick disclaimer, most discount credits are not given to your bottom line cost. Most only apply to specific coverage prices like collision or personal injury protection. So even though they make it sound like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, companies don’t profit that way.
A list of companies and a selection of discounts can be read below.
- Progressive has savings for multi-policy, good student, homeowner, online signing, online quote discount, and multi-vehicle.
- SAFECO discounts include anti-lock brakes, multi-car, teen safe driver, bundle discounts, accident prevention training, and safe driver.
- American Family may have discounts that include TimeAway discount, good student, mySafetyValet, multi-vehicle, bundled insurance, defensive driver, and Steer into Savings.
- MetLife policyholders can earn discounts including claim-free, defensive driver, accident-free, good student, and good driver.
- GEICO may include discounts for air bags, daytime running lights, membership and employees, five-year accident-free, and anti-theft.
- The Hartford includes discounts for vehicle fuel type, defensive driver, driver training, good student, bundle, and anti-theft.
If you want affordable car insurance quotes, ask each company to give you their best rates. Some discounts listed above might not be available to policyholders in your area. If you would like to view providers who offer discounts, click here.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Which policy gives me the best coverage?
When it comes to buying the right insurance coverage, there is no “best” method to buy coverage. Everyone’s situation is a little different.
Here are some questions about coverages that can aid in determining whether you would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- When should my teen driver be added to my policy?
- Am I covered when renting a car or should I buy coverage from the car rental agency?
- What is high-risk coverage and where do I buy it?
- When would I need rental car insurance?
- Can I make deliveries for my home business?
- Why am I required to get a high-risk car insurance policy?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but one or more may apply to you, you may need to chat with an insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, fill out this quick form. It is quick, free and can help protect your family.
Auto insurance coverages explained
Learning about specific coverages of auto insurance can be of help when determining the best coverages and proper limits and deductibles. Policy terminology can be impossible to understand and reading a policy is terribly boring.
Protection from uninsured/underinsured drivers
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage provides protection from other drivers when they are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. This coverage pays for injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Due to the fact that many drivers have only the minimum liability required by law, it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is very important.
This pays to fix your vehicle from damage caused by collision with a stationary object or other vehicle. You first must pay a deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision coverage protects against things such as damaging your car on a curb, backing into a parked car, driving through your garage door and crashing into a ditch. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so consider removing coverage from vehicles that are 8 years or older. Drivers also have the option to choose a higher deductible to save money on collision insurance.
Medical expense insurance
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance kick in for immediate expenses such as EMT expenses, X-ray expenses and pain medications. They are used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance program or if there is no health insurance coverage. Medical payments and PIP cover all vehicle occupants and also covers if you are hit as a while walking down the street. Personal injury protection coverage is not universally available and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
This can cover damages or injuries you inflict on other’s property or people by causing an accident. This coverage protects you from legal claims by others. It does not cover damage to your own property or vehicle.
It consists of three limits, bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. Your policy might show values of 50/100/50 that translate to a limit of $50,000 per injured person, a per accident bodily injury limit of $100,000, and a total limit of $50,000 for damage to vehicles and property.
Liability insurance covers claims like loss of income, legal defense fees and repair costs for stationary objects. How much liability coverage do you need? That is your choice, but you should buy as high a limit as you can afford.
Comprehensive (Other than Collision)
Comprehensive insurance covers damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You first must pay your deductible and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against claims like rock chips in glass, vandalism, falling objects and damage from flooding. The maximum payout you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the market value of your vehicle, so if the vehicle is not worth much it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Have the Midas touch
A few companies do not provide online price quotes smaller companies work with local independent agents. Cost effective 2018 Nissan Frontier insurance can be sourced on the web as well as from independent agents, so compare prices from both in order to have the best chance of saving money.
In this article, we covered a lot of ways to compare 2018 Nissan Frontier insurance rates online. It’s most important to understand that the more quotes you get, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Consumers may even find the lowest priced insurance comes from a lesser-known regional company.
When buying insurance coverage, it’s very important that you do not reduce coverage to reduce premium. There are a lot of situations where consumers will sacrifice physical damage coverage only to find out that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. The goal is to purchase plenty of coverage at the best cost, but do not skimp to save money.
- Collision Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)
- Smart Auto Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- Anti-Lock Brake FAQ (iihs.org)
- How do I File a Claim? (Insurance Information Insitute)
Frequently Asked Questions
Do I need rental car insurance if I have coverage for my 2018 Nissan Frontier?
If your auto insurance policy includes comprehensive and collision coverage, it may extend to rental cars as well. Review your policy or contact your insurance provider to confirm whether rental car coverage is included. Additionally, check if there are any limitations or restrictions on rental car coverage, such as a maximum daily limit. If your policy doesn’t provide rental car coverage or if you want additional protection, you can consider purchasing coverage from the rental car agency.
Will my insurance rates be higher if I add a teen driver to my policy for a 2018 Nissan Frontier?
Adding a teen driver to your insurance policy can often result in higher rates. Young and inexperienced drivers are generally considered higher risk by insurance companies, which can lead to increased premiums. However, there are ways to mitigate the impact, such as qualifying for good student discounts or enrolling your teen in safe driving courses. It’s best to check with your insurance provider to understand how adding a teen driver will affect your specific rates.
What is high-risk car insurance and where can I buy it for my 2018 Nissan Frontier?
High-risk car insurance is coverage designed for drivers who are considered riskier to insure due to factors such as a poor driving record, multiple accidents, or DUI convictions. Not all insurance companies offer high-risk coverage, as it involves a higher level of risk for the insurer. However, some specialized insurance providers focus on serving high-risk drivers. To find high-risk car insurance for your 2018 Nissan Frontier, you can search online or consult with an insurance agent who specializes in non-standard or high-risk auto insurance.
When should I consider purchasing rental car insurance for my 2018 Nissan Frontier?
It may be necessary to consider rental car insurance in the following situations:
- Insufficient coverage: If your auto insurance policy does not provide rental car coverage or offers limited protection, it’s wise to consider additional coverage from the rental car agency.
- Higher deductibles: If your policy has high deductibles, it means you’ll have to pay more out of pocket in case of an accident or damage to the rental car. Rental car insurance can provide added financial protection.
- Exclusions or limitations: Review your policy carefully to understand any exclusions or limitations related to rental cars. If your policy doesn’t cover certain types of rental vehicles or rental periods, it’s advisable to consider rental car insurance.
Can I use my 2018 Nissan Frontier for delivery purposes in my home business?
Most personal auto insurance policies do not cover vehicles used for commercial purposes, including delivery services for a home business. If you intend to use your Nissan Frontier for deliveries, it’s essential to inform your insurance provider and discuss the appropriate coverage options. They may recommend a commercial auto insurance policy or a business use endorsement to ensure adequate protection for your vehicle while conducting business activities.
Why am I required to get a high-risk car insurance policy for my 2018 Nissan Frontier?
Insurance companies classify certain drivers as high-risk due to factors such as a history of accidents, traffic violations, DUI convictions, or a poor credit score. When you are required to get a high-risk car insurance policy for your 2018 Nissan Frontier, it means that you pose a higher risk to the insurance company, and therefore, they may charge higher premiums to offset that risk. High-risk policies typically provide the necessary coverage but at a higher cost than standard policies.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Toyota Tacoma Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Nissan Altima Insurance
- Chevrolet Equinox Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area