2019 BMW 6 Series Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: May 1, 2020
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Consumers have many options when looking for the best price on BMW 6 Series insurance. You can either spend your time driving around to compare prices or utilize the internet to find the lowest rates. There are both good and bad ways to compare insurance rates so you’re going to learn the absolute fastest way to price shop coverage for your BMW and obtain the lowest possible price either online or from local insurance agents.
Consumers should take time to quote other rates before your policy renews because prices are constantly changing. Despite the fact that you may have had the lowest quotes for 6 Series insurance at your last renewal there may be better deals available now. Don’t believe everything you read about insurance out there, but in a few minutes you can learn some great ideas on how to reduce your insurance bill.
Compare quotes for insurance
There are several ways to shop for insurance, but one way is easier and takes less work. You could spend the better part of a day driving to insurance agencies in your area, or you could save time and use online quoting to get rate comparisons in just a few minutes.
Most major companies take part in a program that allows shoppers to only type in their quote data once, and every company returns a competitive quote based on that information. This system prevents you from having to do quote requests for each company you want a rate for.
To access this free quoting program, enter your zip code here.
One minor caviat to pricing coverage this way is you are unable to specify which carriers to receive prices from. So if you prefer to pick specific insurance companies to request quotes from, we have a page of low cost insurance companies in your area. Click to enter zip code.
You can use whichever method you prefer to find lower rates, just be sure you’re using identical coverage limits and deductibles on every quote. If you have different data it’s not possible to make a fair comparison for your BMW 6 Series.
Lower-cost auto insurance rates with discounts
Companies that sell car insurance don’t always list all their discounts very well, so we researched both the well known as well as some of the hidden credits that may apply to you.
- Defensive Driver – Taking a safe driver course could possibly earn you a 5% discount if your company offers it.
- Renewal Discounts – Select companies give a discount for buying a policy prior to your current policy expiration. It’s a savings of about 10%.
- 55 and Retired – If you’re over the age of 55, you can get lower premium rates for 6 Series insurance.
- Full Payment Discount – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time instead of monthly or quarterly installments you could save 5% or more.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Low mileage vehicles could be rewarded with better rates on cars that stay parked.
- Service Members Pay Less – Having an actively deployed family member could be rewarded with lower premium rates.
It’s important to understand that most discount credits are not given to the entire policy premium. Most only cut the cost of specific coverages such as collision or personal injury protection. So despite the fact that it appears you would end up receiving a 100% discount, it just doesn’t work that way.
Companies and some of the premium reductions they offer are outlined below.
- American Family may include discounts for mySafetyValet, air bags, accident-free, good driver, early bird, good student, and multi-vehicle.
- Farm Bureau offers premium reductions for multi-policy, safe driver, renewal discount, driver training, and youthful driver.
- State Farm has savings for driver’s education, Drive Safe & Save, good student, defensive driving training, accident-free, and student away at school.
- Travelers offers discounts including hybrid/electric vehicle, early quote, good student, continuous insurance, multi-policy, and multi-car.
- The Hartford may have discounts that include defensive driver, air bag, good student, driver training, vehicle fuel type, and anti-theft.
- GEICO discounts include anti-theft, driver training, air bags, anti-lock brakes, seat belt use, good student, and membership and employees.
- Progressive has discounts for multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, online quote discount, multi-policy, homeowner, and online signing.
When quoting, ask all companies you are considering what discounts are available to you. Depending on the company, some discounts might not be offered on policies in your area. If you would like to choose from a list of companies with discount rates, enter your zip code here.
Tailor your car insurance coverage to you
When it comes to buying adequate coverage, there is no “best” method to buy coverage. Each situation is unique.
Here are some questions about coverages that might help in determining whether or not you would benefit from professional advice.
- Is pleasure use cheaper than using my 2019 BMW 6 Series to commute?
- When would I need rental car insurance?
- Who is covered by my policy?
- Is upholstery damage covered by car insurance?
- Is business equipment covered while in my vehicle?
- Do I have any recourse if my insurance company denies a claim?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions, you might consider talking to an insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, simply complete your zip code. It only takes a few minutes and can help protect your family.
Insurance coverage specifics
Knowing the specifics of your insurance policy can help you determine the best coverages and proper limits and deductibles. The coverage terms in a policy can be difficult to understand and nobody wants to actually read their policy.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage – Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage provides protection when other motorists do not carry enough liability coverage. This coverage pays for injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants as well as damage to your BMW 6 Series.
Since a lot of drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is very important.
Collision coverages – Collision coverage pays for damage to your 6 Series caused by collision with an object or car. A deductible applies and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision coverage pays for things like colliding with a tree, rolling your car, hitting a parking meter and scraping a guard rail. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so you might think about dropping it from older vehicles. Another option is to bump up the deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
Medical payments coverage and PIP – Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage provide coverage for short-term medical expenses for things like doctor visits, surgery, X-ray expenses, ambulance fees and hospital visits. They can be used in conjunction with a health insurance policy or if you do not have health coverage. They cover all vehicle occupants and will also cover if you are hit as a while walking down the street. Personal Injury Protection is not universally available and may carry a deductible
Comprehensive coverage – Comprehensive insurance coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You first must pay your deductible and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for things like theft, vandalism, a tree branch falling on your vehicle, a broken windshield and hail damage. The maximum payout a insurance company will pay at claim time is the ACV or actual cash value, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Auto liability insurance – This coverage provides protection from damage that occurs to a person or their property that is your fault. This coverage protects you from claims by other people. Liability doesn’t cover damage to your own property or vehicle.
Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. Your policy might show liability limits of 100/300/100 which stand for a $100,000 limit per person for injuries, a limit of $300,000 in injury protection per accident, and property damage coverage for $100,000.
Liability coverage pays for things like structural damage, attorney fees, pain and suffering, emergency aid and bail bonds. How much liability coverage do you need? That is your choice, but you should buy higher limits if possible.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How Much Does Car Insurance Cost?
- Cheap Car Insurance: Myth or Reality?
- Will a Speeding Ticket Raise My Car Insurance Rates?
- Car Insurance Rates 2018: Why are Prices Increasing?
- How Much Does Car Insurance Cost for a 16 Year Old?
- Which Cars are Cheapest to Insure?
- Does a Teenager with a Learner’s Permit Need to be Listed on my Policy?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Hyundai Tucson Insurance
- Chevrolet Cruze Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Subaru Forester Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Toyota Highlander Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area