2019 Honda HR-V Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Apr 9, 2020
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Average insurance rates for a 2019 Honda HR-V are $1,332 a year for full coverage insurance. Comprehensive costs an estimated $270 each year, collision costs $506, and liability costs around $398. Buying a liability-only policy costs as low as $460 a year, with high-risk insurance costing around $2,888. Teen drivers receive the highest rates at $5,022 a year or more.
Annual premium for full coverage: $1,332
Rate estimates for 2019 Honda HR-V Insurance
Rate data is compiled from all 50 U.S. states and averaged for all 2019 Honda HR-V models. Rates are based on a 40-year-old male driver, $500 comprehensive and collision deductibles, and a clean driving record. Remaining premium consists of UM/UIM coverage, Medical/PIP, and policy fees.
Price Range by Coverage and Risk
For the average driver, prices range go from as low as $460 for basic liability insurance to a high rate of $2,888 for a driver that may need high-risk insurance.
These differences illustrate why all drivers should compare prices for a targeted area and risk profile, instead of making a decision based on price averages.
Use the form below to get rates for your location.
Enter your zip code below to view companies based on your location that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Recommended Companies for Cheap 2019 Honda HR-V Insurance
Pretty sure you bought overpriced car insurance? It’s a common feeling and many drivers have buyer’s remorse. Because you have many options when it comes to car insurance, it can be hard to locate the cheapest insurance company.
Buy insurance online
Most of the larger companies like State Farm, GEICO and Progressive provide prices on the web. Doing online price comparisons is fairly simple as you just type in your coverage preferences into the form. Once you submit the form, the company’s rating system pulls your driving record and credit report and quotes a price based on these factors. Being able to quote online makes comparing rates easy, but the process of having to visit multiple sites and complete many quote forms is monotonous and tiresome. But it’s very important to perform this step if you want to get better insurance pricing.
A quicker way to locate the lowest prices requires only one form to return rates from several different companies. This type of form saves time, helps eliminate reptitive entry, and makes rate comparisons a lot less work. Immediately after you send the form, it is quoted with multiple companies and you can pick any one of the pricing results.
If one or more price quotes are lower than your current rates, it’s easy to complete the application and buy the new coverage. This process takes 15 minutes at the most and can result in significant savings.
To find out how much you’re overpaying now, simply enter your zip code here and submit the form. To compare your current rates, we recommend you input the limits and deductibles as shown on your current policy. This guarantees you will have rate quotes for similar insurance coverage.
Save $397 a year! What?
Consumers can’t escape the ads for the lowest price insurance coverage by State Farm, GEICO and Progressive. They all seem to say the same thing that drivers will save a bundle just by switching your coverage to them.
How does every company charge you less for car insurance? This is the trick they use.
All companies quote the lowest rates for the type of insured they prefer to insure. For example, a profitable risk profile might be described as between the ages of 40 and 55, has no driving citations, and drives a vehicle with a low ISO rating. Anybody who matches those parameters receives the best rates and most likely will save quite a bit of money when switching.
Drivers who don’t measure up to these standards will be quoted a higher rate and the driver buying from a lower-cost company. The trick companies use is to say “drivers that switch” not “all people who quote” save that much money. This is how insurance companies can make those statements.
Each company has different criteria, so you really need to get as many free insurance quotes as possible. It’s impossible to know which insurance companies will give you the biggest savings.
Find Honda HR-V insurance cheaper
Many things are part of the calculation when you get a price on insurance. Some of the criteria are obvious like an MVR report, but other criteria are less apparent like your continuous coverage or how financially stable you are.An important part of buying insurance is that you know some of the factors that help calculate your premiums. If you know what influences your rates, this allows you to make good choices that may reward you with much lower annual insurance costs.
The factors shown below are a few of the “ingredients” companies use to determine rates.
- Discounts for married couples – Getting married can get you a discount on insurance. It may mean you are more mature and responsible and statistics show married drivers tend to file fewer claims.
- Your liability coverage limits – Your policy’s liability coverage will protect you in the event that a court rules you are at fault for an accident. Your liability coverage provides for a legal defense to attempt to prove you were not liable. This coverage is relatively inexpensive compared to other policy coverages, so do not cut corners here.
- Your location is a factor – Choosing to live in smaller towns and rural areas of the country has definite advantages when talking about insurance. Residents of big cities have more traffic problems and more time behind the wheel. Less people living in that area means reduced accidents and also fewer theft and vandalism claims.
- Drive less and save – The more you drive your Honda every year the higher your rate. A lot of companies calculate rates partially by how you use the vehicle. Cars and trucks that are left in the garage receive better premium rates than vehicles that are driven to work every day. Make sure your insurance declarations sheet states the right rating data. A policy that improperly rates your HR-V may be costing you.
- Do you really need to file that policy claims? – If you file a lot of claims don’t be surprised to see increased rates or even have your policy non-renewed. Auto insurance companies award cheaper rates to drivers who do not file claims often. Insurance coverage is designed for the bigger claims that can’t be paid out-of-pocket.
- Prices may be lower depending on your job – Did you know your insurance rates can be affected by your occupation? Occupations like fire fighters, architects and stock brokers are shown to have higher rates than average because of intense work situations and lengthy work days. On the flip side, occupations like scientists, engineers and retirees have lower than average premiums for HR-V coverage.
- Raising physical damage deductibles saves money – Insurance for physical damage, also called ‘full coverage’, protects your Honda from damage. Some instances where coverage would apply could be colliding with a building, vandalism, and burglary. The deductibles you choose are how much the insured will be required to pay before your insurance pays a claim. The more money the insured is willing to pay, the lower your rates will be for HR-V coverage.
Car insurance policy discounts
Insurance can cost an arm and a leg, but you might already qualify for some discounts that may help make it more affordable. Certain discounts will be applied at the time of purchase, but some may not be applied and must be inquired about prior to getting the savings.
- Sign Online – Some of the larger companies will give you a small discount shop insurance on their website.
- Government Employees – Active or former government employment could qualify for a slight premium decrease for HR-V coverage depending on your company.
- Professional Organizations – Affiliation with qualifying employment or professional organizations is a simple method to lower premiums on your bill.
- Military Discounts – Being deployed in the military could mean lower prices.
- Telematics Data Discounts – Policyholders that allow companies to track where and when they drive by using a telematics device in their vehicle such as In-Drive from State Farm or Allstate’s Drivewise system could possibly reduce rates if their driving habits are good.
- Distant College Student Discount – Youth drivers who are attending college and don’t have a car may be able to be covered for less.
- Seat Belts Save – Forcing all vehicle occupants to buckle up can save up to 10 percent (depending on the company) on the premium charged for medical payments and/or PIP.
- Home Ownership Discount – Owning a home can get you a discount since owning and maintaining a home is proof that your finances are in order.
- Multiple Policy Discount – If you combine your home and auto policies and insure them both with the same insurance company you could earn a discount of up to 20% off your total premium.
Drivers should understand that most credits do not apply to the whole policy. Some only reduce individual premiums such as collision or personal injury protection. So even though it sounds like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
Car insurance companies who may offer most of the discounts above include:
If you want cheap insurance quotes, ask all companies you are considering to give you their best rates. Some credits might not be offered on policies in every state. If you would like to choose from a list of insurers that offer many of these discounts, enter your zip code here.
How do I know if I need professional advice?
When it comes to choosing proper insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there isn’t really a cookie cutter policy. Everyone’s situation is unique so your insurance needs to address that. For example, these questions may help highlight whether you would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Is business equipment covered while in my vehicle?
- Do I get a pro-rated refund if I cancel my policy early?
- Do all my vehicles need collision coverage?
- Is my dog or cat covered if injured in an accident?
- Can I afford to buy a different vehicle if my 2019 Honda HR-V is totaled?
- Does my 2019 Honda HR-V need full coverage?
- Am I covered if I wreck a rental car?
- Am I covered when renting a car or should I buy coverage from the car rental agency?
- What companies insure drivers after a DUI or DWI?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but one or more may apply to you, you might consider talking to a licensed agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, simply complete your zip code. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and can help protect your family.
Car insurance policy specifics
Understanding the coverages of your policy helps when choosing which coverages you need for your vehicles. The coverage terms in a policy can be confusing and reading a policy is terribly boring. These are the usual coverages found on the average car insurance policy.
Auto liability insurance – Liability coverage protects you from damage that occurs to other people or property by causing an accident. This coverage protects you from claims by other people, and doesn’t cover your own vehicle damage or injuries.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. You might see policy limits of 50/100/50 which stand for a limit of $50,000 per injured person, a per accident bodily injury limit of $100,000, and a total limit of $50,000 for damage to vehicles and property. Some companies may use a combined limit that pays claims from the same limit with no separate limits for injury or property damage.
Liability coverage protects against claims like funeral expenses, structural damage, court costs and medical services. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is a personal decision, but buy higher limits if possible.
Comprehensive auto coverage – Comprehensive insurance will pay to fix damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. A deductible will apply then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive insurance covers things such as hitting a deer, hail damage and rock chips in glass. The highest amount a car insurance company will pay at claim time is the actual cash value, so if the vehicle’s value is low it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Collision coverage – This coverage pays for damage to your HR-V resulting from a collision with an object or car. You will need to pay your deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision insurance covers claims like colliding with another moving vehicle, backing into a parked car, hitting a parking meter and crashing into a ditch. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from vehicles that are older. It’s also possible to raise the deductible to bring the cost down.
UM/UIM (Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist) coverage – This coverage protects you and your vehicle when other motorists either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. Covered claims include injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Since a lot of drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required, it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is important protection for you and your family. Normally these limits are similar to your liability insurance amounts.
Medical payments and PIP coverage – Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage provide coverage for immediate expenses such as hospital visits, rehabilitation expenses and X-ray expenses. The coverages can be used to fill the gap from your health insurance plan or if you are not covered by health insurance. Coverage applies to not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants in addition to any family member struck as a pedestrian. PIP coverage is not available in all states but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Online plus local equals savings
As you restructure your insurance plan, don’t be tempted to buy poor coverage just to save money. In many instances, an insured dropped uninsured motorist or liability limits and found out when filing a claim that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. Your objective should be to get the best coverage possible at a price you can afford, not the least amount of coverage.
Throughout this article, we presented quite a bit of information on how to shop for 2019 Honda HR-V insurance online. The key concept to understand is the more you quote insurance, the higher your chance of finding cheap insurance. You may even discover the lowest priced car insurance comes from a smaller regional carrier. These smaller insurers may often insure only within specific states and give getter rates than their larger competitors like Allstate or State Farm.
Cheaper 2019 Honda HR-V insurance is definitely available both online and from local agencies, and you should be comparing both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. A few companies don’t offer the ability to get quotes online and many times these small, regional companies prefer to sell through local independent agents.
Additional learning opportunities
Rates by U.S. City
|New York City, NY||$2,109|
|Los Angeles, CA||$2,277|
Rates by Driver Age
Full coverage, $500 deductibles
Rates by Deductible
Full coverage, driver age 40
Rates by Liability Limit
Full coverage, driver age 40
Rates for High Risk Drivers
Full coverage, $500 deductibles, two speeding tickets, and one at-fault accident
If a financial responsibility filing is required, the additional charge below may also apply.
Potential Rate Discounts
If you qualify for discounts, you may save the amounts shown below.
|5-yr Accident Free||$98|
|5-yr Claim Free||$86|
|Paid in Full/EFT||$61|
Discounts are estimated and may not be available from every company or in every state.