2019 Lexus RX 450h Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Apr 9, 2020
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Average insurance rates for a 2019 Lexus RX 450h are $1,672 a year for full coverage. Comprehensive insurance costs around $356, collision costs $686, and liability costs around $450. Buying a liability-only policy costs as low as $518 a year, with high-risk insurance costing $3,626 or more. Teen drivers receive the highest rates at $6,190 a year or more.
Annual premium for full coverage: $1,672
Rate estimates for 2019 Lexus RX 450h Insurance
Rate data is compiled from all 50 U.S. states and averaged for all 2019 Lexus RX 450h models. Rates are based on a 40-year-old male driver, $500 comprehensive and collision deductibles, and a clean driving record. Remaining premium consists of UM/UIM coverage, Medical/PIP, and policy fees.
Price Range by Coverage and Risk
For a middle-aged driver, prices range go from as low as $518 for just liability insurance to the much higher price of $3,626 for a high risk driver.
These differences show why everyone should compare prices for a specific zip code and risk profile, instead of making a decision based on price averages.
Use the form below to get rates for your location.
Enter your zip code below to view companies based on your location that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Recommended Companies for Cheap 2019 Lexus RX 450h Insurance
Want lower auto insurance rates for your Lexus RX 450h? If you’re searching for lower-priced insurance online, do you get frustrated by the wide range of auto insurance companies available to you? Drivers have so many options that it can be a difficult situation to find the lowest price.
It is always a good idea to do price comparisons yearly because prices are usually higher with each renewal. Even if you think you had the lowest rates on RX 450h insurance two years ago you will most likely find a better rate quote today. There is a lot of bad advice regarding auto insurance online but in this article, you’re going to get some tested techniques to buy auto insurance cheaper.
If you are paying for car insurance now, you will be able to reduce your rates substantially using these tips. Locating the cheapest protection can be fairly easy. But drivers need to learn the way insurance companies sell online and use this information to your advantage.
Get lower-cost rates with these six car insurance discounts
Companies don’t list their entire list of discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so the following is a list of some of the best known in addition to some of the lesser obvious savings tricks you should be using when you buy car insurance online. If you do not double check each discount you deserve, you are paying more than you should be.
- Early Signing – Select insurance companies give a discount for buying a policy before your current policy expires. You may see this discount when you get car insurance quotes online.
- ABS and Traction Control Discounts – Cars and trucks that have anti-lock braking systems are safer to drive and will save you 10% or more.
- Membership in Organizations – Being in a professional or civic organization is a simple method to lower premiums on car insurance.
- No Charge for an Accident – Not necessarily a discount, but some companies like GEICO, State Farm, and Progressive may permit one accident before they charge you more for coverage so long as you are claim-free prior to being involved in the accident.
- Discounts for Good Drivers – Accident-free drivers can pay as much as 50% less on RX 450h insurance than less cautious drivers.
- Telematics Devices – Drivers that enable their company to monitor vehicle usage by installing a telematics device such as State Farm’s In-Drive may get a rate reduction if their driving habits are good.
As is typical with insurance, some of the credits will not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like liability and collision coverage. So even though they make it sound like it’s possible to get free car insurance, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business.
A few of the larger companies and some of the premium reductions they offer are:
- American Family may have discounts that include multi-vehicle, TimeAway discount, Steer into Savings, mySafetyValet, defensive driver, accident-free, and bundled insurance.
- Nationwide policyholders can earn discounts including accident-free, multi-policy, Farm Bureau membership, family plan, business or organization, and anti-theft.
- MetLife has discounts for claim-free, defensive driver, good driver, multi-policy, good student, accident-free
- 21st Century has savings for defensive driver, air bags, good student, anti-lock brakes, 55 and older, teen driver, and homeowners.
- Farmers Insurance offers discounts including teen driver, alternative fuel, electronic funds transfer, bundle discounts, and pay in full.
- Allstate may include discounts for new car, senior citizen, EZ pay plan discount, defensive driver, and early signing.
Before buying, ask every insurance company which credits you are entitled to. All car insurance discounts might not apply in your area. For a list of insurers who offer cheap car insurance quotes, enter your zip code here.
How to compare free insurance rate quotes
To find cheap car insurance quotes, there are several ways to obtain and compare prices from many insurance companies in your state. The quickest method to lower the rate you pay for 2019 Lexus RX 450h insurance is to jump online and get quotes. It is quite easy and can be accomplished in a couple minutes as outlined below.
- The most efficient way consumers can make multiple comparisons would be an industry-wide quote request form. This easy form eliminates the need for separate forms for every prospective company. A single, simple form will return price quotes from all major companies. This is by far the quickest method.
- A more difficult way to shop for insurance online is spending the time to visit the website of each company and complete a new quote form. For sake of this example, we’ll pretend you want comparison quotes from State Farm, Liberty Mutual and Travelers. You would need to go to each individual site and punch in your information repeatedly, which explains why we recommend starting with the first method.
Whichever method you choose, make sure you compare apples-to-apples quote data with each company. If the quotes have different values for each quote it will be very difficult to make an equal comparison. Just a small difference in coverage limits may result in large price differences. Just keep in mind that getting more free quotes helps you find better pricing. Not every company provides prices over the internet, so it’s important to compare price estimates from them, too.
Insurance coverage can get complicated
When choosing coverage, there isn’t really a cookie cutter policy. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s.
For instance, these questions could help you determine if your insurance needs will benefit from professional help.
- Does my insurance cover my expensive audio equipment?
- Why am I required to get a high-risk car insurance policy?
- Do I need rental car coverage?
- When should I remove comp and collision on my 2019 Lexus RX 450h?
- At what point should I drop full coverage?
- Am I covered by my spouse’s policy after a separation?
- Can I get a multi-policy discount for packaging my home and auto coverage?
- Why is insurance for a teen driver so high?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions then you might want to talk to an agent. If you don’t have a local agent, fill out your zip code.
Auto insurance coverage information
Learning about specific coverages of a car insurance policy can be of help when determining the best coverages and the correct deductibles and limits. Car insurance terms can be difficult to understand and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording.
Medical costs insurance
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP reimburse you for bills for things like hospital visits, chiropractic care and prosthetic devices. They are often used to fill the gap from your health insurance policy or if there is no health insurance coverage. Coverage applies to all vehicle occupants and also covers if you are hit as a while walking down the street. PIP is only offered in select states but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
This provides protection when other motorists do not carry enough liability coverage. This coverage pays for injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants and also any damage incurred to your Lexus RX 450h.
Since many drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits, their limits can quickly be used up. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is very important.
Comprehensive or Other Than Collision
Comprehensive insurance coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You need to pay your deductible first and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive can pay for things like fire damage, hail damage and rock chips in glass. The maximum amount you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the market value of your vehicle, so if the vehicle’s value is low it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
This can cover damage or injury you incur to people or other property that is your fault. Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. Your policy might show policy limits of 50/100/50 that means you have $50,000 bodily injury coverage, a per accident bodily injury limit of $100,000, and a limit of $50,000 paid for damaged property.
Liability coverage pays for claims like bail bonds, court costs, structural damage, emergency aid and funeral expenses. How much liability should you purchase? That is up to you, but you should buy as much as you can afford.
Coverage for collisions
This coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage caused by collision with a stationary object or other vehicle. A deductible applies then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision can pay for things like hitting a parking meter, colliding with a tree and rolling your car. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so consider removing coverage from lower value vehicles. It’s also possible to increase the deductible to save money on collision insurance.
Save your cold hard cash
Cheaper auto insurance can be bought both online in addition to many insurance agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both to get a complete price analysis. Some insurance companies do not provide online price quotes and many times these small, regional companies work with independent agents.
We just covered some good ideas how to compare 2019 Lexus RX 450h insurance car insurance rates online. The key concept to understand is the more rate quotes you have, the better chance you’ll have of finding the cheapest car insurance. You may even discover the biggest savings come from some of the lesser-known companies.
People who switch companies do it for any number of reasons including an unsatisfactory settlement offer, delays in responding to claim requests, lack of trust in their agent or delays in paying claims. Regardless of your reason, switching companies is easier than you think.
To learn more, feel free to visit the resources below:
Rates by U.S. City
|New York City, NY||$2,643|
|Los Angeles, CA||$2,859|
Need a specific model?
Choose your model and trim below
Rates by Driver Age
Full coverage, $500 deductibles
Rates by Deductible
Full coverage, driver age 40
Rates by Liability Limit
Full coverage, driver age 40
Rates for High Risk Drivers
Full coverage, $500 deductibles, two speeding tickets, and one at-fault accident
If a financial responsibility filing is required, the additional charge below may also apply.
Potential Rate Discounts
If you qualify for discounts, you may save the amounts shown below.
|5-yr Accident Free||$127|
|5-yr Claim Free||$109|
|Paid in Full/EFT||$79|
Discounts are estimated and may not be available from every company or in every state.