2019 Mazda CX-3 Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Apr 9, 2020
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Average insurance rates for a 2019 Mazda CX-3 are $1,316 a year for full coverage. Comprehensive costs on average $282, collision costs $478, and liability costs $398. Buying a liability-only policy costs as little as $460 a year, with high-risk insurance costing around $2,836. Teen drivers receive the highest rates at $4,924 a year or more.
Annual premium for full coverage: $1,316
Rate estimates for 2019 Mazda CX-3 Insurance
Rate data is compiled from all 50 U.S. states and averaged for all 2019 Mazda CX-3 models. Rates are based on a 40-year-old male driver, $500 comprehensive and collision deductibles, and a clean driving record. Remaining premium consists of UM/UIM coverage, Medical/PIP, and policy fees.
Price Range by Coverage and Risk
For a middle-aged driver, prices range go from as low as $460 for only liability insurance to the much higher price of $2,836 for a high risk driver.
These differences show why everyone should compare rates based on a specific location and risk profile, instead of using price averages.
Use the form below to get rates for your location.
Enter your zip code below to view companies based on your location that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Recommended Companies for Cheap 2019 Mazda CX-3 Insurance
Searching for cheaper insurance rates for your Mazda CX-3? Nobody I know gets a kick out of paying for insurance, especially knowing they could find lower prices if they just compared rates.
Lots of insurance companies contend for your hard-earned dollar, and because of this it can be hard to compare insurance companies to find the best rates possible.
It’s important to get comparison quotes quite often because insurance rates change frequently. Even if you think you had the best deal for CX-3 coverage a couple years back you can probably find a better price now. There are a lot of ways to save on insurance online, but in a few minutes you can learn some guaranteed methods to slash your insurance rates.
How to get free insurance quotes online
All the larger insurance companies make it easy to get insurance quotes from their websites. Doing online quotes doesn’t take much effort as all you need to do is type in on the page. After the form is submitted, the company’s rating system will order your driving record and credit report and generates a price based on the data you entered. Online price quotes makes it simple to compare prices but the process of having to visit multiple sites and type in the same information can get tiresome after awhile. But it’s very important to have as many quotes as possible if you want to get the best price possible.
Rate comparisons made easy
A less time-consuming method to compare rates makes use of a single form to obtain quotes from more than one company. It’s a real time-saver, helps eliminate reptitive entry, and makes quoting online much more efficient. As soon as the form is sent, it is quoted with multiple companies and you can pick your choice of the price quotes you receive. If you find a better price you can simply submit the application and purchase the new policy. The entire process takes less than 15 minutes and you will find out if you’re overpaying now.
To quickly find out how much you can save on insurance, simply enter your zip code here and complete the simple form. If you have coverage now, it’s recommended that you enter the insurance coverages just like they are on your policy. This way, you will get a price comparison using the exact same coverages.
More discounts mean affordable premiums
Companies that sell car insurance don’t necessarily list every disount available very well, so we break down some of the more common in addition to some of the lesser obvious credits available to you.
- Homeowners Discount – Just owning your own home can help you save on insurance coverage because of the fact that having a home requires a higher level of personal finance.
- Safety Course Discount – Participating in a course teaching defensive driver skills could possibly earn you a 5% discount if your company offers it.
- Clubs and Organizations – Participating in qualifying employment or professional organizations may earn a discount on your next renewal.
- Multi-line Discount – Some insurance carriers give a discounted price on car insurance if you buy life insurance from them.
- Discount for New Cars – Buying a new car model can get you a discount compared to insuring an older model.
- Drivers Ed for Students – Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to enroll in driver’s education if it’s offered in school.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Driving less could qualify for slightly better prices than normal.
Just know that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire policy premium. Most only apply to individual premiums such as medical payments or collision. Even though the math looks like you could get a free insurance coverage policy, it doesn’t quite work that way.
A few popular companies and their offered discounts can be read below.
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including Drive Safe & Save, anti-theft, multiple autos, safe vehicle, driver’s education, passive restraint, and accident-free.
- Farmers Insurance may have discounts that include mature driver, homeowner, business and professional, bundle discounts, good student, and distant student.
- GEICO has discounts for five-year accident-free, anti-lock brakes, good student, anti-theft, and defensive driver.
- American Family offers discounts for defensive driver, TimeAway discount, multi-vehicle, mySafetyValet, air bags, accident-free, and Steer into Savings.
- Nationwide includes discounts for accident-free, business or organization, good student, anti-theft, family plan, and defensive driving.
- Progressive discounts include multi-vehicle, online quote discount, multi-policy, good student, online signing, continuous coverage, and homeowner.
It’s a good idea to ask all companies you are considering the best way to save money. Depending on the company, some discounts might not be offered on policies in your area. If you would like to choose from a list of insurance coverage companies who offer online insurance coverage quotes, enter your zip code here.
It’s not one size fits all
When it comes to buying the right insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is no “best” method to buy coverage. Everyone’s situation is unique and a cookie cutter policy won’t apply. For example, these questions might help in determining if you would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Is my dog or cat covered if injured in an accident?
- Does insurance cover tools stolen from my truck?
- Am I covered if I hit my neighbor’s mailbox?
- What if I owe more than I can insure my car for?
- If I drive on a suspended license am I covered?
- Am I covered by my employer’s commercial auto policy when driving my personal car for business?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, take a second and enter your zip code.
Informed consumers can slash their insurance premiums
It’s important that you understand the factors that help calculate your premiums. If you have some idea of what impacts premium levels, this allows you to make good choices that could result in cheaper rates. Lots of factors are part of the equation when premium rates are determined. Some are obvious such as your driving history, although others are more obscure like your continuous coverage and annual miles driven.
- Younger drivers are expensive to insure – Older drivers are shown to be more cautious, cost insurance companies less in claims , and are generally more financially stable.Teen drivers are known to be less responsible in a vehicle and because of this, their auto insurance rates are much higher.
- Discounts for GPS tracking and theft deterrents – Selecting a car model that has an advanced theft prevention system can earn a premium discount. Systems that thwart theives like OnStar found on GM vehicles, advanced tracking like LoJack, and vehicle immobilization systems can thwart vehicle theft.
- Consider raising deductibles – Insurance for physical damage to your car, termed comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, is used to repair damage to your Mazda. Examples of covered claims could be a dented fender, hitting a deer, and damage from a fallen tree branch. Comprehensive and collision coverage deductibles represent how much money you are willing to pay if a covered claim is submitted. The more expense you’re willing to pay, the lower your rates will be for CX-3 coverage.
- Avoid auto insurance policy lapses – Going without insurance is a quick way to pay more for auto insurance. Not only will rates go up, not being able to provide proof of insurance can result in a hefty fine and possibly a revoked license.
Does car insurance advertising bend the truth?
Big name companies like State Farm, Allstate and GEICO regularly use television, radio, and online ads. They all seem to have a common claim that you’ll save big if you just switch to their company. It sounds good, but how can they all say the same thing? This is how they do it.
Insurance providers have specific guidelines for the type of driver that earns them a profit. An example of a desirable insured might be over age 30, has a clean driving record, and drives less than 7,500 miles a year. A propective insured that meets those criteria receive the lowest rate quotes and most likely will save if they switch.
Insureds who are not a match for those criteria will get a more expensive rate and ends up with the customer buying from a different company. The wording the ads use say “people that switch” not “everyone that quotes” save that much. That is how insurance companies can state the savings. This really emphasizes why you should quote coverage with many companies. It’s not possible to predict which company will have the best prices at this point in time.
Car insurance specifics
Having a good grasp of a car insurance policy can help you determine which coverages you need and the correct deductibles and limits. Car insurance terms can be difficult to understand and nobody wants to actually read their policy. Below you’ll find typical coverages available from car insurance companies.
UM/UIM Coverage – Your UM/UIM coverage provides protection when other motorists are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. It can pay for injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants and also any damage incurred to your 2019 Mazda CX-3.
Since a lot of drivers carry very low liability coverage limits, it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is a good idea.
Liability – This coverage provides protection from damage that occurs to people or other property. It protects you from claims by other people, and doesn’t cover damage to your own property or vehicle.
Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. Your policy might show values of 50/100/50 that means you have $50,000 bodily injury coverage, a total of $100,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and property damage coverage for $50,000.
Liability coverage pays for things such as loss of income, legal defense fees, medical expenses, medical services and repair bills for other people’s vehicles. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is a decision to put some thought into, but buy as high a limit as you can afford.
Comprehensive or Other Than Collision – Comprehensive insurance coverage will pay to fix damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You need to pay your deductible first and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for claims like a tree branch falling on your vehicle, falling objects, hitting a deer and theft. The highest amount a car insurance company will pay at claim time is the ACV or actual cash value, so if the vehicle is not worth much it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Collision coverages – Collision insurance covers damage to your CX-3 caused by collision with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. A deductible applies and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision coverage pays for claims such as sideswiping another vehicle, crashing into a building and hitting a mailbox. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so consider removing coverage from vehicles that are 8 years or older. Drivers also have the option to choose a higher deductible to save money on collision insurance.
Medical costs insurance – Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage provide coverage for bills like pain medications, surgery and prosthetic devices. They are used in conjunction with a health insurance plan or if you do not have health coverage. It covers not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants and will also cover being hit by a car walking across the street. PIP is not an option in every state and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Quote more, save more
Cost effective 2019 Mazda CX-3 insurance can be sourced both online as well as from insurance agents, and you need to price shop both to get a complete price analysis. Some companies may not have rate quotes online and these smaller companies work with independent insurance agencies.
In this article, we presented some good ideas how you can lower your 2019 Mazda CX-3 insurance prices. It’s most important to understand that the more companies you get rates for, the better your chances of lowering your rates. Consumers could even find that the best prices are with the least-expected company. These smaller insurers may only write in your state and offer lower rates as compared to the big name companies such as Allstate or State Farm.
Additional auto insurance information can be read at the links below
- What to do at the Scene of an Accident (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Determining Your Vehicle’s Value and Repair Cost (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Vehicle Safety Ratings (iihs.org)
- Winter Driving (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Car Insurance: When not to Skimp (BankRate.com)
- Should I Purchase an Umbrella Liability Policy? (Insurance Information Insitute)
Rates by U.S. City
|New York City, NY||$2,079|
|Los Angeles, CA||$2,250|
Rates by Driver Age
Full coverage, $500 deductibles
Rates by Deductible
Full coverage, driver age 40
Rates by Liability Limit
Full coverage, driver age 40
Rates for High Risk Drivers
Full coverage, $500 deductibles, two speeding tickets, and one at-fault accident
If a financial responsibility filing is required, the additional charge below may also apply.
Potential Rate Discounts
If you qualify for discounts, you may save the amounts shown below.
|5-yr Accident Free||$94|
|5-yr Claim Free||$84|
|Paid in Full/EFT||$59|
Discounts are estimated and may not be available from every company or in every state.