Cheapest 2016 Mazda CX-3 Insurance Rates in 2024
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Jun 6, 2023
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Searching for cheaper car insurance rates for your Mazda CX-3? Comparing car insurance rates online can seem like an uphill battle if you have never used quoting online. But relax because comparing prices is actually very simple.
If you currently have car insurance, you will be able to save some money using these methods. The purpose of this post is to help you learn the best way to quote coverages and some tips to save money. But vehicle owners must understand the way insurance companies market on the web because it can help you find the best coverage.
Free Quotes for Car Insurance
To find the best car insurance prices, there are several ways of comparing rates from local car insurance companies. The best way to find the lowest 2016 Mazda CX-3 rates is to use the internet to compare rates. This is very easy and can be done in several different ways.
- The most efficient way to get quotes would be an industry-wide quote request form click here to open form in new window. This form keeps you from doing a different quote to each individual car insurance company. One simple form compares rates from many national carriers. Just one form and you’re done.
- Another way to compare rate quotes requires visiting each individual company website to request a price quote. For sake of this example, we’ll pretend you want comparison quotes from USAA, Safeco and Travelers. You would have to spend time on each company’s site to input your insurance information, and that’s why the first method is more popular. For a list of links to insurance companies in your area, click here.
It’s your choice how you get your quotes, but double check that you are using identical coverages and limits for each comparison quote. If each company quotes different values for each quote it will be impossible to determine which rate is truly the best. Quoting even small variations in insurance coverages may result in a large different in cost. Just keep in mind that obtaining a wide range of quotes helps locate the best rates.
Mazda CX-3 rates influenced by many factors
An important part of buying insurance is that you know the different types of things that go into determining the price you pay for insurance coverage. Knowing what controls the rates you pay enables informed choices that could result in lower insurance coverage prices.
Listed below are some of the factors insurance coverage companies consider when setting premiums.
- How credit affects insurance coverage rates – Your credit score is a huge factor in determining what you pay for insurance coverage. If your credit rating is lower than you’d like, you could be paying less to insure your 2016 Mazda CX-3 by improving your credit score. People with high credit ratings tend to be more responsible than those with poor credit.
- A clean driving record saves money – Whether or not you get tickets impacts your car insurance rates tremendously. Only having one ticket can increase rates twenty percent or more. Good drivers have lower premiums than their less careful counterparts. Drivers with dangerous tickets such as DWI, reckless driving or hit and run convictions are required to submit a SR-22 form with the DMV in their state in order to prevent a license revocation.
- Always keep insurance in force – Having an insurance coverage lapse will be a fast way to pay more for insurance coverage. Not only will you pay more, getting caught without coverage will get you a hefty fine and possibly a revoked license.You may have to submit proof of financial responsibility or a SR-22 with your state department of motor vehicles.
- Higher safety ratings means cheaper insurance – Cars with high safety ratings can get you lower premiums. Safe vehicles have better occupant injury protection and lower injury rates means less money paid by your insurance company and thus lower rates. If your Mazda CX-3 is rated at least an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website or four stars on the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration website it may be receiving lower rates.
- Optional equipment can affect rates – Driving a car with anti-theft technology or alarm system can help bring down rates. Anti-theft features like vehicle immobilizer systems, General Motors OnStar and LoJack tracking systems all hinder your vehicle from being stolen.
- You might want pay the small claims yourself – If you are a frequent claim filer, you can pretty much guarantee either a policy non-renewal or much higher rates. Car insurance companies award lower rates to drivers who are claim-free. Auto insurance is meant to be used in the event of the large, substantial claims.
Are you getting all your discounts?
Insurance can cost an arm and a leg, but you may find discounts that many people don’t even know exist. A few discounts will automatically apply at the time of quoting, but a few need to be asked about prior to receiving the credit.
- Employee of Federal Government – Employees or retirees of the government can earn a discount up to 10% on CX-3 insurance with certain companies.
- Use Seat Belts – Drivers who require all occupants to use a seat belt could save 15% off your PIP or medical payments premium.
- Auto/Life Discount – Some companies give a discount if you purchase life insurance.
- Safe Drivers – Drivers who don’t get into accidents may receive a discount up to 45% less on CX-3 insurance than drivers with accident claims.
- No Charge for an Accident – A handful of insurance companies will forgive one accident without raising rates if you are claim-free for a certain period of time.
- Paperless Signup – A few companies may give you up to $50 for buying your policy on their website.
- Driver Safety – Taking part in a course in driver safety can save you 5% or more if you qualify.
- Save over 55 – If you’re over the age of 55, you can possibly qualify for a small decrease in premiums on CX-3 insurance.
- Save with a New Car – Adding a new car to your policy is cheaper compared to insuring an older model.
Drivers should understand that some credits don’t apply the whole policy. Some only reduce specific coverage prices like medical payments or collision. Just because it seems like all those discounts means the company will pay you, companies wouldn’t make money that way. But any discount will reduce the amount you have to pay.
For a list of providers offering auto insurance discounts, follow this link.
When might I need an agent?
When it comes to choosing the right insurance coverage, there really is not a cookie cutter policy. Everyone’s needs are different.
Here are some questions about coverages that may help you determine if you may require specific advice.
- Does my liability insurance cover pulling a trailer or camper?
- What if I don’t agree with a claim settlement offer?
- I don’t drive much so do I pay less?
- What exactly is covered by my policy?
- Is my teenager covered with friends in the car?
- Where can I find high-risk insurance?
- Are my friends covered when driving my car?
- Am I covered if I crash into my own garage door?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but one or more may apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, fill out this quick form.
Auto insurance specifics
Knowing the specifics of a auto insurance policy helps when choosing which coverages you need and the correct deductibles and limits. Auto insurance terms can be ambiguous and coverage can change by endorsement.
Comprehensive coverages – Comprehensive insurance pays to fix your vehicle from damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You first must pay your deductible and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against things like damage from getting keyed, falling objects, vandalism and hitting a deer. The maximum payout a auto insurance company will pay at claim time is the cash value of the vehicle, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible consider dropping full coverage.
Liability insurance – Liability coverage can cover damage that occurs to other’s property or people. It protects YOU against other people’s claims, and does not provide coverage for damage to your own property or vehicle.
Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. Your policy might show policy limits of 100/300/100 that translate to a $100,000 limit per person for injuries, a per accident bodily injury limit of $300,000, and a limit of $100,000 paid for damaged property. Some companies may use a combined limit which provides one coverage limit and claims can be made without the split limit restrictions.
Liability coverage pays for things like attorney fees, emergency aid and medical expenses. How much liability coverage do you need? That is a decision to put some thought into, but you should buy higher limits if possible.
Coverage for medical payments – Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP kick in for bills for things like hospital visits, prosthetic devices, rehabilitation expenses and funeral costs. They are used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance program or if you lack health insurance entirely. Medical payments and PIP cover you and your occupants and will also cover getting struck while a pedestrian. PIP coverage is only offered in select states but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Uninsured and underinsured coverage – Your UM/UIM coverage provides protection when the “other guys” either have no liability insurance or not enough. Covered losses include hospital bills for your injuries and also any damage incurred to your 2016 Mazda CX-3.
Due to the fact that many drivers carry very low liability coverage limits, it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is a good idea. Most of the time these limits do not exceed the liability coverage limits.
Collision – This pays for damage to your CX-3 from colliding with another car or object. You first must pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision can pay for things such as driving through your garage door, sideswiping another vehicle, colliding with a tree, hitting a parking meter and scraping a guard rail. This coverage can be expensive, so you might think about dropping it from vehicles that are 8 years or older. It’s also possible to choose a higher deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
A fool and his money are soon parted
We’ve covered a lot of ways to get a better price on 2016 Mazda CX-3 insurance. The most important thing to understand is the more providers you compare, the better chance you’ll have of finding lower rates. Drivers may discover the best prices are with an unexpected company.
Lower-priced insurance is available from both online companies and with local insurance agents, so you should compare both so you have a total pricing picture. Some insurance providers do not offer online price quotes and these small, regional companies work with independent agents.
When trying to cut insurance costs, do not skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There are too many instances where someone sacrificed full coverage only to discover later that the small savings ended up costing them much more. The ultimate goal is to find the BEST coverage at an affordable rate, not the least amount of coverage.
Even more information is located by following these links:
- What Does No-Fault Insurance Cover? (Allstate)
- Drunk Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Understanding Limits and Deductibles (Allstate)
- What to do at the Scene of an Accident (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Your Car has been Stolen: Now What? (Allstate)
Frequently Asked Questions
Will my insurance rates be affected by my location or ZIP code?
Yes, insurance rates can vary based on your location due to factors like population density, crime rates, and local regulations.
Can I get insurance coverage for pulling a trailer or camper with my Mazda CX-3?
Yes, you can typically add coverage for trailers or campers to your policy, but it’s important to check with your insurer to ensure proper coverage.
What should I do if I disagree with a claim settlement offer?
If you have concerns about a claim settlement, you should contact your insurance company and discuss the issue with them directly.
What does my auto insurance policy cover exactly?
Your auto insurance policy typically covers liability for property damage and bodily injury, as well as optional coverages like comprehensive and collision.
Are my teenage passengers covered by my insurance when driving my Mazda CX-3?
Generally, your insurance policy should cover passengers in your vehicle, including teenagers. However, it’s essential to review your policy for specific details.
Where can I find high-risk insurance for my Mazda CX-3?
High-risk insurance, also known as non-standard insurance, is often available through specialized insurers. You can inquire with your current insurer or search for companies that cater to high-risk drivers.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2024
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2024
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Chevrolet Equinox Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Toyota Prius Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area