2020 Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Apr 9, 2020
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Average insurance rates for a 2020 Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD are $1,634 a year with full coverage. Comprehensive costs on average $384 a year, collision insurance costs $630, and liability coverage costs around $440. Buying a liability-only policy costs as low as $510 a year, and high-risk insurance costs around $3,518. Teen drivers receive the highest rates at up to $5,976 a year.
Annual premium for full coverage: $1,634
Rate estimates for 2020 Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD Insurance
Rate data is compiled from all 50 U.S. states and averaged for all 2020 Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD models. Rates are based on a 40-year-old male driver, $500 comprehensive and collision deductibles, and a clean driving record. Remaining premium consists of UM/UIM coverage, Medical/PIP, and policy fees.
Price Range by Coverage and Risk
For a 40-year-old driver, prices range range from as low as $510 for just liability coverage to a high of $3,518 for high-risk insurance.
These differences demonstrate why it is important for drivers to compare prices based on a specific location and risk profile, rather than using price averages.
Use the form below to get rates for your location.
Enter your zip code below to view companies based on your location that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Recommended Companies for Cheap 2020 Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD Insurance
Looking for the cheapest insurance rates for your Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD? Are you tired of wondering where the money will come from to keep your car insured? You are no different than the majority of other consumers. Consumers have so many insurance companies to buy insurance from, and even though it’s nice to have a selection, so many choices can make it hard to compare rates and find the lowest cost insurance.
Choosing the best insurance company for you is easy if you know what you’re doing. If you have insurance now or are just looking to switch companies, you can follow these tips to shop for the lowest rates while maximizing coverage. Consumers only need an understanding of the most efficient way to compare rates on the web.
First Step: Get free insurance quotes
Shopping for lower insurance rates can be a daunting task if you aren’t aware of the fastest way to get free quotes. You can spend countless hours talking about coverages with agents in your area, or you could save time and use online quoting to get pricing more quickly.
All the larger companies participate in a marketplace that allows shoppers to submit one quote, and each company then returns a price quote based on that data. This prevents consumers from doing quotation requests for each company. To submit your quote information now, enter your zip code here.
The one disadvantage to pricing coverage this way is you don’t know exactly which providers to receive prices from. So if you prefer to pick from a list of companies to compare prices, we have assembled a list of the cheapest insurance companies in your area. Click to enter zip code.
It’s up to you how you get prices quotes, just try to keep apples-to-apples coverage limits for each price quote. If you use differing limits you will not be able to determine the best price for your Chevy Silverado 3500HD.
Insurance coverage quotes and discounts
Some insurers do not list every possible discount very well, so we took the time to find both the well known and the harder-to-find savings tricks you should be using when you buy car insurance online.
- Federal Government Employee – Simply working for the federal government can earn a discount up to 10% for SilveradoHD coverage but check with your company.
- Accident Forgiveness Coverage – This isn’t a discount exactly, but companies like GEICO, Progressive, and Allstate allow you one accident without the usual rate increase if you have no claims for a specific time period.
- Telematics Data – Drivers who elect to allow companies to scrutinize driving patterns by using a small device installed in their vehicle such as Progressive’s Snapshot and State Farm’s In-Drive might see lower rates as long as they are good drivers.
- Clubs and Organizations – Being in certain professional organizations is a good way to get lower rates on insurance coverage.
- No Claim Discounts – Drivers with accident-free driving histories pay less as opposed to accident-prone drivers.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Not every insurance company offers life insurance, but if they do you may earn lower prices if you buy auto and life insurance together.
It’s important to understand that some credits don’t apply to all coverage premiums. Most cut the cost of specific coverages such as comprehensive or collision. Despite the fact that it seems like adding up those discounts means a free policy, insurance coverage companies aren’t that generous.
Auto insurance companies that may offer most of the discounts above are:
If you are trying to find inexpensive car insurance quotes, ask all the companies what discounts are available to you. Some of the discounts discussed earlier may not apply to policyholders in your area. To view insurance coverage companies that offer multiple discounts, enter your zip code here.
Components of your Chevy Silverado 3500HD insurance rates
One of the most helpful ways to save on insurance is to to have a grasp of some of the factors that aid in calculating your premiums. If you have a feel for what influences your rates, this helps enable you to make changes that could result in lower premium levels.
- Bundle and save – The majority of companies apply discounts to clients who consolidate policies with them. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. Even with this discount applied, it’s in your best interest to compare rates to make sure you are getting the best deal.
- Do you know you’re credit history? – A driver’s credit score is a large factor in calculating your premium rate. If your credit can use some improvement, you could be paying less to insure your 2020 Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD by spending a little time repairing your credit. Consumers who have very high credit ratings tend to be more responsible and file fewer claims than drivers with poor credit.
- Safer cars save money – Vehicles with high crash test scores are cheaper to insure. Vehicles engineered for safety help reduce the chance of injuries in an accident and fewer serious injuries translates into savings for insurance companies which can mean better rates for you.
- Save money with theft deterrents – Choosing to buy a car that has a built-in theft deterrent system can save you a little every year. Anti-theft devices such as vehicle immobilizer systems, General Motors OnStar and LoJack tracking systems all help prevent car theft.
- Avoid unnecessary add-on coverages – Policies have extra coverages that can waste your money on your insurance policy. Insurance for replacement cost coverage, high-cost glass coverage, and term life insurance may be wasting your money. The coverages may be enticing initially, but if you don’t need them eliminate them to save money.
- Age of drivers – Older people are viewed as being more responsible, tend to cause fewer accidents , and usually have better credit.Inexperience drivers are proven to be inattentive with other occupants in the car and because of this, their insurance rates are much higher.
- Your location is important – Having an address in less populated areas of the country can save you money when buying insurance. Less people translates into fewer accident claims and also fewer theft and vandalism claims. Urban drivers have to deal with more road rage incidents and higher rates of accident claims. The longer drive time can result in more accidents.
Situations that may require an agent’s advice
When choosing the best auto insurance coverage, there isn’t really a single plan that fits everyone. Everyone’s needs are different so your insurance needs to address that. For instance, these questions can help discover if your situation might need an agent’s assistance.
- Do I need roadside assistance coverage?
- Does my policy pay for OEM or aftermarket parts?
- If my 2020 Chevy Silverado 3500HD is totaled, can I afford another vehicle?
- Am I covered when driving someone else’s vehicle?
- How can I get high-risk coverage after a DUI?
- Are rock chip repairs covered?
- Does my liability insurance cover pulling a trailer or camper?
- Is there coverage for injuries to my pets?
- Are all vehicle passengers covered by medical payments coverage?
- Do I need motorclub coverage?
If you’re not sure about those questions but one or more may apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to an agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, take a second and enter your zip code. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and can provide invaluable advice.
Detailed coverages of your car insurance policy
Understanding the coverages of your policy can be of help when determining the best coverages and proper limits and deductibles. The coverage terms in a policy can be difficult to understand and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording. Below you’ll find the usual coverages available from car insurance companies.
Uninsured and underinsured coverage
This coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants when other motorists either have no liability insurance or not enough. Covered claims include injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants and damage to your Chevy Silverado 3500HD.
Because many people only purchase the least amount of liability that is required, it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is important protection for you and your family.
Collision insurance pays for damage to your Silverado 3500HD resulting from a collision with an object or car. You will need to pay your deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision coverage pays for things such as scraping a guard rail, backing into a parked car, driving through your garage door, sideswiping another vehicle and sustaining damage from a pot hole. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so you might think about dropping it from older vehicles. You can also choose a higher deductible in order to get cheaper collision rates.
This coverage pays for damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. A deductible will apply and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for things such as hitting a deer, hail damage, a tree branch falling on your vehicle, falling objects and damage from getting keyed. The highest amount you’ll receive from a claim is the market value of your vehicle, so if the vehicle is not worth much consider dropping full coverage.
Auto liability insurance
Liability insurance can cover damage or injury you incur to a person or their property that is your fault. It protects you against claims from other people. Liability doesn’t cover damage to your own property or vehicle.
Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. As an example, you may have values of 100/300/100 that means you have a limit of $100,000 per injured person, $300,000 for the entire accident, and a limit of $100,000 paid for damaged property.
Liability coverage pays for claims such as funeral expenses, bail bonds, emergency aid and loss of income. How much coverage you buy is a decision to put some thought into, but you should buy as much as you can afford.
Coverage for medical payments
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance pay for expenses for things like chiropractic care, doctor visits, nursing services and EMT expenses. They can be used to fill the gap from your health insurance program or if you lack health insurance entirely. Medical payments and PIP cover both the driver and occupants in addition to if you are hit as a while walking down the street. PIP is not available in all states but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Get your money’s worth
When you buy car insurance online, never buy less coverage just to save a little money. There are many occasions where drivers have reduced uninsured motorist or liability limits to discover at claim time that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. Your objective should be to buy the best coverage you can find at an affordable rate but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
We just covered some good ideas how to compare 2020 Chevy Silverado 3500HD insurance rates online. The key concept to understand is the more rate comparisons you have, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even find the biggest savings come from a smaller regional carrier. Regional companies can often provide lower car insurance rates in certain areas compared to the large companies like Progressive and GEICO.
More detailed insurance coverage information can be read at these sites:
Rates by U.S. City
|New York City, NY||$2,586|
|Los Angeles, CA||$2,796|
Need a specific model?
Choose your model and trim below
Rates by Driver Age
Full coverage, $500 deductibles
Rates by Deductible
Full coverage, driver age 40
Rates by Liability Limit
Full coverage, driver age 40
Rates for High Risk Drivers
Full coverage, $500 deductibles, two speeding tickets, and one at-fault accident
If a financial responsibility filing is required, the additional charge below may also apply.
Potential Rate Discounts
If you qualify for discounts, you may save the amounts shown below.
|5-yr Accident Free||$120|
|5-yr Claim Free||$105|
|Paid in Full/EFT||$75|
Discounts are estimated and may not be available from every company or in every state.