Mazda Mazda MX-5-Miata Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: May 1, 2020
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Trying to find low-cost insurance for your Mazda MX-5 Miata RF can turn out to be difficult, but you can follow the following methods to make it easier. There is a right way and a wrong way to buy insurance coverage and you need to know the absolute fastest way to compare rates on a Mazda and find the best price possible.
Choosing the best insurance company for you is not rocket science. If you are insured now or are shopping for new coverage, you will benefit by learning to find the best rates while maximizing coverage. Vehicle owners only need an understanding of the proper way to shop over the internet.
How you can control Mazda MX-5 Miata RF insurance costs
Many factors are taken into consideration when you get your auto insurance bill. Some are pretty understandable like an MVR report, but other factors are less obvious such as your credit history or your vehicle rating.An important part of buying insurance is that you know some of the factors that come into play when calculating your premiums. If you have some idea of what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this helps enable you to make changes that could result in big savings.
- Extra coverages you don’t use – Insurance companies have many additional extra coverages you can purchase on your insurance coverage policy. Insurance for coverage for rental cars, accident forgiveness, and additional equipment coverage may not be needed and are just wasting money. These coverages may sound good when deciding what coverages you need, but if you have no use for them get rid of them and save.
- Vehicles with better crash test results means cheaper insurance – Safe vehicles tend to have better insurance rates. Vehicles built for safety have better occupant injury protection and better occupant protection means lower claim amounts and cheaper rates on your policy.
- Vehicle features can affect rates – Purchasing a vehicle with advanced anti-theft systems can get you a discount on your insurance coverage. Theft prevention features such as LoJack tracking devices, vehicle tamper alarm systems or GM’s OnStar system all aid in stopping car theft and help bring rates down.
- Premiums drop with age – Teen drivers are known to be less responsible in a vehicle so they pay higher insurance coverage rates. If you’ve ever had to add a young driver onto a policy can break the bank. Older insureds are proven to be safer behind the wheel, file fewer claims , and are generally more financially stable.
- Gender matters – Statistics have proven that women are safer drivers than men. It does not mean women are better drivers. Women and men cause auto accidents at a similar rate, but the men cause more damage and cost insurance companies more money. They also have more aggressive citations like DUI and reckless driving. Youthful male drivers generally have the highest accident percentage and thus pay the highest rates.
- Save money by raising coverage deductibles – Your deductibles are the amount of money you are required to spend if you file a covered claim. Insurance for physical damage, also called comprehensive and collision insurance, insures against damage to your car. Some instances where coverage would apply are collision with another vehicle, animal collisions, and damage caused by road hazards. The more money the insured has to pay upfront, the bigger discount you will receive for MX-5 Miata RF insurance.
- Lower premiums with continuous insurance coverage coverage – Allowing your insurance coverage policy to lapse is a sure-fire way to drive up your policy premiums. In addition to paying higher rates, getting caught without coverage may earn you a hefty fine and possibly a revoked license.
- Save money by having multiple policies – Lots of companies afford a discount to insureds that have more than one policy. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. Discounts can add up to ten or even up to twenty percent in some cases. Even if you already get this discount, you still need to compare other insurance prices to help ensure you have the lowest rates.
How much is auto insurance?
Getting a cheap price on 2020 Mazda MX-5 Miata RF insurance is a great way to save money. You just have to take a couple of minutes getting comparison quotes to discover which company has the cheapest car insurance quotes. It’s really simple and can be done using a couple different methods.
- The easiest and least time consuming way to compare a lot of rates at once is an all-inclusive rate comparison. This type of form eliminates the need for separate quotation requests for every auto insurance company. In just a few minutes this one form gets rate comparisons direct from many companies. Recommended for those who want to invest the least amount of time.
- A more difficult way to compare rate quotes consists of visiting each individual company website and request a quote. For sake of this example, we’ll assume you want to compare rates from GEICO, Farmers and Allstate. To get each rate you have to go to each individual site and enter your information, which can take a lot of time.
The method you choose is up to you, but compare apples-to-apples coverages and limits with every price quote. If you enter different values for each quote it will be impossible to determine the lowest rate for your Mazda MX-5 Miata RF.
Will you really save $463 on insurance?
Consumers get pounded daily by advertisements that promise big savings for switching from the likes of State Farm and Allstate. All the ads convey the message that drivers can save some big amount if you get a free car insurance quote and switch your insurance coverage to their company.
How does every insurance company charge you less for car insurance? It’s all in the words they use.
Insurance companies require specific criteria for the type of customer that earns them the most money. For example, a desirable risk should be between the ages of 30 and 45, has had continuous coverage, and chooses high deductibles. A driver that hits that “sweet spot” will get the preferred premium rates and will probably save some money.
Consumers who are not a match for the requirements will see a more expensive rate and business going elsewhere. If you pay close attention to the ads, they say “people that switch” not “everyone who quotes” can get the lowest rates when switching. That’s the way companies can truthfully make it sound like they have such great car insurance rates. This really drives home the point why drivers must get as many free car insurance quotes as possible. It’s just not possible to know which insurance company will have the lowest rates for your situation.
Take policy discounts and save
Some insurers don’t list all available discounts very clearly, so the next list breaks down a few of the more well known and the more hidden savings tricks you should be using when you buy car insurance online.
- Government Employees – Being employed by or retired from a federal job can earn a discount up to 10% for MX-5 Miata RF insurance with select insurance companies.
- Telematics Devices – People who choose to allow driving data collection to spy on when and where they use their vehicle by using a telematic data system such as In-Drive from State Farm or Allstate’s Drivewise system could possibly reduce rates if they are good drivers.
- Driver Training Discounts – Passing a safe driver course could cut 5% off your bill and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- Claim-Free Discount – Insureds with no claims or accidents can earn big discounts as compared to frequent claim filers.
- Driver’s Ed – Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to complete a driver education course in school or through a local driver safety program.
Please keep in mind that some credits don’t apply to the entire policy premium. Most only apply to individual premiums such as collision or personal injury protection. So despite the fact that it appears all those discounts means the company will pay you, nobody gets a free ride.
A few of the larger companies and some of the discounts are detailed below.
- State Farm includes discounts for multiple autos, accident-free, driver’s education, defensive driving training, and safe vehicle.
- Progressive has savings for good student, homeowner, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, online signing, continuous coverage, and online quote discount.
- Travelers may offer discounts for good student, multi-car, student away at school, multi-policy, hybrid/electric vehicle, payment discounts, and driver training.
- American Family policyholders can earn discounts including TimeAway discount, multi-vehicle, Steer into Savings, accident-free, good student, defensive driver, and good driver.
- Liberty Mutual may include discounts for multi-policy, exclusive group savings, safety features, newly married, preferred payment discount, and good student.
When quoting, ask all companies you are considering how you can save money. Savings may not be offered in every state. To locate providers with significant discounts, enter your zip code here.
Which policy gives me the best coverage?
When it comes to buying the best insurance coverage coverage for your vehicles, there really is not a “perfect” insurance plan. Every insured’s situation is different.
These are some specific questions may help you determine if your insurance needs might need professional guidance.
- What should my uninsured motorist coverage limits be in my state?
- Am I covered if I hit my neighbor’s mailbox?
- What can I do if my company won’t pay a claim?
- How do I insure my teen driver?
- Where can I find DUI or SR-22 insurance?
- Can I drive in Mexico and have coverage?
If you can’t answer these questions but one or more may apply to you, you might consider talking to an agent. If you don’t have a local agent, simply complete your zip code. It only takes a few minutes and can provide invaluable advice.
Auto insurance coverage information
Learning about specific coverages of your policy can help you determine the best coverages and proper limits and deductibles. The coverage terms in a policy can be ambiguous and nobody wants to actually read their policy.
Medical payments coverage and PIP
Med pay and PIP coverage provide coverage for expenses such as ambulance fees, chiropractic care and pain medications. The coverages can be utilized in addition to your health insurance policy or if you lack health insurance entirely. Coverage applies to you and your occupants and also covers if you are hit as a while walking down the street. PIP coverage is not available in all states and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Collision coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage resulting from a collision with an object or car. A deductible applies and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision can pay for things such as driving through your garage door, colliding with a tree and damaging your car on a curb. This coverage can be expensive, so consider dropping it from vehicles that are 8 years or older. Drivers also have the option to raise the deductible in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Comprehensive insurance will pay to fix damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You first have to pay a deductible and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for things such as vandalism, damage from a tornado or hurricane, hail damage and rock chips in glass. The maximum payout a auto insurance company will pay at claim time is the cash value of the vehicle, so if the vehicle’s value is low consider removing comprehensive coverage.
This coverage will cover damage or injury you incur to people or other property that is your fault. It protects YOU from legal claims by others. It does not cover your own vehicle damage or injuries.
It consists of three limits, bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. As an example, you may have policy limits of 50/100/50 that means you have a limit of $50,000 per injured person, $100,000 for the entire accident, and property damage coverage for $50,000.
Liability can pay for claims such as loss of income, legal defense fees, structural damage, repair bills for other people’s vehicles and medical expenses. How much coverage you buy is your choice, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as high a limit as you can afford.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants from other drivers when they either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. Covered claims include injuries to you and your family as well as damage to your Mazda MX-5 Miata RF.
Since a lot of drivers have only the minimum liability required by law, it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is a good idea.
Cheaper insurance is a realistic goal
We just showed you some good ideas how you can save on 2020 Mazda MX-5 Miata RF insurance. The key thing to remember is the more rate quotes you have, the higher your chance of finding inexpensive car insurance. You may even discover the most savings is with a smaller regional carrier.
As you quote car insurance, it’s not a good idea to reduce needed coverages to save money. In many cases, an insured cut physical damage coverage only to find out they didn’t have enough coverage. Your focus should be to buy enough coverage at a price you can afford, but do not skimp to save money.
Insureds change insurance companies for many reasons like lack of trust in their agent, extreme rates for teen drivers, high rates after DUI convictions and even an unsatisfactory settlement offer. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, choosing a new insurance company is not as hard as you think.
Even more information can be found at these sites:
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- What does Personal Injury Protection (PIP) Cover? (Allstate)
- Things to Know Before you Cancel Insurance (Allstate)
- Understanding Rental Car Insurance (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Insuring a Leased Car (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Senior Drivers (Insurance Information Insitute)
Frequently Asked Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Ford Focus Insurance
- Toyota Tacoma Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Jeep Grand Cherokee Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area