Compare 2020 Volkswagen Jetta Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Jun 27, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Looking for better car insurance rates for your Volkswagen Jetta? Having to pay for expensive 2020 Volkswagen Jetta Insurance can sap your budget and force you to make sacrifices. Getting a rate comparison is recommended to make ends meet.
Because you have many insurance providers from which to choose, it can be hard to find the most affordable company.
Consumers should take time to quote other rates once or twice a year since prices are adjusted regularly by insurance companies. Even if you got the best rates on Jetta insurance on your last policy, you will most likely find a better premium rate today. Forget all the misinformation about car insurance because I’m going to teach you the best way to find better rates and still maintain coverage.
Low-cost 2020 Volkswagen Jetta Insurance prices
Lowering your 2020 Volkswagen Jetta car insurance cost is a fairly straight forward process. The only requirement is to spend a little time getting comparison quotes from online providers. This is very easy and can be done in a couple of different ways.
- One of the best ways to get quotes for comparison would be an industry-wide quote request form. This quick form saves time by eliminating repetitive form submissions for every car insurance company. One form submission gets you price quotes from many national carriers.
- Another way to get comparison quotes requires a visit to the website for every company you want to compare and request a quote. For sake of this example, we’ll pretend you want to compare rates from USAA, Farmers and American Family. You would be required to go to each individual site to enter your coverage information, which can get old fast.
The approach you take is up to you. Just double check that you are using equivalent coverage and limits on every price quote you get. If you enter different limits and deductibles on each one, it will be nearly impossible to find the best deal for your Volkswagen Jetta.
Beware of Misleading Insurance Coverage ads
Drivers can’t escape the ads that claim the cheapest car insurance rates from companies such as State Farm, Allstate and GEICO. All the ads have a common claim of big savings after switching your policy.
That’s great, but how can every company give you a better price? It’s all in the wording.
All companies have strict underwriting profiles for the type of driver that will be a good risk. One example of a profitable insured may need to be between 30 and 50, have a clean driving record, and drive less than 7,500 miles a year. Any customer who matches that profile will get the preferred rates and will most likely save some money.
Insureds who don’t meet the “perfect” profile will be quoted a more expensive rate and this results in the customer buying from a different company. The wording the ads use say “people who switch” not “everyone who quotes” save the amount stated. That’s why companies can truthfully make claims like that. Because of the profiling, drivers should compare quotes as often as possible. It’s impossible to know which insurance coverage company will have the best premium rates for your profile.
Are you earning any discount?
Some companies don’t always list every policy discount in an easy-to-find place, so the list below gives a summary of a few of the more well known as well as some hidden ways to save on insurance.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Cars, trucks, and SUVs that have steering control and anti-lock brakes are safer to drive and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Telematics Devices – Drivers who elect to allow their insurance company to spy on their driving manner by using a small device installed in their vehicle such as Snapshot from Progressive or Drivewise from Allstate may see discounts as long as they are good drivers.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Low annual miles may enable drivers to earn lower rates due to a lower chance of an accident.
- Memberships – Joining qualifying employment or professional organizations could qualify you for a break on your bill.
- Life Insurance Discount – Select insurance companies reward you with a small discount if you purchase auto and life insurance together.
- Senior Citizens – Drivers that qualify as senior citizens may receive a small discount on rates on Jetta insurance.
- Waiver for an Accident – but companies like GEICO, State Farm, and Progressive will forgive one accident before raising your premiums if your claim’s history is clear for a set time period.
- Defensive Driver Discounts – Taking a defensive driving course could possibly earn you a 5% discount and also improve your driving technique.
- Paper-free Discount – Some larger companies will give you a small discount for completing your application on the web.
- Multi-Vehicle Discounts – Insuring all your vehicles on the same insurance policy can get a discount on all vehicles.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Policy discounts save money, but some credits don’t apply to the entire policy premium. Some only apply to specific coverage prices like medical payments or collisions. So when the math indicates you could get a free insurance policy, you aren’t that lucky. Any amount of discount should help reduce your overall bill.
Large insurance companies and some of the premium reductions they offer are included below.
- State Farm has discounts for good students, anti-theft, students away at school, accident-free, Steer Clear safe driver discount, safe vehicle, and good driver.
- Liberty Mutual may include discounts for teen driver discount, multi-car, exclusive group savings, multi-policy, new move discount, new vehicle discount, and preferred payment discount.
- American Family offers premium reductions for airbags, Steer into Savings, accident-free, good student, TimeAway discount, and bundled insurance.
- Progressive policyholders can earn discounts including multi-vehicle, multi-policy, online signing, continuous coverage, and online quote discount.
- Farmers Insurance includes discounts for alternative fuel, pay in full, distant students, youthful driver’s bundle discounts, multi-car, and teen drivers.
- Auto-Owners Insurance may have discounts that include airbags, good student, safe driver, multi-policy, safe vehicle, and anti-theft.
- SAFECO offers discounts including multi-car, anti-lock brakes, teen safe driver, accident prevention training, drive less, and homeowner.
If you want cheap insurance coverage quotes, ask each company or agent to give you their best rates. Depending on the company, some discounts may not be offered in your area.
When in Doubt, Talk to an Agent
When it comes to buying coverage for your personal vehicles, there is no perfect coverage plan. Every insured’s situation is different, so your insurance should reflect that For example, these questions might point out whether you could use an agent’s help.
- Is a blown tire covered by insurance?
- Do I have coverage when making deliveries for my home business?
- When do I need to add a new car to my policy?
- Do I pay less if my vehicle is kept in my garage?
- Am I covered if I drive in a foreign country?
- Does insurance cover damages from a DUI accident?
- How much underlying liability do I need for an umbrella policy?
- When should I buy a commercial auto policy?
- Do I need roadside assistance coverage?
If you can’t answer these questions, but you know they apply to you, you might consider talking to a licensed agent. To find an agent in your area, simply complete your zip code. It only takes a few minutes and may give you better protection.
Insurance Coverage Explained
Understanding the coverage of your policy can help you determine the best coverage at the best deductibles and correct limits. The terms used in a policy can be confusing and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording. These are typical coverages available from insurance companies.
Uninsured and underinsured coverage – This coverage provides protection when the “other guys” either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. This coverage pays for hospital bills for your injuries as well as damage to your 2020 Volkswagen Jetta.
Since a lot of drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is very important.
Collision – This will pay to fix damage to your Jetta resulting from colliding with an object or car. You have to pay a deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision can pay for things such as hitting a mailbox, rolling your car and backing into a parked car. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage for older vehicles. It’s also possible to choose a higher deductible to save money on collision insurance.
Coverage for medical payments – Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP kicks in for short-term medical expenses such as chiropractic care, funeral costs, ambulance fees and pain medications. They are utilized in addition to your health insurance program or if you do not have health coverage. They cover all vehicle occupants and will also cover you if you are hit while walking down the street. Personal Injury Protection is only offered in select states and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Liability insurance – This coverage protects you from damage that occurs to people or other property. It protects YOU against claims from other people. Liability doesn’t cover damage to your own property or vehicle.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. Your policy might show limits of 100/300/100 that translate to $100,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a total of $300,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and property damage coverage for $100,000.
Liability can pay for claims such as repair costs for stationary objects, repair bills for other people’s vehicles, bail bonds and court costs. How much coverage you buy is up to you, but buy as high a limit as you can afford.
Comprehensive coverages – This coverage covers damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You first must pay your deductible and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for claims like hitting a deer, damage from a tornado or hurricane, damage from getting keyed, rock chips in glass and a tree branch falling on your vehicle. The highest amount a insurance company will pay at claim time is the actual cash value, so if the vehicle is not worth much it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Compare 2020 Volkswagen Jetta Insurance Rates: Bottom Line
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, do not buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There have been many situations where an insured person cut uninsured motorist or liability limits and learned later that it was a big error on their part. The aim is to buy the best coverage you can find at the best price, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
Cheap 2020 Volkswagen Jetta insurance can be sourced on the web in addition to local insurance agencies, and you need to price shop both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some insurance companies do not offer rate quotes online and, most of the time, these regional insurance providers provide coverage only through independent agents.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will GEICO insure a car not in my name?
- What is covered in a Jeep powertrain warranty?
- Are Jeeps more expensive to insure?
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Hyundai Santa Fe Insurance
- Nissan Altima Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Kia Forte Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area