Liberty Mutual RightTrack Review: How Much Can You Save (2021)
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Jun 23, 2021
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
- Liberty Mutual RighTrack monitors your driving habits for 90 days through an app
- Discounts are up to 30%, depending on how well you drive
- Your rates won’t be increased for poor driving
- You can only sign up for RightTrack when you start your auto insurance policy with Liberty Mutual
Liberty Mutual RightTrack is a telematics program that offers you car insurance discounts based on safe driving habits. Better driving equals cheap car insurance.
Discounts through RightTrack are good for the life of your car insurance policy, and your rates won’t increase if you have poor driving habits.
Your vehicle year and model certainly affect your rates, but it could also disqualify you from certain usage-based programs, but you can still get affordable car insurance quotes.
Shop around before you buy car insurance since each company will offer different programs. Before beginning this Liberty Mutual RighTrack review, enter your ZIP code now to compare car insurance quotes to your current car insurance rates.
How does Liberty Mutual RightTrack work?
RightTrack is very easy to use. You have to sign up for RightTrack when you activate your car insurance policy with Liberty Mutual. Then you simply download the app and use your Liberty Mutual login to create your account.
The app will run in the background on your phone and evaluate your driving habits. The behaviors tracked are:
- Time of day
- Miles driven
The downsides are that the app does use your battery and data, which can cost you money if you don’t have a good data plan. Also, the app does store your data, which can lead to some privacy concerns.
Do you know how to trick Liberty Mutual RightTrack? Even if you try, the bigger advantage is that it makes you more aware of your driving habits.
According to the Insurance Information Institute, one of the main advantages of telematics is that it provides immediate feedback, causing you to adjust your driving habits quickly.
Is Liberty Mutual’s RightTrack program worth it?
Will your Liberty Mutual RightTrack car insurance quotes be affected that much? Well, there are pros and cons when it comes to a program like RightTrack and it may not be for everyone.
Pros for using RightTrack include:
- The program is free and easy to use
- If you drive safely, you will save money on your auto insurance
- Any discount you receive is for the life of your policy
- You will pay more attention to your driving and improve any poor habits you might have picked up
Cons of using RightTrack are:
- The app does use your data, so if you don’t have a good data plan in place, it can actually cost you money
- You only have 90 days to show good driving habits
- RightTrack isn’t available in every state. You can’t get RightTrack in Arkansas, California, Delaware, Hawaii, North Carolina, and Washington D.C.
- Your data is tracked which can compromise your privacy
- Liberty Mutual generally has more expensive car insurance rates to start with
If you still aren’t quite sure you want to try RightTrack, call Liberty Mutual customer service using the Liberty Mutual phone number.
Liberty Mutual RightTrack reviews are generally mixed, but company ratings are fairly high. This car insurance company has good Better Business Bureau ratings and is financially stable.
Liberty Mutual is one of the best insurance companies when it comes to ratings. But, that doesn’t mean it’s right for you. Other programs, like GEICO DriveEasy or Progressive Snapshot, are similar to RightTrack but may offer you lower rates.
Although RightTrack could help you get more affordable car insurance, you still need to make sure it’s the best deal for you. Now that you’ve finished this Liberty Mutual RightTrack review, compare quotes from other companies by entering your ZIP code.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How Much Does Car Insurance Cost?
- Cheap Car Insurance: Myth or Reality?
- Will a Speeding Ticket Raise My Car Insurance Rates?
- Car Insurance Rates 2018: Why are Prices Increasing?
- How Much Does Car Insurance Cost for a 16 Year Old?
- Which Cars are Cheapest to Insure?
- Does a Teenager with a Learner’s Permit Need to be Listed on my Policy?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Toyota Highlander Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Toyota Tacoma Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Ford Edge Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area