1990 Buick Riviera Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Mar 3, 2020
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Trying to find lower insurance coverage rates for your Buick Riviera? Are you overwhelmed by the crazy number of insurance coverage company choices? You’re not alone. People have so many options available that it can turn into a real challenge to compare prices.
The quickest method we recommend to compare rate quotes is to realize almost all companies allow for online access to provide you with a free rate quote. To get started, all you need to do is provide the companies a bit of rating information like how old drivers are, your occupation, whether you drive to work or school, and how many miles driven. Your information is then submitted to multiple top-rated companies and they return quotes within a short period of time.
To start a quote now, click here then complete the form.
Don’t miss out on these eight money-saving discounts
Auto insurance companies don’t list every available discount in a way that’s easy to find, so the following is a list of both well-publicized as well as the least known discounts you could be receiving.
- Paperwork-free – Certain companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks for buying your policy on their website.
- Seat Belts Save – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to buckle their seat belts can save up to 15% off your medical payments premium.
- Lower Rates for Military – Being on active duty in the military may qualify for rate reductions.
- Federal Government Employee – Simply working for the federal government may qualify you for a discount on Riviera coverage with select insurance companies.
- Good Students Pay Less – This discount can earn a discount of 20% or more. Earning this discount can benefit you well after school through age 25.
- Discount for New Cars – Adding a new car to your policy can cost up to 25% less since new cars are generally safer.
- Homeowners Savings – Owning a house may earn you a small savings because of the fact that having a home shows financial diligence.
- Payment Discounts – If you pay your bill all at once rather than paying monthly you could save up to 5%.
Keep in mind that most credits do not apply to the entire policy premium. Most cut the cost of specific coverages such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. Even though it may seem like all the discounts add up to a free policy, you’re out of luck.
To see a list of insurers who offer auto insurance discounts, follow this link.
Do I need special coverages?
When choosing adequate coverage for your personal vehicles, there isn’t really a single plan that fits everyone. Every insured’s situation is different.
For example, these questions can aid in determining if you could use an agent’s help.
- When would I need rental car insurance?
- Do I have coverage for damage caused while driving under the influence?
- What is an SR-22 filing?
- When should I buy a commercial auto policy?
- Is my business laptop covered if it gets stolen from my vehicle?
- Why am I required to buy high-risk coverage?
If you can’t answer these questions then you might want to talk to a licensed agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, complete this form.
Auto insurance coverage breakdown
Knowing the specifics of your auto insurance policy helps when choosing which coverages you need and proper limits and deductibles. Policy terminology can be difficult to understand and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording.
Medical costs insurance
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP pay for bills such as X-ray expenses, dental work and hospital visits. They are utilized in addition to your health insurance program or if you lack health insurance entirely. It covers both the driver and occupants in addition to getting struck while a pedestrian. Personal Injury Protection is only offered in select states but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Comprehensive or Other Than Collision
Comprehensive insurance pays to fix your vehicle from damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You need to pay your deductible first and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive insurance covers things like fire damage, damage from flooding, damage from a tornado or hurricane, hitting a deer and vandalism. The highest amount you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the ACV or actual cash value, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Coverage for collisions
This will pay to fix damage to your Riviera from colliding with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. A deductible applies then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision coverage protects against claims such as colliding with another moving vehicle, backing into a parked car, rolling your car and sideswiping another vehicle. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so consider removing coverage from lower value vehicles. Drivers also have the option to increase the deductible to save money on collision insurance.
This coverage gives you protection from other motorists when they either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. It can pay for medical payments for you and your occupants as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Because many people only purchase the least amount of liability that is required, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. So UM/UIM coverage should not be overlooked.
This coverage protects you from damage that occurs to other’s property or people that is your fault. This insurance protects YOU from legal claims by others. It does not cover your own vehicle damage or injuries.
Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. As an example, you may have values of 50/100/50 which means $50,000 bodily injury coverage, $100,000 for the entire accident, and $50,000 of coverage for damaged property.
Liability can pay for things like emergency aid, loss of income, court costs, bail bonds and pain and suffering. How much coverage you buy is a personal decision, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as much as you can afford.
In the end, you save
Discount 1990 Buick Riviera insurance is definitely available both online as well as from independent agents, and you should compare price quotes from both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. A few companies don’t offer you the ability to get quotes online and most of the time these regional insurance providers sell through independent agents.
You just read a lot of tips how to get a better price on insurance. The key thing to remember is the more rate comparisons you have, the better chance you’ll have of finding lower rates. You may even discover the lowest rates come from a smaller regional carrier.
Drivers switch companies for many reasons like high prices, unfair underwriting practices, not issuing a premium refund or even poor customer service. It doesn’t matter what your reason, choosing a new insurance company is not as difficult as it may seem.
- Uninsured Motorist Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Red Light Cameras (State Farm)
- Child Safety Seats (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Collision Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
Frequently Asked Questions
- How Much Does Car Insurance Cost?
- Cheap Car Insurance: Myth or Reality?
- Will a Speeding Ticket Raise My Car Insurance Rates?
- Car Insurance Rates 2018: Why are Prices Increasing?
- How Much Does Car Insurance Cost for a 16 Year Old?
- Which Cars are Cheapest to Insure?
- Does a Teenager with a Learner’s Permit Need to be Listed on my Policy?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Chevrolet Impala Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Kia Forte Insurance
- Volkswagen Jetta Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area