Cheapest 1990 Chevrolet C/K 3500 Series Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: May 26, 2023
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Paying for high-priced Chevrolet C/K 3500 Series insurance can empty your savings account and put the squeeze on your family’s finances. Comparison shopping is a great way to reduce premiums and put more money in your pocket. Drivers have so many car insurance companies to pick from, and although it’s a good thing to be able to choose, having more insurance companies makes it harder to compare rates and find the lowest cost auto insurance.
You should make it a habit to check auto insurance prices at least once a year because rates change frequently. Just because you found the lowest rates on C/K Series insurance six months ago you will most likely find a better rate today. So just forget anything you know (or think you know) about auto insurance because you’re going to get a crash course in how to use online quotes to save on auto insurance.
Where Can I Get Cheap Insurance Coverage?
There are a lot of ways to compare insurance coverage quotes, but there is one way that is less time-consuming than others. You can spend countless hours driving to insurance agencies in your area, or you can utilize online quotes to maximize your effort.
Many companies belong to a marketplace where prospective buyers send in one quote, and at least one company then returns a price quote. This system prevents you from having to do quote forms to every company. To find out how much you can save on insurance coverage click here (opens in new window).
One minor caviat to using this type of system is you cannot specify the companies you want to price. If you wish to select individual companies to compare, we have assembled a list of the cheapest insurance coverage companies in your area. View list of insurance companies.
Whichever way you use, double check that you are using apples-to-apples coverage limits on every quote you get. If the quotes have different limits and deductibles on each one you can’t possibly decipher which rate is best.
Don’t overlook these discounts
Car insurance is not cheap, but companies offer discounts to help offset the cost. Most are applied when you get a quote, but a few need to be inquired about before you get the savings. If you’re not getting every credit you deserve, you’re paying more than you need to.
- Anti-lock Brake System – Vehicles equipped with ABS or steering control can avoid accidents and will save you 10% or more.
- New Car Discount – Buying coverage on a new vehicle can save up to 30% compared to insuring an older model.
- Student in College – Youth drivers who are attending college and don’t have a car may be able to be covered for less.
- Payment Discounts – If you pay your bill all at once rather than paying monthly you could save 5% or more.
- Good Student Discount – Getting good grades can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. The discount lasts up until you turn 25.
- Anti-theft System – Vehicles with anti-theft systems can help prevent theft and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Student Driver Training – Require your teen driver to complete a driver education course if it’s offered in school.
- Memberships – Belonging to certain professional organizations is a good way to get lower rates when shopping for auto insurance on C/K Series insurance.
- Accident Waiver – Some insurance companies will allow you to have one accident before hitting you with a surcharge so long as you haven’t had any claims prior to the accident.
It’s important to understand that most credits do not apply to the entire policy premium. The majority will only reduce individual premiums such as collision or personal injury protection. Even though it may seem like you could get a free auto insurance policy, you won’t be that lucky. Any amount of discount will bring down the amount you have to pay.
Car insurance companies that may have these discounts include:
- State Farm
- The Hartford
It’s a good idea to ask all companies you are considering how you can save money. Discounts may not apply everywhere.
Chevy C/K 3500 Series rates influenced by many factors
Smart consumers have a good feel for the factors that come into play when calculating car insurance rates. When you know what positively or negatively impacts premium levels helps enable you to make changes that could result in much lower annual insurance costs.
The list below includes a partial list of the pieces that factor into premiums.
- Your car’s features help determine rates – Choosing a vehicle that has an advanced theft prevention system can get you a discount on your car insurance. Anti-theft features such as GM’s OnStar, tamper alarm systems and vehicle immobilizers can thwart car theft.
- Men are more aggressive – The statistics show women are more cautious behind the wheel. Now that doesn’t mean women are better drivers. Women and men are in accidents at about the same rate, but the males tend to have more serious accidents. They also have more aggressive citations such as DWI and reckless driving.
- Better crash test results mean better rates – Cars with high safety ratings are cheaper to insure. Safe vehicles protect occupants better and any reduction in injury severity translates into savings for insurance companies passed on to you as lower rates. If your Chevy C/K 3500 Series has ratings of a minimum four stars on Safercar.gov or an “acceptable” rating on iihs.org you may qualify for a discount.
- Poor credit can mean higher rates – Having a bad credit score is a important factor in calculating your car insurance rates. Consumers who have good credit tend to be less risk to insure than drivers who have lower credit scores. So if your credit score is low, you could save money insuring your 1990 Chevrolet C/K 3500 Series by repairing your credit.
- Marriage brings a discount – Having a spouse can get you a discount on car insurance. It translates into being more mature and responsible and statistics show being married results in fewer claims.
- Discounts for multiple policies – Most insurance companies will award you with lower prices to insureds who have multiple policies with them, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. Even though this discount sounds good, it’s in your best interest to comparison shop to verify if the discount is saving money.
Is my situation unique?
When buying the best insurance coverage for your vehicles, there really is not a one size fits all plan. Each situation is unique and a cookie cutter policy won’t apply. These are some specific questions might help in determining if you will benefit from professional help.
- Do I have coverage when making deliveries for my home business?
- Am I covered if I hit a deer?
- Do I need medical payments coverage since I have good health insurance?
- Am I covered by my employer’s commercial auto policy when driving my personal car for business?
- I don’t drive much so do I pay less?
- What discounts do I qualify for?
- What is roadside assistance coverage?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but a few of them apply then you might want to talk to an insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, simply complete this short form or go to this page to view a list of companies. It only takes a few minutes and can help protect your family.
Specific coverages for a Chevy C/K 3500 Series
Understanding the coverages of car insurance can be of help when determining which coverages you need at the best deductibles and correct limits. Policy terminology can be difficult to understand and coverage can change by endorsement. These are the normal coverages available from car insurance companies.
Comprehensive auto coverage
This coverage covers damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You first must pay your deductible then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive coverage pays for things such as a broken windshield, damage from a tornado or hurricane, hitting a bird, rock chips in glass and falling objects. The maximum amount a car insurance company will pay at claim time is the cash value of the vehicle, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Medical payments and PIP coverage
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage pay for immediate expenses such as ambulance fees, doctor visits and chiropractic care. They are used to fill the gap from your health insurance policy or if there is no health insurance coverage. It covers not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants in addition to being hit by a car walking across the street. Personal Injury Protection is not universally available but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
UM/UIM (Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist) coverage
This protects you and your vehicle’s occupants from other drivers when they either have no liability insurance or not enough. Covered claims include injuries to you and your family and also any damage incurred to your Chevy C/K 3500 Series.
Because many people only carry the minimum required liability limits, it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is very important. Frequently the UM/UIM limits do not exceed the liability coverage limits.
Collision coverage protection
This coverage will pay to fix damage to your C/K 3500 Series from colliding with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You first must pay a deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision can pay for claims like hitting a mailbox, colliding with another moving vehicle and backing into a parked car. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so consider removing coverage from vehicles that are 8 years or older. It’s also possible to choose a higher deductible to save money on collision insurance.
Liability car insurance
This provides protection from injuries or damage you cause to a person or their property in an accident. It protects you against other people’s claims, and does not provide coverage for your own vehicle damage or injuries.
It consists of three limits, bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. You commonly see liability limits of 25/50/25 that translate to a $25,000 limit per person for injuries, a limit of $50,000 in injury protection per accident, and a total limit of $25,000 for damage to vehicles and property. Alternatively, you may have a combined single limit or CSL which combines the three limits into one amount and claims can be made without the split limit restrictions.
Liability insurance covers claims such as pain and suffering, medical services, medical expenses and repair costs for stationary objects. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is a personal decision, but consider buying higher limits if possible.
Better coverage you can count on
When buying insurance coverage, never buy poor coverage just to save money. Too many times, an insured dropped full coverage only to regret that it was a big mistake. The ultimate goal is to purchase a proper amount of coverage for the lowest price, not the least amount of coverage.
In this article, we covered some good ideas how you can save on 1990 Chevy C/K 3500 Series insurance. The most important thing to understand is the more companies you get rates for, the better chance you’ll have of finding lower rates. Consumers could even find that the biggest savings come from a lesser-known regional company. Smaller companies may cover specific market segments cheaper as compared to the big name companies such as Allstate, GEICO and Progressive.
- Information for Teen Drivers (GEICO)
- How to Avoid Staged Accidents (State Farm)
- What does Personal Injury Protection (PIP) Cover? (Allstate)
- Electronic Stability Control FAQ (iihs.org)
- Choosing an Insurance Company (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Older Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
Frequently Asked Questions
What factors determine the insurance rates for a 1990 Chevrolet C/K 3500 Series?
]Several factors influence the insurance rates for a 1990 Chevrolet C/K 3500 Series. These factors may include the vehicle’s age, make, model, trim level, engine size, safety features, repair costs, theft rates, and the driver’s personal information such as age, driving history, and location.
Are older vehicles like the 1990 Chevrolet C/K 3500 Series generally cheaper to insure?
Generally, older vehicles like the 1990 Chevrolet C/K 3500 Series tend to have lower insurance rates compared to newer models. This is because older vehicles typically have a lower market value and may be less expensive to repair or replace. However, other factors such as safety features, theft rates, and the driver’s profile can still impact insurance rates.
How can I find the cheapest insurance rates for my 1990 Chevrolet C/K 3500 Series?
To find the cheapest insurance rates for your 1990 Chevrolet C/K 3500 Series, consider the following steps:
- Obtain quotes from multiple insurance providers and compare them.
- Maintain a clean driving record and consider taking defensive driving courses to improve your driving skills.
- Opt for higher deductibles, which can lower your premium but means you’ll pay more out of pocket in case of a claim.
- Inquire about available discounts, such as multi-policy, good driver, or low mileage discounts.
- Consider installing anti-theft devices or safety features in your vehicle, which may qualify you for additional discounts.
- Review and update your coverage needs regularly to ensure you’re not paying for unnecessary coverage.
Does the location where I live affect the insurance rates for my 1990 Chevrolet C/K 3500 Series?
Yes, the location where you live can impact the insurance rates for your 1990 Chevrolet C/K 3500 Series. Insurance companies take into account factors such as population density, crime rates, weather conditions, and the likelihood of accidents in your area. If you live in an area with higher rates of theft or accidents, your insurance rates may be higher compared to areas with lower risk.
What type of coverage should I consider for my 1990 Chevrolet C/K 3500 Series?
The type of coverage you should consider for your 1990 Chevrolet C/K 3500 Series depends on your specific needs and circumstances. Some common types of coverage include:
- Liability coverage: This covers damages you may cause to others in an accident.
- Collision coverage: This helps cover repair costs for damages to your vehicle in a collision.
- Comprehensive coverage: This covers damages to your vehicle from non-collision incidents such as theft, vandalism, or natural disasters.
- Uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage: This protects you if you’re involved in an accident with a driver who has insufficient or no insurance.
- Medical payments coverage: This helps cover medical expenses for you and your passengers in the event of an accident.
Are there any specific insurance discounts available for the 1990 Chevrolet C/K 3500 Series?
Insurance providers may offer various discounts that could apply to the 1990 Chevrolet C/K 3500 Series. Some common discounts you can inquire about include:
- Multi-policy discount: If you have multiple insurance policies with the same provider, such as auto and home insurance, you may be eligible for a discount.
- Good driver discount: If you have a clean driving record without any accidents or traffic violations, you may qualify for a good driver discount.
- Low mileage discount: If you don’t drive your 1990 Chevrolet C/K 3500 Series frequently or have a low annual mileage, you might be eligible for a discount.
- Safety feature discount: If your vehicle is equipped with certain safety features such as anti-lock brakes, airbags, or an anti-theft system, you could qualify for a discount.
- Mature driver discount: Some insurance providers offer discounts to drivers over a certain age, typically 55 or 65, who have completed a defensive driving course.
Can I get classic car insurance for my 1990 Chevrolet C/K 3500 Series?
Classic car insurance is typically designed for vehicles that are considered collectible or have historical value. While the 1990 Chevrolet C/K 3500 Series is over 30 years old, it may not meet the criteria for classic car insurance as eligibility requirements can vary among insurance providers. However, you can check with insurance companies that specialize in classic car insurance to see if they offer coverage for your specific vehicle.
How can I save money on insurance for my 1990 Chevrolet C/K 3500 Series?
Here are some additional tips to potentially save money on insurance for your 1990 Chevrolet C/K 3500 Series:
- Increase your deductible: Opting for a higher deductible can lower your insurance premium. However, make sure you choose a deductible amount you can comfortably afford to pay out of pocket.
- Maintain a good credit score: In some regions, insurance companies may consider your credit score when calculating premiums. Maintaining a good credit score can help you secure better rates.
- Avoid filing small claims: If you can afford to cover minor repairs yourself, consider avoiding filing small claims as they may lead to increased premiums in the long run.
- Bundle your insurance policies: If you have multiple insurance policies, such as auto and home insurance, bundling them with the same provider can often result in discounted rates.
- Review your coverage annually: Regularly assess your coverage needs and make adjustments as necessary. As your vehicle ages, you may be able to reduce certain coverage types, lowering your premiums.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Ford Focus Insurance
- Kia Optima Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Subaru Forester Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area