1993 Chevrolet C/K 3500 Series Car Insurance Quotes – 8 Tips to Save
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: May 12, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Are you intimidated by the dozens of car insurance choices? You have a lot of company. There are so many options available that it can be a real hassle to find the perfect company for you.
You should make it a habit to get comparison quotes once or twice a year because rates are constantly changing. Despite the fact that you may have had the best rates for C/K Series coverage on your last policy there may be better deals available now. There is a lot of wrong information about car insurance online, so by reading this article, you’re going to learn some good information on how to save money.
Lots of discounts mean lots of savings
Insurance can be prohibitively expensive, but there could be available discounts to help bring down the price. Most are applied when you get a quote, but less common discounts must be asked for before you will receive the discount.
- Multi-car Discount – Insuring more than one vehicle on one policy qualifies for this discount.
- Safe Driver Discount – Drivers who don’t get into accidents may save up to 50% more for C/K Series coverage than drivers with accident claims.
- Drive Less and Save – Keeping the miles down on your Chevy can earn a substantially lower rate.
- Paperless Signup – Certain companies give back up to $50 for buying your policy digitally online.
- Homeowners Savings – Simply owning a home can help you save on auto insurance because of the fact that having a home is proof that your finances are in order.
- Air Bag Discount – Vehicles equipped with air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems may earn rate discounts of up to 25% or more.
- Club Memberships – Belonging to a qualifying organization could qualify you for a break on your policy for C/K Series coverage.
- Save over 55 – Older drivers may receive a small decrease in premiums for C/K Series coverage.
Drivers should understand that many deductions do not apply to all coverage premiums. Some only reduce individual premiums such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. Even though it may seem like it’s possible to get free car insurance, it just doesn’t work that way. But all discounts will reduce your premiums.
Insurance companies that may offer some of the above discounts include:
Double check with every prospective company what discounts are available to you. Some discounts may not be available everywhere.
Auto Insurance Prices Online
The are a couple different ways to compare rate quotes from auto insurance companies in your area. The easiest way by far to find the lowest 1993 Chevy C/K 3500 Series rates consists of shopping online. It is quite easy and can be accomplished in several different ways.
- One of the best ways consumers can analyze rates is to use a rate comparison form click here to open form in new window. This easy form prevents you from having to do separate quote forms for every auto insurance company. Filling out one form gets rate comparisons from multiple companies. It’s definitely the quickest method.
- A harder way to get comparison quotes is to manually visit the website for each individual company and fill out their own quote form. For instance, let’s assume you want to compare USAA, Allstate and Progressive. To get rate quotes you would need to visit each site and enter your information, which is why the first method is more popular. To view a list of companies in your area, click here.
It’s up to you which method you use, but make absolute certain that you use identical coverages and limits for every company. If you compare higher or lower deductibles it will be very difficult to make an equal comparison. Quoting even small variations in limits may cause a big price difference. Just remember that having more price comparisons helps locate the best price.
Situations that might require an agent
When it comes to choosing adequate coverage for your vehicles, there is no cookie cutter policy. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s.
These are some specific questions might help in determining whether your personal situation will benefit from professional help.
- Should I buy full coverage?
- Will my rates increase for filing one claim?
- What is PIP insurance?
- Is my nanny covered when driving my vehicle?
- Do I have coverage when using my vehicle for my home business?
- Does coverage extend to a rental car in a foreign country?
- What is no-fault insurance?
- Am I covered when renting a car or should I buy coverage from the car rental agency?
- What discounts do I qualify for?
- How much can I save by bundling my policies?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions then you might want to talk to a licensed insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form.
Insurance coverage breakdown
Knowing the specifics of a insurance policy can be of help when determining the best coverages for your vehicles. Insurance terms can be confusing and coverage can change by endorsement.
Coverage for collisions
This will pay to fix damage to your C/K 3500 Series caused by collision with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You will need to pay your deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision coverage pays for claims such as hitting a parking meter, scraping a guard rail and hitting a mailbox. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so consider removing coverage from vehicles that are 8 years or older. Another option is to bump up the deductible to save money on collision insurance.
UM/UIM (Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist) coverage
Your UM/UIM coverage protects you and your vehicle when other motorists do not carry enough liability coverage. It can pay for hospital bills for your injuries as well as damage to your Chevy C/K 3500 Series.
Because many people have only the minimum liability required by law, their limits can quickly be used up. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is a good idea. Most of the time your uninsured/underinsured motorist coverages are set the same as your liablity limits.
Comprehensive auto coverage
This coverage pays for damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You first must pay your deductible and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against things like rock chips in glass, a broken windshield, damage from getting keyed and theft. The most you’ll receive from a claim is the cash value of the vehicle, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible consider dropping full coverage.
This coverage will cover damages or injuries you inflict on other people or property by causing an accident. This insurance protects YOU from legal claims by others, and does not provide coverage for damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. Your policy might show values of 50/100/50 that translate to a $50,000 limit per person for injuries, a total of $100,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $50,000 of coverage for damaged property. Another option is one number which is a combined single limit which limits claims to one amount without having the split limit caps.
Liability insurance covers things such as legal defense fees, court costs and funeral expenses. How much coverage you buy is up to you, but you should buy higher limits if possible.
Medical payments and PIP coverage
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage provide coverage for expenses for nursing services, doctor visits and pain medications. They are often used in conjunction with a health insurance policy or if you lack health insurance entirely. Coverage applies to you and your occupants and will also cover being hit by a car walking across the street. PIP is not an option in every state and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
A tidy conclusion
Cost effective 1993 Chevy C/K 3500 Series insurance is attainable on the web and with local insurance agents, and you should compare price quotes from both to get a complete price analysis. Some auto insurance companies do not offer online price quotes and these smaller companies work with independent agents.
Consumers leave their current company for a variety of reasons including an unsatisfactory settlement offer, lack of trust in their agent, policy non-renewal or even being labeled a high risk driver. No matter why you want to switch, finding a great new company is pretty easy and you might even save some money in the process.
As you restructure your insurance plan, do not buy poor coverage just to save money. In many instances, an insured cut full coverage and discovered at claim time that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. The proper strategy is to purchase a proper amount of coverage at an affordable rate, not the least amount of coverage.
To learn more, take a look at these articles:
- Uninsured Motorists: Threats on the Road (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Eight Auto Insurance Myths (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Young Drivers: The High Risk Years Video (iihs.org)
- Preventing Carjacking and Theft (Insurance Information Insitute)
- How do I File a Claim? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Collision Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will GEICO insure a car not in my name?
- What is covered in a Jeep powertrain warranty?
- Are Jeeps more expensive to insure?
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Jeep Wrangler Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Toyota Prius Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Toyota Highlander Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area