Cheaper 1990 Honda Civic Insurance Quotes
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: May 12, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Want lower auto insurance rates for your Honda Civic? Are you a victim of overpriced auto insurance? Trust us when we tell you there are lots of people in the same boat. Big-name insurance companies like State Farm, Allstate, GEICO and Progressive constantly bombard you with TV and radio ads and consumers find it hard to see past the geckos and flying pigs and find the best price available.
If you have a policy now or are just looking to switch companies, you can use these techniques to find the best rates and still get good coverage. Finding the best rates is not that difficult. Consumers just need to know how to get comparison rates on the web.
Comparison of Car Insurance
Finding lower car insurance rates is surprisingly easy. You just have to spend a little time getting comparison quotes from different insurance companies. It is quite easy and can be accomplished in a couple of different ways.
- The most efficient way to get the best comparison quotes is an all-inclusive rate comparison click here to open form in new window. This easy form saves time by eliminating separate quote forms to each individual car insurance company. One quote request gets rate comparisons from many national carriers.
- A harder way to compare rate quotes requires visiting each company website and fill out their own quote form. For sake of this example, let’s assume you want to compare State Farm, 21st Century and American Family. To find out each rate you need to take the time to go to each site and enter your policy data, and that’s why the first method is more popular. For a list of links to companies insuring cars in your area, click here.
Which method you use is up to you, but ensure you’re using the exact same quote information on every quote. If each company quotes mixed coverages it will be impossible to decipher which rate is best.
Take advantage of discounts
Insurance can be prohibitively expensive, but discounts can save money and there are some available to reduce the price significantly. Most are applied when you complete an application, but lesser-known reductions have to be requested specifically prior to getting the savings. If you’re not getting every credit available, you are paying more than you should be.
- Anti-lock Brake System – Vehicles with anti-lock braking systems can avoid accidents and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Save with a New Car – Putting insurance coverage on a new car can be considerably cheaper compared to insuring an older model.
- No Claims – Drivers who don’t have accidents can save substantially as compared to drivers who are more careless.
- Seat Belt Usage – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to use their safety belts could save 15% on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Resident Student – Children who are attending college and do not have access to a covered vehicle may qualify for this discount.
It’s important to note that many deductions do not apply to all coverage premiums. Some only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as collision or personal injury protection. So despite the fact that it appears you could get a free insurance policy, companies don’t profit that way. But all discounts will reduce the cost of coverage.
For a list of companies offering insurance discounts, click here.
How to know if you need help
When buying proper insurance coverage for your vehicles, there isn’t really a one size fits all plan. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s so your insurance needs to address that. These are some specific questions might help in determining if you would benefit from professional advice.
- Can my teen driver be rated on a liability-only vehicle?
- Where can I get insurance after a DUI in my state?
- When would I need additional glass coverage?
- Does my insurance cover a custom paint job?
- Is my camper covered by my car insurance policy?
- Do I have coverage when pulling a U-Haul trailer?
- Should I buy only the required minimum liability coverage?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you may need to chat with a licensed agent. If you don’t have a local agent, fill out this quick form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier It only takes a few minutes and can help protect your family.
Information about specific coverages
Knowing the specifics of your policy can be of help when determining the best coverages and the correct deductibles and limits. Car insurance terms can be confusing and nobody wants to actually read their policy. Listed below are typical coverages found on most car insurance policies.
Collision coverage – This pays to fix your vehicle from damage resulting from a collision with a stationary object or other vehicle. You have to pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision coverage pays for things like crashing into a building, rolling your car and damaging your car on a curb. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so consider dropping it from lower value vehicles. Another option is to raise the deductible to bring the cost down.
Protection from uninsured/underinsured drivers – This protects you and your vehicle’s occupants from other drivers when they either have no liability insurance or not enough. It can pay for injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants and also any damage incurred to your Honda Civic.
Due to the fact that many drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits, their limits can quickly be used up. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is very important. Frequently the UM/UIM limits do not exceed the liability coverage limits.
Coverage for liability – This coverage provides protection from damages or injuries you inflict on other people or property by causing an accident. This coverage protects you from legal claims by others. Liability doesn’t cover damage to your own property or vehicle.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. As an example, you may have values of 50/100/50 that translate to a limit of $50,000 per injured person, a limit of $100,000 in injury protection per accident, and $50,000 of coverage for damaged property. Occasionally you may see a combined single limit or CSL which limits claims to one amount without having the split limit caps.
Liability can pay for things such as bail bonds, repair bills for other people’s vehicles and funeral expenses. How much liability should you purchase? That is a decision to put some thought into, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as large an amount as possible.
Medical expense insurance – Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP pay for expenses like pain medications, rehabilitation expenses, dental work and nursing services. They are used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance policy or if you are not covered by health insurance. They cover all vehicle occupants and also covers getting struck while a pedestrian. Personal Injury Protection is not an option in every state but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Comprehensive (Other than Collision) – Comprehensive insurance coverage covers damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You first must pay your deductible and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for claims such as rock chips in glass, hitting a bird, a tree branch falling on your vehicle, theft and damage from flooding. The most a car insurance company will pay at claim time is the cash value of the vehicle, so if the vehicle is not worth much it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
More quotes. Lower rates.
We just presented some good ideas how you can compare 1990 Honda Civic insurance prices online. The key thing to remember is the more rate comparisons you have, the better likelihood of reducing your rate. You may even discover the biggest savings come from the least-expected company. They can often provide lower rates in certain areas compared to the large companies like State Farm or Progressive.
The cheapest insurance is possible both online and also from your neighborhood agents, and you need to comparison shop both to have the best rate selection. There are still a few companies who may not provide the ability to get a quote online and these small insurance companies work with independent agents.
Even more information is located at these sites:
- How to Avoid Buying a Flooded Car (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Tools for Teen Driving Safety (State Farm)
- Teen Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Rollover Crash FAQ (iihs.org)
- Car Insurance for Teen Drivers with Divorced Parents (Allstate)
- Property Damage Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will GEICO insure a car not in my name?
- What is covered in a Jeep powertrain warranty?
- Are Jeeps more expensive to insure?
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Ford Explorer Insurance
- Chevrolet Cruze Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Jeep Grand Cherokee Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area