1991 Chevrolet Cavalier Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Jun 12, 2015
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Searching for lower car insurance rates for your Chevrolet Cavalier? Have you fallen victim to overpriced car insurance? Believe me when I say you’re not the only one. Many car insurance companies compete to insure your vehicles, and because of this it can be hard to compare auto insurance companies to find the lowest rate
Consumers should take time to take a look at other company’s rates once or twice a year since insurance rates go up and down regularly. Just because you had the best price for Cavalier insurance a few years ago the chances are good that you can find a lower rate today. Starting right now, forget all the misinformation about car insurance because I’m going to teach you one of the quickest ways to save money, get proper coverage and the best rates.
How to Compare Car Insurance Rates
All the larger car insurance companies like State Farm, Allstate and GEICO quote prices online. Getting quotes is pretty painless as you simply enter your coverage preferences into the quote form. After you complete the form, the system orders credit information and your driving record and provides a quote. This makes comparing rates easy, but the work required to visit several different sites and enter the same data into a form is monotonous and tiresome. But it’s absolutely necessary to have as many quotes as possible if you want to find a lower rate.
A less time-consuming method to locate the lowest prices is to use a quote form that gets price quotes from several companies at one time. It saves time, reduces the work, and makes comparison shopping much more enjoyable and efficient. Immediately after submitting the form, it is quoted with multiple companies and you can pick any of the quote results. If the quotes result in lower rates, you can simply submit the application and buy the new coverage. This process just takes a couple of minutes and may save quite a bit of money.
In order to get comparison pricing now, simply click here to open in new window and enter your vehicle and coverage information. If you have your current policy handy, we recommend you duplicate the insurance coverages as close as possible to your current policy. This makes sure you will have comparison quotes based on identical coverages.
Take advantage of discounts
Car insurance companies don’t list every available discount very well, so we took the time to find some of the best known and also the lesser-known savings tricks you should be using. If you don’t get every credit possible, you’re just leaving money on the table.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives – Requiring all passengers to buckle their seat belts can save 10% or more off your medical payments premium.
- Accident Free – Claim-free drivers can earn big discounts compared to bad drivers.
- Auto/Life Discount – Some companies give a break if you buy auto and life insurance together.
- Discount for Good Grades – This discount can get you a discount of up to 25%. This discount can apply well after school through age 25.
- Discount for New Cars – Adding a new car to your policy is cheaper because new vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Clubs and Organizations – Affiliation with certain professional organizations may earn a discount on insurance coverage for Cavalier insurance.
- Discount for Swiching Early – A few companies offer discounts for switching to them prior to your current policy expiring. The savings is around 10%.
- Bundle and Save – If you insure your home and vehicles with one company you may save 10% to 20% off each policy.
- Multi-car Discount – Buying insurance for more than one vehicle on one policy could earn a price break for each car.
As a disclaimer on discounts, most discount credits are not given to the entire cost. Most cut the price of certain insurance coverages like collision or personal injury protection. Just because you may think all the discounts add up to a free policy, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
To see a list of insurers with the best insurance coverage discounts, click this link.
How to know if you need help
When it comes to buying coverage, there is no single plan that fits everyone. Everyone’s needs are different so your insurance needs to address that. Here are some questions about coverages that might help in determining whether or not you might need professional guidance.
- What exactly is covered by my policy?
- Can I get a multi-policy discount?
- Does medical payments coverage apply to all occupants?
- How can I find cheaper teen driver insurance?
- Am I insured when driving a different vehicle?
- When should I not file a claim?
- Are my tools covered if they get stolen from my vehicle?
If you can’t answer these questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you may need to chat with a licensed agent. If you don’t have a local agent, take a second and complete this form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier It is quick, free and can help protect your family.
Chevy Cavalier insurance rates can be determined by these details
It’s important that you understand the factors that go into determining your auto insurance rates. When you know what positively or negatively controls the rates you pay empowers consumers to make smart changes that will entitle you to much lower annual insurance costs.
Listed below are a partial list of the pieces used by your company to calculate prices.
- How your age affects price – Young drivers are statistically proven to be more careless when behind the wheel so auto insurance rates are higher. Older insureds are viewed as being more responsible, tend to file fewer claims and get fewer tickets.
- Poor credit can mean higher rates – Having a bad credit rating is a important factor in calculating your auto insurance rates. Drivers with high credit scores tend to file fewer claims and have better driving records than drivers who have lower ratings. Therefore, if your credit can use some improvement, you could be paying less to insure your 1991 Chevrolet Cavalier by improving your rating.
- Being married can save on auto insurance – Having a spouse can get you a discount on auto insurance. Marriage means you’re more responsible and statistics show married couples file fewer claims.
- Big city or small town – Choosing to live in a rural area has it’s advantages when buying auto insurance. Fewer drivers means reduced accidents. Drivers in populated areas tend to have congested traffic and longer commutes to work. Longer commute distances can result in more accidents.
- More claims means more premium – Insurance companies award discounts to insureds who are claim-free. If you are a frequent claim filer, you can pretty much guarantee either higher rates or even cancellation. Insurance coverage is designed for larger claims.
Detailed coverages of your auto insurance policy
Understanding the coverages of your policy helps when choosing appropriate coverage for your vehicles. The coverage terms in a policy can be confusing and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording. Below you’ll find the normal coverages offered by auto insurance companies.
Uninsured Motorist or Underinsured Motorist insurance – This coverage provides protection from other motorists when they do not carry enough liability coverage. Covered losses include hospital bills for your injuries as well as damage to your Chevy Cavalier.
Because many people carry very low liability coverage limits, it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage should not be overlooked.
Insurance for medical payments – Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP reimburse you for expenses such as nursing services, chiropractic care, pain medications, dental work and rehabilitation expenses. They are utilized in addition to your health insurance policy or if you do not have health coverage. It covers you and your occupants and will also cover getting struck while a pedestrian. Personal injury protection coverage is not an option in every state but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Auto liability – This provides protection from damage that occurs to other people or property. It protects YOU from legal claims by others, and does not provide coverage for your own vehicle damage or injuries.
Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. You commonly see liability limits of 50/100/50 which stand for a $50,000 limit per person for injuries, a limit of $100,000 in injury protection per accident, and a total limit of $50,000 for damage to vehicles and property.
Liability can pay for things like legal defense fees, funeral expenses, repair bills for other people’s vehicles, loss of income and medical services. How much liability coverage do you need? That is a personal decision, but consider buying higher limits if possible.
Collision coverage – Collision insurance pays to fix your vehicle from damage caused by collision with a stationary object or other vehicle. You first must pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision can pay for things such as hitting a parking meter, backing into a parked car, crashing into a ditch and rolling your car. This coverage can be expensive, so consider dropping it from vehicles that are 8 years or older. It’s also possible to choose a higher deductible to bring the cost down.
Comprehensive coverage (or Other than Collision) – Comprehensive insurance coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You first must pay your deductible and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against claims like rock chips in glass, fire damage, hitting a deer and a tree branch falling on your vehicle. The highest amount you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the actual cash value, so if the vehicle’s value is low it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Buy online or local, you save
Low-cost 1991 Chevy Cavalier insurance can be bought online and with local insurance agents, and you should be comparing both to have the best selection. Some insurance companies do not offer you the ability to get quotes online and these small, regional companies work with independent agents.
You just read many tips how you can lower your insurance rates. It’s most important to understand that the more companies you get rates for, the better likelihood of reducing your rate. Consumers could even find that the most savings is with a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising. They may cover specific market segments cheaper than the large multi-state companies such as Allstate and Progressive.
As you shop your coverage around, it’s not a good idea to buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There have been many cases where drivers have reduced physical damage coverage only to discover later that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. Your strategy should be to find the BEST coverage for the lowest price while not skimping on critical coverages.
Additional insurance information can be read on the following sites:
Frequently Asked Questions
- How Much Does Car Insurance Cost?
- Cheap Car Insurance: Myth or Reality?
- Will a Speeding Ticket Raise My Car Insurance Rates?
- Car Insurance Rates 2018: Why are Prices Increasing?
- How Much Does Car Insurance Cost for a 16 Year Old?
- Which Cars are Cheapest to Insure?
- Does a Teenager with a Learner’s Permit Need to be Listed on my Policy?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Hyundai Santa Fe Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Nissan Altima Insurance
- Ford Edge Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Chevrolet Equinox Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area