Cheapest 1991 Honda Civic CRX Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: May 27, 2023
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Trying to find the cheapest insurance coverage rates for your Honda Civic CRX? Have you had enough of scraping the payment together each month for car insurance? You are in the same boat as the majority of other car owners.
Companies like State Farm, GEICO and Farmers Insurance constantly bombard you with catchy ads and it can be hard to not get sucked in by the cute commercials and effectively compare rates to find the best deal.
If you currently have a car insurance policy, you should be able to cut costs considerably using these techniques. Buying car insurance is quite easy. Nevertheless, vehicle owners can benefit from knowing how insurance companies sell insurance online and apply this information to your search.
Lower rates by qualifying for discounts
Car insurance can cost a lot, but you may find discounts that you may not even be aware of. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied at quote time, but some must be asked about before they will apply.
- Use Seat Belts – Drivers who require all occupants to buckle their seat belts could save 15% off your medical payments premium.
- Safety Course Discount – Taking part in a defensive driving course could cut 5% off your bill if your company offers it.
- Homeowners Pay Less – Owning a home can save you money due to the fact that maintaining a home shows financial diligence.
- Auto/Life Discount – Some companies give a discount if you purchase life insurance from them.
- Good Student Discount – A discount for being a good student can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. The discount lasts until age 25.
As a disclaimer on discounts, most discount credits are not given to the overall cost of the policy. Some only apply to specific coverage prices like medical payments or collision. Just because it seems like you could get a free auto insurance policy, auto insurance companies aren’t that generous. But any discount will reduce the cost of coverage.
Elements that influence Honda Civic CRX insurance rates
An important part of buying insurance is that you know some of the elements that play a part in calculating the rates you pay for insurance coverage. Knowing what impacts premium levels enables informed choices that could result in lower insurance coverage prices.
- How your age affects price – Teenage drivers tend to be more careless behind the wheel so they pay higher insurance coverage rates. Parents adding a teenage driver to your policy can be very expensive. Older drivers are viewed as being more responsible, statistically cause fewer accidents and receive fewer citations.
- Marriage pays dividends – Having a wife or husband can actually save you money on your policy. Having a spouse translates into being more mature than a single person it has been statistically shown that drivers who are married are more cautious.
- Drive less and save money – The more miles you rack up on your Honda each year the more you’ll pay to insure your vehicle. The majority of insurers charge to insure your cars based on their usage. Cars and trucks used primarily for pleasure use qualify for better rates than those used for commuting. Double check that your insurance coverage policy shows how each vehicle is driven. Incorrect usage on your Civic CRX may be costing you.
- Your car’s features help determine rates – Purchasing a vehicle with a theft deterrent system can help lower your rates. Theft prevention devices like vehicle immobilizer systems, General Motors OnStar and LoJack tracking systems all aid in stopping car theft.
Car insurance is unique, just like you
When buying adequate coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is not a cookie cutter policy. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs so this has to be addressed. For example, these questions may help highlight whether or not you will benefit from professional help.
- Is my business laptop covered if it gets stolen from my vehicle?
- Can I get a multi-policy discount for packaging my home and auto coverage?
- What should my uninsured motorist coverage limits be in my state?
- Can my teen drive my company car?
- Who is covered when they drive my 1991 Honda Civic CRX?
- Do I need roadside assistance coverage?
- Is my Honda Civic CRX covered if I use it for business?
- Will my rates increase for filing one claim?
- Is my state a no-fault state?
Drivers who switch save $383 a year? Really?
GEICO, State Farm and Progressive consistently run ads on television and other media. All the companies make an identical promise about savings if you change your policy. But how can every company make almost identical claims? This is how they do it.
Different companies can use profiling for the type of customer that makes them money. An example of a desirable insured could possibly be between the ages of 40 and 55, is a homeowner, and has a high credit rating. Any driver who fits that profile gets the lowest rates and therefore will cut their rates substantially.
Potential insureds who don’t qualify for these standards must pay a more expensive rate which usually ends up with the customer not buying. The ads state “people who switch” not “everyone that quotes” save that much. That’s why companies can truthfully advertise the savings.
This illustrates why you need to get as many comparisons as possible. You cannot predict which insurance companies will fit your personal profile best.
Information about specific coverages
Learning about specific coverages of insurance can be of help when determining which coverages you need and proper limits and deductibles. Policy terminology can be ambiguous and reading a policy is terribly boring. These are the usual coverages offered by insurance companies.
UM/UIM (Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist) coverage
This coverage gives you protection when the “other guys” either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. This coverage pays for injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Due to the fact that many drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required, it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is important protection for you and your family. Normally these coverages are identical to your policy’s liability coverage.
Collision coverage protection
Collision coverage will pay to fix damage to your Civic CRX caused by collision with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. A deductible applies then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision can pay for things like scraping a guard rail, backing into a parked car and driving through your garage door. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so consider dropping it from vehicles that are older. It’s also possible to increase the deductible to bring the cost down.
Comprehensive auto coverage
This coverage covers damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You first must pay your deductible and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive can pay for things such as damage from flooding, vandalism and hail damage. The maximum amount you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the cash value of the vehicle, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Medical payments and PIP coverage
Med pay and PIP coverage kick in for immediate expenses such as chiropractic care, ambulance fees, dental work and surgery. They are used in conjunction with a health insurance policy or if you do not have health coverage. It covers all vehicle occupants and will also cover if you are hit as a while walking down the street. PIP coverage is not universally available but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Liability insurance provides protection from injuries or damage you cause to a person or their property by causing an accident. This coverage protects you against other people’s claims, and doesn’t cover your own vehicle damage or injuries.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. You might see limits of 25/50/25 that translate to $25,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a limit of $50,000 in injury protection per accident, and property damage coverage for $25,000. Occasionally you may see a combined single limit or CSL which combines the three limits into one amount and claims can be made without the split limit restrictions.
Liability coverage pays for claims such as repair costs for stationary objects, medical expenses, loss of income, emergency aid and medical services. How much liability should you purchase? That is a personal decision, but buy as high a limit as you can afford.
Compare but don’t skimp
When trying to cut insurance costs, it’s very important that you do not skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. In many cases, an accident victim reduced comprehensive coverage or liability limits and found out when filing a claim that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. The aim is to buy a smart amount of coverage for the lowest price.
In this article, we presented many ideas to reduce 1991 Honda Civic CRX insurance prices online. It’s most important to understand that the more times you quote, the better your comparison will be. You may even discover the best prices are with a lesser-known regional company. Regional companies may have significantly lower rates on certain market segments compared to the large companies like Allstate and Progressive.
For more information, feel free to browse these articles:
- Help Your Teen Be a Better Driver (State Farm)
- Vehicle Safety Ratings (iihs.org)
- Safe Vehicles for Teens (iihs.org)
- Drunk Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I find the cheapest insurance for my 1991 Honda Civic CRX?
To find the cheapest insurance for your 1991 Honda Civic CRX, consider the following steps:
- Compare quotes: Obtain quotes from multiple insurance providers and compare their rates. This will help you identify the most affordable options.
- Choose higher deductibles: Opting for higher deductibles can lower your insurance premium. However, make sure you can afford to pay the deductible in case of a claim.
- Maintain a clean driving record: A clean driving record without any accidents or traffic violations can help you secure lower insurance rates.
- Explore discounts: Inquire about available discounts such as safe driver discounts, multi-policy discounts, or discounts for vehicle safety features. These can further reduce your insurance costs.
Are there any specific insurance providers known for offering affordable rates for a 1991 Honda Civic CRX?
While insurance rates can vary depending on various factors, including your location, driving history, and coverage needs, it is worth considering some insurance providers known for offering competitive rates. These may include both national and local insurers. It is recommended to research and obtain quotes from multiple providers to find the best rates for your specific circumstances.
Does the age of my 1991 Honda Civic CRX affect insurance rates?
Yes, the age of your vehicle can impact insurance rates. Generally, older vehicles like the 1991 Honda Civic CRX tend to have lower insurance premiums compared to newer models. This is because the value of older vehicles is typically lower, resulting in lower repair or replacement costs for the insurance company in case of an accident.
What types of coverage should I consider for my 1991 Honda Civic CRX?
The types of coverage you should consider for your 1991 Honda Civic CRX may include:
- Liability coverage: This is typically required by law and covers damage or injuries you may cause to others in an accident.
- Collision coverage: This covers damage to your vehicle resulting from a collision with another vehicle or object.
- Comprehensive coverage: This covers damage to your vehicle from non-collision incidents, such as theft, vandalism, or natural disasters.
- Uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage: This protects you if you’re involved in an accident with a driver who doesn’t have insurance or doesn’t have enough coverage.
Can modifying my 1991 Honda Civic CRX affect insurance rates?
Yes, modifications to your 1991 Honda Civic CRX can potentially impact insurance rates. Some modifications, such as performance enhancements or alterations that increase the vehicle’s value, may result in higher premiums. It’s important to inform your insurance provider about any modifications you make to ensure your coverage adequately reflects the vehicle’s value and any potential risks associated with the modifications.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Kia Optima Insurance
- Subaru Outback Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Hyundai Santa Fe Insurance
- Honda Odyssey Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area