2016 Honda Civic Insurance Rates
Average insurance rates for a 2016 Honda Civic are $1,508 a year including full coverage. Comprehensive costs approximately $248 each year, collision insurance costs $610, and liability costs $470. Buying a liability-only policy costs as little as $536 a year, and high-risk insurance costs around $3,314. Teen drivers receive the highest rates at up to $5,826 a year.
Annual premium for full coverage: $1,508
Rate estimates for 2016 Honda Civic Insurance
Rate data is compiled from all 50 U.S. states and averaged for all 2016 Honda Civic models. Rates are based on a 40-year-old male driver, $500 comprehensive and collision deductibles, and a clean driving record. Remaining premium consists of UM/UIM coverage, Medical/PIP, and policy fees.
Price Range by Coverage and Risk
For a middle-aged driver, prices range range from as low as $536 for a discount liability-only rate to a high rate of $3,314 for a high risk driver.
These differences highlight why all drivers should compare rates using their specific location and risk profile, instead of using price averages.
Use the form below to get rates for your location.
Enter your zip code below to view companies based on your location that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Companies will appear below. Click here to view full page.
Recommended Companies for Cheap 2016 Honda Civic Insurance
Using the web to shop for auto insurance can be difficult if you’ve never compared online quoting. But don’t let that discourage you because there is an easy way to compare rates.
You need to compare prices once or twice a year due to the fact that insurance rates change quite often. Even if you think you had the best price for Civic coverage six months ago other companies may now be cheaper. Block out anything you think you know about auto insurance because I’m going to let you in on the secrets to the things you must know in order to buy cheaper auto insurance.
Comprehensive Auto Insurance Comparison
To find the best auto insurance prices, there are several ways to get quotes and find the best price. The simplest method to find the lowest 2016 Honda Civic rates is to use the internet to compare rates. This can be accomplished in several different ways.
Recommended Companies for the Best Insurance Rates
- The single most time-saving way to find the lowest comparison rates is to use a rate comparison form click here to open form in new window. This form keeps you from doing boring form submissions for each company. Taking the time to complete one form will return price quotes from multiple low-cost companies.It’s the quickest way to get rates.
- A different way to shop for auto insurance online is to take the time to go to each company’s website to complete their respective quote request forms. For instance, we’ll assume you want to compare rates from Nationwide, 21st Century and State Farm. To get rate quotes you would need to visit each site to enter your coverage information, which is why the first method is more popular. To view a list of companies in your area, click here.
It doesn’t matter which method you choose, just make sure you use exactly the same coverages and limits with every price quote. If the quotes have unequal deductibles or liability limits then you won’t be able to determine the lowest rate for your Honda Civic. Having just a slight variation in coverage limits can result in a big premium difference. And when comparison shopping, comparing a large number of companies provides better odds of finding a lower rate.
Honda Civic rate determination is complex
It’s important that you understand the rating factors that go into determining your insurance coverage rates. Having a good understanding of what determines base rates empowers consumers to make smart changes that may reward you with much lower annual insurance costs.
Listed below are some of the items used by your company to calculate rates.
- One company can mean more discounts – Most insurance coverage companies provide better rates to customers who carry more than one policy such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. Discounts can add up to ten or even up to twenty percent in some cases. Even with this discount, you still need to compare rates to make sure you are getting the best deal. You may still be able to find a better deal by splitting coverages up.
- Marriage pays dividends – Being married can get you a discount on insurance coverage. Having a spouse translates into being more responsible and it’s proven that being married results in fewer claims.
- Women pay lower rates – Statistics demonstrate that men are more aggressive behind the wheel. That doesn’t necessarily mean that men are WORSE drivers than women. Men and women have accidents at about the same rate, but men cause more damage. Men also get cited for more serious violations such as reckless driving. Youthful male drivers are several times more likely to be in an accident and therefore are the most expensive to insure.
- Your occupation can affect rates – Jobs such as judges, architects and financial analysts have higher average rates in part from job stress and long work days. Conversely, occupations such as farmers, engineers and the unemployed get better rates for Civic coverage.
How to reduce 2016 Honda Civic insurance rates
Car insurance is not cheap, but you may find discounts that you may not even be aware of. A few discounts will automatically apply when you quote, but less common discounts must be asked about in order for you to get them.
- Life Insurance – Larger companies have better rates if you take out life insurance from them.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Cars that have steering control and anti-lock brakes prevent accidents and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Accident Forgiveness – Certain companies permit an accident before raising your premiums if you are claim-free for a certain period of time.
- Anti-theft System – Vehicles equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems can help prevent theft and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Seat Belts Save – Drivers who require all occupants to buckle their seat belts can save up to 15% on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Military Discounts – Being on active duty in the military may qualify for rate reductions.
It’s important to understand that most of the big mark downs will not be given to all coverage premiums. Some only reduce specific coverage prices like collision or personal injury protection. So when the math indicates adding up those discounts means a free policy, companies don’t profit that way. But any discount will cut your overall premium however.
Insurance companies that possibly offer these money-saving discounts are:
Before buying, ask all companies you are considering which discounts you may be entitled to. All car insurance discounts may not apply in your area.
Tailor your coverage to you
When it comes to buying proper insurance coverage for your vehicles, there really is no “perfect” insurance plan. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs.
These are some specific questions could help you determine if you might need an agent’s assistance.
- Is my ex-spouse still covered by my policy?
- Does my personal policy cover me when driving out-of-state?
- Is my Honda Civic covered if I use it for business?
- What is roadside assistance coverage?
- How can I force my company to pay a claim?
- What if I don’t agree with a claim settlement offer?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but you know they apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to an agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, take a second and complete this form.
Educate yourself about insurance coverages
Learning about specific coverages of your policy helps when choosing the best coverages at the best deductibles and correct limits. Insurance terms can be ambiguous and coverage can change by endorsement.
Medical costs insurance
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance pay for bills like hospital visits, X-ray expenses and doctor visits. They are used to fill the gap from your health insurance program or if there is no health insurance coverage. They cover you and your occupants and will also cover any family member struck as a pedestrian. Personal Injury Protection is only offered in select states but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Liability car insurance
Liability insurance provides protection from damage or injury you incur to a person or their property by causing an accident. It protects YOU from legal claims by others, and doesn’t cover your own vehicle damage or injuries.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. As an example, you may have limits of 50/100/50 which means $50,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a limit of $100,000 in injury protection per accident, and property damage coverage for $50,000. Some companies may use a combined single limit or CSL that pays claims from the same limit without having the split limit caps.
Liability can pay for claims like funeral expenses, court costs and repair costs for stationary objects. How much liability coverage do you need? That is a personal decision, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as high a limit as you can afford.
This coverage covers damage to your Civic from colliding with an object or car. You first must pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision insurance covers things like sustaining damage from a pot hole, hitting a parking meter, sideswiping another vehicle and colliding with a tree. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so consider removing coverage from lower value vehicles. You can also choose a higher deductible to save money on collision insurance.
Comprehensive or Other Than Collision
Comprehensive insurance coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You first must pay your deductible and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against claims such as damage from a tornado or hurricane, damage from getting keyed, rock chips in glass, hitting a bird and falling objects. The maximum payout you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the actual cash value, so if the vehicle is not worth much consider dropping full coverage.
This coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants when other motorists do not carry enough liability coverage. This coverage pays for injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants as well as damage to your Honda Civic.
Because many people only carry the minimum required liability limits, it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is important protection for you and your family. Normally the UM/UIM limits are set the same as your liablity limits.
Spend less. Save more.
We’ve covered a lot of techniques to shop for 2016 Honda Civic insurance online. It’s most important to understand that the more times you quote, the better your comparison will be. You may even find the best prices are with the least-expected company.
When shopping online for auto insurance, do not skimp on coverage in order to save money. There have been many situations where drivers have reduced collision coverage and learned later that they should have had better coverage. Your strategy should be to get the best coverage possible at a price you can afford.
Consumers switch companies for a number of reasons such as being labeled a high risk driver, unfair underwriting practices, denial of a claim or even lack of trust in their agent. It doesn’t matter what your reason, switching auto insurance companies can be easy and end up saving you some money.
Much more information about auto insurance can be found on the following sites:
- Child Safety Seats (Insurance Information Insitute)
- How do I File a Claim? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Speed and Speed Limit FAQ (iihs.org)
- Auto Theft Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
Find the Cheapest Quotes in Your Area
Get multiple rate quotes instantly and find your cheapest rate
Rates by U.S. City
|New York City, NY||$2,382|
|Los Angeles, CA||$2,577|
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area
Need a specific model?
Choose your model and trim below
Rates by Driver Age
Full coverage, $500 deductibles
Rates by Deductible
Full coverage, driver age 40
Rates by Liability Limit
Full coverage, driver age 40
Rates for High Risk Drivers
Full coverage, $500 deductibles, two speeding tickets, and one at-fault accident
If a financial responsibility filing is required, the additional charge below may also apply.
Potential Rate Discounts
If you qualify for discounts, you may save the amounts shown below.
|5-yr Accident Free||$115|
|5-yr Claim Free||$99|
|Paid in Full/EFT||$70|
Discounts are estimated and may not be available from every company or in every state.