1992 Buick Riviera Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Mar 3, 2020
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Consumers have lots of choices when looking for the best price on Buick Riviera insurance. You can either waste hours driving around getting price quotes or save time using the internet to make rate comparisons.
There is a right way and a wrong way to find insurance online so you’re going to learn the absolute fastest way to compare rates for a new or used Buick and locate the cheapest rates.
It’s a good habit to check insurance prices on a regular basis because prices are rarely the same from one policy term to another. Just because you had the best deal on Riviera insurance two years ago you can probably find a better price now. Ignore everything you know about insurance because you’re about to learn how to use the internet to properly buy coverages while reducing your premium.
This information will teach you the most effective way to quote insurance and some money-saving tips. If you have car insurance now, you stand a good chance to be able to reduce your rates substantially using these tips. Drivers just need to know the most effective way to shop for insurance online.
Car Insurance Prices Online
Getting a lower price on 1992 Buick Riviera insurance is not a difficult process. The only requirement is to spend a few minutes to get quotes provided by online insurance companies. This can be accomplished in a couple of different ways.
- The first (and easiest) way consumers can make multiple comparisons is an all-inclusive rate comparison (click to open form in new window). This easy form keeps you from doing repetitive form submissions for each company you want a rate for. Filling out one form will return price quotes from all major companies. Just one form and you’re done.
- A more difficult way to find lower rates requires visiting the website for every company you want to comare and fill out their own quote form. For instance, let’s assume you want rates from Liberty Mutual, Progressive and State Farm. To get each rate you have to spend time on each company’s site and enter your policy data, which is why the first method is more popular. For a list of links to companies insuring cars in your area, click here.
- The hardest way to compare rates is driving around to and from local insurance agencies. Shopping for car insurance online can eliminate the need for a local agent unless you require the professional guidance that only a license agent can provide. However, consumers can get prices online and get advice from an agent in your area.
It’s up to you which method you use, but make absolute certain that you use identical coverages and limits on every quote. If you have different limits and deductibles on each one then you won’t be able to find the best deal for your Buick Riviera.
Factors determining your Buick Riviera insurance premium
Consumers need to have an understanding of the rating factors that play a part in calculating your insurance rates. Knowing what determines base rates empowers consumers to make smart changes that could result in big savings.
Shown below are a partial list of the pieces used by your company to calculate premiums.
- Poor credit can mean higher rates – Having a bad credit score is a important factor in determining your rates. If your credit is lower than you’d like, you could potentially save money when insuring your 1992 Buick Riviera by spending a little time repairing your credit. Consumers who have high credit scores tend to be less risk to insure than drivers with poor credit.
- Protect your assets with liability insurance – Liability insurance will protect you in the event that a jury decides you are liable for personal injury or accident damage. It will provide legal defense up to the limits shown on your policy. Liability is cheap compared to physical damage coverage, so do not cut corners here.
- Cautious drivers pay less – Only having one speeding ticket can bump up the cost by as much as thirty percent. Drivers who don’t get tickets get better rates than people who have multiple driving citations. Drivers with severe tickets such as DUI or reckless driving are required to submit a SR-22 form with their state DMV in order to drive a vehicle legally.
- You might want pay the small claims yourself – If you file claims often, you can expect higher rates. Car insurance companies award discounts to drivers who are claim-free. Insurance coverage is intended for the bigger claims that can’t be paid out-of-pocket.
- Marriage brings a discount – Being married can actually save you money on your policy. Having a significant other is viewed as being more mature and responsible and it’s statistically proven that married couples file fewer claims.
- Do you know your deductibles? – Coverage for physical damage, otherwise known as comp (or other than collision) and collision, is used to repair damage to your Buick. Some examples of claims that would be covered are a windshield shattered by a rock, vandalism, and burglary. The deductibles are how much you are willing to pay out-of-pocket if you file a covered claim. The more money the insured has to pay upfront, the less your insurance will be on Riviera insurance.
- Safe vehicles cost less to insure – Safer cars get lower rates. Safer cars protect occupants better and better occupant protection translates into savings for insurance companies and lower rates for you. If the Buick Riviera has ratings of a minimum four stars on Safercar.gov you may qualify for a discount.
- Women pay lower rates – The statistics show that men are more aggressive behind the wheel. Now that doesn’t mean women are BETTER drivers than men. Men and women are in accidents at a similar rate, but the men tend to have more serious accidents. Men also statistically receive more costly citations such as DWI and reckless driving.
Save big with these discounts
Properly insuring your vehicles can get expensive, but you can get discounts that you may not know about. Some discounts apply automatically at the time you complete a quote, but a few need to be specifically requested in order for you to get them. If you don’t get every credit possible, you are paying more than you should be.
- Payment Method – If paying your policy premium upfront instead of making monthly payments you may reduce your total bill.
- Seat Belt Usage – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to buckle their seat belts can save 10% or more off your medical payments premium.
- Homeowners Pay Less – Owning a house can help you save on car insurance because maintaining a house requires personal responsibility.
- Resident Student – Any of your kids who attend school more than 100 miles from home and don’t have a car can be insured at a reduced rate.
- Military Discounts – Being deployed with a military unit can result in better rates.
- Student Driver Training – Have your child complete a driver education course if it’s offered in school.
- Anti-lock Brake System – Cars that have steering control and anti-lock brakes prevent accidents and will save you 10% or more.
- Auto/Home Discount – If you insure your home and vehicles with one insurance company you could get a discount of up to 20% off your total premium.
- Sign Online – A few companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks for buying your policy over the internet.
As a disclaimer on discounts, some of the credits will not apply to the entire cost. Most only cut the price of certain insurance coverages like comprehensive or collision. So even though it sounds like adding up those discounts means a free policy, it doesn’t quite work that way. But any discount will cut the cost of coverage.
For a list of insurance companies with the best car insurance discounts, click here.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
But I don’t know anything about car insurance
When choosing proper insurance coverage, there isn’t really a “best” method to buy coverage. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s.
Here are some questions about coverages that might help in determining if your situation might need professional guidance.
- Is my dog or cat covered if injured in an accident?
- What companies insure drivers after a DUI or DWI?
- Does insurance cover damages from a DUI accident?
- Are all vehicle passengers covered by medical payments coverage?
- How many claims can I have before being canceled?
- Does liability extend to a camper or trailer?
- Will filing a claim cost me more?
- Why am I required to buy high-risk coverage?
- Am I covered when pulling a rental trailer?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you know they apply to you, you might consider talking to an agent. To find an agent in your area, simply complete this short form. It is quick, free and can provide invaluable advice.
The coverage is in the details
Knowing the specifics of your policy can help you determine the best coverages and proper limits and deductibles. Policy terminology can be ambiguous and nobody wants to actually read their policy.
Medical costs insurance
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage provide coverage for immediate expenses for things like dental work, EMT expenses, rehabilitation expenses and pain medications. The coverages can be utilized in addition to your health insurance program or if you do not have health coverage. Medical payments and PIP cover you and your occupants in addition to being hit by a car walking across the street. PIP is not universally available but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
This coverage protects you and your vehicle when other motorists either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. Covered claims include medical payments for you and your occupants as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Since many drivers have only the minimum liability required by law, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. So UM/UIM coverage is important protection for you and your family. Normally your uninsured/underinsured motorist coverages are identical to your policy’s liability coverage.
This can cover damage or injury you incur to other people or property in an accident. This coverage protects you from legal claims by others. Liability doesn’t cover your injuries or vehicle damage.
It consists of three limits, bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. As an example, you may have liability limits of 50/100/50 which means a limit of $50,000 per injured person, a per accident bodily injury limit of $100,000, and a total limit of $50,000 for damage to vehicles and property. Occasionally you may see a combined limit that pays claims from the same limit without having the split limit caps.
Liability coverage protects against claims like pain and suffering, repair costs for stationary objects, funeral expenses, medical services and bail bonds. How much liability should you purchase? That is your choice, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as large an amount as possible.
Collision coverage protection
This will pay to fix damage to your Riviera caused by collision with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You have to pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision can pay for things like colliding with another moving vehicle, backing into a parked car and scraping a guard rail. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so you might think about dropping it from vehicles that are older. It’s also possible to raise the deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
Comprehensive or Other Than Collision
Comprehensive insurance pays for damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You need to pay your deductible first and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against claims like rock chips in glass, vandalism, damage from flooding, a tree branch falling on your vehicle and fire damage. The most you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the cash value of the vehicle, so if the vehicle’s value is low consider dropping full coverage.
Save your hard earned cash
Consumers who switch companies do it for a variety of reasons including poor customer service, lack of trust in their agent, delays in responding to claim requests or questionable increases in premium. No matter why you want to switch, finding a new company is pretty easy and you might even save some money in the process.
When buying insurance coverage, you should never buy less coverage just to save a little money. There are many occasions where someone sacrificed comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to discover later that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. Your strategy should be to buy the best coverage you can find at the best price while still protecting your assets.
Cost effective 1992 Buick Riviera insurance can be purchased online in addition to many insurance agents, and you need to price shop both so you have a total pricing picture. Some companies do not provide you the ability to get quotes online and these small, regional companies work with independent agents.
- What does Personal Injury Protection (PIP) Cover? (Allstate)
- How Does Hitting a Deer Impact Insurance Rates? (Allstate)
- Neck Injury FAQ (iihs.org)
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- Cellphones, Texting and Driving (iihs.org)
- Understanding Rental Car Insurance (Insurance Information Insitute)
Frequently Asked Questions
- How Much Does Car Insurance Cost?
- Cheap Car Insurance: Myth or Reality?
- Will a Speeding Ticket Raise My Car Insurance Rates?
- Car Insurance Rates 2018: Why are Prices Increasing?
- How Much Does Car Insurance Cost for a 16 Year Old?
- Which Cars are Cheapest to Insure?
- Does a Teenager with a Learner’s Permit Need to be Listed on my Policy?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Toyota Highlander Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- GMC Sierra Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area