Cheapest 1992 Chevrolet Blazer Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: May 28, 2023
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Trying to find the cheapest insurance coverage rates for your Chevrolet Blazer? Are you tired of scraping the payment together to buy car insurance? You are in the same boat as many other drivers.
Many car insurance companies vie to insure your vehicles, so it can be very hard to choose a insurer and uncover the absolute lowest cost out there.
It’s important to compare rates once or twice a year since insurance rates change quite often. If you had the best rates for Blazer insurance a few years ago the chances are good that you can find a lower rate today. Starting right now, forget all the misinformation about insurance coverage because you’re going to learn one of the easiest ways to find lower rates on insurance coverage.
Pay less for Chevy Blazer insurance
Car insurance is not cheap, but companies offer discounts to reduce the price significantly. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied at the time of quoting, but lesser-known reductions have to be inquired about prior to getting the savings.
- Early Switch Discount – A few companies offer discounts for switching to them prior to your current policy expiring. It’s a savings of about 10%.
- Accident Forgiveness – A handful of insurance companies permit an accident before raising your premiums as long as you don’t have any claims prior to the accident.
- Theft Prevention Discount – Vehicles equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems prevent vehicle theft and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Vehicles equipped with air bags or automatic seat belts can get savings of more than 20%.
- Payment Discounts – By paying your policy upfront rather than paying monthly you could save 5% or more.
- Distant Student – Any of your kids who live away from home without a vehicle on campus can receive lower rates.
- Life Insurance Discount – Select insurance companies reward you with better rates if you take out auto and life insurance together.
It’s important to understand that some credits don’t apply to the entire policy premium. Some only reduce specific coverage prices like liability, collision or medical payments. So when the math indicates you could get a free insurance policy, it just doesn’t work that way. Any qualifying discounts will help reduce your overall premium however.
To see a list of companies with discount insurance rates, follow this link.
How to Lower Your Car Insurance Cost
All major car insurance companies like Allstate, GEICO and Progressive quote coverage prices on their websites. Obtaining pricing is quite easy as you just enter your personal and coverage information into the quote form. Once you submit the form, their system will obtain your credit score and driving record and provides a quote determined by many factors. This helps simplify price comparisons, but having to visit multiple sites and fill out multiple forms gets old quite quickly. Unfortunately, it is important to do this in order to find the best price possible.
A quicker way to find cheaper rates requires only one form that gets prices from a bunch of companies at once. It saves time, helps eliminate reptitive entry, and makes online price comparison a little more enjoyable. As soon as the form is sent, it is rated with multiple companies and you can pick any or none of the quotes that you receive.
If you find a better price you can click and sign and purchase coverage. This process takes just a few minutes to complete and you’ll know if lower rates are available.
To quickly compare pricing, simply click here to open in new window and submit the form. To compare your current rates, we recommend you complete the form with the insurance coverages just like they are on your policy. Using the same limits helps guarantee you will have a rate comparison based on the exact same insurance coverage.
Complexity of Chevy Blazer insurance rates
Smart consumers have a good feel for the different types of things that play a part in calculating insurance rates. Having a good understanding of what impacts premium levels helps enable you to make changes that can help you get better insurance rates.
Shown below are some of the factors that factor into your rates.
- Multiple policies with one company can save – Most insurance companies give discounts to people who have multiple policies with them. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. This can amount to 10 percent or more. Even though this discount sounds good, you still need to comparison shop to verify if the discount is saving money.
- Your location affects your rates – Residing in less populated areas can save you money when insuring your vehicles. Fewer people translates into fewer accidents as well as less vandalism and auto theft. City drivers regularly have traffic congestion and much longer commute distances. Higher commute times means more change of being in an accident.
- Pleasure use or commuting – Driving more miles every year the more you will pay for insurance. Most companies apply a rate based upon how you use the vehicle. Autos not used for work or commuting can get a lower rate compared to those used for work or business. Improper usage on your Blazer can cost quite a bit. Ask your agent if your insurance coverage is rated on the proper vehicle usage, because it can save money.
- Choose a safe vehicle and save – Vehicles with high crash test scores are cheaper to insure. The safest vehicles protect occupants better and fewer injuries translates into savings for insurance companies and lower rates for you. If your Chevy has ratings of a minimum four stars on Safercar.gov it is probably cheaper to insure.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Tailor your coverage to you
When choosing the right insurance coverage for your vehicles, there isn’t really a “perfect” insurance plan. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s so this has to be addressed. These are some specific questions could help you determine if your insurance needs may require specific advice.
- Should I put collision coverage on all my vehicles?
- Do I pay less if my vehicle is kept in my garage?
- Is my cargo covered for damage or theft?
- Does my personal policy cover me when driving out-of-state?
- Can I rent a car in Mexico?
- Can I pay claims out-of-pocket if I buy high deductibles?
- Should I bundle my homeowners policy with my auto?
If you’re not sure about those questions, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, simply complete this short form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area.
Misconceptions in insurance coverage advertisements
Allstate, GEICO and Progressive continually stream ads on television and other media. All the companies make an identical promise about savings after switching to them. How can each company say the same thing? It’s all in the numbers.
Different companies have a preferred profile for the driver they prefer to insure. For example, a preferred risk might be between 30 and 50, has no driving citations, and drives newer vehicles. Any driver who fits that profile is entitled to the best price and as a result will probably cut their rates substantially.
Consumers who don’t meet the requirements will be charged a more expensive rate and ends up with business not being written. The ads state “customers who switch” not “everyone that quotes” save that kind of money. That is how companies can truthfully advertise the way they do.
That is why you need to compare many company’s rates. It’s just too difficult to predict the company that will have the lowest Chevy Blazer insurance rates.
Learn about insurance coverages for a Chevy Blazer
Knowing the specifics of your insurance policy can help you determine the right coverages for your vehicles. Insurance terms can be difficult to understand and nobody wants to actually read their policy. Below you’ll find typical coverages available from insurance companies.
Coverage for collisions
This will pay to fix damage to your Blazer resulting from colliding with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You first must pay a deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision can pay for things like scraping a guard rail, damaging your car on a curb and colliding with a tree. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so consider dropping it from vehicles that are older. It’s also possible to choose a higher deductible to bring the cost down.
Comprehensive (Other than Collision)
This pays to fix your vehicle from damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You first have to pay a deductible then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive coverage pays for things such as a tree branch falling on your vehicle, damage from a tornado or hurricane, hitting a bird and a broken windshield. The most your insurance company will pay is the ACV or actual cash value, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Protection from uninsured/underinsured drivers
This coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants from other drivers when they do not carry enough liability coverage. Covered claims include injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants as well as damage to your Chevy Blazer.
Since many drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits, their limits can quickly be used up. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is very important. Normally the UM/UIM limits are set the same as your liablity limits.
Medical expense insurance
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage provide coverage for short-term medical expenses such as X-ray expenses, nursing services and rehabilitation expenses. They can be utilized in addition to your health insurance policy or if you are not covered by health insurance. It covers both the driver and occupants and will also cover being hit by a car walking across the street. PIP is not available in all states and may carry a deductible
Liability insurance provides protection from damages or injuries you inflict on other people or property by causing an accident. This coverage protects you from claims by other people, and doesn’t cover your injuries or vehicle damage.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. You might see limits of 100/300/100 that means you have $100,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a limit of $300,000 in injury protection per accident, and property damage coverage for $100,000. Occasionally you may see a combined single limit or CSL which limits claims to one amount rather than limiting it on a per person basis.
Liability insurance covers things such as emergency aid, medical services and court costs. How much liability should you purchase? That is your choice, but buy as high a limit as you can afford.
Knowledge is power
We just covered many ways to shop for 1992 Chevy Blazer insurance online. The key concept to understand is the more quotes you get, the better your chances of lowering your rates. You may even find the lowest rates come from some of the smallest insurance companies. Smaller companies may only write in your state and offer lower rates as compared to the big name companies such as GEICO and State Farm.
Lower-priced insurance can be sourced on the web and also from your neighborhood agents, and you need to price shop both to get a complete price analysis. There are still a few companies who may not provide you the ability to get quotes online and most of the time these smaller companies sell through independent agents.
Additional detailed information can be read in the articles below:
- How Much Auto Coverage do I Need? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Avoiding Deer Collisions (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Five Mistakes to Avoid (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Event Data Recorders FAQ (iihs.org)
- Teen Driving and Texting (State Farm)
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I find the cheapest insurance for my 1992 Chevrolet Blazer?
To find the cheapest insurance for your 1992 Chevrolet Blazer, you can follow these steps:
- Shop around: Obtain quotes from multiple insurance providers to compare their rates. This will help you identify the most affordable options available.
- Maintain a clean driving record: Insurance premiums can be influenced by your driving history. Avoid accidents, traffic violations, and claims to keep your premiums lower.
- Choose a higher deductible: A deductible is the amount you pay out of pocket before your insurance coverage kicks in. Opting for a higher deductible can lower your premium, but make sure you can afford the deductible amount if you need to file a claim.
- Consider usage-based insurance: Some insurance companies offer usage-based insurance programs where your premium is based on your driving habits. If you’re a safe driver, this could help you secure lower rates.
- Inquire about discounts: Ask your insurance provider about any available discounts that you may qualify for. These can include multi-policy discounts, good student discounts, or discounts for safety features in your vehicle.
- Maintain a good credit score: In some states, insurance companies consider your credit score when determining premiums. Pay your bills on time and keep your credit utilization low to help maintain a good credit score.
Are there any specific insurance considerations for a 1992 Chevrolet Blazer?
While insurance premiums can vary based on various factors, including the age and condition of the vehicle, here are a few considerations specific to a 1992 Chevrolet Blazer:
- Vehicle value: The value of a 1992 Chevrolet Blazer is generally lower compared to newer vehicles. As a result, the cost of insurance may be lower since the insurer would have to pay less in case of a total loss.
- Safety features: The safety features in your vehicle can impact your insurance rates. While the 1992 Chevrolet Blazer may not have the advanced safety technologies found in modern vehicles, it may still have basic safety features like airbags and seat belts, which can potentially qualify you for some discounts.
- Maintenance and repairs: Older vehicles may require more maintenance and repairs, which can affect insurance rates. It’s a good idea to keep your vehicle well-maintained to minimize the risk of breakdowns and accidents.
- Customizations and modifications: If you have made any customizations or modifications to your 1992 Chevrolet Blazer, such as aftermarket parts or performance enhancements, it’s important to notify your insurance provider. These modifications may impact your premiums and coverage.
Can I get classic car insurance for my 1992 Chevrolet Blazer?
While the term “classic car” typically refers to vehicles that are at least 20 to 25 years old and have historical or collector’s value, the 1992 Chevrolet Blazer may not meet the criteria for classic car insurance. However, some insurance providers may offer specialized policies for older vehicles that are not considered classic cars. It’s recommended to check with insurance companies that specialize in classic car coverage or reach out to your current insurance provider to inquire about specific options for your 1992 Chevrolet Blazer.
Are there any recommended insurance providers for insuring a 1992 Chevrolet Blazer?
The availability and pricing of insurance policies can vary based on your location and personal circumstances. It’s recommended to compare quotes from multiple insurance providers to find the best rates and coverage for your 1992 Chevrolet Blazer. Popular insurance companies often provide auto insurance coverage, and you can start by obtaining quotes from companies such as Geico, Progressive, State Farm, Allstate, and Farmers Insurance. Additionally, consider reaching out to local or regional insurance providers, as they may offer competitive rates and tailored coverage options for your specific needs.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Hyundai Santa Fe Insurance
- Nissan Altima Insurance
- Kia Optima Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Ford Focus Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area