Cheapest 1992 Chevrolet S-10 Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: May 28, 2023
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Having to pay for overpriced car insurance can take a big chunk out of your bank account and put a big crunch on your finances. Comparing price quotes is free and is an excellent way to help make ends meet.
Having so many companies to choose from, it is very difficult to choose the most affordable company.
Take discounts and save
Car insurance can cost a lot, but companies offer discounts to help offset the cost. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied when you quote, but less common discounts must be specifically requested before you will receive the discount.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Low mileage vehicles could be rewarded with discounted rates on garaged vehicles.
- Resident Student – Children who attend school more than 100 miles from home and don’t have a car can be insured at a reduced rate.
- Safe Driver Discount – Insureds without accidents may save up to 50% more for S-10 insurance than less cautious drivers.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Vehicles equipped with air bags or motorized seat belts can receive discounts of up to 25% or more.
- New Vehicle Savings – Insuring a new car is cheaper because new vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Clubs and Organizations – Belonging to certain professional organizations could qualify you for a break when shopping for insurance for S-10 insurance.
- Anti-lock Brake System – Vehicles equipped with ABS or steering control can reduce accidents and will save you 10% or more.
- Seat Belt Usage – Requiring all passengers to buckle their seat belts could save 15% off your medical payments premium.
- Save over 55 – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you may qualify for a discount up to 10% for S-10 insurance.
As a disclaimer on discounts, most discounts do not apply to the entire cost. A few only apply to individual premiums such as liability, collision or medical payments. So despite the fact that it appears it’s possible to get free car insurance, insurance companies aren’t that generous. Any amount of discount will cut your premiums.
Car insurance companies who might offer these discounts may include but are not limited to:
Before buying, ask each company how you can save money. Savings might not be offered in every state.
Compare Auto Insurance Costs
There are several ways to compare Chevy S-10 auto insurance quotes, but there is one way that is less labor-intensive and much quicker. You could spend your day driving to local insurance agents in your area, or you could use online quotes to get rates in a matter of minutes.
The majority of car insurance companies enroll in a system that allows shoppers to enter their policy data once, and every company returns a competitive quote based on that data. This system prevents you from having to do form submissions for every auto insurance company.
To find out how much you can save on auto insurance click to open in new window.
The only drawback to using this type of system is you are unable to specify the insurers you will receive quotes from. If you wish to select from a list of companies to request quotes from, we put together a list of auto insurance companies in your area. Click here for list of insurance companies.
It’s up to you which method you use, but be sure to compare apples-to-apples coverage information for every quote you compare. If you use differing limits it will be impossible to determine the best price for your Chevy S-10. Slightly different insurance coverages may result in large price differences. And when price shopping your coverage, more quotes gives you a better chance of getting the best offered rates.
Which policy gives me the best coverage?
When buying the best insurance coverage coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is no cookie cutter policy. Everyone’s situation is unique so this has to be addressed. For example, these questions can help discover if your situation might need an agent’s assistance.
- Will my rates increase for filing one claim?
- Am I covered if I wreck a rental car?
- How can I get high-risk coverage after a DUI?
- What happens if I owe more than my 1992 Chevy S-10 is worth?
- Should I carry comprehensive and collision coverage?
- How can I find cheaper teen driver insurance?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but you know they apply to you, you might consider talking to an agent. To find an agent in your area, fill out this quick form or click here for a list of insurance coverage companies in your area.
Coverages available on your insurance policy
Having a good grasp of your policy can help you determine the best coverages at the best deductibles and correct limits. Insurance terms can be ambiguous and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording. Below you’ll find typical coverage types offered by insurance companies.
Medical expense insurance – Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP reimburse you for expenses such as chiropractic care, funeral costs and rehabilitation expenses. They can be used in conjunction with a health insurance program or if you are not covered by health insurance. It covers you and your occupants as well as getting struck while a pedestrian. Personal injury protection coverage is not an option in every state and may carry a deductible
Liability car insurance – This coverage will cover damages or injuries you inflict on people or other property that is your fault. It protects YOU from claims by other people. Liability doesn’t cover damage to your own property or vehicle.
Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. You might see values of 50/100/50 which means a limit of $50,000 per injured person, a total of $100,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $50,000 of coverage for damaged property. Some companies may use one number which is a combined single limit which limits claims to one amount rather than limiting it on a per person basis.
Liability coverage protects against things such as repair bills for other people’s vehicles, legal defense fees, emergency aid, court costs and medical expenses. How much liability coverage do you need? That is a decision to put some thought into, but buy as large an amount as possible.
Protection from uninsured/underinsured drivers – Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage gives you protection from other drivers when they either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. This coverage pays for medical payments for you and your occupants as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Due to the fact that many drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required, their limits can quickly be used up. So UM/UIM coverage should not be overlooked. Usually these coverages are identical to your policy’s liability coverage.
Collision – This coverage will pay to fix damage to your S-10 resulting from colliding with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You have to pay a deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision coverage pays for things such as rolling your car, sustaining damage from a pot hole, damaging your car on a curb, driving through your garage door and hitting a mailbox. This coverage can be expensive, so you might think about dropping it from older vehicles. Another option is to raise the deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
Comprehensive (Other than Collision) – Comprehensive insurance coverage pays for damage that is not covered by collision coverage. A deductible will apply then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive can pay for things like a broken windshield, hitting a bird, vandalism, theft and hail damage. The maximum amount you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the market value of your vehicle, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Keep this in mind
We’ve covered a lot of ways to save on 1992 Chevy S-10 insurance. The key thing to remember is the more quotes you get, the higher your chance of finding lower rates. You may even find the biggest savings come from a lesser-known regional company. These companies may often insure only within specific states and give getter rates compared to the large companies like State Farm and Allstate.
Discount insurance can be purchased online in addition to many insurance agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some insurance providers do not provide online price quotes and usually these regional insurance providers provide coverage only through local independent agents.
Helpful learning opportunities
- Auto Insurance Learning Center (State Farm)
- Understanding Your Insurance Deductible (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Booster Seat Ratings (iihs.org)
- Auto Crash Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Determing Auto Insurance Rates (GEICO)
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I find the cheapest insurance for my 1992 Chevrolet S-10?
To find the cheapest insurance for your 1992 Chevrolet S-10, there are a few steps you can take:
- Compare quotes: Shop around and obtain quotes from multiple insurance providers. This allows you to compare prices and coverage options to find the most affordable policy.
- Opt for liability coverage: If your vehicle is older and its value has significantly depreciated, you may consider opting for liability coverage only. This type of coverage meets the legal requirements and is usually less expensive than full coverage.
- Increase deductibles: Choosing a higher deductible can help lower your insurance premiums. Just keep in mind that you’ll need to pay the deductible amount out of pocket if you file a claim.
- Look for discounts: Ask insurance companies about available discounts that you may qualify for, such as safe driver discounts, multi-policy discounts, or discounts for having anti-theft devices installed in your vehicle.
Are there any specific factors that affect the insurance cost for a 1992 Chevrolet S-10?
Yes, several factors can influence the insurance cost for a 1992 Chevrolet S-10, including:
- Age and driving history: Younger drivers or those with a history of accidents or traffic violations may face higher insurance premiums.
- Location: Insurance rates can vary based on where you live. Areas with higher rates of accidents or theft may result in higher premiums.
- Coverage options: The type and amount of coverage you choose will impact your insurance cost. Liability coverage is generally cheaper than full coverage.
- Vehicle usage: If you use your Chevrolet S-10 for business purposes or long commutes, it may affect your insurance rates.
- Vehicle condition and modifications: The condition and modifications of your vehicle can also impact insurance costs. A well-maintained, stock vehicle typically has lower premiums than one with aftermarket modifications.
What is the minimum insurance requirement for a 1992 Chevrolet S-10?
The minimum insurance requirement for a 1992 Chevrolet S-10 may vary depending on the state or country you reside in. However, in most places, liability insurance is typically the minimum requirement. Liability insurance helps cover the costs of property damage or injuries to others if you are at fault in an accident. It’s important to check your local laws and regulations to ensure you meet the necessary insurance requirements.
Can I insure a 1992 Chevrolet S-10 with classic car insurance?
Whether or not you can insure a 1992 Chevrolet S-10 with classic car insurance will depend on the specific requirements and definitions set by insurance companies. Classic car insurance typically applies to vehicles that are at least 20 to 25 years old, well-maintained, and used for limited purposes, such as exhibitions, parades, or occasional pleasure driving. Since the 1992 Chevrolet S-10 is now over 30 years old, it may qualify for classic car insurance with certain providers. However, eligibility criteria can vary, so it’s best to contact insurance companies specializing in classic car coverage to determine if your vehicle qualifies.
Are there any discounts available for insuring a 1992 Chevrolet S-10?
Yes, insurance companies often offer various discounts that can help reduce the cost of insuring a 1992 Chevrolet S-10. Some common discounts you may be eligible for include:
- Safe driver discounts: If you have a clean driving record without any recent accidents or traffic violations, you may qualify for a safe driver discount.
- Multi-policy discounts: Insuring your Chevrolet S-10 with the same insurance provider that covers your home or other vehicles can often lead to a multi-policy discount.
- Anti-theft device discounts: Installing anti-theft devices, such as car alarms or tracking systems, may make you eligible for a discount since they reduce the risk of theft.
- Good student discounts: If you’re a student and maintain good grades, some insurance companies offer discounts as a reward for academic achievement.
- Low mileage discounts: If you drive your 1992 Chevrolet S-10 less frequently, you might be eligible for a discount since lower mileage typically correlates with a lower risk of accidents.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Chevrolet Impala Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Ford Fusion Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area