1992 Chrysler Le Baron Car Insurance Quotes
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Apr 6, 2020
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Sick and tired of robbing Peter to pay Paul each month for car insurance? You are no different than millions of other consumers. Numerous insurance companies battle for your hard-earned dollar, and because of this it can be hard to compare car insurance companies to find the lowest rate
It’s smart to compare rates before your policy renews due to the fact that insurance rates trend upward over time. Just because you had the lowest price on Le Baron coverage last year there is a good chance you can find better rates now. Ignore everything you know about insurance coverage because you’re about to find out the best methods to save money, get proper deductibles and limits, all at the lowest rate.
If you have a current insurance coverage policy or need new coverage, you can follow these tips to find the best rates and still get good coverage. Finding the best rates is easy if you know what you’re doing. Drivers only need an understanding of how to shop for insurance coverage on the web.
Factors that might impact rates for a Chrysler Le Baron
Consumers need to have an understanding of some of the elements that play a part in calculating auto insurance rates. Knowing what influences your rates helps enable you to make changes that can help you get much lower annual insurance costs.
- Do you work long hours in a high stress job? – Occupations like real estate brokers, executives and accountants have higher rates than average attributed to high stress levels and lengthy work days. On the flip side, jobs such as scientists, athletes and retirees get better rates on Le Baron coverage.
- Lower miles equals lower premium – The more you drive in a year the more you will pay for auto insurance. Most insurance companies rate vehicles based on their usage. Autos used primarily for pleasure use receive lower rates compared to those used for work or business. Having the wrong rating on your Le Baron can result in significantly higher rates. Double check that your auto insurance policy is showing the correct driver usage, because improper ratings can cost you money.
- Multi-policy discounts can save money – Some insurance companies will give a discount to policyholders who buy several policies from them such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. Discounts can be 10 percent or more. Even though this discount sounds good, it’s still a good idea to shop around to make sure you are getting the best deal.
- Lower rates with optional equipment – Purchasing a vehicle that has an advanced theft prevention system can help lower your rates. Theft prevention devices such as LoJack tracking devices, vehicle tamper alarm systems or GM’s OnStar system all aid in stopping your vehicle from being stolen.
- Men fork out a little more – Statistics show women are more cautious behind the wheel. However, this does not mean women are BETTER drivers than men. Men and women cause accidents at a similar rate, but men have costlier accidents. Men also have more aggressive citations such as DWI and reckless driving. Youthful male drivers are several times more likely to be in an accident and are penalized with high auto insurance rates.
How much can you save with discounts?
The price of auto insurance can be rather high, but there are discounts available to help offset the cost. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically at the time you complete a quote, but lesser-known reductions have to be requested specifically before being credited. If you aren’t receiving every discount you qualify for, you’re paying more than you need to.
- Air Bag Discount – Vehicles equipped with air bags can receive discounts of 20% or more.
- Senior Discount – Older drivers may qualify for reduced rates on Le Baron coverage.
- Federal Employees – Being employed by or retired from a federal job can earn a discount up to 10% on Le Baron coverage with select insurance companies.
- Auto/Home Discount – When you have multiple policies with one company you may save 10% to 20% off each policy.
- Homeowners Savings – Owning a house may earn you a small savings because maintaining a house shows financial diligence.
- Driver’s Ed – Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to successfully complete driver’s ed class in high school.
Keep in mind that most discounts do not apply to your bottom line cost. Some only apply to specific coverage prices like comp or med pay. So even though they make it sound like all those discounts means the company will pay you, you’re out of luck. But all discounts will bring down the amount you have to pay.
Car insurance companies that possibly offer some of the above discounts include:
It’s a good idea to ask each insurance company which discounts you may be entitled to. Savings might not apply in your area.
Do you really save 40% when you switch?
Consumers constantly see and hear ads that promise big savings by companies like Allstate and Progressive. They all seem to have a common claim of big savings if you switch to them.
But how can every company make almost identical claims?
Different companies can use profiling for the type of driver that is profitable for them. An example of a profitable customer might be profiled as between the ages of 40 and 55, has no prior claims, and drives less than 7,500 miles a year. A propective insured who matches those parameters will get the preferred rates and most likely will save quite a bit of money when switching.
Consumers who are not a match for these standards will be charged higher premiums which usually ends up with business not being written. The ads state “drivers who switch” not “everybody who quotes” save that kind of money. That is how insurance companies can advertise the way they do.
That is why it’s extremely important to get as many comparisons as possible. You cannot predict the company that will provide you with the cheapest Chrysler Le Baron insurance rates.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
How much car insurance do I need?
When it comes to choosing the right insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is no one size fits all plan. Everyone’s situation is a little different and your policy should reflect that. For example, these questions may help highlight if your situation would benefit from professional advice.
- Does medical payments coverage apply to all occupants?
- Can my teen driver be rated on a liability-only vehicle?
- When would I need additional glass coverage?
- Are there companies who specialize in insuring high-risk drivers?
- Is my teen driver covered when they drive my company car?
- Should I have combined single limit or split liability limits?
- Why am I required to buy high-risk coverage?
- Do I have any recourse if my insurance company denies a claim?
- Am I covered if hit by an uninsured driver?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions, you might consider talking to an agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form or click here for a list of insurance coverage companies in your area. It is quick, free and you can get the answers you need.
Car insurance 101
Having a good grasp of car insurance can help you determine the right coverages and the correct deductibles and limits. Car insurance terms can be impossible to understand and reading a policy is terribly boring. Shown next are typical coverage types found on most car insurance policies.
Coverage for collisions
Collision insurance pays for damage to your Le Baron from colliding with another car or object. You have to pay a deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision insurance covers claims like driving through your garage door, scraping a guard rail and rolling your car. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so consider dropping it from older vehicles. You can also raise the deductible to bring the cost down.
This provides protection from damages or injuries you inflict on a person or their property in an accident. It protects you against claims from other people, and does not provide coverage for your own vehicle damage or injuries.
It consists of three limits, bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. You might see liability limits of 25/50/25 which stand for a $25,000 limit per person for injuries, a limit of $50,000 in injury protection per accident, and a total limit of $25,000 for damage to vehicles and property. Alternatively, you may have a combined single limit or CSL which limits claims to one amount with no separate limits for injury or property damage.
Liability coverage protects against things such as repair costs for stationary objects, medical expenses, structural damage, repair bills for other people’s vehicles and loss of income. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is a personal decision, but buy higher limits if possible.
Coverage for medical expenses
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance reimburse you for immediate expenses like X-ray expenses, funeral costs and dental work. The coverages can be used in conjunction with a health insurance policy or if you are not covered by health insurance. They cover not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants and also covers any family member struck as a pedestrian. Personal injury protection coverage is not universally available but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Comprehensive car insurance
This pays for damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. A deductible will apply and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive can pay for claims such as vandalism, hitting a bird and damage from flooding. The highest amount you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the market value of your vehicle, so if the vehicle is not worth much consider dropping full coverage.
Coverage for uninsured or underinsured drivers
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants when other motorists do not carry enough liability coverage. Covered losses include medical payments for you and your occupants as well as damage to your Chrysler Le Baron.
Since many drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits, it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. So UM/UIM coverage should not be overlooked. Usually the UM/UIM limits are set the same as your liablity limits.
Feed the piggy bank
When you buy insurance online, it’s very important that you do not buy less coverage just to save a little money. In many cases, an insured cut collision coverage only to discover later that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. Your aim should be to buy enough coverage at the best price while not skimping on critical coverages.
Throughout this article, we presented many ways to shop for 1992 Chrysler Le Baron insurance online. The key concept to understand is the more times you quote, the better likelihood of reducing your rate. You may even discover the best price on car insurance is with a smaller regional carrier. These companies can often provide lower rates in certain areas compared to the large companies like Allstate and Progressive.
More detailed car insurance information can be read in the articles below:
- Five Tips to Save on Auto Insurance (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Booster Seat Ratings (iihs.org)
- Medical Payments Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Parking Tips to Reduce Door Dings (State Farm)
- Five Mistakes to Avoid (Insurance Information Insitute)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will GEICO insure a car not in my name?
- What is covered in a Jeep powertrain warranty?
- Are Jeeps more expensive to insure?
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- GMC Sierra Insurance
- Toyota Tacoma Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Jeep Grand Cherokee Insurance
- Honda Odyssey Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area