1992 Mitsubishi Mighty Max Pickup Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Mar 18, 2020
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Saving money on car insurance is always hard for consumers not familiar with shopping for insurance online. You have so many options that it can be a real challenge to find lower rates.
It’s a good habit to take a look at other company’s rates occasionally since rates are rarely the same from one policy term to another. If you had the best rates on Mighty Max pickup coverage a year ago the chances are good that you can find a lower rate today. Starting right now, block out anything you think you know about car insurance because we’re going to show you how to quote online to remove unneeded coverages and save money.
Insurance Quote Comparison
The are a couple different ways of comparing price quotes from local insurance companies. One of the best ways to find the cheapest 1992 Mitsubishi Mighty Max Pickup insurance rates consists of shopping online. This is very easy and can be done in a couple of different ways.
- The fastest way to get quotes is a comparison rater form like this one (opens in new window). This type of form prevents you from having to do repetitive form submissions for each company you want a rate for. Filling out one form gets rate comparisons from multiple companies. Recommended for those who want to invest the least amount of time.
- A less efficient way to get quotes online is to manually visit each individual company website and fill out their own quote form. For example, let’s assume you want to compare rates from Liberty Mutual, Allstate and American Family. To find out each rate you need to spend time on each company’s site to input your insurance information, which is why the first method is quicker.
To view a list of companies in your area, click here.
Which method you use is up to you, but be sure to compare exactly the same coverage information for each price quote. If each company quotes higher or lower deductibles it will be impossible to make an equal comparison. Slightly different coverage limits may result in large price differences. Just remember that comparing more company’s prices helps you find lower pricing.
Cut prices on 1992 Mitsubishi Mighty Max Pickup insurance
Companies offering auto insurance do not list all their discounts very clearly, so we researched some of the best known and the more hidden savings tricks you should be using.
- Multiple Policy Discount – When you have multiple policies with one insurance company you will save 10% to 20% off each policy.
- Save with a New Car – Putting insurance coverage on a new car can be considerably cheaper due to better safety requirements for new cars.
- Driver’s Ed – Have your child complete a driver education course in school.
- Sign Early and Save – A few companies offer discounts for signing up before your current expiration date. It can save you around 10%.
- No Charge for an Accident – Certain companies permit an accident without raising rates so long as you haven’t had any claims for a certain period of time.
- Federal Government Employee – Simply working for the federal government could cut as much as 10% off on Mighty Max pickup coverage depending on your company.
- Memberships – Participating in a qualifying organization could trigger savings on your policy on Mighty Max pickup coverage.
Keep in mind that some credits don’t apply to all coverage premiums. A few only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like physical damage coverage or medical payments. So when it seems like it’s possible to get free car insurance, you’re out of luck.
To see a list of insurance companies offering auto insurance discounts, follow this link.
Mitsubishi Mighty Max Pickup premiums are determined by many factors
Consumers need to have an understanding of the factors that play a part in calculating car insurance rates. Having a good understanding of what determines base rates helps enable you to make changes that could result in big savings.
Shown below are a partial list of the pieces that factor into premiums.
- Do you need the policy add-ons? – There are a ton of extra bells and whistles you can purchase when buying car insurance. Coverages like personal injury protection, better glass coverage and additional equipment coverage are examples of these. These may sound like a good investment initially, but now you might not need them so get rid of them and save.
- Rates may be lower depending on your job – Did you know your car insurance rates can be affected by your occupation? Occupations like lawyers, architects and dentists are shown to have the highest average rates attributed to stressful work requirements and long work hours. Other occupations such as actors, historians and performers pay the least on Mighty Max pickup coverage.
- More people means more accidents – Residing in small towns and rural areas is a positive aspect when talking about car insurance. Lower population means fewer accidents and also fewer theft and vandalism claims. City drivers have more traffic problems and longer commutes to work. More time commuting means more change of being in an accident.
- Lower rates with optional equipment – Owning a car that has an advanced theft prevention system can help bring down rates. Theft prevention devices such as tamper alarm systems, vehicle immobilizer technology and General Motors OnStar can help prevent car theft.
- Allowing your policy to lapse raises rates – Having an insurance coverage lapse will be a fast way to trigger a rate increase. And not only will your rates increase, but being ticketed for driving with no insurance will get you a hefty fine and possibly a revoked license.You may then be required to submit proof of financial responsibility or a SR-22 with your state DMV.
- Pleasure use saves money – The more you drive in a year the higher your rate. Most insurance companies apply a rate determined by how the vehicle is used. Autos that are left in the garage qualify for better rates compared to those used for work or business. Verify your car insurance policy is showing the correct driver usage. If your policy improperly rates your Mighty Max Pickup may be wasting your money.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Tailor your coverage to you
When it comes to choosing proper insurance coverage, there really is no one size fits all plan. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s.
For instance, these questions may help you determine if your situation could use an agent’s help.
- Are my friends covered when driving my 1992 Mitsubishi Mighty Max Pickup?
- Should I buy only the required minimum liability coverage?
- Is my trailer covered?
- Does coverage extend to Mexico or Canada?
- What is no-fault insurance?
- Can my teen drive my company car?
- Are my friends covered when driving my car?
- Do I need replacement cost coverage on my 1992 Mitsubishi Mighty Max Pickup?
- Do I need motorclub coverage?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you might consider talking to an agent. To find an agent in your area, fill out this quick form.
Information about specific coverages
Knowing the specifics of car insurance helps when choosing appropriate coverage and proper limits and deductibles. The terms used in a policy can be confusing and nobody wants to actually read their policy.
Collision insurance pays for damage to your Mighty Max Pickup resulting from a collision with another car or object. You will need to pay your deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision can pay for things such as damaging your car on a curb, colliding with another moving vehicle, crashing into a building, scraping a guard rail and hitting a mailbox. This coverage can be expensive, so you might think about dropping it from vehicles that are 8 years or older. It’s also possible to bump up the deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
Medical expense coverage
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage reimburse you for short-term medical expenses for things like rehabilitation expenses, nursing services, funeral costs and pain medications. They are used in conjunction with a health insurance policy or if you lack health insurance entirely. Medical payments and PIP cover you and your occupants in addition to being hit by a car walking across the street. Personal injury protection coverage is not available in all states but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Liability auto insurance
Liability coverage can cover damage that occurs to people or other property in an accident. It protects you from claims by other people. Liability doesn’t cover your injuries or vehicle damage.
It consists of three limits, bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. As an example, you may have policy limits of 25/50/25 which stand for a limit of $25,000 per injured person, a per accident bodily injury limit of $50,000, and a limit of $25,000 paid for damaged property.
Liability coverage pays for things like court costs, repair bills for other people’s vehicles, structural damage, medical expenses and legal defense fees. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is your choice, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as large an amount as possible.
This coverage pays for damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You first have to pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against claims such as a broken windshield, damage from flooding, a tree branch falling on your vehicle and damage from a tornado or hurricane. The highest amount you’ll receive from a claim is the market value of your vehicle, so if the vehicle is not worth much consider dropping full coverage.
Uninsured or underinsured coverage
This provides protection when the “other guys” either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. Covered claims include injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Due to the fact that many drivers carry very low liability coverage limits, their limits can quickly be used up. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is very important.
Coverage on a shoestring budget
As you prepare to switch companies, you should never buy less coverage just to save a little money. Too many times, someone dropped liability limits or collision coverage only to regret that they should have had better coverage. Your aim should be to get the best coverage possible at the best price while still protecting your assets.
In this article, we covered some good ideas how you can get a better price on 1992 Mitsubishi Mighty Max Pickup insurance. It’s most important to understand that the more quotes you get, the higher the chance of saving money. Consumers may even find the lowest priced auto insurance comes from a small local company.
Drivers leave their current company for a number of reasons such as questionable increases in premium, delays in responding to claim requests, being labeled a high risk driver or even poor customer service. No matter why you want to switch, switching auto insurance companies is not as difficult as it may seem.
Additional auto insurance information is available at these links:
- Teen Driving Statistics (GEICO)
- Safe Vehicles for Teens (iihs.org)
- Safety Features for Your New Car (State Farm)
- Shopping for a Safe Car (Insurance Information Insitute)
Frequently Asked Questions
- How Much Does Car Insurance Cost?
- Cheap Car Insurance: Myth or Reality?
- Will a Speeding Ticket Raise My Car Insurance Rates?
- Car Insurance Rates 2018: Why are Prices Increasing?
- How Much Does Car Insurance Cost for a 16 Year Old?
- Which Cars are Cheapest to Insure?
- Does a Teenager with a Learner’s Permit Need to be Listed on my Policy?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Volkswagen Jetta Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Chevrolet Impala Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Jeep Grand Cherokee Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area