Cheapest 1992 Toyota Supra Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: May 29, 2023
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Are you tired of scraping the payment together to buy car insurance? You are in the same boat as the majority of other car owners.
Because there are so many companies to choose from, it can be impossible to choose the lowest cost insurance company.
Save money by taking advantage of these discounts
Auto insurance companies don’t list all available discounts very well, so the following is a list of some of the more common and also the lesser-known discounts you could be receiving.
- Safe Driver Discount – Insureds without accidents may save up to 50% more on Supra insurance than less cautious drivers.
- Early Signing – Select companies give a discount for buying a policy prior to your current policy expiring. This can save 10% or more.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Fewer annual miles on your Toyota can qualify you for lower rates on the low mileage vehicles.
- 55 and Retired – Mature drivers may qualify for a discount up to 10% on Supra insurance.
- Pay Upfront and Save – If paying your policy premium upfront instead of paying each month you may reduce your total bill.
- Multi-policy Discount – When you combine your home and auto insurance with the same insurance company you will save at least 10% off all policies.
A little note about advertised discounts, many deductions do not apply to the entire policy premium. Most only cut the cost of specific coverages such as liability and collision coverage. Even though it may seem like all the discounts add up to a free policy, you won’t be that lucky.
For a list of insurers with discount insurance rates, click here.
When should I use an insurance agent?
When it comes to buying the right insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is not a best way to insure your cars. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs and your policy should reflect that. For example, these questions could help you determine whether your personal situation could use an agent’s help.
- Should I waive the damage coverage when renting a car?
- I have a DUI can I still get coverage?
- Do I need motorclub coverage?
- Am I better off with higher deductibles on my 1992 Toyota Supra?
- Am I getting all the discounts available?
- Is my 1992 Toyota Supra covered for flood damage?
- How can I force my company to pay a claim?
- Am I covered by my spouse’s policy after a separation?
- What is high-risk coverage and where do I buy it?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions, you may need to chat with an agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form or click here for a list of auto insurance companies in your area.
Car insurance coverage information
Having a good grasp of car insurance helps when choosing appropriate coverage for your vehicles. The terms used in a policy can be difficult to understand and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording. Listed below are typical coverage types available from car insurance companies.
Collision coverage pays for damage to your Supra resulting from a collision with another car or object. You first must pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision insurance covers claims like scraping a guard rail, hitting a mailbox and colliding with a tree. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from vehicles that are older. You can also choose a higher deductible in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Medical payments coverage and PIP
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance provide coverage for expenses such as funeral costs, nursing services, prosthetic devices, doctor visits and ambulance fees. The coverages can be used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance plan or if you do not have health coverage. It covers all vehicle occupants in addition to any family member struck as a pedestrian. PIP is not an option in every state but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage
Your UM/UIM coverage protects you and your vehicle when other motorists do not carry enough liability coverage. This coverage pays for injuries to you and your family as well as damage to your Toyota Supra.
Since a lot of drivers have only the minimum liability required by law, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is a good idea.
Liability car insurance
This coverage can cover injuries or damage you cause to people or other property that is your fault. It protects YOU from claims by other people, and does not provide coverage for your injuries or vehicle damage.
Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. Your policy might show values of 50/100/50 that translate to a $50,000 limit per person for injuries, a per accident bodily injury limit of $100,000, and $50,000 of coverage for damaged property.
Liability coverage protects against claims such as repair bills for other people’s vehicles, repair costs for stationary objects and medical expenses. How much liability coverage do you need? That is your choice, but you should buy higher limits if possible.
Comprehensive insurance coverage pays for damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. A deductible will apply then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive coverage protects against things like fire damage, rock chips in glass, damage from flooding and a tree branch falling on your vehicle. The maximum payout you’ll receive from a claim is the market value of your vehicle, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible consider removing comprehensive coverage.
At the end of the day…
The cheapest 1992 Toyota Supra insurance is attainable on the web as well as from independent agents, and you need to comparison shop both in order to have the best chance of saving money. A few companies don’t offer the ability to get a quote online and usually these small, regional companies provide coverage only through local independent agents.
Throughout this article, we presented many tips how you can get a better price on insurance. The most important thing to understand is the more times you quote, the better your chances of lowering your rates. You may even discover the biggest savings come from a small local company. These companies can often insure niche markets at a lower cost than the large multi-state companies such as State Farm and Allstate.
For more information, link through to the following helpful articles:
- Credit and Insurance Scores (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Safety Tips for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Things to Know Before you Cancel Insurance (Allstate)
- Vehicle Size and Weight FAQ (iihs.org)
- Insuring a Leased Car (Insurance Information Insitute)
Frequently Asked Questions
What factors affect the cost of insurance for a 1992 Toyota Supra?
Several factors can influence the cost of insurance for a 1992 Toyota Supra. These may include the driver’s age, driving history, location, annual mileage, coverage options chosen, deductibles, and the overall condition of the vehicle.
Are older vehicles generally cheaper to insure?
Older vehicles, including the 1992 Toyota Supra, may typically have lower insurance premiums compared to newer models. This is because the value of the vehicle tends to decrease over time, which can result in lower claim payouts. However, other factors such as repair costs and the car’s desirability among thieves can still impact insurance rates.
How can I find the cheapest insurance rates for my 1992 Toyota Supra?
To find the most affordable insurance rates for your 1992 Toyota Supra, consider the following steps:
- Shop around: Obtain quotes from multiple insurance providers to compare prices and coverage options.
- Opt for higher deductibles: Choosing a higher deductible can lower your insurance premium but will increase the amount you need to pay out-of-pocket in case of a claim.
- Explore discounts: Inquire about any available discounts, such as bundling multiple policies, good driver discounts, or safety feature discounts.
- Maintain a clean driving record: A history of safe driving with no traffic violations or accidents can help lower your insurance costs.
- Consider usage-based insurance: Some insurers offer usage-based insurance programs that track your driving habits. If you are a responsible driver, this may result in lower premiums.
Can I get classic car insurance for my 1992 Toyota Supra?
Classic car insurance is typically available for vehicles that are considered classics or collectibles. While the 1992 Toyota Supra is considered a classic by some enthusiasts, it may not meet the criteria for classic car insurance with all insurance companies. It’s recommended to reach out to insurers specializing in classic car insurance to determine if they offer coverage for your specific vehicle.
Are there any modifications that can reduce insurance costs for a 1992 Toyota Supra?
Certain modifications to your 1992 Toyota Supra can potentially lower your insurance costs. Installing security features like an alarm system, anti-theft devices, or a GPS tracking system may result in discounts from some insurance providers. However, it’s essential to check with your insurance company beforehand to ensure these modifications will indeed reduce your premiums.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Dodge Grand Caravan Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Hyundai Santa Fe Insurance
- Hyundai Elantra Insurance
- Kia Forte Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area