1993 Honda Prelude Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Mar 24, 2020
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Having to pay for overpriced insurance coverage can take a big chunk out of your savings account and put the squeeze on your family’s finances. Doing a price comparison is free and is an excellent way to slash your bill and have more diposable income. You have so many insurance companies to insure vehicles with, and although it’s nice to have a selection, it can be more challenging to find the lowest cost provider.
Cheap Insurance Comparisons
There are a variety of methods to shop for 1993 Honda Prelude insurance, but some are less time-consuming than others. You can waste a few hours (or days) discussing policy coverages with local insurance agents in your area, or you can utilize the internet to achieve your goal.
Most of the larger companies participate in a marketplace where insurance shoppers only type in their quote data once, and at least one company returns a competitive quote. This prevents consumers from doing quote forms to each individual insurance company. To access this free quoting program, click here to start a free quote.
The single downside to pricing coverage this way is you are unable to specify which companies to receive prices from. So if you want to choose specific providers to compare prices, we put together a list of low cost insurance companies in your area. Click to view list.
Which method you use is up to you, but be sure to compare identical quote information for each comparison quote. If you compare unequal deductibles or liability limits you can’t possibly truly determine the lowest rate.
Lots of discounts mean lots of savings
Insuring your vehicles can cost a lot, but you may find discounts to help offset the cost. Certain discounts will be applied when you complete an application, but a few need to be asked about in order for you to get them. If you aren’t receiving every discount possible, you are paying more than you should be.
- Use Seat Belts – Requiring all passengers to use their safety belts can save 10% or more on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- New Vehicle Savings – Adding a new car to your policy is cheaper due to better safety requirements for new cars.
- Anti-theft System – Anti-theft and alarm systems prevent vehicle theft and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Cars that have steering control and anti-lock brakes can reduce accidents and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Discounts for Safe Drivers – Insureds without accidents can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates on Prelude insurance than drivers with accidents.
- Sign Early and Save – Some companies give discounts for switching policies prior to your current policy expiring. It can save you around 10%.
- Employee of Federal Government – Active or retired federal employment may qualify you for a discount on Prelude insurance with certain companies.
- Good Student Discount – A discount for being a good student can get you a discount of up to 25%. This discount can apply until age 25.
- Memberships – Belonging to a qualifying organization may earn a discount when shopping for insurance coverage on Prelude insurance.
It’s important to note that many deductions do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most cut the cost of specific coverages such as medical payments or collision. Even though it may seem like all the discounts add up to a free policy, it doesn’t quite work that way. But all discounts will help reduce your premiums.
To see a list of insurance companies offering insurance coverage discounts, click this link.
Situations that might require an agent
When it comes to buying the best insurance coverage, there isn’t really a cookie cutter policy. Everyone’s situation is unique and a cookie cutter policy won’t apply. For instance, these questions may help you determine if your situation will benefit from professional help.
- Does my policy cover my teen driver if they drive my company car?
- Is my vehicle covered by my employer’s policy when using it for work?
- What is the minimum liability in my state?
- Is my business laptop covered if it gets stolen from my vehicle?
- Am I covered if I wreck a rental car?
- Do I need rental car coverage?
- Is my cargo covered for damage or theft?
- How does medical payments coverage work?
- What is high-risk coverage and where do I buy it?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but a few of them apply, you may need to chat with an insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, complete this form or go to this page to view a list of companies. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and can help protect your family.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Why your Honda Prelude insurance rates may be high
Consumers need to have an understanding of some of the elements that help determine the rates you pay for car insurance. Having a good understanding of what impacts premium levels empowers consumers to make smart changes that will entitle you to much lower annual insurance costs.
The following are a few of the “ingredients” used by your company to calculate prices.
- Extra coverages can waste money – There are many extra coverages that can waste your money on your Prelude policy. Coverages for personal injury protection, accident forgiveness and motor club memberships may be costing you every month. These may sound like a good investment when you first buy your policy, but if you don’t need them eliminate them to save money.
- Pay less if you’re married – Having a spouse can actually save you money on your policy. Having a spouse means you’re more responsible and it’s proven that drivers who are married are more cautious.
- Don’t let your coverage lapse – Having an insurance coverage lapse is a fast way to bump up your car insurance costs. And not only will your rates increase, but not being able to provide proof of insurance can result in a steep fine or even jail time.You may need to file a SR-22 with your state motor vehicle department.
- Lower deductibles cost more – Physical damage insurance, also known as collision and other-than-collision, is used to repair damage to your Honda. A few examples of covered claims are collision with another vehicle, damage caused by hail, and burglary. The deductibles are how much you are willing to pay before a claim is paid by your company. The higher the amount you have to pay, the lower your rates will be on Prelude insurance.
- Your age impacts your rates – Young drivers are statistically proven to be more careless when behind the wheel so car insurance rates are higher. Older insureds are viewed as being more responsible, file fewer claims and tend to be better behind the wheel.
- Where you live – Choosing to live in less populated areas can save you money when talking about car insurance. Lower population means reduced accidents. Drivers in populated areas have traffic congestion and longer commutes to work. More time commuting can result in more accidents.
- Lower rates with optional equipment – Driving a car with an alarm system can save you a little every year. Theft prevention devices such as tamper alarm systems, vehicle immobilizer technology and General Motors OnStar all hinder your car from being stolen.
- Poor credit can mean higher rates – Having a bad credit score is a large factor in calculating your car insurance rates. So if your credit rating is lower than you’d like, you could pay less to insure your 1993 Honda Prelude by repairing your credit. Drivers who have excellent credit tend to be better drivers and file fewer claims than drivers with poor credit.
Don’t listen to company ads
Drivers get pounded daily by advertisements that promise big savings from the likes of 21st Century, Allstate and State Farm. They all make the same claim about savings if you switch your coverage to them.
How do they all say the same thing? It’s all in the numbers.
All companies can use profiling for the right customer that earns them a profit. For instance, a profitable customer could be between the ages of 30 and 50, has no driving citations, and has excellent credit. A customer getting a price quote who meets those qualifications is entitled to the best price and is almost guaranteed to save a lot of money.
Drivers who fall outside the requirements will be quoted higher prices which usually ends up with the customer not buying. Company advertisements say “customers that switch” not “everybody who quotes” save that much money. That’s the way companies can truthfully advertise the way they do.
This emphasizes why you need to compare as many rates as you can. It’s not possible to predict which insurance company will give you the biggest savings on Honda Prelude insurance.
Insurance coverages explained
Knowing the specifics of insurance can be of help when determining which coverages you need and the correct deductibles and limits. Policy terminology can be ambiguous and reading a policy is terribly boring. Listed below are typical coverages found on most insurance policies.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist (UM/UIM)
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants when other motorists either have no liability insurance or not enough. Covered losses include hospital bills for your injuries and also any damage incurred to your 1993 Honda Prelude.
Because many people only carry the minimum required liability limits, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is a good idea. Usually the UM/UIM limits do not exceed the liability coverage limits.
Comprehensive insurance will pay to fix damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You first have to pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for claims such as a tree branch falling on your vehicle, a broken windshield, theft and hitting a bird. The maximum payout a insurance company will pay at claim time is the actual cash value, so if the vehicle is not worth much consider dropping full coverage.
Auto liability insurance
This will cover damages or injuries you inflict on people or other property that is your fault. This coverage protects you against other people’s claims, and doesn’t cover damage to your own property or vehicle.
Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. You might see liability limits of 50/100/50 that translate to $50,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a total of $100,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and a total limit of $50,000 for damage to vehicles and property. Occasionally you may see one number which is a combined single limit which limits claims to one amount and claims can be made without the split limit restrictions.
Liability coverage protects against things such as loss of income, legal defense fees and medical expenses. How much liability should you purchase? That is a decision to put some thought into, but buy as high a limit as you can afford.
Med pay and Personal Injury Protection (PIP)
Med pay and PIP coverage reimburse you for short-term medical expenses like prosthetic devices, chiropractic care and nursing services. They are often utilized in addition to your health insurance policy or if you do not have health coverage. They cover you and your occupants as well as if you are hit as a while walking down the street. Personal injury protection coverage is not available in all states and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
This pays for damage to your Prelude resulting from colliding with another car or object. You will need to pay your deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision insurance covers claims such as crashing into a ditch, colliding with another moving vehicle and hitting a mailbox. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so you might think about dropping it from vehicles that are 8 years or older. You can also bump up the deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
Compare but don’t skimp
As you shop your coverage around, it’s very important that you do not buy poor coverage just to save money. There are a lot of situations where consumers will sacrifice full coverage only to regret that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. Your goal should be to buy enough coverage at an affordable rate while not skimping on critical coverages.
Cheap 1993 Honda Prelude insurance is attainable on the web and with local insurance agents, and you should be comparing both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some insurance companies do not offer you the ability to get quotes online and usually these smaller companies provide coverage only through local independent agents.
More information is available below:
- Uninsured Motorist Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Collision Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- If I File a Claim will My Insurance Go Up? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Get the Right Protection (InsureUonline.org)
Frequently Asked Questions
- How Much Does Car Insurance Cost?
- Cheap Car Insurance: Myth or Reality?
- Will a Speeding Ticket Raise My Car Insurance Rates?
- Car Insurance Rates 2018: Why are Prices Increasing?
- How Much Does Car Insurance Cost for a 16 Year Old?
- Which Cars are Cheapest to Insure?
- Does a Teenager with a Learner’s Permit Need to be Listed on my Policy?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Subaru Outback Insurance
- Ford Escape Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area