1993 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Mar 20, 2020
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Want cheaper auto insurance rates for your Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme? Buying car insurance is not a chore people relish, but like it or not it is mandatory to be legal on the road.
It’s smart to take a look at other company’s rates quite often due to the fact that insurance rates are constantly changing. Just because you had the best price for Cutlass Supreme coverage last year you will most likely find a better rate today. There is a lot of wrong information about auto insurance online but with this article, you’re going to get some great ideas on how to save money.
If you currently have a car insurance policy, you should be able to reduce your rates substantially using these tips. The purpose of this post is to tell you how to get online quotes and some tips to save money. Although vehicle owners can benefit by having an understanding of how insurance companies compete online and apply this information to your search.
Cut your premium with discounts
Car insurance is not cheap, but there could be available discounts that you may not even be aware of. A few discounts will automatically apply at the time of purchase, but lesser-known reductions have to be manually applied before they will apply.
- 55 and Retired – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you may qualify for a discount up to 10% for Cutlass Supreme coverage.
- Claim Free – Drivers who don’t have accidents can save substantially when compared with drivers who are more careless.
- Braking Control Discount – Cars that have steering control and anti-lock brakes can reduce accidents and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Safe Driver Discount – Safe drivers may save up to 50% more for Cutlass Supreme coverage than their less cautious counterparts.
- Early Signing – Some insurance companies reward drivers for signing up before your current policy expires. This can save 10% or more.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Vehicles equipped with air bags or automatic seat belts may earn rate discounts up to 30%.
- Discount for New Cars – Buying coverage on a new vehicle can save up to 30% due to better safety requirements for new cars.
- Low Mileage – Fewer annual miles on your Oldsmobile could qualify for discounted rates on garaged vehicles.
- Pay Upfront and Save – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time rather than paying monthly you may reduce your total bill.
- Life Insurance – Some companies give better rates if you take out life insurance from them.
It’s important to note that some of the credits will not apply to your bottom line cost. Some only apply to specific coverage prices like comprehensive or collision. So when it seems like you could get a free insurance policy, you’re out of luck. But any discount will cut the amount you have to pay.
To see a list of providers with discount insurance rates, click here to view.
How to Get Cheap Insurance Coverage
When shopping for insurance coverage there are multiple ways of comparing rate quotes from insurance coverage companies in your area. The best way to find competitive 1993 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme insurance rates is simply to get online rate quotes. This can be accomplished in several different ways.
- The recommended way to get quotes is a comparison rater form like this one (opens in new window). This easy form keeps you from doing a different quote for each company you want a rate for. One form gets you price quotes from insurance coverage companies with the best prices. This is by far the quickest method.
- A more time consuming way to get comparison quotes is to take the time to go to the website of each company and fill out their own quote form. For example, we’ll pretend you want to compare rates from Allstate, Farmers and Liberty Mutual. To find out each rate you need to visit each site to input your insurance information, which is why the first method is quicker. To view a list of companies in your area, click here.
It’s up to you how you get prices quotes, just compare exactly the same coverages with every price quote. If you use different values for each quote then you won’t be able to make an equal comparison. Just a small difference in limits can make a big difference in price. And when comparison shopping, comparing more company’s prices gives you a better chance of getting the best offered rates.
What is the best insurance coverage?
When buying the right insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there isn’t really a “best” method to buy coverage. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s.
For example, these questions may help highlight whether you will benefit from professional help.
- Do I need special endorsements for business use of my vehicle?
- How much underlying liability do I need for an umbrella policy?
- Why am I required to buy high-risk coverage?
- Why is insurance for a teen driver so high?
- Should I bundle my homeowners policy with my auto?
- Is a fancy paint job covered?
- Is my teen driver covered when they drive my company car?
If you can’t answer these questions but you know they apply to you, you might consider talking to an agent. To find an agent in your area, complete this form.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Auto insurance coverages
Understanding the coverages of car insurance can help you determine which coverages you need at the best deductibles and correct limits. The terms used in a policy can be ambiguous and nobody wants to actually read their policy.
This coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You need to pay your deductible first and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against things such as hail damage, damage from flooding, hitting a bird, vandalism and fire damage. The maximum payout a car insurance company will pay at claim time is the market value of your vehicle, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value consider dropping full coverage.
Medical payments coverage and PIP
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage reimburse you for expenses such as funeral costs, X-ray expenses, surgery and hospital visits. They are used in conjunction with a health insurance policy or if there is no health insurance coverage. It covers both the driver and occupants in addition to being hit by a car walking across the street. Personal injury protection coverage is not an option in every state but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Liability auto insurance
This coverage can cover damage or injury you incur to other’s property or people. It protects you against other people’s claims, and doesn’t cover your injuries or vehicle damage.
Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. You might see values of 100/300/100 which means $100,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a per accident bodily injury limit of $300,000, and $100,000 of coverage for damaged property. Alternatively, you may have a combined limit that pays claims from the same limit and claims can be made without the split limit restrictions.
Liability insurance covers claims like medical services, structural damage and legal defense fees. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is your choice, but buy as high a limit as you can afford.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage protects you and your vehicle when other motorists do not carry enough liability coverage. Covered losses include injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants as well as damage to your Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme.
Since a lot of drivers have only the minimum liability required by law, it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is important protection for you and your family. Usually your uninsured/underinsured motorist coverages are set the same as your liablity limits.
This pays to fix your vehicle from damage from colliding with a stationary object or other vehicle. You have to pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision can pay for claims like driving through your garage door, hitting a parking meter and rolling your car. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so consider removing coverage from vehicles that are 8 years or older. It’s also possible to raise the deductible to save money on collision insurance.
Don’t be a big spender
Affordable 1993 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme insurance is possible from both online companies and with local insurance agents, and you need to price shop both so you have a total pricing picture. Some companies do not offer you the ability to get quotes online and usually these regional insurance providers provide coverage only through local independent agents.
As you shop your coverage around, don’t be tempted to sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There are too many instances where an insured cut uninsured motorist or liability limits and discovered at claim time that it was a big error on their part. The proper strategy is to purchase a proper amount of coverage at an affordable rate.
In this article, we presented a lot of techniques to get a better price on insurance. The key concept to understand is the more price quotes you have, the better your chances of lowering your rates. You may be surprised to find that the most savings is with an unexpected company.
Helpful learning opportunities
- What is Covered by an Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Auto Crash Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Liability Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)
- What is a Telematics Device? (Allstate)
- Tread Depth and Tire Safety (State Farm)
Frequently Asked Questions
- How Much Does Car Insurance Cost?
- Cheap Car Insurance: Myth or Reality?
- Will a Speeding Ticket Raise My Car Insurance Rates?
- Car Insurance Rates 2018: Why are Prices Increasing?
- How Much Does Car Insurance Cost for a 16 Year Old?
- Which Cars are Cheapest to Insure?
- Does a Teenager with a Learner’s Permit Need to be Listed on my Policy?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Hyundai Tucson Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Jeep Wrangler Insurance
- Hyundai Elantra Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area