Oldsmobile Oldsmobile Cutlass-Supreme Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Mar 20, 2020
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Paying for high-priced Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme insurance can dwindle your personal savings and make it impossible to make ends meet. Comparison shopping is a great way to reduce premiums and put more money in your pocket.
Insurance companies such as Allstate, Progressive and GEICO increase brand awareness with fancy advertisements and consumers find it hard to separate fact from fiction and effectively compare rates to find the best deal.
It’s a good habit to take a look at other company’s rates once or twice a year since rates are constantly changing. Just because you had the best price for Cutlass Supreme insurance a few years ago you may be paying too much now. There is a lot of bad information regarding insurance online, so we’re going to give you some solid techniques on how to quit paying high insurance rates.
Factors influencing Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme insurance rates
Smart consumers have a good feel for the factors that come into play when calculating insurance coverage rates. Understanding what impacts premium levels allows you to make educated decisions that can help you get much lower annual insurance costs.
- Careful drivers pay lower rates – Drivers who don’t get tickets get better rates than their less careful counterparts. Even one speeding ticket can bump up the cost by as much as thirty percent. If you have dangerous violations such as DUI or reckless driving may find they need to submit a SR-22 or proof of financial responsibility to the state department of motor vehicles in order to prevent a license revocation.
- How credit affects insurance coverage rates – Your credit score is a large factor in your rate calculation. People with high credit scores tend to be more responsible than drivers with poor credit. So if your credit history is low, you could pay less to insure your 1994 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme by improving your credit score.
- More miles equals more premium – The higher the mileage driven in a year’s time the higher your rates will be. Almost all companies apply a rate based on how the vehicle is used. Cars and trucks left parked in the garage can get a lower rate compared to those used for work or business. Improper usage on your Cutlass Supreme may be wasting your money. Make sure your insurance coverage declarations sheet shows the correct usage for each vehicle, because it can save money.
- Are you male or female? – Statistics have proven that women are safer drivers than men. That doesn’t necessarily mean that women are BETTER drivers than men. Both sexes are in accidents at a similar rate, but the males cause more damage. They also get more serious tickets such as DWI and reckless driving. Young males are several times more likely to be in an accident and therefore are the most expensive to insure.
Discounts mean cheaper 1994 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme insurance rates
Companies that sell car insurance do not list all available discounts very clearly, so we break down some of the best known and the harder-to-find car insurance savings.
- Resident Student – Kids in college living away from home attending college and do not have a car can receive lower rates.
- Multi-policy Discount – When you have multiple policies with one company you could get a discount of 10% to 20% off each policy.
- Life Insurance Discount – Select insurance companies reward you with a break if you buy life insurance from them.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Insuring multiple cars or trucks on one policy may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Defensive Driver – Completing a driver safety course can save you 5% or more depending on where you live.
- Discount for Good Grades – This discount can get you a discount of up to 25%. The discount lasts well after school through age 25.
- Club Memberships – Affiliation with a qualifying organization is a good way to get lower rates when shopping for car insurance for Cutlass Supreme insurance.
- Service Members Pay Less – Having a family member in the military could be rewarded with lower premiums.
- Theft Prevention Discount – Vehicles equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems prevent vehicle theft and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- One Accident Forgiven – A few companies will forgive one accident before your rates go up if you are claim-free prior to the accident.
Drivers should understand that many deductions do not apply to the entire policy premium. The majority will only reduce specific coverage prices like comp or med pay. So even though they make it sound like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, car insurance companies aren’t that generous.
To see a list of insurance companies with discount car insurance rates, click this link.
Don’t be fooled by advertising claims
Car insurance companies such as Progressive, Allstate and GEICO consistently run ads on TV and radio. They all seem to say the same thing of big savings if you change your policy. How do they all say the same thing? It’s all in the numbers.
Insurance companies can use profiling for the type of customer that earns them a profit. For example, a desirable insured could be between the ages of 40 and 55, has no tickets, and drives less than 7,500 miles a year. Any new insured who matches those parameters gets the lowest rates and therefore will pay quite a bit less when switching companies.
Potential customers who don’t meet the “perfect” profile will be charged higher prices and this can result in business not being written. The ad wording is “customers who switch” not “everyone that quotes” save money. This is how companies can truthfully advertise the savings. That is why drivers should quote coverage with many companies. It’s impossible to know which company will have the lowest Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme insurance rates.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Tailor your coverage to you
When choosing proper insurance coverage, there isn’t really a “best” method to buy coverage. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs so your insurance needs to address that. Here are some questions about coverages that can help discover if you could use an agent’s help.
- When would I need additional glass coverage?
- Does having multiple vehicles earn me a discount?
- Does liability extend to a camper or trailer?
- Is other people’s property covered if stolen from my vehicle?
- Will I be non-renewed for getting a DUI or other conviction?
- Is my cargo covered for damage or theft?
- Are rental cars covered under my policy?
- Do I need higher collision deductibles?
- Does my 1994 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme qualify for pleasure use?
If you’re not sure about those questions, you may need to chat with a licensed agent. If you don’t have a local agent, simply complete this short form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier
What car insurance coverages do you need?
Having a good grasp of your policy helps when choosing the best coverages and proper limits and deductibles. The coverage terms in a policy can be ambiguous and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording. Below you’ll find typical coverage types offered by car insurance companies.
Auto liability – Liability insurance protects you from damages or injuries you inflict on other people or property in an accident. This insurance protects YOU from legal claims by others, and does not provide coverage for damage to your own property or vehicle.
It consists of three limits, bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. You commonly see limits of 25/50/25 that means you have a $25,000 limit per person for injuries, $50,000 for the entire accident, and property damage coverage for $25,000.
Liability coverage pays for things such as emergency aid, medical services and loss of income. How much coverage you buy is a decision to put some thought into, but consider buying higher limits if possible.
Medical expense coverage – Med pay and PIP coverage kick in for expenses for rehabilitation expenses, funeral costs, chiropractic care, hospital visits and X-ray expenses. They can be used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance policy or if you do not have health coverage. Coverage applies to both the driver and occupants and will also cover if you are hit as a while walking down the street. PIP coverage is not an option in every state and may carry a deductible
Comprehensive protection – Comprehensive insurance coverage pays for damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You first must pay your deductible then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive insurance covers things like damage from getting keyed, a tree branch falling on your vehicle, damage from flooding, hitting a bird and hail damage. The maximum payout your car insurance company will pay is the ACV or actual cash value, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Uninsured or underinsured coverage – This protects you and your vehicle from other drivers when they are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. Covered losses include injuries to you and your family and damage to your Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme.
Due to the fact that many drivers have only the minimum liability required by law, their limits can quickly be used up. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is important protection for you and your family.
Collision coverage – Collision insurance will pay to fix damage to your Cutlass Supreme caused by collision with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. A deductible applies then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision can pay for things such as sustaining damage from a pot hole, crashing into a ditch and colliding with a tree. This coverage can be expensive, so consider removing coverage from vehicles that are older. It’s also possible to increase the deductible to save money on collision insurance.
Have money to burn
Cheap 1994 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme insurance can be sourced both online in addition to many insurance agents, so compare prices from both to have the best rate selection. A few companies do not provide online price quotes and many times these small insurance companies only sell through independent insurance agents.
Throughout this article, we presented many ideas to save on insurance. It’s most important to understand that the more price quotes you have, the better likelihood of reducing your rate. Consumers may even find the best prices are with the least-expected company. They can often provide lower rates in certain areas than their larger competitors like Progressive or GEICO.
Much more information about insurance coverage can be found below:
- Insurance Losses by Make and Model (iihs.org)
- Understanding Limits and Deductibles (Allstate)
- What to do at the Scene of an Accident (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Tools for Teen Driving Safety (State Farm)
Frequently Asked Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Hyundai Sonata Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Toyota Highlander Insurance
- Chevrolet Malibu Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area