1993 Suzuki Samurai Insurance Quotes
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Mar 30, 2020
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Trying to find lower insurance rates? Buyers have a choice when searching for low-cost Suzuki Samurai insurance. They can either waste time struggling with agents to compare prices or use the internet to make rate comparisons. There are both good and bad ways to compare insurance rates so we’re going to tell you the best way to compare rates for a new or used Suzuki and find the best price possible either online or from local insurance agents.
It’s a good idea to get comparison quotes yearly since insurance rates go up and down regularly. Just because you found the lowest price for Samurai coverage a couple years back other companies may now be cheaper. There is a lot of bad advice regarding insurance on the internet, so we’re going to give you some great ways to find affordable insurance.
If you have a policy now or are looking for a new policy, you can use these techniques to cut your premiums while maintaining coverages. This article will teach you how to effectively get price quotes and some money-saving tips. Drivers just need to know the tricks to shop for auto insurance over the internet.
Automobile Insurance Quotes
There are multiple methods to compare 1993 Suzuki Samurai auto insurance quotes, but one way is less time-consuming than others. You can waste hours talking to agents in your area, or you could save time and use online quoting to get pricing more quickly.
Most of the best insurance companies enroll in a system that allows shoppers to send in one quote, and at least one company can provide price quotes determined by their information. This saves time by eliminating repetitive form submissions for each company you want a rate for.
To use this form to compare 1993 Suzuki Samurai insurance rates click to open in new window.
The one disadvantage to using this type of system is you are unable to specify the insurers to receive prices from. So if you prefer to choose specific providers for rate comparison, we have a page of companies who write auto insurance in your area. View list of insurance companies.
Which method you use is up to you, but compare the exact same information for every company. If you have different limits and deductibles on each one it’s not possible to decipher which rate is best.
Factors that can influence Suzuki Samurai insurance rates
An important part of buying insurance is that you know the rating factors that come into play when calculating insurance rates. Understanding what controls the rates you pay allows you to make educated decisions that can help you get lower insurance prices.
The list below includes some of the items companies use to determine your rates.
- Lower miles equals lower premium – The more miles you rack up on your Suzuki every year the higher your rate. The majority of insurers apply a rate determined by how the vehicle is used. Cars and trucks that are left in the garage receive lower rates than those used for commuting. Verify your insurance policy properly reflects how each vehicle is driven, because improper ratings can cost you money. If your policy improperly rates your Samurai may be costing you.
- Men fork out a little more – Statistics demonstrate women tend to be less risk to insure than men. However, don’t assume that women are better drivers. Women and men have accidents at a similar rate, but the men cause more damage and cost insurance companies more money. Men also statistically have more aggressive citations such as reckless driving.
- Higher deductibles cost less – The deductibles represent how much money you are required to spend out-of-pocket if you file a covered claim. Coverage for physical damage, commonly called comprehensive (or other-than-collision) and collision coverage, is used to repair damage to your car. Some instances where coverage would apply are colliding with a building, vandalism, and windstorm damage. The higher the amount you are required to pay out-of-pocket, the bigger discount you will receive for Samurai coverage.
- Protect yourself with liability coverage – Liability insurance provides coverage when you are found to be at fault for causing damage or personal injury in an accident. It provides you with a defense in court up to the limits shown on your policy. Liability insurance is quite affordable compared to physical damage coverage, so do not skimp.
- Where you reside plays a part – Living in a small town has it’s advantages when insuring your vehicles. Fewer people means a lower chance of having an accident. Urban drivers regularly have congested traffic and a longer drive to work. Higher commute times means more change of being in an accident.
- Tickets mean higher rates – Even one speeding ticket can increase rates forty percent or more. Good drivers tend to pay less for car insurance than bad drivers. If you have serious violations such as DWI, reckless driving or hit and run convictions may find they need to submit a SR-22 or proof of financial responsibility with their state DMV in order to continue driving.
- A lapse in coverage is a bad thing – Driving with no insurance is a misdemeanor and you will pay a penalty because you let your coverage lapse. And not only will your rates increase, getting caught without coverage may earn you a steep fine or even jail time.
- Better credit scores mean better rates – Your credit score is a huge factor in determining your rates. Drivers with high credit scores tend to file fewer claims and have better driving records than drivers with lower credit ratings. If your credit rating is low, you could be paying less to insure your 1993 Suzuki Samurai by repairing your credit.
Take advantage of discounts
Companies offering auto insurance don’t necessarily list all available discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so we break down both well-publicized and also the lesser-known insurance savings. If you aren’t receiving every discount available, you are throwing money away.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Companies who offer life insurance give a break if you buy auto and life insurance together.
- Homeowners Discount – Simply owning a home can help you save on insurance because maintaining a house is proof that your finances are in order.
- Driver Safety – Taking a course in driver safety could save 5% or more if your company offers it.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles can avoid accidents and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Theft Prevention Discount – Cars that have factory anti-theft systems help deter theft and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Sign Early and Save – Some companies give discounts for buying a policy before your current policy expires. It can save you around 10%.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives – Drivers who require all occupants to use a seat belt can save up to 15% off the personal injury premium cost.
It’s important to understand that most discounts do not apply to your bottom line cost. Some only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. So despite the fact that it appears it’s possible to get free car insurance, insurance companies aren’t that generous.
For a list of companies offering insurance discounts, follow this link.
How to know if you need help
When it comes to buying the best car insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there is no perfect coverage plan. Every insured’s situation is different.
For example, these questions can help discover whether your personal situation would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Can my babysitter drive my car?
- Are there companies who specialize in insuring high-risk drivers?
- Why am I required to get a high-risk car insurance policy?
- Do I need roadside assistance coverage?
- How high should my uninsured/underinsured coverage be in my state?
- Am I covered when driving in Canada or Mexico?
- Can I still get insurance after a DUI?
- Do I need replacement cost coverage on my 1993 Suzuki Samurai?
- Can I afford low physical damage deductibles?
- Does insurance cover damages from a DUI accident?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you think they might apply to your situation then you might want to talk to a licensed agent. If you don’t have a local agent, take a second and complete this form. It is quick, free and can help protect your family.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Auto insurance coverage information
Having a good grasp of insurance helps when choosing which coverages you need and proper limits and deductibles. The terms used in a policy can be confusing and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording.
Protection from uninsured/underinsured drivers
This coverage protects you and your vehicle when the “other guys” are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. Covered claims include injuries to you and your family and damage to your Suzuki Samurai.
Since many drivers have only the minimum liability required by law, it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage should not be overlooked.
Auto collision coverage
Collision coverage covers damage to your Samurai caused by collision with an object or car. You first must pay a deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision can pay for claims like backing into a parked car, sustaining damage from a pot hole, sideswiping another vehicle and crashing into a building. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from vehicles that are 8 years or older. It’s also possible to choose a higher deductible in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Comprehensive (Other than Collision)
This coverage covers damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You first have to pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for things like falling objects, hitting a bird and vandalism. The highest amount a insurance company will pay at claim time is the cash value of the vehicle, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible consider dropping full coverage.
Medical expense insurance
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance reimburse you for immediate expenses for dental work, pain medications, chiropractic care and nursing services. They are used in conjunction with a health insurance policy or if there is no health insurance coverage. Coverage applies to all vehicle occupants and also covers any family member struck as a pedestrian. Personal injury protection coverage is not universally available but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Coverage for liability
This coverage protects you from damage or injury you incur to other’s property or people. This insurance protects YOU from claims by other people, and does not provide coverage for your injuries or vehicle damage.
Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. Your policy might show values of 50/100/50 which means a $50,000 limit per person for injuries, $100,000 for the entire accident, and $50,000 of coverage for damaged property.
Liability insurance covers claims like medical expenses, repair bills for other people’s vehicles, pain and suffering, medical services and repair costs for stationary objects. How much coverage you buy is your choice, but you should buy higher limits if possible.
More quotes. Lower rates.
As you prepare to switch companies, never sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There are many occasions where an accident victim reduced collision coverage only to regret at claim time that they should have had better coverage. The proper strategy is to buy the best coverage you can find at an affordable rate while still protecting your assets.
We just covered a lot of ways to save on 1993 Suzuki Samurai insurance. It’s most important to understand that the more you quote, the better chance you’ll have of finding lower rates. You may be surprised to find that the biggest savings come from the least-expected company.
Low-cost insurance is available from both online companies in addition to many insurance agents, and you need to price shop both to have the best selection. Some insurance companies do not provide online quoting and most of the time these regional insurance providers sell through independent agents.
- Electronic Stability Control FAQ (iihs.org)
- What are my Rights when Filing a Claim? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Neck Injury FAQ (iihs.org)
- Older Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
- What does Personal Injury Protection (PIP) Cover? (Allstate)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will GEICO insure a car not in my name?
- What is covered in a Jeep powertrain warranty?
- Are Jeeps more expensive to insure?
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Jeep Wrangler Insurance
- Toyota Tacoma Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Chevrolet Impala Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Chevrolet Malibu Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area