Chevrolet Chevrolet Blazer Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Jan 15, 2020
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Looking for lower auto insurance rates for your Chevrolet S-10 Blazer? Are you intimidated by the number of auto insurance companies? You’re not the only one! People have so many options available that it can be a ton of work to find lower rates.
Consumers need to check auto insurance prices on a regular basis since insurance rates are usually higher with each renewal. Just because you found the best deal for S-10 Blazer coverage on your last policy you can probably find a lower rate today. You can find a lot of wrong information about auto insurance on the web, but we’re going to give you some excellent ideas to buy auto insurance cheaper.
This article will teach you how car insurance quotes work and some tips to save money. If you are paying for car insurance now, you will be able to cut costs considerably using this information. Although car owners can benefit from knowing how the larger insurance companies price insurance differently.
How to Compare Auto Insurance Costs
To find the best auto insurance prices, there are several ways of comparing rates from auto insurance companies in your area. The best way to find the cheapest 1994 Chevy S-10 Blazer insurance rates consists of shopping online. It is quite easy and can be accomplished using a couple different methods.
- The single most time-saving way to compare a lot of rates at once is a comparison rater form (click to open form in new window). This method prevents you from having to do boring form submissions to each individual auto insurance company. One quote request will get you price quotes direct from many companies. It’s the fastest way to compare.
- A more time consuming way to obtain and compare quotes online is going to each company’s website to complete their respective quote request forms. For instance, let’s assume you want to compare State Farm, Liberty Mutual and GEICO. To find out each rate you need to go to every website and enter your information, which is why the first method is more popular. To view a list of companies in your area, click here.
- The hardest way of comparing rate quotes is driving to local insurance agencies. Shopping for auto insurance online eliminates the need for an insurance agent unless you want the trained guidance of a licensed agent. You can, however, price shop online and get advice from an agent in your area and we’ll touch on that later.
It’s up to you how you get prices quotes, just make absolute certain that you use the exact same quote information for each price quote. If each company quotes different values for each quote you will not be able to decipher which rate is best. Having just a slight variation in coverage limits may result in large price differences. And when comparing auto insurance rates, know that getting more free quotes will enable you to find a better price.
These factors can influence Chevy S-10 Blazer insurance rates
Smart consumers have a good feel for the rating factors that play a part in calculating your insurance coverage rates. Understanding what determines base rates helps enable you to make changes that may reward you with big savings.
Shown below are a few of the “ingredients” that factor into rates.
- With age comes lower rates – Teen drivers are statistically proven to get distracted easily in a vehicle so insurance coverage rates are higher. Mature drivers are more responsible, tend to file fewer claims and receive fewer citations.
- A clean driving record saves money – Even a single citation can bump up the cost forty percent or more. Drivers who don’t get tickets receive lower rates than people who have multiple driving citations. Drivers who get severe violations like DUI or reckless driving may be required to file a proof of financial responsibility form (SR-22) with their state DMV in order to drive a vehicle legally.
- Better crash test results mean better rates – Cars with high safety ratings get lower rates. Safe vehicles have better occupant injury protection and better occupant protection means lower claim amounts and lower rates for you. If your Chevy S-10 Blazer scored better than four stars on Safercar.gov you are probably receiving a discount.
- High numbers of claims are not good – Car insurance companies award lower rates to policyholders who file claims infrequently. If you frequently file small claims, you can expect either a policy non-renewal or much higher rates. Car insurance is designed for larger claims.
- Where you live is a factor – Residing in a rural area can save you money when insuring your vehicles. Lower population means reduced accidents. City drivers regularly have traffic congestion and longer commutes to work. Higher commute times means higher likelihood of an accident.
- More than one policy can earn a discount – The majority of insurance companies will give a discount to people who consolidate policies with them. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. Discounts can be 10 percent or more. Even though this discount sounds good, you still need to comparison shop to confirm you are receiving the best rates possible. Consumers may find a better deal by buying insurance from more than one company.
- Being married can save on insurance coverage – Getting married actually saves money on your policy. It usually means you are more mature and it’s proven that drivers who are married are more cautious.
Are you getting all your discounts?
Car insurance is not cheap, buy you may qualify for discounts that you may not even be aware of. Most are applied at the time of purchase, but some must be inquired about before they will apply.
- Claim Free – Claim-free drivers can earn big discounts compared to bad drivers.
- Student Driver Training – Have your child enroll in driver’s education if offered at their school.
- Homeowners Pay Less – Owning a house may earn you a small savings due to the fact that maintaining a home requires personal responsibility.
- Air Bag Discount – Vehicles equipped with air bags can get savings up to 30%.
- Auto/Home Discount – If you insure your home and vehicles with the same insurance company you could get a discount of 10% to 20% off each policy.
Drivers should understand that most credits do not apply to the entire cost. Most only cut the cost of specific coverages such as comprehensive or collision. So despite the fact that it appears you would end up receiving a 100% discount, companies don’t profit that way. But any discount will reduce the amount you have to pay.
For a list of insurance companies with the best auto insurance discounts, click here to view.
When might I need an agent?
When choosing coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is not a single plan that fits everyone. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s.
For example, these questions could help you determine if you would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Can I get a multi-policy discount?
- How high should deductibles be on a 1994 Chevy S-10 Blazer?
- What is roadside assistance coverage?
- Is a blown tire covered by insurance?
- Will my insurance pay for OEM parts?
- Am I covered when driving a rental car?
- Am I covered when pulling a rental trailer?
- What if I total my 1994 Chevy S-10 Blazer and owe more than it’s worth?
- Are rental cars covered under my policy?
- Is my ex-spouse still covered by my policy?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you may need to chat with a licensed agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, take a second and complete this form.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Information about specific coverages
Knowing the specifics of your auto insurance policy can be of help when determining the right coverages for your vehicles. Policy terminology can be difficult to understand and coverage can change by endorsement.
Coverage for medical payments
Med pay and PIP coverage pay for short-term medical expenses for things like nursing services, funeral costs, EMT expenses, chiropractic care and doctor visits. They are used to fill the gap from your health insurance plan or if you do not have health coverage. Medical payments and PIP cover both the driver and occupants as well as if you are hit as a while walking down the street. Personal Injury Protection is not available in all states but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Liability auto insurance
Liability coverage provides protection from damage that occurs to a person or their property in an accident. This insurance protects YOU from claims by other people, and does not provide coverage for damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
It consists of three limits, per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. You might see policy limits of 50/100/50 which means a $50,000 limit per person for injuries, a limit of $100,000 in injury protection per accident, and a limit of $50,000 paid for damaged property. Another option is a combined single limit or CSL which provides one coverage limit rather than limiting it on a per person basis.
Liability coverage protects against things like medical services, repair bills for other people’s vehicles and repair costs for stationary objects. How much coverage you buy is up to you, but buy higher limits if possible.
Uninsured and underinsured coverage
This coverage provides protection when other motorists either have no liability insurance or not enough. This coverage pays for hospital bills for your injuries and also any damage incurred to your Chevy S-10 Blazer.
Since many drivers carry very low liability coverage limits, it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is very important. Normally these limits do not exceed the liability coverage limits.
This pays to fix your vehicle from damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You first must pay your deductible and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive can pay for things such as hail damage, damage from a tornado or hurricane and falling objects. The maximum amount your auto insurance company will pay is the ACV or actual cash value, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Collision coverage will pay to fix damage to your S-10 Blazer caused by collision with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You have to pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision coverage protects against claims like backing into a parked car, damaging your car on a curb and colliding with another moving vehicle. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so you might think about dropping it from lower value vehicles. Drivers also have the option to raise the deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
Coverage on a shoestring budget
Discount 1994 Chevy S-10 Blazer insurance is available on the web in addition to many insurance agents, and you should compare price quotes from both so you have a total pricing picture. Some companies do not provide online quoting and usually these smaller companies provide coverage only through local independent agents.
Consumers leave their current company for a number of reasons such as high rates after DUI convictions, delays in paying claims, policy cancellation and delays in responding to claim requests. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch choosing a new company is not as hard as you think.
In this article, we presented quite a bit of information on how to get a better price on insurance. The most important thing to understand is the more price quotes you have, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even find the lowest premiums are with the smaller companies.
For more information, link through to the resources below:
- Older Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Keeping Children Safe in Crashes Video (iihs.org)
- How to Avoid Staged Accidents (State Farm)
- Bodily Injury Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
Frequently Asked Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Volkswagen Jetta Insurance
- Chevrolet Malibu Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Hyundai Elantra Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Kia Forte Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area