Cheapest 1991 Chevrolet S-10 Blazer Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: May 27, 2023
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Finding the cheapest insurance coverage on the web may be difficult for people who are new to price shopping online. With a ridiculous number of companies in the marketplace, how can you possibly compare them all to find the lowest price?
How to save on 1991 Chevy S-10 Blazer insurance
Companies offering auto insurance don’t always advertise all available discounts very clearly, so here is a list both well-publicized as well as the least known ways to save on insurance coverage.
- Accident Forgiveness – A few companies permit an accident before raising your premiums as long as you don’t have any claims for a set time period.
- College Student – Any of your kids living away from home attending college and do not have access to a covered vehicle can be insured at a reduced rate.
- Pay Upfront and Save – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time instead of making monthly payments you may reduce your total bill.
- Auto/Home Discount – When you combine your home and auto insurance with the same insurance company you may earn 10% to 20% off each policy.
- Drive Less and Save – Fewer annual miles on your Chevy can earn better rates on cars that stay parked.
Consumers should know that some credits don’t apply to all coverage premiums. Most only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as comprehensive or collision. So even though it sounds like all those discounts means the company will pay you, you’re out of luck.
For a list of providers with discount insurance coverage rates, click this link.
Where Can I Get Cheap Insurance?
The are a couple different ways of comparing rate quotes from different insurance companies. The easiest way to find the cheapest 1991 Chevy S-10 Blazer insurance rates is simply to get online rate quotes. This can be accomplished in a couple of different ways.
- One of the best ways to find the lowest comparison rates is a comparison rater form like this one (opens in new window). This form saves time by eliminating repetitive form submissions for each company. One form submission will get you rate comparisons direct from many companies. This is by far the quickest method.
- A slightly less efficient method to compare rate quotes consists of going to the website of each company to complete their respective quote request forms. For sake of this example, let’s assume you want rates from Allstate, Safeco and Progressive. To get rate quotes you would need to spend time on each company’s site and enter your information, and that’s why the first method is more popular.To view a list of companies in your area, click here.
It’s up to you which method you use, but make darn sure you compare apples-to-apples coverages for every company. If each company quotes different liability limits it’s impossible to determine which rate is truly the best. Slightly different limits may cause a big price difference. And when comparison shopping, comparing more company’s prices provides better odds of finding better pricing.
Tailor your coverage to you
When it comes to choosing coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is not a perfect coverage plan. Every situation is different.
For example, these questions could help you determine if your insurance needs will benefit from professional help.
- Should I file a claim if it’s only slightly more than my deductible?
- Can I rent a car in Mexico?
- Do I need rental car coverage?
- Can my teen drive my company car?
- Does my insurance cover my expensive audio equipment?
- When do I need to add a new car to my policy?
- Does my car insurance cover rental cars?
If you can’t answer these questions but a few of them apply, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed agent. To find an agent in your area, simply complete this short form.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Insurance coverages and their meanings
Understanding the coverages of insurance aids in choosing appropriate coverage at the best deductibles and correct limits. Policy terminology can be impossible to understand and reading a policy is terribly boring.
Protection from uninsured/underinsured drivers
This coverage provides protection from other motorists when they do not carry enough liability coverage. Covered losses include injuries to you and your family as well as damage to your Chevy S-10 Blazer.
Due to the fact that many drivers carry very low liability coverage limits, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage should not be overlooked.
Comprehensive (Other than Collision)
This coverage covers damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You need to pay your deductible first and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against things like damage from a tornado or hurricane, hitting a bird, theft and a broken windshield. The highest amount a insurance company will pay at claim time is the actual cash value, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible consider dropping full coverage.
Medical expense insurance
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage pay for immediate expenses for nursing services, surgery, ambulance fees and rehabilitation expenses. The coverages can be used in conjunction with a health insurance policy or if you are not covered by health insurance. Coverage applies to both the driver and occupants and also covers being hit by a car walking across the street. Personal Injury Protection is not universally available but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
This pays to fix your vehicle from damage from colliding with a stationary object or other vehicle. You first must pay a deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision can pay for things such as colliding with another moving vehicle, crashing into a building, hitting a parking meter and damaging your car on a curb. This coverage can be expensive, so consider removing coverage from vehicles that are 8 years or older. It’s also possible to choose a higher deductible to save money on collision insurance.
Liability insurance can cover damages or injuries you inflict on other people or property. Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. Your policy might show limits of 50/100/50 which means a $50,000 limit per person for injuries, a per accident bodily injury limit of $100,000, and property damage coverage for $50,000.
Liability coverage pays for things such as loss of income, emergency aid and medical expenses. How much liability should you purchase? That is your choice, but you should buy higher limits if possible.
Smart consumers save more
In this article, we covered some good ideas how to lower your 1991 Chevy S-10 Blazer insurance rates. The key concept to understand is the more quotes you get, the better your chances of lowering your rates. Consumers may even find the most savings is with a small local company.
When you buy insurance online, you should never reduce needed coverages to save money. In many instances, an accident victim reduced liability limits or collision coverage to discover at claim time they didn’t have enough coverage. Your goal should be to buy a smart amount of coverage for the lowest price.
People who switch companies do it for any number of reasons including delays in paying claims, delays in responding to claim requests, denial of a claim or being labeled a high risk driver. Whatever your reason, finding the right insurance provider is pretty easy and you might even save some money in the process.
For more information, feel free to visit the following helpful articles:
- Vehicle Insurance in the U.S. (Wikipedia)
- What is Full Coverage? (Allstate)
- Tread Depth and Tire Safety (State Farm)
- Safety Belts FAQ (iihs.org)
Frequently Asked Questions
What factors contribute to the cost of insurance for a 1991 Chevrolet S-10 Blazer?
Several factors influence the cost of insurance for a 1991 Chevrolet S-10 Blazer. These factors include the vehicle’s age, make, and model, as well as its market value, repair costs, safety features, and theft rates. Additionally, your driving history, location, annual mileage, and coverage options can impact the insurance premium.
How can I find the cheapest insurance for my 1991 Chevrolet S-10 Blazer?
To find the most affordable insurance for your 1991 Chevrolet S-10 Blazer, consider the following steps:
- Shop around: Obtain quotes from multiple insurance providers to compare prices and coverage options.
- Opt for a higher deductible: Increasing your deductible can lower your premium, but remember to choose a deductible amount you can afford.
- Maintain a good driving record: A clean driving history with no accidents or traffic violations can help you secure lower insurance rates.
- Bundle your policies: If you have other insurance policies, such as home or renters insurance, consider bundling them with your auto insurance for potential discounts.
- Inquire about discounts: Ask your insurance provider about available discounts, such as multi-car discounts, good student discounts, or safe driver discounts.
- Consider usage-based insurance: Some insurers offer programs where your premium is based on your actual driving habits. If you’re a safe driver, this can result in lower rates.
- Evaluate coverage options: Assess your coverage needs and consider whether you can reduce or adjust certain coverage types to lower your premium.
Are there specific insurance providers that specialize in insuring older vehicles like the 1991 Chevrolet S-10 Blazer?
While specific insurance providers may specialize in insuring older vehicles, it’s recommended to research and obtain quotes from various insurance companies. Many insurers offer coverage for older vehicles, and their rates may vary based on factors like your location and driving history. Comparing quotes from different insurers will help you find the most competitive and suitable coverage for your 1991 Chevrolet S-10 Blazer.
How can I reduce the risk of theft and potentially lower my insurance premium for a 1991 Chevrolet S-10 Blazer?
To reduce the risk of theft and potentially lower your insurance premium, you can take the following precautions:
- Install anti-theft devices: Equip your vehicle with approved anti-theft devices, such as car alarms, immobilizers, or GPS tracking systems. These measures can deter thieves and may qualify you for insurance discounts.
- Park in secure areas: Whenever possible, park your vehicle in well-lit areas, secure garages, or locations with surveillance cameras. This can minimize the risk of theft and vandalism.
- Use visual deterrents: Displaying visible deterrents, such as steering wheel locks or window decals, can discourage thieves and potentially result in lower insurance rates.
- Consider comprehensive coverage: Comprehensive insurance coverage provides protection against theft and vandalism. While it may increase your premium slightly, it can offer peace of mind and financial protection in case of theft-related incidents.
Can I get classic car insurance for my 1991 Chevrolet S-10 Blazer?
Typically, classic car insurance is designed for vehicles that meet certain age and condition requirements. While the 1991 Chevrolet S-10 Blazer may not qualify as a classic car, some insurance providers offer specialized policies for older vehicles. It’s best to check with insurance companies that specialize in classic car coverage to see if they provide options for your specific vehicle.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Chevrolet Impala Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Ford Edge Insurance
- Dodge Grand Caravan Insurance
- Hyundai Santa Fe Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area