1994 Volkswagen Golf Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Nov 17, 2021
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Average insurance rates for a 1994 Volkswagen Golf are $912 a year for full coverage insurance. Comprehensive costs an estimated $132, collision insurance costs $180, and liability costs around $442. Buying a liability-only policy costs as low as $496 a year, and high-risk insurance costs around $1,962. Teenage drivers receive the highest rates at up to $3,742 a year.
Annual premium for full coverage: $912
Rate estimates for 1994 Volkswagen Golf Insurance
Rate data is compiled from all 50 U.S. states and averaged for all 1994 Volkswagen Golf models. Rates are based on a 40-year-old male driver, $500 comprehensive and collision deductibles, and a clean driving record. Remaining premium consists of UM/UIM coverage, Medical/PIP, and policy fees.
Price Range by Coverage and Risk
For a 40-year-old driver, prices range range from as low as $496 for basic liability insurance to a much higher rate of $1,962 for high-risk insurance.
These differences illustrate why anyone shopping for car insurance should compare prices for a targeted area and risk profile, instead of making a decision based on average rates.
Use the form below to get rates for your location.
Enter your zip code below to view companies based on your location that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Recommended Companies for Cheap 1994 Volkswagen Golf Insurance
Scraping up a payment for overpriced Volkswagen Golf insurance can take a big chunk out of your personal savings and make it hard to pay other bills. Doing a price comparison is free and is an excellent way to help make ends meet. Companies like Allstate, Liberty Mutual and State Farm continually bombard you with ad campaigns and consumers find it hard to see through the cute green geckos and mayhem and take the time to shop coverage around.
If you have a policy now or are shopping for new coverage, you will benefit by learning to find the best rates while maintaining coverages. Choosing the best insurance company for you is not rocket science. Drivers only need to know the tricks to compare prices online.
Comprehensive Car Insurance Comparison
Cutting your car insurance rates isn’t really that difficult. You just have to invest a few minutes to compare rate quotes from different insurance companies. This can be done in several different ways.
- The easiest and least time consuming way to find low rates is an all-inclusive rate comparison (click to open form in new window). This method keeps you from doing multiple quote forms for every car insurance company. One form will get you price quotes from several companies.
- A harder way to analyze rates is to manually visit the website for each individual company and fill out their own quote form. For sake of this example, let’s assume you want to compare Progressive, GEICO and Farmers. You would have to take the time to go to each site to input your insurance information, and that’s why the first method is more popular. To view a list of companies in your area, click here.
It’s your choice how you get your quotes, but be sure to compare identical coverages and limits on every quote you get. If you use unequal deductibles or liability limits you will not be able to make an equal comparison.
Don’t believe everything you hear
Consumers can’t get away from ads for car insurance savings from the likes of Allstate and Progressive. They all seem to say the same thing that you’ll save big if you switch your coverage to them.
How can each company claim to save you money?
All the different companies can use profiling for the type of customer that earns them a profit. An example of a driver they prefer might be over the age of 50, a clean driving record, and chooses high deductibles. A customer who fits that profile receives the best rates and as a result will probably cut their rates substantially.
Potential insureds who are not a match for this ideal profile must pay higher premiums which usually ends up with business going elsewhere. The ads say “customers that switch” but not “drivers who get quotes” save that much money. That’s why insurance companies can confidently make those claims.
This illustrates why drivers should get a wide range of price quotes. It’s not possible to predict which car insurance company will give you the biggest savings on Volkswagen Golf insurance.
Volkswagen Golf rate determination is complex
It’s important that you understand some of the elements that go into determining your auto insurance rates. When you know what positively or negatively determines base rates empowers consumers to make smart changes that could result in big savings.
Listed below are some of the factors used by your company to calculate premiums.
- Having a spouse can save you money – Being married can actually save you money on auto insurance. Having a spouse translates into being more mature and responsible it has been statistically shown that being married results in fewer claims.
- Your location is important – Living in a small town has it’s advantages when insuring your vehicles. Fewer drivers translates into fewer accidents as well as less vandalism and auto theft. Urban drivers regularly have congested traffic and longer commutes to work. Higher commute times translates into higher accident risk.
- Drive a safer car and pay less – Vehicles with good safety scores tend to have better insurance rates. Safer cars protect occupants better and fewer injuries translates into fewer and smaller insurance claims and lower rates for you. If your Volkswagen Golf earned at least four stars on Safercar.gov it is probably cheaper to insure.
- How many coverages with the same company – Most auto insurance companies will award you with lower prices to customers who buy several policies from them. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. Discounts can amount to ten or even up to twenty percent in some cases. Even with this discount, you still need to compare other company rates to verify if the discount is saving money.
- Policy add-ons can waste money – There are a lot of add-on coverages that can waste your money when buying auto insurance. Things like vanishing deductibles, accident forgiveness and additional equipment coverage may be wasting your money. These may sound like a good investment when you first buy your policy, but now you might not need them so remove them from your policy.
Save money by taking advantage of these discounts
Car insurance is not cheap, but discounts can save money and there are some available to help offset the cost. Some trigger automatically when you complete an application, but less common discounts must be specially asked for before being credited. If they aren’t giving you every credit possible, you are paying more than you should be.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Driving fewer miles can qualify you for a substantially lower rate.
- Claim Free – Good drivers with no accidents can save substantially when compared to bad drivers.
- Good Students Pay Less – Getting good grades can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. The good student discount can last up to age 25.
- Defensive Driver – Taking a course teaching defensive driving skills could cut 5% off your bill depending on where you live.
- Seat Belts Save – Drivers who require all occupants to use their safety belts can save 10% or more off your medical payments premium.
- Passive Restraints – Factory air bags or motorized seat belts can get savings up to 30%.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Vehicles with anti-lock braking systems are safer to drive and will save you 10% or more.
- Homeowners Pay Less – Simply owning a home can help you save on insurance due to the fact that maintaining a home is proof that your finances are in order.
- Student in College – Youth drivers who are attending college without a vehicle on campus can be insured at a reduced rate.
- Clubs and Organizations – Participating in a professional or civic organization could qualify you for a break when buying insurance on Golf coverage.
It’s important to understand that some of the credits will not apply to your bottom line cost. Most only cut individual premiums such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. Even though it may seem like adding up those discounts means a free policy, companies don’t profit that way. Any qualifying discounts will help reduce the cost of coverage.
Companies that may have some of the above discounts include:
- State Farm
- Mercury Insurance
- 21st Century
Check with each insurance company what discounts are available to you. Discounts might not apply in every state.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
When should I use an insurance agent?
When it comes to buying coverage, there isn’t really a perfect coverage plan. Everyone’s situation is unique so your insurance needs to address that. Here are some questions about coverages that might help in determining whether your personal situation may require specific advice.
- When should I drop full coverage on my 1994 Volkswagen Golf?
- Do I have coverage for damage caused while driving under the influence?
- Do I have any recourse if my insurance company denies a claim?
- Do I have newly-aquired coverage?
- When would I need rental car insurance?
- Will my insurance pay for OEM parts?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but one or more may apply to you, you might consider talking to an agent. If you don’t have a local agent, fill out this quick form or click here for a list of insurance coverage companies in your area. It’s fast, free and can provide invaluable advice.
Insurance coverage options for a Volkswagen Golf
Knowing the specifics of a insurance policy can be of help when determining appropriate coverage and proper limits and deductibles. The terms used in a policy can be difficult to understand and coverage can change by endorsement. Below you’ll find typical coverages found on the average insurance policy.
Comprehensive insurance covers damage from a wide range of events other than collision. A deductible will apply then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for things such as vandalism, a tree branch falling on your vehicle and damage from flooding. The highest amount a insurance company will pay at claim time is the actual cash value, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage
This protects you and your vehicle’s occupants from other drivers when they do not carry enough liability coverage. Covered losses include injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants as well as damage to your 1994 Volkswagen Golf.
Because many people only carry the minimum required liability limits, it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is very important. Frequently the UM/UIM limits are set the same as your liablity limits.
This protects you from damage that occurs to other’s property or people in an accident. It protects you against claims from other people, and does not provide coverage for your injuries or vehicle damage.
It consists of three limits, bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. You commonly see liability limits of 25/50/25 that translate to a $25,000 limit per person for injuries, $50,000 for the entire accident, and a total limit of $25,000 for damage to vehicles and property. Alternatively, you may have one limit called combined single limit (CSL) which provides one coverage limit with no separate limits for injury or property damage.
Liability insurance covers things like repair bills for other people’s vehicles, loss of income, emergency aid and bail bonds. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is your choice, but consider buying higher limits if possible.
This covers damage to your Golf caused by collision with an object or car. You have to pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision coverage pays for things like crashing into a building, hitting a mailbox and driving through your garage door. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so consider removing coverage from lower value vehicles. Another option is to raise the deductible to save money on collision insurance.
Medical payments coverage and PIP
Med pay and PIP coverage reimburse you for short-term medical expenses such as nursing services, surgery and dental work. They can be used in conjunction with a health insurance policy or if you do not have health coverage. It covers both the driver and occupants and will also cover if you are hit as a while walking down the street. Personal injury protection coverage is not available in all states and may carry a deductible
More quotes. Lower rates.
Cheaper 1994 Volkswagen Golf insurance is available from both online companies in addition to many insurance agents, and you should compare price quotes from both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some insurance providers do not provide the ability to get a quote online and these small, regional companies work with independent agents.
As you prepare to switch companies, it’s a bad idea to sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. Too many times, someone sacrificed physical damage coverage and found out when filing a claim that they should have had better coverage. The proper strategy is to get the best coverage possible at an affordable rate, not the least amount of coverage.
Additional information is available at these links:
- Five Tips to Save on Auto Insurance (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Teen Driving Statistics (iihs.org)
- Steps to Take After an Auto Accident (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Five Mistakes to Avoid (Insurance Information Insitute)
Rates by U.S. City
|New York City, NY||$1,443|
|Los Angeles, CA||$1,557|
Need a specific model?
Choose your model and trim below
Rates by Driver Age
Full coverage, $500 deductibles
Rates by Deductible
Full coverage, driver age 40
Rates by Liability Limit
Full coverage, driver age 40
Rates for High Risk Drivers
Full coverage, $500 deductibles, two speeding tickets, and one at-fault accident
If a financial responsibility filing is required, the additional charge below may also apply.
Potential Rate Discounts
If you qualify for discounts, you may save the amounts shown below.
|5-yr Accident Free||$54|
|5-yr Claim Free||$56|
|Paid in Full/EFT||$32|
Discounts are estimated and may not be available from every company or in every state.