Cheapest 1995 Ford Ranger Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Jun 1, 2023
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Price shopping your insurance coverage is always nearly impossible for consumers new to comparison shopping online. People have so many choices that it can turn into a ton of work to locate the lowest price.
Consumers should take time to compare prices once or twice a year since rates are rarely the same from one policy term to another. If you had the lowest price on Ranger insurance a couple years back you will most likely find a better rate today. So ignore everything you know about insurance coverage because we’re going to show you how to use the internet to save money, get proper coverage and the best rates.
Discounts mean cheaper Ford Ranger insurance rates
Car insurance companies don’t list every discount very well, so we took the time to find both the well known and also the lesser-known savings tricks you should be using.
- College Student – Children living away from home attending college and do not have access to a covered vehicle may qualify for this discount.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – If you pay your bill all at once instead of monthly or quarterly installments you could save up to 5%.
- New Vehicle Savings – Adding a new car to your policy can be considerably cheaper because new vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Cars that have air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems can qualify for discounts up to 30%.
- Government Employees – Simply working for the federal government may qualify you for a discount on Ranger insurance with certain companies.
- Memberships – Participating in a civic or occupational organization could qualify you for a break when buying car insurance on Ranger insurance.
- Theft Prevention Discount – Cars that have factory anti-theft systems can help prevent theft and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
As a disclaimer on discounts, many deductions do not apply the whole policy. A few only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like medical payments or collision. So even though it sounds like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, you’re out of luck.
Car insurance companies who might offer these benefits are:
Before buying, ask each insurance company which discounts you may be entitled to. Some discounts might not be offered in your state.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Tailor your coverage to you
When it comes to buying coverage, there really is not a one size fits all plan. Everyone’s situation is unique.
Here are some questions about coverages that can help discover whether you might need professional guidance.
- Why do I only qualify for high-risk insurance?
- Will I be non-renewed for getting a DUI or other conviction?
- Do I have newly-aquired coverage?
- Do I have coverage when using my vehicle for my home business?
- What exactly is covered by my policy?
- How can I force my company to pay a claim?
- Are there companies who specialize in insuring high-risk drivers?
- How much liability do I need to cover my assets?
- Is my state a no-fault state?
If you’re not sure about those questions, you may need to chat with a licensed insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, complete this form.
Insurance policy specifics
Knowing the specifics of your policy helps when choosing appropriate coverage for your vehicles. Policy terminology can be confusing and coverage can change by endorsement.
Coverage for uninsured or underinsured drivers
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage protects you and your vehicle from other drivers when they do not carry enough liability coverage. This coverage pays for medical payments for you and your occupants as well as damage to your Ford Ranger.
Since many drivers have only the minimum liability required by law, their limits can quickly be used up. So UM/UIM coverage is important protection for you and your family.
This pays to fix your vehicle from damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You first have to pay a deductible and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive insurance covers things such as vandalism, damage from flooding and rock chips in glass. The maximum amount your insurance company will pay is the cash value of the vehicle, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Auto collision coverage
Collision insurance will pay to fix damage to your Ranger resulting from colliding with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. A deductible applies then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision coverage pays for claims like colliding with a tree, hitting a parking meter, colliding with another moving vehicle and hitting a mailbox. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so you might think about dropping it from vehicles that are older. Another option is to increase the deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
Liability insurance will cover injuries or damage you cause to people or other property by causing an accident. This insurance protects YOU from claims by other people. Liability doesn’t cover damage to your own property or vehicle.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. You might see limits of 50/100/50 which stand for a limit of $50,000 per injured person, a total of $100,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and property damage coverage for $50,000.
Liability insurance covers claims such as repair costs for stationary objects, funeral expenses, loss of income and legal defense fees. How much coverage you buy is a decision to put some thought into, but buy as large an amount as possible.
Coverage for medical expenses
Med pay and PIP coverage pay for expenses for prosthetic devices, funeral costs and doctor visits. The coverages can be used to fill the gap from your health insurance plan or if you do not have health coverage. Coverage applies to not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants and also covers if you are hit as a while walking down the street. Personal Injury Protection is not an option in every state but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Keep this in mind
While you’re price shopping online, make sure you don’t skimp on coverage in order to save money. In many instances, someone dropped liability coverage limits and learned later that it was a big mistake. Your aim should be to purchase plenty of coverage at a price you can afford while still protecting your assets.
Cheaper 1995 Ford Ranger insurance can be found both online in addition to many insurance agents, and you need to price shop both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some companies do not provide online price quotes and many times these small, regional companies only sell through independent insurance agents.
You just learned a lot of tips how to save on insurance. The key concept to understand is the more times you quote, the better your chances of lowering your rates. Consumers could even find that the best prices are with some of the smallest insurance companies.
For more information, feel free to visit the resources below:
- Safety Belts FAQ (iihs.org)
- How Much Auto Coverage do I Need? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Determing Auto Insurance Rates (GEICO)
- Parking Tips to Reduce Door Dings (State Farm)
- What is Full Coverage? (Allstate)
- Rental Car Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Insitute)
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I find the cheapest insurance for my 1995 Ford Ranger?
To find the cheapest insurance for your 1995 Ford Ranger, you can take the following steps:
- Shop around: Compare quotes from multiple insurance providers to find the best rates.
- Opt for higher deductibles: Choosing a higher deductible can lower your insurance premium.
- Maintain a good driving record: Having a clean driving history can help you qualify for lower insurance rates.
- Inquire about discounts: Ask your insurance provider about any available discounts, such as multi-car, multi-policy, or safe driver discounts.
- Consider usage-based insurance: Some insurers offer usage-based insurance programs that track your driving habits and offer discounts based on your behavior behind the wheel.
Are there any specific factors that affect insurance rates for a 1995 Ford Ranger?
Yes, several factors can influence the insurance rates for a 1995 Ford Ranger, including:
- Age and driving experience: Younger, less experienced drivers typically face higher insurance premiums.
- Location: Insurance rates can vary depending on where you live due to factors such as crime rates and the likelihood of accidents.
- Vehicle value and repair costs: The Ford Ranger is a smaller truck, and its value and repair costs may be lower, which can impact insurance rates positively.
- Usage of the vehicle: If the vehicle is used for commercial purposes or has a high annual mileage, insurance rates may be higher.
- Claim history: If the vehicle has a history of frequent claims or accidents, insurance rates may be higher.
Does the type of insurance coverage affect the cost for a 1995 Ford Ranger?
Yes, the type of insurance coverage you choose can affect the cost of insuring a 1995 Ford Ranger. Comprehensive and collision coverage typically have higher premiums compared to liability-only coverage. Comprehensive coverage protects against theft and non-collision damage, while collision coverage covers damages resulting from collisions. Liability-only coverage is generally the least expensive option but only provides coverage for damages you cause to others.
Can I reduce insurance costs for a 1995 Ford Ranger by opting for minimum coverage?
While opting for minimum coverage (liability-only) can lower your insurance costs, it’s important to carefully consider the potential risks and financial consequences. Liability-only coverage does not provide protection for damages to your own vehicle, so you would have to bear the expenses out of pocket in case of an accident or other covered events. Assess your individual needs and evaluate the potential risks before deciding on the coverage level.
Are there any specific insurance companies that offer affordable rates for a 1995 Ford Ranger?
Insurance rates can vary significantly between different insurance companies, so it’s essential to compare quotes from multiple providers. Some insurance companies known for offering competitive rates for trucks like the 1995 Ford Ranger include GEICO, Progressive, State Farm, Allstate, and Nationwide. However, rates can depend on various factors, including your location, driving history, and coverage needs, so it’s best to obtain personalized quotes to find the most affordable option for your specific situation.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Hyundai Sonata Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area