1995 Volkswagen Golf Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Apr 27, 2020
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Average insurance rates for a 1995 Volkswagen Golf are $912 a year for full coverage insurance. Comprehensive costs approximately $132, collision insurance costs $180, and liability costs $442. Buying a liability-only policy costs as little as $496 a year, and high-risk insurance costs around $1,962. Teen drivers receive the highest rates at up to $3,742 a year.
Annual premium for full coverage: $912
Rate estimates for 1995 Volkswagen Golf Insurance
Rate data is compiled from all 50 U.S. states and averaged for all 1995 Volkswagen Golf models. Rates are based on a 40-year-old male driver, $500 comprehensive and collision deductibles, and a clean driving record. Remaining premium consists of UM/UIM coverage, Medical/PIP, and policy fees.
Price Range by Coverage and Risk
For a driver in their 40's, prices range range from as low as $496 for the bare minimum liability coverage to the much higher price of $1,962 for a driver who has had serious violations or accidents.
These differences illustrate why everyone should compare rates using their specific location and risk profile, instead of making a decision based on price averages.
Use the form below to get rates for your location.
Enter your zip code below to view companies based on your location that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Recommended Companies for Cheap 1995 Volkswagen Golf Insurance
Searching for the lowest cost insurance coverage on the internet can be difficult for people who are new to online price comaprisons. With so many online companies available, how can consumers have a chance to compare the different rates to find the best price?
You should make it a habit to check insurance coverage prices before your policy renews because rates go up and down regularly. Just because you found the lowest rates on Golf coverage a few years ago you can probably find a better price now. Starting right now, ignore everything you know about insurance coverage because you’re going to get a crash course in the quickest way to find lower rates on insurance coverage.
Discounts on Volkswagen Golf insurance
Insuring your vehicles can cost a lot, but you can get discounts that can drop the cost substantially. Most are applied when you get a quote, but lesser-known reductions have to be manually applied before you will receive the discount.
- One Accident Forgiven – Some insurance companies will forgive one accident before your rates go up if your claims history is clear for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Memberships – Affiliation with a professional or civic organization could qualify you for a break on car insurance on Golf coverage.
- Use Seat Belts – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to buckle their seat belts can save up to 15% off the personal injury premium cost.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – If you pay your bill all at once rather than paying monthly you may reduce your total bill.
- Resident Student – Any of your kids who are attending college and do not have a car can receive lower rates.
- Drivers Education – Have your child complete a driver education course if offered at their school.
- Save with a New Car – Adding a new car to your policy can save up to 30% compared to insuring an older model.
- Homeowners Savings – Owning a house may trigger a car insurance policy discount because maintaining a house demonstrates responsibility.
- Discount for Good Grades – Performing well in school can save 20 to 25%. Earning this discount can benefit you up to age 25.
- Auto/Home Discount – If you insure your home and vehicles with one company you will save approximately 10% to 15%.
It’s important to note that most discounts do not apply the whole policy. A few only apply to specific coverage prices like liability, collision or medical payments. So when it seems like it’s possible to get free car insurance, companies don’t profit that way. Any qualifying discounts will help reduce the amount you have to pay.
To see a list of providers with discount car insurance rates, follow this link.
How to Get Insurance Coverage Comparison Quotes
All major insurance coverage companies quote price estimates online. The process is fairly simple as you just enter your coverage information as requested by the quote form. After the form is submitted, the company’s rating system collects your driving and credit reports and generates a price based on these and other factors.
Being able to quote online streamlines rate comparisons, but the work required to visit a lot of sites and complete many quote forms can be a bit tiresome and repetitive. Unfortunately, it is important to get many rate quotes if you want to find the lowest possible prices on insurance coverage.
The better way to compare rates
The quickest way to compare rates makes use of a single form to obtain quotes from several different companies. It saves time, requires much less work on your part, and makes price shopping online much easier to do. After sending the form, it gets priced with multiple companies and you can pick any one of the quote results.
If the quotes result in lower rates, you can click and sign and buy the policy. This process just takes a couple of minutes and you’ll know if lower rates are available.
To use this form to compare rates, click here to open in new window and fill out the form. If you currently have coverage, we recommend that you enter your coverages identical to your current policy. This ensures you will get rate comparison quotes using the same coverage and limits.
Volkswagen Golf insurance rates can be determined by these details
An important part of buying insurance is that you know the different types of things that come into play when calculating the price you pay for insurance. Knowing what impacts premium levels empowers consumers to make smart changes that could result in lower insurance prices.
- How’s your driving record? – Your driving citation history has a lot to do with how much you pay for insurance. Just one speeding ticket can increase rates by twenty percent. Good drivers have lower premiums compared to drivers with tickets. Drivers who have flagrant citations such as DWI, reckless driving or hit and run convictions may need to file a SR-22 with their state DMV in order to keep their license.
- How credit affects insurance rates – A driver’s credit score is a big factor in your rate calculation. If your credit history is lower than you’d like, you could save money insuring your 1995 Volkswagen Golf by repairing your credit. Drivers who have good credit tend to be better drivers and file fewer claims than drivers who have poor credit.
- Your occupation can affect rates – Jobs such as judges, architects and financial analysts tend to pay higher average rates attributed to high stress levels and long work hours. Conversely, professions such as actors, engineers and the unemployed have the lowest average rates on Golf coverage.
- Where do you drive? – Driving more miles every year the higher your rate. Almost all companies apply a rate based upon how you use the vehicle. Cars not used for work or commuting can get a lower rate compared to those used for work or business. Ask your agent if your insurance coverage shows the proper vehicle usage, because it can save money. If your policy improperly rates your Golf can cost quite a bit.
- Liability coverage protects you – Your policy’s liability coverage is the protection in the event that a jury decides you are liable for damages from an accident. Liability provides legal defense which can cost thousands of dollars. Liability is cheap as compared to coverage for physical damage, so do not skimp.
- An active claims history can cost you – If you frequently file small claims, you can expect higher rates. Auto insurance companies generally give discounts to drivers who do not file claims often. Insurance coverage is intended for the bigger claims that can’t be paid out-of-pocket.
- Big city or small town – Living in a rural area has it’s advantages when it comes to insurance. City drivers regularly have congested traffic and longer commutes to work. Lower population translates into fewer accidents.
- One company can mean more discounts – Many insurance companies will award you with lower prices to insureds who buy several policies from them such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. Discounts can add up to 10 percent or more. Even though this discount sounds good, you still need to shop around to verify if the discount is saving money. You may still find a better deal by buying insurance from more than one company.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Tailor your coverage to you
When it comes to buying the right insurance coverage, there really is not a perfect coverage plan. Each situation is unique.
Here are some questions about coverages that might help in determining if your situation will benefit from professional help.
- Should I waive the damage coverage when renting a car?
- What is covered by UM/UIM coverage?
- Am I covered when pulling a rental trailer?
- Does my medical payments coverage pay my health insurance deductible?
- Is my teen driver covered when they drive my company car?
- Should I drop comprehensive coverage on older vehicles?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but a few of them apply, you may need to chat with an agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, complete this form.
Learning about specific coverages of your insurance policy helps when choosing the best coverages and the correct deductibles and limits. Policy terminology can be confusing and coverage can change by endorsement.
Auto collision coverage
Collision coverage covers damage to your Golf caused by collision with an object or car. You will need to pay your deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision can pay for things such as hitting a mailbox, driving through your garage door, hitting a parking meter, damaging your car on a curb and sideswiping another vehicle. This coverage can be expensive, so consider removing coverage from vehicles that are older. It’s also possible to bump up the deductible to save money on collision insurance.
This covers damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You first have to pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive can pay for things such as damage from a tornado or hurricane, hitting a deer, a broken windshield and falling objects. The most you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the actual cash value, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Med pay and Personal Injury Protection (PIP)
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage reimburse you for expenses like ambulance fees, surgery and X-ray expenses. They are used in conjunction with a health insurance plan or if you do not have health coverage. They cover all vehicle occupants in addition to being hit by a car walking across the street. Personal injury protection coverage is not an option in every state but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist (UM/UIM)
This gives you protection when the “other guys” either have no liability insurance or not enough. Covered losses include injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants and also any damage incurred to your Volkswagen Golf.
Because many people only purchase the least amount of liability that is required, it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is important protection for you and your family. Frequently these coverages do not exceed the liability coverage limits.
This protects you from damages or injuries you inflict on people or other property in an accident. This coverage protects you against other people’s claims. It does not cover damage to your own property or vehicle.
It consists of three limits, bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. You might see liability limits of 25/50/25 which means $25,000 bodily injury coverage, $50,000 for the entire accident, and a total limit of $25,000 for damage to vehicles and property. Occasionally you may see one limit called combined single limit (CSL) which limits claims to one amount and claims can be made without the split limit restrictions.
Liability can pay for things such as pain and suffering, legal defense fees, medical services, repair bills for other people’s vehicles and structural damage. How much liability should you purchase? That is a decision to put some thought into, but buy as much as you can afford.
You can do this!
We just presented some good ideas how to save on 1995 Volkswagen Golf insurance. The key concept to understand is the more rate quotes you have, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may be surprised to find that the best price on insurance is with an unexpected company.
Cheap insurance is attainable online and with local insurance agents, and you need to price shop both to get a complete price analysis. Some companies do not offer you the ability to get quotes online and many times these small insurance companies only sell through independent insurance agents.
People switch companies for any number of reasons including delays in paying claims, extreme rates for teen drivers, poor customer service and even being labeled a high risk driver. Whatever your reason, finding the right insurance provider is not as difficult as it may seem.
Much more information about insurance can be read at these links:
- Anti-Lock Brake FAQ (iihs.org)
- How to Avoid Common Accidents (State Farm)
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- If I File a Claim will My Insurance Go Up? (Insurance Information Insitute)
Rates by U.S. City
|New York City, NY||$1,443|
|Los Angeles, CA||$1,557|
Need a specific model?
Choose your model and trim below
Rates by Driver Age
Full coverage, $500 deductibles
Rates by Deductible
Full coverage, driver age 40
Rates by Liability Limit
Full coverage, driver age 40
Rates for High Risk Drivers
Full coverage, $500 deductibles, two speeding tickets, and one at-fault accident
If a financial responsibility filing is required, the additional charge below may also apply.
Potential Rate Discounts
If you qualify for discounts, you may save the amounts shown below.
|5-yr Accident Free||$54|
|5-yr Claim Free||$56|
|Paid in Full/EFT||$32|
Discounts are estimated and may not be available from every company or in every state.