Cheapest 1996 Buick Regal Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Jun 1, 2023
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Looking for lower insurance rates? Shoppers have a choice when shopping for affordable Buick Regal insurance. They can either waste time calling around to compare prices or use the internet to find the lowest rates. There are both good and bad ways to shop for insurance and we’ll show you the proper way to compare rates for your Buick and find the best price possible either online or from local insurance agents.
You should take the time to do rate comparisons periodically because rates are rarely the same from one policy term to another. Even if you think you had the lowest rates for Regal coverage two years ago you may be paying too much now. Block out anything you think you know about insurance because I’m going to let you in on the secrets to the best way to properly buy coverages while reducing your premium.
If you have insurance now or need new coverage, you can use this information to find the best rates and still get good coverage. This information will instruct you on how car insurance quotes work. Drivers only need an understanding of the most efficient way to shop for insurance coverage online.
Be sure to get all your discounts
Companies offering auto insurance do not advertise every discount in an easy-to-find place, so we researched both the well known and the more hidden discounts you could be receiving. If they aren’t giving you every credit available, you’re just leaving money on the table.
- Driver Safety – Completing a course in driver safety could cut 5% off your bill if your company offers it.
- Early Signing – Some insurance companies reward drivers for signing up before your current policy expires. This can save 10% or more.
- Discounts for Safe Drivers – Drivers who don’t get into accidents may save up to 50% more for Regal coverage than drivers with accidents.
- Clubs and Organizations – Belonging to a civic or occupational organization could qualify you for a break on your policy for Regal coverage.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Vehicles equipped with ABS or steering control can reduce accidents and will save you 10% or more.
- Payment Discounts – If paying your policy premium upfront instead of making monthly payments you may reduce your total bill.
- Save with a New Car – Insuring a new car can be considerably cheaper since new cars are generally safer.
- Good Student Discount – A discount for being a good student can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. Earning this discount can benefit you up until you turn 25.
Drivers should understand that some of the credits will not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Some only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like liability and collision coverage. So even though they make it sound like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, you won’t be that lucky.
Car insurance companies that possibly offer some of the above discounts include:
It’s a good idea to ask each insurance company how you can save money. Discounts may not be available in every state.
Free Quotes for Car Insurance
All major car insurance companies like 21st Century, Allstate and State Farm give prices online. This process doesn’t take much effort as you simply type in your required coverages into the quote form. After the form is submitted, their system will order your driving record and credit report and generates a price based on many factors.
Online quotes makes comparing rates easy, but the time it takes to visit different websites and type in the same information gets old quite quickly. But it’s absolutely necessary to compare as many rates as possible in order to get a better rate.
The easiest way to lower your car insurance bill is to use a quote form to obtain quotes from several different companies. This type of form saves time, reduces the work, and makes online shopping much more enjoyable and efficient. As soon as you send your information, your coverage is rated and you can choose your choice of the quote results. If you find a better price you can click and sign and buy the policy. It takes 15 minutes at the most and may save quite a bit of money.
To quickly use this form to compare rates, click here and fill out the form. To compare your current rates, we recommend you copy coverages and limits as shown on your current policy. This way, you will get rate comparison quotes for the exact same coverage.
Why your Buick Regal insurance rates may be high
An important part of buying insurance is that you know the rating factors that play a part in calculating car insurance rates. When you know what positively or negatively influences your rates allows you to make educated decisions that will entitle you to big savings.
Shown below are some of the items companies use to determine prices.
- Theft deterrents lower rates – Driving a car with a theft deterrent system can save you a little every year. Theft prevention features such as GM’s OnStar, tamper alarm systems and vehicle immobilizers all hinder car theft.
- Do you have a high stress job? – Did you know your car insurance rates can be affected by your occupation? Occupations such as doctors, business owners and financial analysts have higher average rates in part from job stress and lengthy work days. Conversely, occupations like scientists, engineers and performers get better rates for Regal coverage.
- Lower rates come with age – Youthful drivers tend to get distracted easily behind the wheel so car insurance rates are higher. Having to add a teenage driver onto your car insurance can really hurt. Older drivers are more responsible, tend to cause fewer accidents and receive fewer citations.
- High deductibles save money – Deductibles for physical damage define the amount you are willing to pay in the event of a claim. Physical damage coverage, commonly called comprehensive (or other-than-collision) and collision coverage, protects your car from damage. Some examples of claims that would be covered are running into the backend of another car, collision with an animal, and windstorm damage. The more money the insured has to pay upfront, the bigger discount you will receive for Regal coverage.
- Where you live is a factor – Choosing to live in a small town is a positive aspect when it comes to car insurance. Fewer drivers means reduced accidents as well as less vandalism and auto theft. Drivers in populated areas have to deal with more traffic problems and much longer commute distances. More time on the road can result in more accidents.
How do I know if I need professional advice?
When choosing proper insurance coverage for your vehicles, there really is not a one size fits all plan. Everyone’s situation is unique.
These are some specific questions might help in determining whether or not you might need an agent’s assistance.
- Are my friends covered when driving my 1996 Buick Regal?
- Where can I find high-risk insurance?
- Does my car insurance cover rental cars?
- Should I carry comprehensive and collision coverage?
- How much liability do I need to cover my assets?
- Can I get a multi-policy discount for packaging my home and auto coverage?
If you can’t answer these questions then you might want to talk to an insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form. It’s fast, free and can help protect your family.
Car insurance coverages and their meanings
Having a good grasp of a car insurance policy aids in choosing the right coverages and proper limits and deductibles. The terms used in a policy can be confusing and coverage can change by endorsement.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist (UM/UIM)
This coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants from other drivers when they either have no liability insurance or not enough. Covered claims include injuries to you and your family and also any damage incurred to your 1996 Buick Regal.
Because many people only carry the minimum required liability limits, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is a good idea.
Med pay and Personal Injury Protection (PIP)
Med pay and PIP coverage pay for expenses for prosthetic devices, doctor visits, pain medications and chiropractic care. They are often utilized in addition to your health insurance plan or if you lack health insurance entirely. Coverage applies to all vehicle occupants and also covers if you are hit as a while walking down the street. Personal Injury Protection is not an option in every state and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Comprehensive insurance pays for damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You need to pay your deductible first then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive coverage pays for claims such as hitting a bird, rock chips in glass, hail damage, a broken windshield and damage from getting keyed. The highest amount you’ll receive from a claim is the actual cash value, so if the vehicle is not worth much consider removing comprehensive coverage.
This pays to fix your vehicle from damage resulting from a collision with a stationary object or other vehicle. You have to pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision insurance covers things like rolling your car, hitting a parking meter, damaging your car on a curb, backing into a parked car and scraping a guard rail. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so consider dropping it from older vehicles. You can also raise the deductible to bring the cost down.
Liability car insurance
Liability coverage provides protection from damage or injury you incur to other people or property. This coverage protects you from claims by other people. Liability doesn’t cover your injuries or vehicle damage.
Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. As an example, you may have policy limits of 25/50/25 that means you have a limit of $25,000 per injured person, a limit of $50,000 in injury protection per accident, and a limit of $25,000 paid for damaged property.
Liability can pay for claims like loss of income, medical services and pain and suffering. How much liability should you purchase? That is your choice, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as large an amount as possible.
Pennies from heaven
Drivers switch companies for a variety of reasons including extreme rates for teen drivers, unfair underwriting practices, not issuing a premium refund or being labeled a high risk driver. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch finding the right insurance coverage provider can be pretty painless.
Low-cost 1996 Buick Regal insurance is possible on the web in addition to many insurance agents, and you need to price shop both to get a complete price analysis. Some insurance providers do not provide the ability to get a quote online and most of the time these small insurance companies sell through independent agents.
We just presented some good ideas how to reduce insurance prices online. The key thing to remember is the more quotes you get, the better likelihood of reducing your rate. Consumers could even find that the most savings is with some of the lesser-known companies.
Even more information is available in the articles below:
- State Car Insurance Guides (GEICO)
- When is the Right Time to Switch Car Insurance Companies? (Allstate)
- If I File a Claim will My Insurance Go Up? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Auto Theft Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
Frequently Asked Questions
What factors can affect my Buick Regal insurance rates?
Insurance rates for a Buick Regal can be influenced by several factors. Some of the common factors include your driving record, age, location, credit score, the model and year of your Buick Regal, and the coverage options you choose. Insurance companies consider these factors to assess the risk associated with insuring your vehicle and determine the premiums.
How can I find the cheapest insurance rates for my 1996 Buick Regal in 2023?
To find the cheapest insurance rates for your 1996 Buick Regal in 2023, it’s recommended to compare quotes from multiple insurance companies. You can either contact local insurance agents or use online platforms that provide free quote comparisons. By comparing rates and coverage options, you can identify the insurance company offering the most affordable and suitable policy for your needs.
Are there any discounts available for Buick Regal insurance?
Yes, there are discounts available for Buick Regal insurance. Insurance companies offer various discounts to policyholders to help reduce their premiums. These discounts may include safe driver discounts, multi-policy discounts, good student discounts, anti-theft device discounts, and more. It’s important to inquire with insurance companies about the available discounts and see if you qualify for any of them.
Do I need professional advice when choosing insurance coverage for my Buick Regal?
The need for professional advice when choosing insurance coverage for your Buick Regal depends on your specific situation. While it’s possible to research and compare coverage options on your own, some individuals may benefit from consulting an insurance agent. An agent can provide personalized guidance, assess your needs, and help you find suitable coverage options that align with your budget and requirements.
What are the different car insurance coverages and their meanings?
Understanding different car insurance coverages is essential when selecting the right policy for your Buick Regal. Here are some common coverages and their meanings:
- Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist (UM/UIM): Protects you and your vehicle occupants if you’re involved in an accident with a driver who has no insurance or insufficient coverage.
- Med Pay and Personal Injury Protection (PIP): Cover medical expenses for you and your passengers in case of injuries resulting from an accident.
- Comprehensive Insurance: Pays for damage to your vehicle caused by non-collision incidents, such as theft, vandalism, or natural disasters.
- Collision Insurance: Covers damage to your vehicle resulting from a collision with another vehicle or object.
- Liability Car Insurance: Provides protection for injuries or property damage you may cause to others in an accident. It does not cover your own injuries or vehicle damage.
Note: It’s important to review your policy and consult with your insurance provider to understand the specific coverages and limits included in your policy.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Kia Optima Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Hyundai Tucson Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Chevrolet Impala Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area