Cheapest 1996 Chevrolet Caprice Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Jun 5, 2023
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Want better insurance rates for your Chevrolet Caprice? Having to pay for overpriced Chevrolet Caprice insurance can drain your personal savings and make it impossible to make ends meet. Doing a price comparison is a great way to cut your insurance bill. Big companies like Progressive, GEICO and Farmers Insurance promote their brand names with ad campaigns and it is difficult to ignore the flashy ads and take the time to shop coverage around.
Where Can I Get Cheap Insurance Coverage?
Most companies such as GEICO, State Farm and Progressive provide coverage price quotes online. Obtaining pricing is pretty painless as you simply enter your coverage preferences as detailed in the form. Once entered, their system will order your driving record and credit report and gives you a price quote determined by many factors. This streamlines rate comparisons, but having to visit different websites and enter the same data into a form is monotonous and tiresome. But it’s very important to compare as many rates as possible if you are searching for better insurance coverage pricing.
A less time-consuming method to get multiple rate quotes is to use a quote form that analyzes rates from several companies at one time. It’s a real time-saver, reduces the work, and makes quoting online much more efficient. After sending your information, it gets priced and you can choose any one of the quotes returned.
If the quotes result in lower rates, you can click and sign and buy the new coverage. It just takes a couple of minutes and may result in a nice savings.
To save time and find out what other companies charge, simply click here to open in new window and submit your coverage information. If you currently have coverage, we recommend you copy the insurance coverages exactly as they are listed on your policy. This way, you are getting rate quotes using the exact same coverages.
Take advantage of discounts
The cost of insuring your cars can be expensive, but you can get discounts to help bring down the price. A few discounts will automatically apply when you complete an application, but some must be manually applied in order for you to get them. If you aren’t receiving every discount available, you’re just leaving money on the table.
- Homeowners Savings – Owning a home may earn you a small savings because maintaining a house requires personal responsibility.
- Braking Control Discount – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles prevent accidents and will save you 10% or more.
- Resident Student – Any of your kids living away from home attending college and don’t have a car can be insured at a reduced rate.
- Multiple Cars – Insuring all your vehicles with the same company qualifies for this discount.
- Save over 55 – Mature drivers can possibly qualify for better insurance coverage rates on Caprice insurance.
- Auto/Home Discount – When you have multiple policies with one company you may save up to 20% off your total premium.
- Organization Discounts – Affiliation with certain professional organizations may earn a discount when shopping for insurance coverage on Caprice insurance.
- Accident Forgiveness – A handful of insurance companies allow you one accident before hitting you with a surcharge if your claims history is clear for a particular time prior to the accident.
Drivers should understand that many deductions do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. A few only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as liability and collision coverage. So despite the fact that it appears it’s possible to get free car insurance, you won’t be that lucky. But any discount will help reduce the amount you have to pay.
For a list of providers who offer insurance coverage discounts, click this link.
How to know if you need help
When it comes to choosing the best auto insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is no cookie cutter policy. Each situation is unique so this has to be addressed. For example, these questions might help in determining whether your personal situation could use an agent’s help.
- Do I have coverage when using my vehicle for my home business?
- Do I need PIP (personal injury protection) coverage in my state?
- Will I be non-renewed for getting a DUI or other conviction?
- Is motorclub coverage worth it?
- When do I need to add a new car to my policy?
- How does medical payments coverage work?
- I don’t drive much so do I pay less?
If you can’t answer these questions but a few of them apply, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, simply complete this short form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area. It only takes a few minutes and can provide invaluable advice.
Specific coverage details
Learning about specific coverages of a auto insurance policy can be of help when determining which coverages you need at the best deductibles and correct limits. Policy terminology can be impossible to understand and reading a policy is terribly boring. Shown next are the usual coverages found on the average auto insurance policy.
Collision coverages – Collision insurance covers damage to your Caprice from colliding with an object or car. You have to pay a deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision coverage pays for claims like sideswiping another vehicle, rolling your car and crashing into a ditch. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so consider removing coverage from older vehicles. Another option is to raise the deductible to save money on collision insurance.
Medical expense coverage – Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance pay for immediate expenses like chiropractic care, ambulance fees, pain medications, prosthetic devices and EMT expenses. They are often used in conjunction with a health insurance program or if you do not have health coverage. They cover both the driver and occupants and also covers any family member struck as a pedestrian. Personal Injury Protection is not universally available and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Uninsured or underinsured coverage – Your UM/UIM coverage protects you and your vehicle from other motorists when they are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. It can pay for injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants and damage to your 1996 Chevy Caprice.
Since a lot of drivers have only the minimum liability required by law, it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is very important. Most of the time your uninsured/underinsured motorist coverages are similar to your liability insurance amounts.
Comprehensive protection – This coverage covers damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You first have to pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive insurance covers claims such as damage from flooding, hitting a bird, vandalism, rock chips in glass and damage from a tornado or hurricane. The maximum amount you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the market value of your vehicle, so if the vehicle is not worth much it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Liability auto insurance – This coverage provides protection from damage or injury you incur to other’s property or people by causing an accident. This insurance protects YOU from claims by other people, and does not provide coverage for damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. Your policy might show values of 50/100/50 that translate to a $50,000 limit per person for injuries, a limit of $100,000 in injury protection per accident, and $50,000 of coverage for damaged property. Another option is a combined single limit or CSL that pays claims from the same limit rather than limiting it on a per person basis.
Liability can pay for claims like medical expenses, legal defense fees, emergency aid and pain and suffering. How much coverage you buy is up to you, but you should buy higher limits if possible.
Save your hard earned cash
You just read a lot of tips how to shop for 1996 Chevy Caprice insurance online. The key concept to understand is the more providers you compare, the better chance you’ll have of finding lower rates. Drivers may discover the most savings is with the least-expected company. Regional companies often have lower prices on specific markets compared to the large companies like Allstate, GEICO and Progressive.
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, you should never skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. Too many times, someone dropped liability limits or collision coverage and found out when filing a claim that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. The proper strategy is to purchase plenty of coverage for the lowest price, not the least amount of coverage.
Low-cost insurance is definitely available from both online companies as well as from independent agents, so compare prices from both to have the best selection. There are still a few companies who don’t offer online price quotes and many times these regional insurance providers only sell through independent insurance agents.
To learn more, take a look at these articles:
- How do I File a Claim? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- If I File a Claim will My Insurance Go Up? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Speed and Speed Limit FAQ (iihs.org)
- Prom Night Tips for Teen Drivers (State Farm)
Frequently Asked Questions
Where can I find cheap insurance coverage for my 1996 Chevrolet Caprice in 2023?
Comparing quotes from at least three car insurance companies can help you find the most affordable rate. Most major insurance companies, such as Geico, State Farm, and Progressive, provide online platforms where you can obtain insurance quotes. You can compare prices after entering your coverage preferences on their websites.
While it can be time-consuming to visit multiple websites and enter the same data repeatedly, another option is to take advantage of online comparison tools. Our free quote tool helps you obtain rates from multiple companies simultaneously.
Are there any discounts available to reduce the cost of Chevrolet Caprice insurance?
Yes, there are various discounts available that can help lower the cost of insuring your Chevrolet Caprice. Some discounts are automatically applied when you complete an application, while others require manual application. It’s important to make sure you’re receiving all the applicable discounts to maximize your savings.
Keep in mind that not all discounts apply to the overall cost of the policy; some only apply to specific coverages like liability and collision coverage. While it may not be possible to get free car insurance, taking advantage of discounts can still significantly reduce your premium.
How do I know if I need help choosing the best auto insurance coverage for my Chevrolet Caprice?
Choosing the right auto insurance coverage for your Chevrolet Caprice depends on your unique situation. There is no one-size-fits-all policy. If you’re unsure about your coverage needs, ask yourself the following questions:
- Do I know the minimum coverage requirements in my state?
- Do I have a good understanding of the different types of coverage available?
- Have I considered the potential risks and liabilities I may face?
- Am I comfortable navigating the insurance process on my own?
- Do I have any specific concerns or questions about my coverage?
If you’re unable to answer these questions or if some of them apply to you, it may be beneficial to seek assistance from a licensed insurance agent. They can provide personalized advice and help you find the best coverage options for your needs.
What are the specific coverages I should be aware of when it comes to auto insurance for my Chevrolet Caprice?
The common coverages found in an average auto insurance policy include:
- Collision coverage: This covers damage to your Chevrolet Caprice resulting from colliding with an object or another vehicle. You’ll need to pay a deductible, and then your collision coverage will kick in.
- Medical expense coverage: Medical payments and personal injury protection (PIP) insurance cover immediate expenses such as chiropractic care, ambulance fees, pain medications, prosthetic devices, and EMT expenses. They can be used in conjunction with health insurance or as standalone coverage if you don’t have health coverage. These coverages protect both the driver and occupants, including any family members struck as pedestrians.
- Uninsured/underinsured coverage: UM/UIM coverage protects you and your vehicle when you’re involved in an accident with an uninsured or underinsured motorist. It can cover injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants and damage to your 1996 Chevy Caprice. Since many drivers only carry the minimum liability required by law, having adequate UM/UIM coverage is crucial.
- Comprehensive coverage: Comprehensive protection covers damage to your vehicle caused by events other than collisions, such as theft, vandalism, natural disasters, and falling objects.
How can I save money on auto insurance for my Chevrolet Caprice?
Saving money on auto insurance is possible with the following strategies:
- Comparison shopping: Take the time to compare quotes from different insurance providers. The more quotes you compare, the higher your chances of finding lower rates. Consider both online companies and independent agents to have a wider selection of options.
- Maintain a good driving record: Safe driving habits and avoiding accidents and traffic violations can help you qualify for lower insurance rates. Some insurance companies offer discounts for drivers with clean records.
- Increase deductibles: Opting for higher deductibles can lower your insurance premiums. Keep in mind that you’ll be responsible for paying the deductible amount in the event of a claim, so choose a deductible that you can comfortably afford.
- Take advantage of discounts: In addition to the discounts mentioned earlier, there may be other discounts available based on factors like your driving habits, vehicle safety features, or bundled policies. Check with your insurance provider to see if you qualify for any additional discounts.
- Consider reducing coverage on older vehicles: If your Chevrolet Caprice is older and its value has significantly depreciated, you may want to consider dropping certain coverage types, such as collision or comprehensive, which may no longer be cost-effective.
Remember, while it’s important to save money on insurance, it’s equally crucial to ensure you have adequate coverage to protect yourself and your vehicle in the event of an accident.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Toyota Sienna Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Chevrolet Impala Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area