1996 Ford Windstar Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Mar 19, 2020
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Are you overwhelmed by the wide range of auto insurance companies? You’re not alone. There are so many options available that it can be a big hassle to find the perfect company for you.
Buying car insurance is not rocket science. If you currently have car insurance, you will most likely be able to lower your premiums substantially using these tips. But vehicle owners do need to understand how insurance companies sell insurance online and apply this information to your search.
Compare the Market for Insurance Coverage
When shopping for insurance coverage there are multiple ways of comparing rate quotes from insurance coverage companies in your area. One of the best ways to compare 1996 Ford Windstar insurance prices is to perform an online rate comparison. It is quite easy and can be accomplished in several different ways.
- The easiest and least time consuming way to get the best comparison quotes is an all-inclusive rate comparison click to view form in new window. This form keeps you from doing a different quote for every insurance coverage company. A single, simple form will get you price quotes direct from many companies. This is perfect if you don’t have a lot of time.
- Another way to obtain and compare quotes online consists of visiting the website of each company and request a quote. For example, we’ll assume you want to compare Progressive, Liberty Mutual and Allstate. To get rate quotes you would need to take the time to go to each site to input your insurance information, which is why the first method is quicker.
For a list of links to companies insuring cars in your area, click here.
- The most time-consuming method of getting rate comparisons is driving to local insurance agencies. Buying insurance online can eliminate the need for a local agent unless you want the professional guidance of a licensed agent. You can, however, get prices online and still use a local agent and we’ll talk about that later.
It’s up to you which method you use, but ensure you are comparing apples-to-apples coverage limits and deductibles for each price quote. If you enter different deductibles it will be next to impossible to make an equal comparison. Just a small difference in insurance coverages can mean a large discrepancy in price. Just keep in mind that having more price comparisons will increase your chances of finding the best price.
Lower rates by qualifying for discounts
Companies that sell car insurance do not list every available discount very well, so the following is a list of some of the more common and the harder-to-find ways to save on insurance coverage.
- Defensive Driver – Taking a course in driver safety could cut 5% off your bill if your company offers it.
- Drivers Ed for Students – Require your teen driver to take driver’s ed class in school.
- Military Discounts – Being deployed with a military unit can result in better rates.
- Sign Online – A few companies give back up to $50 for buying your policy digitally online.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Factory air bags or automatic seat belts may earn rate discounts of up to 25% or more.
Consumers should know that some credits don’t apply the whole policy. Most only apply to specific coverage prices like comprehensive or collision. Just because it seems like it’s possible to get free car insurance, it doesn’t quite work that way.
A partial list of companies that possibly offer these money-saving discounts are:
Before buying, ask every prospective company which discounts they offer. Some discounts might not be offered in your state.
Car insurance is unique, just like you
When buying proper insurance coverage, there really is no one size fits all plan. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s.
For instance, these questions might point out if you could use an agent’s help.
- Are rock chip repairs covered?
- What if I don’t agree with a claim settlement offer?
- Am I covered if I drive in a foreign country?
- Are split liability limits better than a combined single limit?
- What happens if I owe more than my 1996 Ford Windstar is worth?
- Do I need rental car coverage?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but one or more may apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to an agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Factors that might impact rates for a Ford Windstar
An important part of buying insurance is that you know the rating factors that play a part in calculating the price you pay for insurance. Understanding what controls the rates you pay allows you to make educated decisions that may reward you with lower insurance prices.
Shown below are a partial list of the pieces companies use to determine rates.
- Better crash test results mean better rates – Safer cars tend to have better insurance rates. Safe vehicles protect occupants better and any reduction in injury severity means less money paid by your insurance company and more competitive rates for policyholders. If the Ford Windstar is rated at least an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website you are probably receiving a discount.
- Do you know your deductibles? – Your deductibles represent how much money you are willing to pay before a claim is paid by your company. Physical damage insurance, commonly called comprehensive (or other-than-collision) and collision coverage, is used to repair damage to your car. Some examples of claims that would be covered are colliding with a building, collision with an animal, and windstorm damage. The more the insured has to pay upfront, the bigger discount you will receive for Windstar insurance.
- Don’t sacrifice liability coverage – Liability coverage provides coverage if ever a jury decides you are liable for damages from an accident. Liability insurance provides legal defense coverage which can cost thousands of dollars. This coverage is very inexpensive when compared with rates for comp and collision, so drivers should carry high limits.
- Your location is important – Being located in a rural area has it’s advantages when it comes to insurance. Fewer people means a lower chance of having an accident as well as less vandalism and auto theft. Drivers who live in large cities have to deal with congested traffic and a longer drive to work. More time on the road means higher likelihood of an accident.
- Policy add-ons can waste money – There are a ton of extra coverages that you can buy if you aren’t careful. Insurance for personal injury protection, towing coverage and additional equipment coverage may be costing you every month. They may seem like a good idea when you first buy your policy, but now you might not need them so eliminate the coverages to reduce your premium.
- Are you male or female? – Statistics show women are more cautious behind the wheel. That doesn’t necessarily mean that women are better drivers. They both cause accidents in similar numbers, but the males cause more damage. They also get more serious tickets like DUI and reckless driving. Teenage male drivers are the most expensive to insure and thus pay the highest rates.
- Theft deterrents lower rates – Choosing a vehicle with a theft deterrent system can help bring down rates. Theft prevention features such as LoJack tracking devices, vehicle tamper alarm systems or GM’s OnStar system can thwart auto theft.
- You might want pay the small claims yourself – Auto insurance companies award cheaper rates to insureds who do not file claims often. If you file claims often, you can expect either a policy non-renewal or much higher rates. Insurance coverage is designed for the large, substantial claims.
Is there deception in advertising?
Companies like State Farm, Allstate and GEICO consistently run ads on television and other media. All the ads make an identical promise that you’ll save big if you change to them. But how can every company make almost identical claims?
All companies are able to cherry pick for the right customer they prefer to insure. A good example of a preferred risk might be between the ages of 30 and 50, is a homeowner, and drives less than 7,500 miles a year. A customer who fits that profile will get very good rates and is almost guaranteed to save quite a bit of money when switching.
Consumers who don’t meet the “perfect” profile will have to pay higher premiums which leads to the driver buying from a lower-cost company. The ads state “customers that switch” not “people who quote” save money. That is how companies can advertise the savings. Because of the profiling, it is so important to get a wide range of price quotes. Because you never know which company will give you the biggest savings on Ford Windstar insurance.
Auto insurance coverages
Having a good grasp of a car insurance policy helps when choosing the right coverages and proper limits and deductibles. The coverage terms in a policy can be difficult to understand and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording.
Coverage for medical payments
Med pay and PIP coverage reimburse you for bills for X-ray expenses, pain medications and rehabilitation expenses. They can be used in conjunction with a health insurance program or if you are not covered by health insurance. Coverage applies to not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants in addition to if you are hit as a while walking down the street. Personal injury protection coverage is only offered in select states and may carry a deductible
Collision coverage protection
Collision insurance pays to fix your vehicle from damage caused by collision with a stationary object or other vehicle. A deductible applies and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision coverage protects against things like sideswiping another vehicle, damaging your car on a curb and rolling your car. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so you might think about dropping it from lower value vehicles. Drivers also have the option to increase the deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
Comprehensive insurance coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. A deductible will apply and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive can pay for things such as falling objects, rock chips in glass and damage from getting keyed. The maximum amount your car insurance company will pay is the actual cash value, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Uninsured and underinsured coverage
Your UM/UIM coverage provides protection when other motorists either have no liability insurance or not enough. Covered claims include medical payments for you and your occupants and also any damage incurred to your Ford Windstar.
Because many people carry very low liability coverage limits, their limits can quickly be used up. So UM/UIM coverage is important protection for you and your family.
Auto liability insurance
This will cover damage that occurs to other’s property or people by causing an accident. This coverage protects you against other people’s claims, and doesn’t cover damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. You might see liability limits of 25/50/25 which means $25,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a total of $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and a total limit of $25,000 for damage to vehicles and property.
Liability insurance covers things like medical expenses, bail bonds and emergency aid. How much liability should you purchase? That is up to you, but buy as high a limit as you can afford.
Coverage on a shoestring budget
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, you should never buy poor coverage just to save money. Too many times, drivers have reduced full coverage and found out when filing a claim they didn’t purchase enough coverage. Your strategy should be to buy a smart amount of coverage for the lowest price, not the least amount of coverage.
Drivers switch companies for any number of reasons including delays in responding to claim requests, unfair underwriting practices, being labeled a high risk driver or even lack of trust in their agent. Regardless of your reason, finding a great new company can be easier than you think.
In this article, we presented a lot of information how to reduce 1996 Ford Windstar insurance prices online. The key thing to remember is the more quotes you get, the better chance you’ll have of finding lower rates. You may even discover the lowest priced insurance comes from a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising.
- Red Light Cameras (State Farm)
- Airbag FAQ (iihs.org)
- Get the Right Protection (InsureUonline.org)
- Child Safety Seats (Insurance Information Insitute)
- What Determines the Price of My Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Auto Theft Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
Frequently Asked Questions
- How Much Does Car Insurance Cost?
- Cheap Car Insurance: Myth or Reality?
- Will a Speeding Ticket Raise My Car Insurance Rates?
- Car Insurance Rates 2018: Why are Prices Increasing?
- How Much Does Car Insurance Cost for a 16 Year Old?
- Which Cars are Cheapest to Insure?
- Does a Teenager with a Learner’s Permit Need to be Listed on my Policy?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Ford Fusion Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Subaru Outback Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area