Cheapest 1996 GMC S 15 Jimmy Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Jun 1, 2023
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Locating low-cost insurance for a new or used GMC S-15 Jimmy could be an all-consuming task, but you can learn our insurance buying tips to make it easier.
There are both good and bad ways to buy insurance so you’re going to learn the absolute fastest way to compare rates for your GMC and locate the lowest possible price either online or from local insurance agents.
Consumers need to compare prices occasionally since rates trend upward over time. Just because you had the lowest price for S-15 Jimmy insurance on your last policy you can probably find a better price now. So block out anything you think you know about insurance because you’re about to learn how to use the internet to save on insurance.
Buying the best coverage is quite easy. If you have insurance now or need new coverage, you will benefit by learning to find better prices and possibly find even better coverage. Drivers just need to learn the most effective way to find the lowest price online.
The most recommended method to compare rate quotes is to know the fact all the major auto insurance companies participate in a system to give free rates quotes. The only thing you need to do is provide a little information like whether you are married, whether you drive to work or school, the make and model of your vehicles, and if you have a valid license. Your details is instantly sent to multiple companies and they return rate quotes instantly to find the best rate.
Don’t pay full price with these discounts
Insuring your fleet can be pricey, but companies offer discounts to reduce the price significantly. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically when you complete an application, but less common discounts must be inquired about before you will receive the discount. If you aren’t receiving every discount available, you’re just leaving money on the table.
- Military Discounts – Being on active duty in the military can result in better rates.
- Safe Driver Discount – Safe drivers may save up to 50% more for S-15 Jimmy insurance than drivers with accident claims.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Buying coverage for multiple cars or trucks with the same company can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Good Students Pay Less – This discount can get you a discount of up to 25%. The good student discount can last well after school through age 25.
- Life Insurance Discount – Some companies give a discount if you purchase a life insurance policy as well.
- Theft Prevention Discount – Vehicles with anti-theft systems are stolen less frequently and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
It’s important to note that some of the credits will not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only cut individual premiums such as liability, collision or medical payments. So when the math indicates it’s possible to get free car insurance, it just doesn’t work that way. But any discount will reduce your overall premium however.
For a list of insurers who offer auto insurance discounts, click this link.
Factors influencing GMC S-15 Jimmy insurance rates
It’s important that you understand the different types of things that play a part in calculating the price you pay for auto insurance. Knowing what impacts premium levels enables informed choices that can help you get much lower annual insurance costs.
- Higher deductibles cost less – Physical damage deductibles represent how much money you are willing to pay in the event of a claim. Physical damage coverage, termed comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, insures against damage to your car. Some instances where coverage would apply could be colliding with a building, collision with an animal, and burglary. The more money you are required to pay out-of-pocket, the less your company will charge you for insurance for S-15 Jimmy insurance.
- Multi-policy discounts can save money – Most insurers give discounts to customers who consolidate policies with them in the form of a multi-policy discount. Even if you’re getting this discount it’s in your best interest to compare rates to make sure you are getting the best deal. You may still be able to find a better deal by insuring with multiple companies.
- Drive less and save money – The more you drive every year the more you’ll pay to insure your vehicle. Almost all companies rate vehicles based upon how you use the vehicle. Autos not used for work or commuting receive lower rates as compared to vehicles used primarily for driving to work. Ask your agent if your auto insurance policy is rated on the correct driver usage, because improper ratings can cost you money. Incorrect usage on your S-15 Jimmy may be wasting your money.
- Tickets mean higher rates – Just one ticket may increase your cost forty percent or more. Drivers with clean records receive lower rates than people who have multiple driving citations. Drivers who have severe citations such as hit and run, DWI or reckless driving convictions may need to submit a SR-22 form with their state DMV in order to drive a vehicle legally.
- Mature drivers pay less – Teenage drivers tend to be less responsible when behind the wheel so they pay higher auto insurance rates. Older insureds tend to be more responsible, file fewer claims and are safer drivers.
- No coverage gaps is important – Having an insurance coverage lapse will be a quick way to increase your auto insurance rates. Not only will rates go up, getting caught without coverage may earn you a hefty fine and possibly a revoked license.
Your personal situation dictates your coverage
When buying adequate coverage, there isn’t really a perfect coverage plan. Everyone’s situation is a little different.
Here are some questions about coverages that may help you determine if you might need an agent’s assistance.
- Does my medical payments coverage pay my health insurance deductible?
- Are split liability limits better than a combined single limit?
- Do I need added coverage for expensive stereo equipment?
- Is there coverage for injuries to my pets?
- Should I buy additional glass protection?
- Who is covered when they drive my 1996 GMC S-15 Jimmy?
- Does insurance cover damages from a DUI accident?
If you can’t answer these questions but you know they apply to you, you might consider talking to an insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, fill out this quick form. It only takes a few minutes and can provide invaluable advice.
Car insurance coverages explained
Learning about specific coverages of your car insurance policy can help you determine the right coverages for your vehicles. The coverage terms in a policy can be difficult to understand and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording.
Comprehensive insurance coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You first have to pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against claims such as vandalism, theft, hitting a bird and fire damage. The highest amount your car insurance company will pay is the cash value of the vehicle, so if the vehicle is not worth much it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Uninsured and underinsured coverage
This coverage gives you protection from other drivers when they either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. This coverage pays for hospital bills for your injuries as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Due to the fact that many drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required, it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is important protection for you and your family. Normally these coverages are identical to your policy’s liability coverage.
Coverage for medical payments
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP pay for expenses for things like X-ray expenses, doctor visits and rehabilitation expenses. They can be used in conjunction with a health insurance plan or if there is no health insurance coverage. Medical payments and PIP cover all vehicle occupants in addition to getting struck while a pedestrian. Personal Injury Protection is not an option in every state and may carry a deductible
Liability auto insurance
This coverage provides protection from damages or injuries you inflict on other’s property or people in an accident. It protects YOU from claims by other people, and does not provide coverage for your own vehicle damage or injuries.
It consists of three limits, bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. You might see values of 25/50/25 which stand for a $25,000 limit per person for injuries, a limit of $50,000 in injury protection per accident, and $25,000 of coverage for damaged property. Some companies may use a combined single limit or CSL which limits claims to one amount rather than limiting it on a per person basis.
Liability coverage protects against things such as structural damage, court costs and repair costs for stationary objects. How much liability coverage do you need? That is a personal decision, but buy higher limits if possible.
This covers damage to your S-15 Jimmy caused by collision with an object or car. A deductible applies and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision insurance covers things such as sustaining damage from a pot hole, colliding with a tree, scraping a guard rail and colliding with another moving vehicle. This coverage can be expensive, so consider removing coverage from vehicles that are older. You can also increase the deductible to save money on collision insurance.
Feed the piggy bank
Insureds switch companies for any number of reasons including denial of a claim, not issuing a premium refund, poor customer service or even being labeled a high risk driver. Regardless of your reason, finding a new car insurance company can be pretty painless.
As you shop your coverage around, you should never skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. In many cases, an accident victim reduced liability coverage limits and found out when filing a claim that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. Your goal should be to buy a smart amount of coverage at an affordable rate while not skimping on critical coverages.
You just learned a lot of ways to reduce 1996 GMC S-15 Jimmy insurance prices online. The key thing to remember is the more providers you compare, the better your chances of lowering your rates. You may even find the best prices are with a small mutual company.
To read more, take a look at the following helpful articles:
- Can I Drive Legally without Insurance? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Vehicle Insurance (Wikipedia)
- Rental Reimbursement Coverage (Allstate)
- Collision Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)
Frequently Asked Questions
Are insurance rates typically higher or lower for older vehicles like the 1996 GMC S 15 Jimmy?
Older cars like the 1996 GMC S 15 Jimmy typically have lower insurance rates than more recent models. Because older cars typically have lower market values, the insurance company could potentially incur reduced costs in the event of a total loss.
Can I get discounts to lower the insurance rates for my 1996 GMC S 15 Jimmy?
There are several potential discounts available that can help lower the insurance costs for your 1996 GMC S 15 Jimmy. These discounts include having a clean driving record, being a careful driver, bundling policies with the same insurance company, installing anti-theft devices, and completing defensive driving classes. It’s recommended to inquire about these savings from different insurance providers.
Is it necessary to carry comprehensive and collision coverage for a 1996 GMC S 15 Jimmy?
Whether you need comprehensive and collision coverage for your 1996 GMC S 15 Jimmy depends on its value and your preferences. Dropping these coverages can lower insurance rates if the market value is low. However, it’s important to consider that without comprehensive and collision coverage, you would be responsible for repair or replacement costs in case of accidents, theft, vandalism, or natural disasters.
How can I find the cheapest insurance rates for my 1996 GMC S 15 Jimmy?
To find the cheapest insurance rates for your 1996 GMC S 15 Jimmy, it’s recommended to compare quotes from multiple insurance companies. You can contact insurers directly or use online comparison tools. Additionally, maintaining a clean driving record, choosing higher deductibles, and exploring available discounts can help reduce your insurance premiums.
Are there any specific insurance providers that offer lower rates for insuring a 1996 GMC S 15 Jimmy?
To discover the best insurance cost for your 1996 GMC S 15 Jimmy, it’s necessary to check quotes from several carriers as insurance rates might vary. Look into antique or vintage vehicle insurance providers; they may provide specialized coverage options and affordable premiums for older automobiles. It is advised to look into several insurance options because personal characteristics can still affect individual pricing.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Ford Escape Insurance
- Chevrolet Malibu Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area